Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter

+54
Morning Angel
mialoubug
QueenSix
ActonBell
salamandersam
RiverThames
mayram
Red Wolf
BreezyK
killershrew
Gallifrey Girl
DarkSpork
SarahJanet
Sheli
inversed
Pop'n'Fresh
Paris, Texas
laddical
Carrie Ann
eventide82
maxell131313
vwlphb
Unlucky Bear
Escape
Instant Monkeys
Esseilte
Miss Moneypenny
blixie
kakalinadumox
katesti
punzy
choubetcha
Snarryfan
eco
Jude
pinguerin
tothemax
slmader
harvey the penguin
particle_person
Raksha
puddingcup
stephentrendy
Cutebutpsycho
snorf
jcpdiesel21
whatthedeuce
caerbannog
Eris Rising
Charishawk
blooey
biakbiak
Jasmine
TiffanyNichelle
58 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Twitter - Page 3 Empty Re: Twitter

Post  eventide82 Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:12 am

I'm @BoredomAbounds on Twitter. I don't tweet as much as I used to, but hopefully that will change soon.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:52 pm

I am occasionally on Twitter - @carriesnead - but I'm more of a reader than a Tweeter, and I feel so much pressure to keep up that if I miss a day I tend to go off it for a month or so (which is where I am now).
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:23 pm

I love when companies have bitchy exchanges on Twitter. Diigo was down today.
@Pinboard Why is Diigo down? Because in their heart they want you to switch to Pinboard. Don't make this day any harder for them by saying no!
@diigo @Pinboard We're trying to resolve this issue for our users. Please keep it professional. Thanks
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Wow.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Ha! Diigo totally sounds like a crotchety old HR person in that tweet. Not that I don't agree, but still.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:17 pm

I have been randomly followed by Naomie Harris. I'm chuffed and slightly mystified I had not posted anything or followed anyone related her or Bond. Most of my tweets which are not pimping my pinterest are retweets about mental health, the bad sex in literature awards and complaints about the idiocy of the most powerful women's social-media-hub in my neck of the woods. I followed her back and now find her completely lovely and plan to watch all her performances I have missed.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Is anyone else's autofill wonky? Used to be, when I was writing a tweet, if I typed @ and the first few letters of a follower's name, their handle would come up. Now when I do it, random people's names are popping up. No one that I follow or have ever heard of. It's all strangers and none of my actual followers are showing up either.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Pop'n'Fresh Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Are you using a computer or phone, and if the former, does anyone else ever use it? Because my flatmate and I have been experiencing a weird bug whenever we use our (shared) laptop, that exact thing happens. When we're logged in to our own account, sometimes we get each others' followees in the @ drop down rather than our own. Plus sometimes having their @s show up in the @ list rather than our own. It's weird. I've been in contact with Twitter help desk about it and they were just like, yeah whatever, just clear cookies.

Pop'n'Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Choubetcha, I am having that happen too. Usually on the web interface on my Mac laptop on Safari.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm also on a Mac using Safari, and nobody uses my computer but me. I logged out and emptied cache and that seems to have fixed it for me so maybe my freakout was premature. Thanks for talking me through.

(Pop'n'Fresh, that is super annoying that they don't seem to care. I hope your issue gets resolved! I was so relieved when mine went away because the person I tweet with most has a user name of 13 random letters, which I will never memorize. I told him if autocomplete goes, we will just say our goodbyes.)

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Do you guys have mobile apps you use for Twitter that you like? I'm most concerned about ease of reading, since I don't tweet much. I would LOVE to find one that kept track of the last tweet you read (like the forum does), and even better if the tweets showed up oldest to newest top-to-bottom instead of scrolling to the bottom for the oldest tweets. Barring both of those, I'd just take a nice looking app that loads quickly.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:52 pm

I like HootSuite. If you're just opening the app after leaving it closed for a long time, you have to scroll down from newest to oldest. But if the app is already open or you closed it only a little while ago (it has a short memory and doesn't take long to forget what you were reading), it loads the tweets from where you left off, so you scroll up to read from oldest to newest. It also tells you how many new tweets there are. I usually leave it open in the background unless I'm really worried about my battery. The interface is black on light gray, which doesn't hurt my eyes. If you have favorite searches or hashtags, you can add them to the "front page" and search them quickly after checking your own timeline.

TweetDeck is a pretty handy app as well, but I have problems with it freezing and crashing. It seems to work well for others, though.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:37 pm

So it looks like I'm going to need to start using Twitter for work. I figure if I'm going to have a work-Twitter I may as well have a personal one as well, but is it possible to run TweetDeck (or whatever) and have both my personal and work accounts running at the same time?

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:09 pm

I think so? I'm not a tweetdeck user, but most clients offer that.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:00 pm

I use TweetDeck and it does let me add another Twitter account and run them both. I could even add my Facebook account, but I found I didn't like seeing Facebook updates in that Twitter-style format.

I haven't had to be careful about a work account vs. a personal account on TweetDeck, though, so I'm not sure how well the app works for that - like how easy it is determining which account you're tweeting with, for example.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Not sure what OS you all have for mobile, but if it's Android, I love Plume.

I use it for multiple accounts, and I like it for that. You can choose to view both timelines in one unified timeline, with each tweet color-coded so that tweets for your work account show up with a little red bar on the left and tweets for your personal account have a little yellow bar on the left (or whatever colors you want). You can also choose to keep the timelines separate and just toggle between them whenever you want. When you write a tweet, it displays your account icons and you just tap whichever one you want to tweet from (you can choose to tweet from both too).

(Carrie Ann, if you're still looking as well, Plume lets you change the flow of tweets from oldest to newest, and it also saves your place in your timeline.)

If you don't have Android, I unfortunately don't think there's a version for iOS. The Plume app for sale for iphone isn't free and looks like it's made by a different company so watch out for that.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  SarahJanet Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:46 pm

I run about five accounts for work in addition to my personal one, and I recently forked out the money for Tweetbot on all my platforms (Mac, iPhone, iPad). It was expensive but worth every penny. It's really, really slick and is great for multiple accounts. I have mine set to default to my personal one (I'd rather send a work tweet to my personal account by mistake than vice versa!) but I see the avatar of the account in the corner of the text box, so it's really clear which one I'm tweeting from.

I've gone through a lot of different multi-account clients, and they seem to keep getting not supported after a while. That said, I think Tweetdeck is better on PC than it is on Mac.

SarahJanet

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:39 pm

If you have OS X Mountain Lion, Sarah, I believe the Notification Manager supports tweeting to multiple accounts too, so you can do it right from the side of the screen. You set it up by adding as many Twitter accounts as you like under Settings->Mail, Contacts & Calendars. Then in the Notification Manager (the drawer that slides out when you click the icon in the menubar that's furthest to the right) you can tweet. It will let you select which account from a popup.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:24 pm

I also manage my work Twitter, but we have seriously like 5 followers and I just... don't... care.

Do you have to download an app to make 1 post and have it show up on both Facebook and Twitter? Because I kind of love Twitter, but I don't post as often as I would like.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pop'n'Fresh Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:31 am

I use the free app Echofon, and it's very easy to switch between multiple accounts. There's a little menu button on the top left, and if you hit it it brings up a list of all your accounts, and then you can select which one.

Pop'n'Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkSpork Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:10 pm

One thing about managing multiple accounts... It's VERY easy to mispost, at least on the desktop clients.

Personally I never run my personal and work accounts out of the same tool at the same time. On my work computer, I use Tweetdeck for the work account and Hootsuite for my own.

DarkSpork

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Jim Cantore from The Weather Channel is in town for the blizzard, and I'm getting a huge kick out of the number of people tweeting pictures of themselves posing with him and his yardstick (NOT A EUPHEMISM). Everyone just seems so delighted by it. One guy had him sign a ruler! It makes a nice change from all the tweets of empty bread shelves at supermarkets.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:43 pm

So I got a personal Twitter account. My name is the same as it was back when I was Tweeting for my old job over two years ago -kycarrie. I kind of can't believe it was still available!

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Ha, choubetcha, I just sent the signed-ruler one to my friend who is obsessed with Jim Cantore. She is so excited that he's here. She once was him for Halloween. It's not sticking yet (much)! She can still get out there!
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Newbie here. If you start a tweet with @example, it only goes to that person (unless someone looks at your profile or searches?) but if you put the @example in the body of a message it goes to both @example and anyone who follows you?

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next