Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community

+55
Kiran
Author By Night
Eris Rising
winncienzo
mandalaya
mo pie
Fraoch
epudom
dday515
Raksha
Case
Grainne Mhaol
eventide82
Bad Username
Rhilin
choubetcha
Corvus
SarahJanet
Never Enough
Mulva
jensa
BreezyK
biakbiak
Evil Lincoln
demgirl
sobe
elleth
bluebird
RiverThames
ActonBell
Caramel Coffee
Wildog27
nazlan
Matinee
punzy
Gilraen
Ji Xiang
NewYorkStranger
pizzagirl20
VodouDoll
killershrew
Bob Genghis Khan
caltrask55
Genevieve
punkysdilemma
Jamie
Instant Monkeys
Shalamar
jcpdiesel21
bookworm
The Dude
bbridges
laddical
blixie
queenofdenile
59 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Community  - Page 14 Empty Re: Community

Post  bookworm Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 pm

OK, the first few eps were not that great, but last week's episode had glimmers of awesomeness, and dang it if I didn't tear up a little during tonight's episode. *sniff*
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Haven't seen this week's episode, but I just wanted to say that I loved almost everything about the convention episode. Even Pierce with his "You're welcome!" and that whole Luke Perry Inspector thing. And I'll never say no to Tricia Helfer on TV. I can't believe she hasn't had better luck breaking out since BSG.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:03 am

They've been okay, but I can live with it. This ep reminded me of the unfairly maligned Troy's 21st birthday. Less funny but hit all right emotional notes.

I wish Tricia Helfer had got more to do. She's my celebrity birthday buddy.

They've gone Damn the torpedoes with the Jeff/Annie ship.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:59 am

The Dude wrote:They've been okay, but I can live with it. This ep reminded me of the unfairly maligned Troy's 21st birthday. Less funny but hit all right emotional notes.

I wish Tricia Helfer had got more to do. She's my celebrity birthday buddy.

They've gone Damn the torpedoes with the Jeff/Annie ship.

I love Troy's 21st Birthday!

I though this ep was pretty good. I love Britta/Jeff, not necessarily coupley but the characters work well together. Ditto the Abed/Troy/Annie duo. And the reveal of Jeff's brother with his nervous giggle made me laugh and rewind.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:01 am

Loved this week's episode, hated last week's.

When Starburns was a writer on Mr. Show they did a sketch taking down the "you stood up to me, you get a promotion" trope, so I doubt that plotline would have passed muster if he were still a writer here.

Meanwhile this week's ep should rightfully be recognized as one of their classics and I think that might have been the best parody of a Quirky Girl ever.

"She told me she's in an all girl kuzoo band."

"How am I supposed to know who these water wings belong to? Oh."
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Judging by the tone of headlines amongst episode reviews I've seen online, I don't think the Christmas episode was well received this year. Which is a shame. While it didn't make me really laugh, I found it extremely witty and amusing. But I would expect nothing less from an episode featuring Malcolm McDowell as a manipulative bastard. Watching him try his different ploys to break the group was awesome, if not gutbusting.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:11 pm

I enjoyed it too, I think it maybe suffered a bit from having aired after the best ep of the season IMO, the drug trip puppet episode.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue May 07, 2013 8:27 am

Season (and series) finale this week. I just hope they go out on a high note.

I did like this week's episode, but Annie with curly hair, braces and glasses is still hot.

"Midichlorines. Midichlorines!"
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue May 07, 2013 11:17 am

I really enjoyed this episode. It was very cool to see all the connections. In a weird way, it reminded me of Heroes back when it didn't suck.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wed May 08, 2013 5:52 pm

The Dude wrote:Season (and series) finale this week. I just hope they go out on a high note.

It's for sure cancelled then? I'm not sure they'd be able to keep it going much longer anyway, but that's a bummer. I hope all the actors show up all over the place. (Well, even more-so than they already do.)
Jamie
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed May 08, 2013 5:58 pm

It hasn't been cancelled for certain, NBC hasn't announced any comedy pickup yet. The current spec is Parks and Rec is a lock and than its a toss up between Community, Go On and Whitney. We will know for sure next week because that is the upfronts and perhaps even before given that they often announce renewals before than so the main press will be about the new shows.

Etb: it could happen as early as today as NBC has been announcing the cancellation of Deception and some pilots that they are not picking up.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed May 08, 2013 8:56 pm

I do know that Chevy won't return if there is a fifth season. Pierce is my least favorite character, BUT the episodes that centered around him in some way were pretty awesome: first Halloween ep, video game ep, Dungeons and Dragons, the season three finale, etc.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri May 10, 2013 1:05 am

Jamie wrote:
The Dude wrote:Season (and series) finale this week. I just hope they go out on a high note.

It's for sure cancelled then? I'm not sure they'd be able to keep it going much longer anyway, but that's a bummer. I hope all the actors show up all over the place. (Well, even more-so than they already do.)

Not official, but I'm not optimistic about two more and a movie.

If that was the end it was pretty flat.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri May 10, 2013 12:24 pm

I thought the finale was decent, but I'm a sucker for alternate universes.

Having seen the sum total of what they gave Pierce to do this season, well, I know Chevy Chase is a douche (and I'll allow that might be why they gave Pierce this level of material) but no wonder he wanted to leave the show.

Several NBC shows got canceled yesterday (1600 Penn, Up All Night, Whitney) but no word on Community yet. I wonder if they will actually renew it for another season of limping.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 pm

Well, honestly, what else have they got? Even at its worst, Community is still better reviewed than anything else they have other than Parks and Rec. Unless they want to jettison everything but the tip-top performers, Community is one of the best things they've got that has *some* brand recognition.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  winncienzo Fri May 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Yeah, NBC is in a terrible place right now, and as crazy as it is, Community isn't doing that bad. For them. On any other network it'd be cancelled for sure. Hard to believe there is hope for renewal after how much trouble it's had staying on the air. That being said, this new version of Community isn't bad, but it's still not the old Community. And I don't know if I care if New Community keeps going or not.

Now, let's talk getting Troy & Abed In the Morning on air. Because I would watch the hell outta that.

winncienzo

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Fri May 10, 2013 12:48 pm

I felt like the season three finale was the best at showing character growth, and providing a sense of closure. The penultimate episode about the origin story would have made a better finale, IMHO. I do understand, though, what they ended up doing. With the Chevy issues, the scheduling issues, Dan Harmon being gone, AND an ambiguous fate for the show, I see why they made the choices they did. I'm still bitter about Troy and Britta, though.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Fri May 10, 2013 9:20 pm

jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri May 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Someone on hitfix floated the idea that they should just let Jim Rash be the showrunner. Someone else floated the idea that the Trainwreck Principle is in full effect.

I'll still watch, but then again, I'm still watching How I Met Your Mother, so I shouldn't be trusted.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat May 11, 2013 1:21 am

That was a shock.

I still like seeing the ensemble work together with the exception of Chase. So there's that. Hopefully the new crew will find their legs.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat May 11, 2013 3:41 am

They were so close to 88 episodes that it wouldn't surprise me if basically Sony gave it to NBC for free or gave them crazy deals on their other shows. Sony cut them a crazy deal for last season and NBC can't get rid of everything.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue May 28, 2013 1:22 am

According to Harmon, Sony has offered him a deal to come back in a real way.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue May 28, 2013 3:41 am

I'm sure the lack of Chevy played heavily into that.

Though really... I can't say Chevy is solely to blame in that fiasco.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Tue May 28, 2013 4:31 am

Chevy isn't solely to blame. Harmon was an ass. It's just that Chase has a longer history of being an ass, so more scorn tends to land on him in these things.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue May 28, 2013 5:10 am

Oh I agree that Harmon is an ass who only has himself to blame for his dismissal, hell even the way he mentioned that Sony invited him back (at Harmontown, immediately regretted it and than was like fuck it) illustrates his self destructive tendencies. Though I do wonder how this show would have worked behind the scenes if he hadn't been forced to cast Chase.

I would also wonder what Harmon would be like if he quit drinking. I was at a taping of The Nerdist where he was so wasted that Hardwick didn't air it (it happened at the time of the Chase shit and than he got fired and Chris went on Harmntown to explain that he didn't air it because though he was funny he didn't want to add it to add to the narrative of him being crazy out of control by people talking things out of context) and it did make me wonder how he functions in life much less in a working environment.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum