Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community

+55
Kiran
Author By Night
Eris Rising
winncienzo
mandalaya
mo pie
Fraoch
epudom
dday515
Raksha
Case
Grainne Mhaol
eventide82
Bad Username
Rhilin
choubetcha
Corvus
SarahJanet
Never Enough
Mulva
jensa
BreezyK
biakbiak
Evil Lincoln
demgirl
sobe
elleth
bluebird
RiverThames
ActonBell
Caramel Coffee
Wildog27
nazlan
Matinee
punzy
Gilraen
Ji Xiang
NewYorkStranger
pizzagirl20
VodouDoll
killershrew
Bob Genghis Khan
caltrask55
Genevieve
punkysdilemma
Jamie
Instant Monkeys
Shalamar
jcpdiesel21
bookworm
The Dude
bbridges
laddical
blixie
queenofdenile
59 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Community  - Page 8 Empty Re: Community

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:15 pm

I really would have liked to watch the latest episode of this show last night instead of the minor league baseball that my NBC affiliate chose to broadcast instead. SIGH.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Chevy should probably stop leaving voicemails for Dan proclaiming how shitty the show is and Dan should stop playing them for random people. (Yes, I am aware this was actually an older recording).
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Evil Lincoln Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 am

Oh. Oh dear. This whole thing is an awkward clusterfuck but now I just kind of feel embarrassed for Chevy, because it's becoming apparent that he didn't know why he was cast. I remember reading articles around the time of Community's premiere calling the role a redemption after all the feuds and the beating he took during his Roast, and they all had a faint, "Yay, maybe he has a sense of humor after all!" kind of tone. Now that it seems like he thought this was going to be a Clark Griswold-esque career comeback, or something? Oh man.

But more than that, I really want to know what comedies he thinks are good if he thinks Community is mediocre.

Evil Lincoln

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:20 am

A day in the life of Joel, courtesy of Morgan Spurlock and about 20 cumulative minutes of Hulu ads.

It's about 25 minutes long, but I enjoyed it. It does show them shooting scenes from an upcoming Community episode, and it's pretty clear what setting they're in at least, so spoilerphobes beware.

Also weird to see Chevy hanging around. Awwwwwwkwaaaaard.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:29 am

Also weird to see Chevy hanging around.

I thought he came off fairly fine in that Hulu bit with Joel and the make up artists, I mean he's still Chevy so smarmy and narcissistic is his baseline, but he didn't come off as out of place or like the whole/cast and crew hate him, they seem to treat him exactly like the study group treats Pierce, affectionately annoyed. I liked when Allison and Danny were like we can never whine around Joel, because he's so busy/committed he makes them feel like wimps.

I thought the funniest part of that new OLD voicemail was Chevy admitting that he didn't want to yell at him face to face because he *likes* Dan, and thinks he's a great writer, and it's only that damn EDITOR who keeps cutting all Chevy's good good shit (Dan of course is totally a control freak and I believe he edits the show himself). It makes sense that was before this year, perhaps now Chevy is aware it was Dan cutting all his good good shit. Ha.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:53 am

Now that it seems like he thought this was going to be a Clark Griswold-esque career comeback, or something?

The thing that kills me is that it so easily could have been a career comeback. I'm not a huge Chevy fan, but his comedic chops are undeniable, at least to me.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:11 pm

So, it's official that Troy is into Britta? And Britta knows this, and seems pleased? I THINK I like this, but I don't know.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:52 am

That's the impression I got. He looked really hurt when she read his text and called Blade a loser, and all throughout the first scene he looked bummed out and fake-smiling when she talked about how addicted she was to him.

And on an unrelated note, I'm into trains now!

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Heh, Dean Laybourne is still going through some stuff, or decided to keep the hair. Hee.

I know how funny this show is because it was on at the gym and I could only occasionally catch a subtitle, and I still found myself chuckling in an embarrassing way. (Goodman's braid, the Dean's train outfit, Jeff/Shirley at the Carnival).

"She was born in the 80's she uses her phone AS A PHONE."

I have to re-watch the first time through I didn't think Britta realized the "loser" text was from Troy. Annie just says you were texting "us", but obviously I missed something. I can totally see Britta and Troy hooking up, but not in any long term relationship way, but I'm willing to see where that goes.

The Jeff/Annie looks both pleased/annoyed me. Pleased because Jeff/Alison just have a such rapport, and annoyed, because, whatever: shit or get off the pot.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:29 pm

I like how they've developed Shirley and Jeff's relationship. He needs a best friend with whom he hasn't slept/is attracted.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Abed's "I need some help reacting to something" was the line of the night for me.

I'd also like to thank the costume designers for Annie's sweater.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 pm

blixie wrote:
"She was born in the 80's she uses her phone AS A PHONE."

I have to re-watch the first time through I didn't think Britta realized the "loser" text was from Troy. Annie just says you were texting "us", but obviously I missed something. I can totally see Britta and Troy hooking up, but not in any long term relationship way, but I'm willing to see where that goes.

I love the "...she uses her phone AS A PHONE." bit. This show, so funny. Also the Pierce/Chang BFF and breakup.

The Britta/Troy realization was just before the Annie/Jeff looks. Britta looks at her phone, looks at Troy, then at Annie who sort of nods. Then Britta gets the goofy smile.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah, she definitely figured it out right at the end, and that's when I felt a fangirl squee, and I was surprised that I felt that way, because while I totally buy their mutual attraction/affection, I can't in any way imagine it WORKING.

But, I'm even more THIS SHOW about THIS SHOW than I am about my other THIS SHOW (Vampire Diaries) in terms of trusting the writers and their vision, so I'll see how it plays out.

I like how they've developed Shirley and Jeff's relationship. He needs a best friend with whom he hasn't slept/is attracted.

Meeeeee toooooo! And in perfect Jeff fashion, he flat-out tells her that he's being manipulative by telling her he can confide in her the way he can't in other people, but that doesn't make his statement any less *true.*

The Jeff/Annie looks both pleased/annoyed me. Pleased because Jeff/Alison just have a such rapport, and annoyed, because, whatever: shit or get off the pot.

I was worried throughout the whole episode that Annie, like Britta, would have to realize that she couldn't keep clinging to a guy who was wrong for her, and I was afraid that they would make the same point re: Jeff/Annie as with Britta/Blade. But clearly that's not what they're going for, so phew!
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:24 pm

But clearly that's not what they're going for, so phew!

Hee, yeah I mean I couldn't help but give a little happy sigh, BUT it was like having Jeff tell Shirley he was manipulating her. DAMMIT DAN, please just resolve romantic tension like issues, for my personal sanity, how many times do I have to bring up Dave/Lisa?!!

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:06 am

DAMMIT DAN, please just resolve romantic tension like issues, for my personal sanity

After last night's episode, a part of me thinks that Dan Harmon read this and did the opposite just for his own amusement.

I am liking Annie and Abed becoming closer friends, though. I don't think the show is trying to set up anything romantically between them but they do have a lot of control-freak tendencies in common and I like that he can (sort of) open up to her.

My favorite thing may have been Leonard peeping in the bushes when Jeff and Annie kissed. Hee. It only would have been better if the scene had included a "Shut up, Leonard!" of some kind.

queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:38 pm

The latest episode is one where much like the season 2 Halloween episode, I appreciated the risks that the show took in presenting such an unusual story, but I didn't really care for the final product or find it very funny.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:57 pm

They can't really kill Starburns, can they? I can't tell if it would be funnier to make his death real and go super dark, or to have him return next week as though nothing ever happened.

'Bout damn time they brought Professor Omar back AND HE SAID HE HAD A CODE!!

Oh, how I loved Tory and Abed playing good cop/bad cop and then Abed getting upset after they switched. And the tag with the Dean creepily singing to them as they slept! And more Jeff and Annie partnership (though seriously, shit or get off the pot for real with these two)! And Shirley being all officious because she watches cop shows when she's bored! And Britta with glasses!

Also, when Starburns/Alex mentioned that he saw the "Army guy" with the yam, did anyone else think he was talking about Leonard? Since he served in the North Korean Army (according to "Pillows and Blankets?") Maybe I'm just a big Leonard fan.

"Kiss me!"
"No!"
"I'll explain later!"
"NO!"
"I'll explain later!"
"The explanation isn't the issue!"
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:32 pm

I liked Todd's breakdown when he learned the yams were boiled, so relieved he hadn't been responsible for killing the roots. Hee. I also loved Britta wanting to contribute her psychologist perspective and getting dismissed only to have a someone say that's for a psychologist to figure out. Ha! Gillian still the MVP even in episodes she's hardly in.

But Alison was amazing too, her ability to commit 110% to whatever she's given to play and be convincingly hilarious about it is fantastic.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:17 pm

The best part was when the medical examiner from L&O showed up. It was perfect.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:31 am

It was a little too soon for a conceptual episode and needed more Britta, but I liked it. They had all the L&O ticks down pat.

"There has to be a female equivalent... like a codette."

I have to repspect the perverse glee Harmon takes to tormenting the Jeff/Annie shippers.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:24 am

The Dude wrote:It was a little too soon for a conceptual episode and needed more Britta, but I liked it. They had all the L&O ticks down pat.

"There has to be a female equivalent... like a codette."

I have to repspect the perverse glee Harmon takes to tormenting the Jeff/Annie shippers.

Hee! Exactly what I came here to post. Great ep, but more Britta, please!!!

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 am

I sincerely thought the monkey did it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 am

Great at every point. Hit every L&O note perfectly, and the name of the episode might have been the greatest joke of all: Basic Lupine Urology

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:24 am

I didn't think it was Leonard only because Starburns mentioned a "weird head" first. Heh.

and the name of the episode might have been the greatest joke of all: Basic Lupine Urology

It is, right? Totally. Because of the....and the...? Why is that the greatest joke...exactly?

I actually think most of the humor from Britta in the episode, derived from minimizing Britta so that was fine with me.

"Who honors the pinky swear of a degenerate over a decorated war veteran? Hee."

"Is that why you hit your wife? Withdrawn! Is that why you drink and pop pills? Withdrawn! Are you a virgin? Withdrawn."

I loved Jeff's slam about growing a yam, "We're all fully grown adults failing a kindergarten project."

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:26 am

blixie wrote:
and the name of the episode might have been the greatest joke of all: Basic Lupine Urology

It is, right? Totally. Because of the....and the...? Why is that the greatest joke...exactly?

Dick Wolf! I kept thinking and thinking about what lupine urology could hve to do with yams, but then it came to me that it wasn't the yams, it was the Law and Order parody.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum