Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London 2012

+53
nikita
Jordan Baker
darthtall
Fiammetta
Evil Lincoln
Gillian
puddingcup
Francie Nolan
Morning Angel
ulkis
bookworm
terriem
Lurker
rivki8699
Ji Xiang
choubetcha
Cynara
Binky
Simbelmyne
Agent Sculder
truecrystal
Carrie Ann
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
whatthedeuce
dinahmoe
Disclaimer
Raised by wolves
Unlucky Bear
Pop'n'Fresh
Salieri
Matinee
laurelin_kit
Shadowlass
Crowbridge
Miss Moneypenny
Red Wolf
xyzzy
blixie
biakbiak
particle_person
allochthonous
Putli Bai
laddical
epudom
Algae
The Dude
Tabby
Cutebutpsycho
Crackie
big chicken
Instant Monkeys
maxell131313
57 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

London 2012 - Page 8 Empty Re: London 2012

Post  blixie Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:53 am

The Olympic Village is a big fuckfest.

Ha, this is why I can't believe anyone will make it to their events when the games are in Rio, to say that might be the party to end all parties is putting it mildly.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:56 am

Binky wrote:I'm impressed by the epic Olympic parties not having resulted in a major scandal, especially in the age of cell phone videos. Or, you know, international lovechildren. I'm picturing the coaches putting chastity belts/four kinds of contraception on their female athletes.

The village does provide free condoms. I think it was Nagano where they underestimated the amount they needed and had to get more. If I were an athlete, I'd want my events to come early in the first week so I'd have the rest of the two weeks to enjoy myself.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:57 am

Binky wrote: Or, you know, international lovechildren.
Heeheehee, I was thinking of that. I mean, they all have great genes, so they'd be the most amazing kids ever (on average), right?
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:09 am

Cutebutpsycho wrote:For those of us who are shallow like a swimming pool:

The Olympic Village is a big fuckfest.
Did you see the article about how Grindr crashed the minute the athletes arrived in London? Hee.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:11 am

HILARIOUS. A lot of people have a lot of hormones going :)
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:12 am

particle_person wrote:
Binky wrote: Or, you know, international lovechildren.
Heeheehee, I was thinking of that. I mean, they all have great genes, so they'd be the most amazing kids ever (on average), right?

Heh, only if the right kind of athletes hooked up. Like two tiny gymnasts would work. But what about a male gymnast and a female shotputter? You could start getting some really warped heights/body-shapes.

I know about the condoms. It's the running out part that made me think babies.

Also, I am completely unsurprised to learn the US women's soccer team is in the middle of everything getting rowdy. I feel like they'd be awesome to party with.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:21 am

Olympic gymnast uses Zelda medley during performance

I just sent this to my friend who spent half of junior year playing Zelda on N64. It's a pop cultural touchstone now!

Also, this could go just as well on the Good Celeb Quotes thread, but...
Olympic Weightlifter Zoe Smith Responds To Sexist Tweets: ‘We Don’t Lift Weights…For The Likes Of Men Like That
[We] don’t lift weights in order to look hot, especially for the likes of men like that. What makes them think that we even WANT them to find us attractive? If you do, thanks very much, we’re flattered. But if you don’t, why do you really need to voice this opinion in the first place, and what makes you think we actually give a toss that you, personally, do not find us attractive? What do you want us to do? Shall we stop weightlifting, amend our diet in order to completely get rid of our ‘manly’ muscles, and become housewives in the sheer hope that one day you will look more favourably upon us and we might actually have a shot with you?! Cause you are clearly the kindest, most attractive type of man to grace the earth with your presence.
Oh but wait, you aren’t. This may be shocking to you, but we actually would rather be attractive to people who aren’t closed-minded and ignorant. Crazy, eh?! We, as any women with an ounce of self-confidence would, prefer our men to be confident enough in themselves to not feel emasculated by the fact that we aren’t weak and feeble.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:47 am

She's 18 with that kind of confidence and brains. Amazing. That girl will do well in life.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:32 am

While I don't go for the really heavy muscly look, I find her quite pretty. Also, she has a funny blog.

But you know what's depressing? I can't even lift my own bodyweight. She can just about lift me twice over. And in my family, I'm the strong one. I bet she gets asked to lift things and open jars all the time at home.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  terriem Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:36 am

epudom wrote:Today has been a good day for GB - our first 2 gold medals. Woohoo! The first ever women's rowing gold medal, won by an impressive pair; one half is an Army Captain who is planning to go back to Afghanistan in September, and the other half only started rowing 4 years ago!

The second medal was won by probably Britain's athlete of the year already - Bradley Wiggins. 10 days after becoming the first Brit to win the Tour De France, he wins the cycling time trial. We also won the bronze in that race, another bronze in rowing and a silver.

Hopefully the annoying sections in the media who'd been bitching about the lack of gold medals thus far will shut up and let us get back to enjoying the sport.

Wasn't yesterday amazing? I was in charge of the office for the day, so every time it looked like Team GB might win, called everyone over to my computer to watch. The power...
Hopefully more today - rowing and cycling is always pretty good for us. Plus there are some good chances in the dressage. I work with a French guy who's getting a bit too gloaty, so we need more medals!

terriem

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:55 am

You know, I think I'm done with trying to watch gymnastics during the NBC prime-time show (streaming it while I'm at work is not an option). I couldn't get over how horrible the coverage of the men's all-around was last night - no rings, barely any routines shown except for Leyva's (only one shown from the silver-medal winner!). I could put up with the dreadful commentary if they'd, you know, show the damn sport. I think I'll check the results during the day and tune in only if I hear about something wonderful happening. At least I'll get to bed at a reasonable hour.

I still like watching diving, and at least they show the freaking competition.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 pm

NBC really, really needs to hire Samuel L. Jackson to either do recaps of the day's action or, preferably, just commentate on every single sport.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 pm

I would totally prefer him to Morgan Freeman at this point.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 pm

That all-around final was BANANAS.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:30 pm

While I don't go for the really heavy muscly look, I find her quite pretty. Also, she has a funny blog.

i didn't even think she was that muscle-y even! When I looked up her picture I was expecting one of those big female bodybuilders, to my shame. Can't believe people have given her shit about it, but I guess unfortunately that's not unexpected.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:13 pm

choubetcha wrote:That all-around final was BANANAS.

Agreed. Loved it though. What gets me every time me is seeing family members crying!
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm off to the Olympics tomorrow, and even better get to see GB! I'm going to women's volleyball, which should be cool, and am looking forward to seeing some sport in person as opposed to from the comfort of my sofa.

Today has been a great day - 3 golds and 3 silvers! I was at work during the shooting and canoeing, and listened to both events on the radio. You wouldn't have thought that either sport would work on the radio, but kudos to the commentators who managed to keep me on the edge of my seat as they started flicking between each event and pumped up the drama.
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji Xiang Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Someone who knows more about fencing than I do (which shouldn't be hard) - what is with the screaming? The first time it happened, we though the person got seriously injured.

Ji Xiang

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:39 pm

I know less than nothing about fencing but I thought I heard the announcers say that it's a ploy. If a point is close, they yell and celebrate in hopes of swaying the judges to give it to them.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:NBC really, really needs to hire Samuel L. Jackson to either do recaps of the day's action or, preferably, just commentate on every single sport.

Good lord, that's funny! However, NBC could never hire him because of the potential for HUGE FCC fines. Maybe if HBO had the broadcast rights, the we would get to experience the joy of Sam Jackson commentating on something like water polo.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:15 pm

I want to hire Yin Alvarez to pump me up whenever I'm feeling down. The way he runs around and does that crazy loud clap everytime Danell performs a routine seriously cracks me up. He's repeatedly come close to stealing his own kid's thunder throughout the Games because the cameramen and commentators focus on him so much!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:22 pm

bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:34 pm

I don't find him sexy at all and that American Flag "grill" has got to go.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:35 pm

Team Phelps here. I don't care of he has the wingspan of a 747 and looks a little neanderthal. He's still got swagger.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:44 pm

They're both sexy, but yeah, I'd require silence from either during any sort of hookup. I will admit to finding Lochte's douchebaggery HILARIOUS though. He's just so absurdly un-self-aware.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next