Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lindsay Lohan

+75
mortalmax
Rhilin
big chicken
Gillian
BloozyTunes
mrinsouciance
blooey
KatOla520
Matinee
BreezyK
Carrie Ann
sagitare
Instant Monkeys
woolhat
Binky
maxell131313
Arabella
bookworm
bosoxgirl
mayram
Lis
naughty zoot
bbridges
vwlphb
Melk
Jude
allochthonous
Decca
jcpdiesel21
ActonBell
mokey75
Genevieve
Soleil
Poubelle
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
Lady V
biakbiak
tothemax
Never Enough
VodouDoll
Kiran
Putli Bai
lisa
Crowbridge
Esseilte
Pumpkin Cake
particle_person
truecrystal
dinahmoe
Miss Moneypenny
Sheli
RubyTuesday
curryalley
jensa
Lily Rose
whatthedeuce
year of the cat
MichiSichi
The Dude
puddingcup
Eris Rising
Jamie
oxymoron
Fraoch
Raksha
queenofdenile
swsa
gannetguts
katesti
pizzagirl20
Jessica
aninnocent
blixie
The Glen
79 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Lindsay Lohan - Page 10 Empty Re: Lindsay Lohan

Post  The Glen Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:08 pm

I thought she was pretty engaging in her small role in Bobby, though she was a bit on the croaky side and overly tanned. I thought that was the last time she was really any good on screen. Mind you, that's several years ago now, isn't it? Anyway, I hope news sources will stop giving her attention, because as long as she thinks she can garner headlines by self-destructing, she'll keep doing it.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Even when I liked her, I just didn't buy her as a dramatic actress. Georgia Rule/Prairie Home Companion...she was just too self-conscious. She does better in comedies. Even with as awkward as parts of it were, her last SNL appearance was the best work she's done in years.

But I generally agree, I don't really think she has much to offer the industry anymore. This is such a strong time for young, female actors. There are so many multi-talented, really smart, and super charming women that it's hard to imagine there still being a place for Lindsay.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:56 pm

I really hope she gets her shit together, but I am pretty sure Emma Stone being adorable and talented has ruined any chance she had of making an actual comeback.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:59 pm

mokey75 wrote:I really hope she gets her shit together, but I am pretty sure Emma Stone being adorable and talented has ruined any chance she had of making an actual comeback.
...and she ain't getting any younger. Hollywood is not kind to women over 35 with very few exceptions, so she better get her shit together now.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:02 pm

I also think the genre that she was made for at her peak as an actress was the romantic comedy and...she does not fit that mold anymore. And its a dying genre. Back in her heydey I could have seen her doing well in an Apatow type film, but can you see Judd Apatow, or for that matter Seth Rogen putting up with her shit? Drew Barrymore had to do lifetime type films and Poison Ivy but the difference between her and Lindsay Lohan was she seemed grateful, and worked hard.

Drew also had Spielberg in her corner, just like RDJ had Jodie Foster and most of hollywood. Lindsay Lohan burned her bridges with Tina Fey and Meryl Streep. I don't see them giving her anymore chances.

Lindsay Lohan's main problem is her entitlement. She feels entitled to be an a list star, shes annoyed that all these actresses are stealing her parts, she doesn't want to put in the work necessary to get herself another career, even if it wasn't the one she used to have. I mean its not impossible. Natasha Lyonne has a pilot coming out this year. Natasha Lyonne. She was the hot mess to end all hot messes. The difference is she got help, got clean, did theatre, some guest shots on tv, and was humble about it. She wasn't running around screaming about how she had Slums of Beverly Hills, and was one of Woody Allen's muses and American Pie you guys!

Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:13 pm

That's the thing with her, the entitlement. The attitude I always get from her is not "well, I screwed up, I'm sorry, but I'm good for it, I swear!" Even that would be problematic, the "give me another chance even though I blew the last 100 chances." But instead what I see from her is "come oooonnnn, you guys, can't we get PAST that already?" When she's still in the middle of it. She seems to feel that everything she's done, instead of being a reliable template for how things are going to go if you hire her, are just an anomaly/a bump in her storied career. When it's been, like, how many years has it been now that she's been a crazy drugged-out mess? A bunch. And she always seems so annoyed, like why can't people just look past it? While giving ZERO indication that she's done being crazy or that she's going to be responsible now. She wants all the forgiveness/the comeback without actually doing anything to merit it, and she just seems irritated that it hasn't happened, while still doing all the exact stuff that is why people don't want to hire her. It's like she's disconnected from reality, or like she doesn't realize time is passing. She SHOULD be a big star, so in her mind she basically IS a big star and she's just tapping her toes waiting for people's dumb feelings to settle down so she can get back to being a big star like she's supposed to be, and they keep getting upset over this stupid stuff, which makes her angry, but it's not her fault, it's THEIR fault. The summary of my impression of her feelings on the subject is just a huge, constant eyeroll.

I frankly think she's done. I feel for her, her horrible parents haven't helped, and I do think she has talent and charisma. Even in stupid Liz & Dick I found her compelling to watch. But it's just not enough. All that can be true and she can remind herself of that stuff all she wants and it's still not enough to magically make her employable. She thinks she can get away with it, ultimately, because of who she is, and who she is just isn't enough. She's spent all that capital and then some, and I don't see that sinking in anytime soon.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:33 pm

I think the horrible parents excuse isn't going to fly either. I mean her parents are awful and I feel awful for her and her siblings that they grew up in that environment, but I once read an article about Shia LeBeouf that went into detail about his skidrow upbringing with his dad the PTSD suffering Vietnam veteran heroin addict birthday clown who he supports now and it was like....whoa.

Shia LeBeouf is a douchebag, no doubt, but he also gets to work and does the job well. He may badmouth it later but at the time hes good for it. I imagine that in hollywood, stuff like that doesn't help Lindsay Lohan's case when she is notorious for being late, if she shows up at all.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:36 pm

What I found telling about the NY Times article is that allegedly Lindsay only disputes one thing in it - that she drove after drinking on set. She doesn't deny any of the rest of it. But rather than that making me feel like she's owned up to it or knows she's messed up, it makes me feel like she doesn't even realize there's anything else in that article she needs to be embarrassed by. I mean, "Julia Roberts is late". I think she absolutely believes that everyone acts just like she does, but she's the only one who gets in trouble for it.

Her whiny tweet about Amanda Bynes not having to go to jail when SHE did kind of says it all.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:27 pm

swsa wrote:What I found telling about the NY Times article is that allegedly Lindsay only disputes one thing in it - that she drove after drinking on set. She doesn't deny any of the rest of it. But rather than that making me feel like she's owned up to it or knows she's messed up, it makes me feel like she doesn't even realize there's anything else in that article she needs to be embarrassed by.

Your very apt description reminded me of the recent Lance Armstrong interview/kerfluffle. His responses tended to focus on refuting one narrow part of a much wider indictment, and seeming to be clueless as to the wider story.

I do think Lance is a sociopath, but I wouldn't describe Linds that way.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:47 pm

I think shes a narcissist if anything.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 pm

swsa wrote: I think she absolutely believes that everyone acts just like she does, but she's the only one who gets in trouble for it.

Yeah, that article was sort of mindblowing, in terms of why anyone would ever hire her to do anything, when she's both a total trainwreck and completely oblivious to it. I honestly don't understand why she was hired for The Canyons beyond hope that her trainwreck would equal attention (which I guess it kind of did).

I do feel bad for her. I know she's an adult woman who has taken no responsibility for herself, possibly ever, but it's still sad. Both of her parents seem incredibly toxic and they're still somewhat/totally (respectively) in her life. She has substance abuse issues. She could have been financially stable, but she's not, and all her money was probably wasted on addiction/extravagance, meaning not even one advisor person managed to get her money someplace where she/hangerson couldn't get it.

There are many fucked up child stars with fucked up backgrounds, but she just seems to have gotten insurmountable shit (while lacking the talent of, say, Downey or even Shia Leboeuf that makes anyone keep trying). I just want someone to send her to, like, a farm where she can learn the basics about being an adult and not be allowed any substances, and neither of her crazy parents or any other exploitative ghouls have access to her.

I do wonder if jail (longer than a couple days) might actually help her, or if she'll just believe that "Julia Roberts should have gone to jail!"
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Kiran wrote:I mean its not impossible. Natasha Lyonne has a pilot coming out this year. Natasha Lyonne. She was the hot mess to end all hot messes. The difference is she got help, got clean, did theatre, some guest shots on tv, and was humble about it.
Yes. This is the difference. I find it very hard to imagine Lindsay ever getting humble. For one thing, her mom will never get humble or sober, so she will always have to grapple with that.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:03 pm

I think it would depend on the kind of jail. RDJ was helped by jail but he was put in a lockdown facility for a year. I don't think a Paris Hilton prison will help her.

I also think with RDJ and Shia LeBeouf its talent plus their problems rarely followed them to set, and when they did in RDJ's case he became uninsurable and Mel Gibson had to beg people to hire him. He only started coming back because of people being willing to take chances on him (particularly Jon Favreau and Shane Black) and him showing he still had it and wouldn't mess up.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Binky wrote:I just want someone to send her to, like, a farm where she can learn the basics about being an adult and not be allowed any substances, and neither of her crazy parents or any other exploitative ghouls have access to her.

Didn't Warren Beatty offer a version of this? I have a memory of him saying he would cast her in his new movie IF, and only if, she lived with him and his family during filming and was basically on lockdown? It sounded extreme, but seemed like he wanted to make sure she was focused and giving her chance to prove she was capable.

Of course Lindsey blew it off.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Never Enough wrote:Didn't Warren Beatty offer a version of this? I have a memory of him saying he would cast her in his new movie IF, and only if, she lived with him and his family during filming and was basically on lockdown? It sounded extreme, but seemed like he wanted to make sure she was focused and giving her chance to prove she was capable.

Phhht. Beatty's such a hater.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  BloozyTunes Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:52 pm

I honestly don't understand why she was hired for The Canyons beyond hope that her trainwreck would equal attention (which I guess it kind of did).

I get the feeling that they knew their movie wouldn't make it on its own merits, so they hired her to do her thing, and then trash her publicly when the movie failed. Now a lot of people are talking about it because of how badly she beahved, and it'll actually get some people buying it on VOD. Because of the negative buzz surrounding Lohan.

To be clear, I have zero sympathy for her! She played into this. There was a reporter on the set, and she behaved like... well, like herself.

Side note: I don't get the quote about Julia Roberts being late. I thought Julia is well known as one of the most responsible, punctual actresses in Hollywood.

BloozyTunes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Julia has a rep for being a pill but a total professional. I think Lindsay was talking out of her ass.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  BloozyTunes Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Yeah, a raging jerk, but I do remember that story about Julia calling the set in a panic because she'd gotten lost and was late.

While we're on the subject of Julia, didn't James Deen say in an interview that Linds demanded that everyone get naked for her sex scene because Julia Roberts did that? And the crew said "We'll do it for Julia Roberts, but not for you lol."

BloozyTunes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:06 pm

I think she honestly just name dropped Julia because shes the biggest star in the world and Lindsay conflates herself with her. And add in what people have said here, Lindsay believes that shes being persecuted for things everyone does, even when lets be frank, Julia Roberts is not regularly driving drunk, stalking people, doing drugs, and not showing up to set.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 pm

Plus, Julia Roberts still has that spark, which Lindsay lost (or never had- take your pick.)

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  BloozyTunes Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:26 am

Lindsay had a good deal of charm in her heyday. But she never had the talent that Julia has, not even close. And I freaking HATE Julia.

BloozyTunes

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:39 am

I enjoyed baby Lohan in The Parent Trap more than I've ever enjoyed Julia Roberts in anything, but yeah. Plus, if you stood Lindsay and Julia side-by-side in decent lighting, which one would you say was in her 40s?

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:08 pm

I hate Julia too, but damned if I don't stop and watch her whenever she is on TV. Like her or not, she's an 'It' girl well into her forties. I don't think Lindsay will ever recapture that.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Plus Lindsey is beginning to resemble not Julia at 40, but Charro at sixty!
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:00 pm

I think Julia Roberts comes off as kind of awful in real life, but as an actress I find her extremely watchable. And shes had a career that has lasted almost three decades. Lindsay Lohan had three good roles before she start acting a fool. Lets put that into perspective. I remember hearing stories of her being a brat on the Mean Girls set and even in the commentary Tina Fey says she made demands in regards to make up. Shortly after that came out I remember reading an interview with her in Entertainment Weekly where she was discussing how she wanted to compete with the Natalie Portmans but she was also kind of an entitled brat in that article, demanding that scripts be made less edgy for her, and ordering people around. And that was at the apex of the career.

But really to me that says it all. Lindsay Lohan was very charming. But she was in all of three good movies before she became a trainwreck. She had some good roles after that (Bobby and Prairie Home Companion) but she was already cementing her reputation as a train wreck. Julia Roberts is a snotty know it all, with entitlement issues, but she earns hollywood a lot of money. She is apparently a total professional when it comes to the work, shes been around since the mid 80s, and has an Oscar. Lindsay Lohan cannot compare herself to that.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum