Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hannibal

+44
airisu
spidey_88
vwlphb
Agent Sculder
Bob Genghis Khan
mokey75
nikita
MichiSichi
gannetguts
salamandersam
sagitare
LadyGayle
dinahmoe
Shadowlass
puddingcup
ulkis
punkysdilemma
Fraoch
killershrew
chibimanda
formerlyrandom
sen3
Pop'n'Fresh
Matinee
Snarryfan
RiverThames
xyzzy
particle_person
swsa
year of the cat
Coneycat
laurelin_kit
Binky
laddical
QueenSix
Unlucky Bear
Instant Monkeys
blixie
ActonBell
Kiran
biakbiak
Morning Angel
PrincessCleo
Lily Rose
48 posters

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

Hannibal - Page 9 Empty Re: Hannibal

Post  PrincessCleo Thu May 30, 2013 1:24 pm

God bless.

So who's prepared to never ever sleep again after whatever the hell is apparently going on in tonight's episode? Wheeee!
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Thu May 30, 2013 5:02 pm

PrincessCleo wrote:God bless.

So who's prepared to never ever sleep again after whatever the hell is apparently going on in tonight's episode? Wheeee!
I saw a still shot that made me actually recoil from my screen. Can't wait!

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu May 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Season Two!

And now to go make dinner.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu May 30, 2013 10:27 pm

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Thu May 30, 2013 10:35 pm

PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu May 30, 2013 10:36 pm

Yes, the dinner I made was rather impressive. And human-free!
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Fri May 31, 2013 10:34 am

Thank you NBC! I'm going write them and Bryan Fuller a thank you fan letter. I'm so happy to have a new show to that is so tailored for fannish-squee and is just so creepy, sexy, beautiful and adult and cool, etc.....

You know, we all go on about Hannibal's clothes, as we should, but I love Alana's clothes too. She's hot!

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri May 31, 2013 2:36 pm

Alana is delicious. In a non-cannibal way. Here's hoping we don't ever find out if she's delicious in a cannibal way.

Last night had one of the grossest things I've ever, ever seen - on network TV, movies, cable, anywhere. Jesus. Also I am terrified of things under my bed (when I was about 6 I had sharks under my bed. In beautiful, land-locked Kentucky. I was a weird kid), so that was just not an easy episode to watch.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri May 31, 2013 2:50 pm

Oh, I have often fangirled Alana's coat and boots and super-cute wrap dresses. I don't know if she and Beverly have ever met, but I feel like they should go shopping for cute jackets together.

I tried to make that part at the end a little better by looking at the behind-the-scenes/FX shots on Fuller's Twitter? It kind of didn't work? I have storage boxes under my bed, though, so I was feeling pretty good about that.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Fri May 31, 2013 3:01 pm

I think we can all agree that Hannibal is the worst friend. Oh Hannibal...

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri May 31, 2013 3:02 pm

WHICH REMINDS ME. Apparently people on Tumblr are shocked and disappointed that he's... a villain now? "NOW"?
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Fri May 31, 2013 3:09 pm

Heeeee. Well I suppose if you don't know ANYTHING about the show going in, and you didn't quite understand that he wasn't actually trying to help Abigail (or anyone else) by his prior actions, then this could be a surprising turn of events. Not sure how they reconciled Miriam's death, though.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri May 31, 2013 3:14 pm

Or the constant EATING PEOPLE?
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri May 31, 2013 3:21 pm

I was going to say...generally....hes been shown in every episode...eating people. Fangirls really will wank anything.

One of my favorite things about this show is how everyone keeps talking about how sane he is though versus how unstable Will is because of the images they project. I find that very amusing.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri May 31, 2013 3:27 pm

PrincessCleo wrote:WHICH REMINDS ME. Apparently people on Tumblr are shocked and disappointed that he's... a villain now? "NOW"?
That's just delightful. Woobie cannibal!

Actually seeing him saw away at that dude's face was one of the most horrific things ever.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri May 31, 2013 4:23 pm

Kiran wrote:I was going to say...generally....hes been shown in every episode...eating people. Fangirls really will wank anything.

One of my favorite things about this show is how everyone keeps talking about how sane he is though versus how unstable Will is because of the images they project. I find that very amusing.

I kind of think Hannibal is sane. He has a fucked up morality, but he has no delusions, he knows what he's doing, and he knows that it's "wrong" in a legal and social sense.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri May 31, 2013 5:09 pm

WHICH REMINDS ME. Apparently people on Tumblr are shocked and disappointed that he's... a villain now? "NOW"?

Will/Hannibal shippers are perfectly fine with Hannibal being a serial killer, but somehow think he is still a cute misunderstood woobie? I guess it's only when he does something sadistic and cruel to Will is when his actions get judged.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri May 31, 2013 5:30 pm

The scariest thing about that episode to me is that Will is sick and could be treated but his doctors aren't telling him, instead preferring to keep him afraid and worried and getting progressively worse and trying to cope with symptoms because they are EVIL! Yes, that is more scary than things under the bed and people with their faces half hacked off to me because of Reasons.

Hannibal, you are a bad friend! A VERY BAD FRIEND! And what is he up to in the promo?? Stop talking to that other psycho and stop telling him where people live!!!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri May 31, 2013 5:41 pm

I really should know by now not to be surprised at Shit the Internet Says.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Fri May 31, 2013 6:13 pm

PrincessCleo wrote:Or the constant EATING PEOPLE?
I think they rationalize the eating people thing. It's not really EVIL, it's just that everyone's got to eat and Hannibal is calling all us non-vegetarians on our BS. You know, if you are going to pretend that eating animals is ethical (given they are basically tortured by the big companies like Purdue), you may as well eat people too.[*]

[*] No, I don't really believe this. Just a modest proposal...
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri May 31, 2013 6:14 pm

Just a modest proposal

I see what you did there.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Fri May 31, 2013 7:10 pm

QueenSix wrote:Hannibal, you are a bad friend! A VERY BAD FRIEND! And what is he up to in the promo?? Stop talking to that other psycho and stop telling him where people live!!!
I'm basically prepared for this to be a very complicated gambit where he somehow screws everyone over while also emerging victorious. And murderous.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri May 31, 2013 9:34 pm

HOLY MADRE DE SHITBALLS that was terrifying. I can handle basically all the gore you want to throw at me but I CANNOT handle startle moments. I had to mute the TV twice (both times when I could tell by the shrieking, intensifying music that something was about to come out from under the bed). That makeup was fucking scary. Well done. And the horrifying corpse that Will saw in the MRI thing. Goddamn.

Hannibal is indeed A VERY, VERY TERRIBLE FRIEND. And yet I do still get the sense that he doesn't really see anything wrong with experimenting on Will as long as he "puts out the fire" before...what? Will dies? There's permanent damage? I don't know but I think it makes sense to him. I think he does like Will and he's probably aware that Will is suffering/scared but just like, it doesn't bother him to keep him suffering even though he likes him, he just doesn't really see it as a thing that matters. He is so cold and it's chilling. Uh, you know what I mean. (It's 90 degrees in my apartment; I like thinking about things that are cold.)

Um, I might have missed something but even if Georgia had Cotard's syndrome (BTW, the effect where she couldn't see Hannibal's face was also TEEEEERRRRRIFYING, I have a thing about no faces, not to mention the nightmarish quality of the whole thing and then he just calmly hands her the bloody scissors OMG THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD I AM SO GLAD IT GOT RENEWED EVEN THOUGH I AM VERY SCARED OF IT), why was her skin falling off again? She literally left behind a whole glove of skin? Or was that just Will hallucinating? But she clearly had something physical wrong with her and I didn't catch what that was. Oh, and Hannibal clearly was killing Dr. "Sure, Sounds Like A Terrific Evil Plan, Crazy Guy From Med School, Let's Git 'Er Done" in a way that made it look like Georgia did it, but why -- how did he know she was going to show up? (Wait, he didn't kill the first girl too, did he? This show makes me use my brain. *shakes fist*)

I have to admit that even though I have been chuckling over the fan stuff and how Hannibal has already become such a swoony idol and it's crazy to me how ANYONE on TV can be made "sympathetic," and about how I fully expect people will be super upset that Hannibal is mean to Will even though he's already killed and eaten like seventy people in the last few episodes -- I KIND OF FELT THE SAME WAY. When he killed Tobias I was like "Oh, HANNIBAL" (of course, Tobias was a murderer), but he takes Will to a neurologist and Will is sick and Hannibal LIES to him??!?!?!?!!?!?! I really felt kind of betrayed on some level. Hee hee.

OK, I KNOW there's some way that pig leg was people but I can't figure out how. People, though, yeah? Or maybe it was pig with a side of people. BTW, I'm reading The Night Circus and there is this recurring fancy middle-of-the-night dinner party and there's all this talk about how the food is elegant and intricately prepared and no one quite knows what's in it and it's all very mysterious, and ALL I can think of is that it's all people.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Fri May 31, 2013 9:41 pm

You know what would be hilarious? If, after setting us up for episode after episode to think everything is people, they faked us out and THE PIG WAS JUST A PIG. I mean, even Hannibal probably wants something different now and then. Maybe it's the second white meat.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri May 31, 2013 9:44 pm

I think the pig had to be just a pig. That was a whole leg, right down to the cloven hoof.

I imagine Hannibal eats plenty of non-people stuff. The Chesapeake Ripper doesn't kill frequently enough for him to use nothing but human as his meat.

The problem is that you just. Never. Know.

Um, I might have missed something but even if Georgia had Cotard's syndrome (BTW, the effect where she couldn't see Hannibal's face was also TEEEEERRRRRIFYING, I have a thing about no faces, not to mention the nightmarish quality of the whole thing and then he just calmly hands her the bloody scissors OMG THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD I AM SO GLAD IT GOT RENEWED EVEN THOUGH I AM VERY SCARED OF IT), why was her skin falling off again?

Whatever was ailing her physically - and I didn't catch what the name was - is what triggered her Cotard's syndrome. Her body was decaying, so... obviously she must be dead!

And is it me or is it a little weird that Hannibal gives us a face-blind killer the same week that Arrested Development comes back featuring a new character that is face-blind? Crazy.

Everyone seems to be expecting Hannibal to pull Will out of the fire, so to speak, after watching him suffer a bit. I don't think that's where Hannibal's going. Or at least it's not where Hannibal intends to go, though he may play it off that way when Will starts recovering despite Hannibal's efforts. I think Hannibal is aiming to completely break Will and either turn him into a psychotic killer or, at the least, discredit him so that Will loses his position with the FBI. Hannibal recognizes that if anyone is going to catch him, it's going to be this "perfect empath". So he's dealing with him.

"Fear makes you rude, Will" may be the greatest line in the series so far.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum