Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleepy Hollow

+48
Crackie
Putli Bai
pinguerin
Instant Monkeys
Grainne Mhaol
Shadowlass
Genevieve
formerlyrandom
Heather
Cynara
GoodbyeWithWords
MtOlivePickles
gannetguts
punzy
PrincessCleo
shanndee
Muggsy
SNeaker
Coneycat
ichabotcrane
Miss Moneypenny
big chicken
Carrie Ann
Corvus
jennlynnster
rivki8699
Agent Sculder
chibimanda
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Snarker
dionneshea
Raised by wolves
Shalamar
QueenSix
RiverThames
bookworm
TiffanyNichelle
blixie
sagitare
naughty zoot
laddical
Kiran
ActonBell
jensa
particle_person
Gallifrey Girl
dreago
52 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

Sleepy Hollow - Page 24 Empty Re: Sleepy Hollow

Post  blixie Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:03 am

I am never going to get over them getting rid of Katrina to reinstate Katrina in the form of Betsy Ross, why do they think we have to give a shit about woman macking on Ichabod in the past, why do they think we need the past in every single episode. UGH.

I thought the Ichabbie was sorely lacking in this episode and was largely used as some kind of crumb tossing to act like the writers are taking care of that relationship. NOPE.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:25 pm

I enjoyed the crossover more than I expected - not ever having watched an episode of Bones. I thought the change of scene and genre added a touch of realism and was a welcome shakeup to a show still trying to find its feet. The Bones half was fairly interesting - not compelling enough to make me a regular viewer - but notable because of the difference between the attitudes of the shows' writers to Ichabbie. Brennan's blasé attitude to the idea of them hooking up reflects the exasperation of every shipper this season.

To any objective viewer Ichabod and Abbie are in love, but the Sleepy Hollow writers seem willfully blind to that fact. Abbie's lack of a real love interest compared with Ichabod's two (this season alone), plus her acting as matchmaker for him is kind of a retrograde step. I had thought the #AbbieMillsDeservesBetter campaigning had struck home last season and caused some concrete changes in the way her character was being portrayed.

The interactions between the two characters in season one were so touching, telling of kindred spirits who genuinely cared about one another. With the revamp of this season, I was hoping to see more emotion played out in their scenes together. For some reason, their relationship is being portrayed as comedic and buddy-buddy, without any of the concern and friendship that makes the chemistry between Mison and Beharie so watchable. If they're going for a slow-burn, this is exactly the wrong way to go about it.

Despite these reservations, I really enjoyed the Sleepy episode. The twistory aspect was fun and felt like a classic episode, with thankfully little Betsy Ross (maybe they're listening?). The scenes with Joe and Jenny are a joy to watch - their chemistry is real and unforced and their conversations have real emotion behind them, everything Ichabbie isn't right now. Pandora continues to rule, but I want to know her motivation now, because my interest in her enigmatic nursery rhymes is waning.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:46 pm

I've been watching all season, but 307 was the first episode I was really into. It's not at all difficult to figure out why: it was almost entirely about the only four people I care about. Very little of the tertiary characters, no SBR, very brief flashbacks. Plus, there was some kissing and I am hella into Joe and Jenny.

And while I'm still bummed at the loss of Orlando Jones, I don't think we ever got enough time with Irving as a part of the team for me to get attached to his presence in that way (and I found regular cop Irving less than thrilling), so for me, Joe is a perfect fourth for the team. He has such a sweet energy, and I like his ties to the Mills sisters and to Corbin and their background. Also, he's pretty.

Even though I'm still not satisfied with the quality of the Ichabbie dynamic, I do think there has been a marked increase in Jenny/Abbie time and Crane/Abbie time (the roommate thing is a great solution because they need a natural reason to see each other all the time), and I'm glad that it seems like the new showrunner took some time to think about the Witnesses and the team. (Which makes it even more baffling that they took the SBR route but whatever I don't watch those scenes so they don't affect my enjoyment.) I hate to even hope that the rest of the season will be like this, but if it is, I will be happy. (And then also sad because I think it's probably a goner.)
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:50 pm

I agree with everything pretty much everything, Carrie Ann. I also can't help but wonder if the universal detestation for Boobs might have caused her scenes to be trimmed significantly in recent episodes. The lack of Zoe and other extraneous characters in the last episode reminded me of what the show could be again, and the Joe and Jenny action made me very happy. Sometimes the writers do good, when they listen to what fans like, instead of following some invisible demographic.

The Ichabbie hint did not go unnoted, and was very welcome given the distinct coolness between them of late. I do agree that cancellation is probably in the offing, especially given the arrogance of Clifton Campbell and his absolute refusal to countenance romance between the leads.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:57 pm

I gave up on this show last fall and haven't watched since, but... I am having some feelings about things. And they are not good feelings.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:14 pm

I stopped this season maybe six or seven episodes ago, which is very unlike me, as I tend to stay with things to the bitter end. But I realised I was playing on my phone more than watching it, and decided to stop. And hadn't even thought about it since.

And then just now I read what happened on the finale and was like...woah!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:36 pm

I have ten episodes on the DVR. Which I may or may not ever watch. In cases such as this, I, for one, am happy to be spoiled. Very disappointing. Tragic, even.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:21 pm

I really recommend not watching those episodes, especially knowing how it ends. It's all just...pointless. I was barely watching anyway, fast-forwarding through a good third-to-half of each episode, but now I wish I hadn't even given them that. I'll delete the finale unwatched, and SH will be my benchmark for how badly and quickly TV shows can fall from grace. (Congrats, The 100, you're in second place for now.)
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:53 pm

I'd gotten behind by a bunch of episodes and had just gotten to the last 4, though like Gallifrey Girl, I was always doing something else while watching. I had no idea anything was up until I saw QueenSix's non-specific, upset post on FB. It really is astounding how this show went from being one of the freshest, craziest, greatest shows ever to...this. Assuming it even comes back, is Tom Mison trapped in some kind of long-term contract?
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:59 am

I can't bring myself to watch the episode. Anyone who reads this thread will know that I've fangirled this series and Ichabbie since the start. I've written fan fiction, people. My love for the show has slowly been chipped away since Season 2 by the bizarre and contemptuous way the network and various showrunners have treated the fans - not to mention cast members like Orlando Jones and Nicole Beharie. I held on because I loved Nikki and Tom and their beautiful chemistry, hoping against hope that an eventual Ichabbie acknowledgement at the very least would make it all worthwhile.

But now. This.

It's all been a delusion it seems. The changes made at the outset of this season were not an attempt to compensate for everything that went wrong last year. No, they were padding out the cast in preparation for an increasingly (and justifiably) unhappy Beharie's departure. The cluelessness involved is unfathomable, thinking that the fans - who have championed this hot mess of a show, who have defended it and promoted it to the hilt - would be interested in watching Sleepy Hollow without Abbie Mills.

I had hoped for Ichabbie, praying that finally we would hear Ichabod stating aloud that Abbie Mills indeed deserves better than how she - the hero of the show - has been treated. She was the reason I became invested in the show. A character with a painful past, with unresolved issues with her sister, overcoming her guilt and taking on the mantle of saving the world. Nicole Beharie's performance made Abbie something special. Her chemistry with Mison/Ichabod was just the icing on the cake. Now to see her cast off like some sidekick character is just the final straw. As much as I like Mison's performance, I have less than zero interest in seeing him partner with someone else. The idea sickens me, frankly.

Ichabod is nothing without Abbie. Time to bring an end to the sorry fable that is Sleepy Hollow.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:36 am

I haven't seen the episode, but I recommend you don't watch it, Grainne Mhaol. Let's all just pretend season one-- and maybe not the last five minutes of the finale-- was all there is. (Or maybe season two can stay, since it ended with the barriers to Ichabbie removed and any one of us could do a better job with it than the actual writers did.) I've been reviewing this thread and it's frustrating and kind of sad to watch its tone go from "Whee!" to "WTF?"

If Nicole Beharie wanted out-- and after what happened in season two (which I defended and sort of liked but hey, I know it was bad), who could blame her? then they should have looked at the terrible ratings and agreed that, with season four a remote possibility however you sliced it, season three should be the end no matter what. And then instead of trying to set the show up to limp along without its heart and soul like a zombie, they could have focused on the best asset they had, the interactions between the two leads, and done something memorable and fun.

There was a level of deliberately self-destructive stupidity and nastiness to this season that makes the fun of season one seem very remote.

Also, if you haven't seen 42, the Jackie Robinson biopic in which she played Rachel Robinson, do look it up. It's a small role but you can't take your eyes off her when she's onscreen.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Yeah, Coneycat. There's a lot to be regretted about this sorry mess but there are other great shows out there. Sleepy Hollow didn't deserve the great fans it had, didn't appreciate them, and now has lost them forever. C'est la vie.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:32 pm

naughty zoot wrote:I'd gotten behind by a bunch of episodes and had just gotten to the last 4, though like Gallifrey Girl, I was always doing something else while watching. I had no idea anything was up until I saw QueenSix's non-specific, upset post on FB. It really is astounding how this show went from being one of the freshest, craziest, greatest shows ever to...this. Assuming it even comes back, is Tom Mison trapped in some kind of long-term contract?

It was three in the morning and I was staying up reading - paid for that a few hours later, I will never learn - and whatever way I checked out twitter and saw the news and I was sooo MAD!! And I had nobody else to tell except you guys on FB because time difference, yay. Heh.
But really, it's complete bullshit that they'd make her position so untenable like that. It's insulting to her on a huge level as she was one of the two lead characters. The first season was all Abbie and Crane, dynamic duo. I hope somebody writes a tell all or blind items start hitting the internet because I would love to know what behind the scenes fuckery went on for it to come to this.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:33 am

(I seem to be pretty worked up over this considering I haven't watched the show since October.)

Lots of people are doing a much better job than I could at articulating why sidelining and then removing YET ANOTHER woman of colour in a TV show (and one who started out as the LEAD with the quirky time-traveling SIDEKICK, no less) so I'm just going to read those commentaries on whose stories get told and not try to add to them. I just feel the need to repeat-- okay, I get that Nicole apparently wanted off the show [and for good reason based on season two] so the character was going to go. I just can't get my head around the idea of the show trying to carry on without her. The interactions between Abbie and Ichabod were LITERALLY THE ONLY THING THE SHOW HAD GOING FOR IT anymore. I can't understand why they wasted that asset in season two and then spent most of season three trying to wean viewers off THE ONLY THING THE SHOW HAD GOING FOR IT.

Ahem. Stupid.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:19 pm

I hope the show tanks next season and releases poor Tom Mison from his contract.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:50 pm

I hope the show doesn't even get a 4th season. I watched this whole season. I feel like Tyra -- "We were all pulling for you. How dare you!"

It's just the worse. It's almost HIMYM levels of failure at the end. (Almost, not quite.)

It was bad enough that they killed Joe, and why did they have to do that? It made no sense. But to kill off Abbie? There is no show with Abigail Mills. There just isn't. Shipping aside, it's her and Ichabod together that make the show. To think that they can continue on without her is absurd. They should have found a way to make Nicole Beharie happy, or just called it quits.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:54 pm

My people!

I'm still pissed, three days later, and I didn't even watch the finale. Like many of you, I was several episodes behind (three in my case), saw Queen Six's Facebook post, then went and deleted the entire hot mess from my DVR. There is no show without Abbie, and this is coming from someone who would watch Tom Mison read the phone book. I will not watch Season Four, Sleepy Hollow (should there even be one).

This is even worse than the way Heroes crashed after the first season. And that is no small accomplishment.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:06 pm

Doubleposting, because television's "War on Women" continues: Castle dumps women.

I've been over that show for a while (the whole season is sitting, unwatched, on my DVR, and Nathan Fillion stopped being my television boyfriend years ago, but damn, show.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  jennlynnster Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:55 am

It's unfortunate really, because the past couple of years so many actresses have been saying that TV is the place to be if you want to work and be more than a supporting role of wife, mother, etc. on screen. It's really disheartening.

jennlynnster

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Just came across this interview with Tom Mison. He makes some very interesting, telling comments about the show and his character.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum