Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muppet Movies

+24
laurelin_kit
naughty zoot
dionneshea
Jessica
Nerg
Instant Monkeys
Siena
punzy
Crackie
ActonBell
Miss Moneypenny
inversed
tothemax
Shalamar
Luthien
rivki8699
Algae
jcpdiesel21
oxymoron
laddical
blixie
Esseilte
queenofdenile
Eris Rising
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Muppet Movies - Page 2 Empty Re: Muppet Movies

Post  ActonBell Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:59 am

Aw, I just got back from seeing The Muppets and I can't even describe the warm fuzzies this movie gave me. Go see it if you love muppets!
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Crackie Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:55 am

I was really nervous about this, but my stomach still hurts from laughing. It. Was. AWESOME!!

Crackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:59 pm

I've just come from seeing it, and it was a fun, funny, good movie that was made with care. If you ever watched the Muppets, if you have any affection for them at all, go see it. And bring tissues; you will need them. Trust me. In fact, if you've never watched the Muppets, go see it. I want this movie to make money, so that they'll make more. This movie is very much meant to bring the Muppets back into the public consciousness. The music was terrific: I loved the opening number, I'll be humming it for days. Probably when I wake up the mornings. Kermit`s new song made me cry.

I liked the new character of Walter. I was worried he'd feel intrusive, but he worked. In fact, his relationship with his brother Gary (that's Jason Segal) was very sweet, I thought. My sister thought the human characters had too much screen time, but I strongly disagree. This is a Muppets movie. It's pretty much equal with the screen time the human characters had in The Great Muppet Caper. I think the villain is a little weak; the movie really runs on the "getting the gang back together" concept. At times I forgot about Chris Cooper's villain, though he was good when he was there, mostly for his henchmen (Uncle Deadly and Bobo, for Muppet fans). A villain isn't always needed; there isn't one in Muppets Take Manhattan.

Spoiler:

Next time I houseclean, I`m putting We Built This City on the stereo full blast. Now if I only had an Eighties Robot to help me.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:06 pm

This may be the best movie I have ever seen! It was so good, aaahhh! I'm just going to be incoherent with happiness over here.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Siena Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:41 am

Just got back and adored it without hesitation. I laughed, I laughed harder, I may have leaked tears out of my face at various moments. I think the two human leads were perfect, too, and I really enjoyed how they used Walter to center the story.

Spoiler:

Siena

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:57 am

Because I am not a die-hard Muppet fan, I did not love this movie, but I liked it a LOT. I thought it was a ton of fun and couldn't help smiling throughout most of it. The human leads had just enough screentime and I loved how the story occasionally was self-referential and broke the fourth wall. The celebrity cameos were an absolute hoot. And Chris Cooper RAPPED!
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:59 pm

I loved it. I was a little nervous too, but I just smiled my head off from beginning to end. I had forgotten the guy from Flight of the Conchords directed it (and I only recently found out that Bret McKenzie wrote three songs for it). I never thought of FOTC and the Muppets as being kindred souls, but it really feels like they are (and not just because Jemaine has always reminded me of a Muppet). And I am eternally grateful to Jason Segel for getting behind this thing. It's clear that it was made with love, and by people who understand Muppety humor. I can't wait to see it again.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:02 pm

So wonderful! I laughed so hard and so often, and I teared up too. Not much more you can ask for, well except for
Spoiler:

My favorite parts were
Spoiler:
Hee. Weirdly I was feeling like someone from
Spoiler:

Oh and a funny story about that joke and the new generation of kids who are potential fans during the tense moment when
Spoiler:
Makes an unfortunate point, but also made me laugh pretty hard.

Why does no one care about Hobo Joe?!

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerg Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:40 pm

I went with some cousins (9 and 13), my 27-year-old brother, my mom, and my 85-year-old great aunt and every one of us loved it. I think I was smiling the whole time.

Spoiler:

Okay, I'm done gushing.

Nerg

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:49 pm

I went to my parents' this weekend and did laundry (I knooooowwwww, but my washing machine is in the basement and I live on the third floor and at my mom's house it's right off the kitchen and it's soooooo much easier). Today after seeing the Muppet movie, as I was arriving back at my house, I noticed a sock sticking out of my purse. It must have fallen out of my laundry bag. It wasn't just in my purse, it was all draping out of it -- I'm lucky it didn't fall out on the bus. It was almost like...it wanted to see the Muppets. It seems understandable a sock would be interested.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:45 am

The sock has dreams and aspirations! Don't keep it down, man.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:24 pm

It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. IT WAS BETTER!

YAAAAAAAAY! *Kermitflail*

I can't even fully describe how much JOY I felt during the whole thing. I teared up so many times. God bless Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller for bringing the gang back together.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:22 am

I got Plankton to watch The Muppet Christmas Carol this weekend. He liked it and is now ready to go see The Muppets. I am happy now.

And, it might just be me, but isn't The Muppet Christmas Carol the best version? I love it.
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:06 am

And, it might just be me, but isn't The Muppet Christmas Carol the best version? I love it. [/quote]

It's not just you.

My husband and I took my nieces and nephew (ages 7, 9 and 11) to see the Muppet Movie on Saturday. It was SO GOOD!! I loved all the little jokes, and even though the villain was kind of an afterthought, it was worth having him around solely for Chris Cooper's rap number. I was literally speechless when that happened. I loved all the songs - one of them had better get an Oscar nomination. I wasn't sure how the kids were enjoying it, especially the youngest. She was all fidgety and ended up sitting on my lap. But by the end, when
Spoiler:
, she shouted, all desperately, "Someone give them a dollar!!" There were a lot of kids in the theater (it was a Saturday matinee) so nobody minded.

Also, how cute was Jim Parsons??

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:14 pm

I loved all the songs - one of them had better get an Oscar nomination.

I'll give up on the Oscars (for the nth time) if "Life's a Happy Song" doesn't get nominated. I loved that whole number. And "Pictures in My Head" deserves one, too. But just imagine if Life's a Happy Song gets nominated: will we get to see Jason Segal, Amy Adams, Walter, and all of the Muppets sing it live on stage? Oh please, it would be so awesome. (Though his song's not likely to be nominated, Chris Cooper rapping at the Oscars would bring down the house).

she shouted, all desperately, "Someone give them a dollar!!"

Ah, to be young enough to get away with that. I wanted so badly to shout the same thing!

isn't The Muppet Christmas Carol the best version?

Yes it is. Period, full stop. And I'm saying that as someone who likes the Alistair Sim one. MCC has such a Dickensian feel while still being very Muppetish. That scene in the pawn shop where they sell Scrooge's belongings looks and sounds straight out of the book, and yet the pawnbroker is a spider! And yet they can still get away with Muppet fourth-wall jokes (eg. Gonzo interrupting Sam's declaration that business is the American way: *whisper whisper*--"Oh. It is the Britishway!") It has the best Christmas songs in it, too. "One More Sleep Till Christmas" and "It Feels Like Christmas" are perennial favourites at my house.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:45 am

I only recently found out that Bret McKenzie wrote three songs for it

Dude! I didn't know that, but during Man Or Muppet, I was like, "this is like a Flight of the Concords song." That explains a lot.

I loved it LOVED. IT. LOVED IT.
Spoiler:

Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:31 pm

Jessica wrote:
I only recently found out that Bret McKenzie wrote three songs for it
Dude! I didn't know that, but during Man Or Muppet, I was like, "this is like a Flight of the Concords song." That explains a lot.
I think that one was definitely the Conchordiest. Some of the lines in "Life's a Happy Song" have their specific kind of cheeky wordplay too (my favorite line is "Life is full of glee/With someone to saw and someone to see"). I think he was actually the music supervisor or something. Have you seen Bret and Kermit singing?

I loved it LOVED. IT. LOVED IT.
Spoiler:
I loved that SO SO MUCH. That, the
Spoiler:
which is some primo Muppety humor. The one where I CRIED cried was
Spoiler:
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:39 am

I saw it tonight and I loved everything that this movie chose to be. I laughed so hard, I cried more than once, and it just made me incredibly happy. I LOVE the Muppet world and I miss it so much. And I didn't realise how much until theme song started before the show and I just started crying. I didn't want the movie to end.

dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:16 pm

We finally saw it last night and it was so wonderful and charming and delightful. I loved the way they worked around Jason Segel's total lack of dancing ability. Seeing Pink's and the Egyptian and the Kodak and Grauman's Theaters were a kick for us, too, because those are some of our favorite places to visit whenever we're in LA. Gonna have to buy t when it comes out on DVD,
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

That's weird, because Jason Segel can totally dance.
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Kookla Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:12 pm

This made me so happy. If "Life is a Happy Song" doesn't win for Best Song, I'm boycotting the Oscars. I just loved how the songs were all actually good, in the spirit of the Muppets, and fit in really well with the movie.

my favorite line is "Life is full of glee/With someone to saw and someone to see"
Mine was the whole section ending with: "Life's a fillet of fish/*beat*... "Er, Yes it is!"

Also, I knew that they were going to
Spoiler:

Kookla

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:44 pm

The Muppets are communist! Or so says a crazy person on the TV. I'm assuming this show wasn't serious, but I don't really know.

Meanwhile, the movie's soundtrack is on near-constant rotation in my car stereo right now. I didn't know how much I needed a barbershop quartet version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" until I heard it. "Life's a Happy Song" cheered me up all last week after a string of bad days at work. I'm going to have to change the soundtrack for "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" soon, though. Man, I love that album. This is my favourite track. It's a great song, and Scooter sings it! I always liked Scooter.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:05 am

My wife and I sang along with "Rainbow Connection". The movie was practically begging us to do it.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:58 pm

There needs to be an interactive Muppet movie sing-along! Like the one I went to years ago for The Sound of Music (still one of the best evenings out I've ever had). With actions, and talking back to the screen, and singing at the top of your lungs. Like Rocky Horror, only wholesome. You could do it for pretty much any Muppet movie.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:55 pm

I took my son to see the Muppets for his very first movie theater experience (we even went to Cinerama for the full blown awesomeness of it all) and he loved it. I admit that I got all verklempt when they did the Muppet theme. I thoroughly enjoyed it.. maybe even more than my son.

Spoiler:
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next