Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead

+48
Fiammetta
Luciano
dday515
choubetcha
swsa
shanndee
Binky
Snarryfan
Shalamar
LadyGayle
BrightEyes
bbridges
CaroJC
chick binewski
salamandersam
dionneshea
violetq
QueenSix
Raised by wolves
Crackie
mandalaya
FiggyPudding
bookworm
The Dude
MaddyCat
jensa
Wildog27
josie
xyzzy
ActonBell
Matinee
spidey_88
CherryFlame
nikita
punkysdilemma
Bad Username
Cynara
gannetguts
truecrystal
biakbiak
themis
queenofdenile
RiverThames
MichiSichi
laddical
naughty zoot
sagitare
jcpdiesel21
52 posters

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 10 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post  RiverThames Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:28 pm

New Rule: When somebody starts getting some character depth, expect the headshot is coming.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:33 pm

And take a shot.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:43 am

So what happened to Cutty?
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:10 am

You mean Tyrese? [shame]I've never seen The Wire[/shame] He and his sister (?) and their somewhat weaselly and murderous friends weren't even in the episode. Too bad, as I am increasingly indifferent to the regulars. It's too bad, but I kinda want Rick to die. And Andrea.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 am

And you were so close to having that wish fulfilled, too. The Governor is dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. Element of surprise is his... and he wastes it on a headshot for Axel? They obviously knew where Rick was because Rick came under fire just seconds later. So why didn't they make *him* the opening target?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:54 am

Cutty is Tyrese? I knew the answer but I had no idea who you were talking about, ha. On Talking Dead, Robert Kirkman (the comic author) said they left the prison because A) they weren't allowed to join the group and B) who would after Rick's shitshow?

So why didn't they make *him* the opening target?
I can't remember how much interaction the Governor's had with Rick when they were saving Glenn and Maggie but it's makes sense that if you're trying to ambush the prison that you'd shoot at people inside the prison fence and not some random lurking in the woods. Like I said I can't remember if the Governor and Rick even met at Woodbury so they might not even recognized him or knew he was the leader. If they did meet, of course, my argument is completely invalid. And again some info from Talking Dead -- given the option of killing Rick or killing Michonne Kirkman made it very clear that the Governor would focus on Michonne. The other group is a threat but Michonne is personal.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:17 am

Yeah, I don't think R/G really saw each other in Woodbury and even if Andrea and Meryl talked about him, I doubt they drew a picture so the armed white dude (Andrea and Merle wouldn't know about Axel) inside would have made sense that he was Rick rather than some loon roaming randomly on the outskirts of the fences.

I knew Daryl and Meryl would save Rick but I also thought they did a good job of setting it up so that Meryl could willfully desert the group in the future and Daryl wouldn't care. Meryl will choose survival above all else even a pre-zombie apocalypse little brother but Daryl has decided family/community is his choice. I actual hope Meryl doesn't stay around for long-I just think he doesn't add much since T -dog is dead and Daryl made the decision that his brother is a douchebag in the woods.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:36 am

Raised by wolves wrote:Cutty is Tyrese? I knew the answer but I had no idea who you were talking about, ha.
Zombie apocalypse you would really hope for Omar on your side.
On Talking Dead, Robert Kirkman (the comic author) said they left the prison because A) they weren't allowed to join the group and B) who would after Rick's shitshow?
What was the point to that whole subplot then? Narrative cul-de-sac.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:53 am

I assume Tyrese and co. will be back eventually. But then, I assumed we'd meet up with the father and son from episode one again. I think they do in the books, but given how far we've deviated at this point, we may never see Tyrese again, either. This show has improved on the tension and zombie killing, but it still kind of sucks in terms of dramatic build-up and payoff.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:57 am

They do, in the books, but it's actually well after the Prison/Governor arc.

And, yeah, the Governor has no idea who Rick is, so him taking out Axel with his Free Shot makes as much sense as anything with the information he had.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm just watching In Cold Blood on TCM and who is playing opposite Robert Blake as the other killer but Herschel himself. The voice is the only thing even faintly recognizable.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Holy cow, really? I had no idea!
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Emily Kinney is 27. I would not have guessed that. Maybe the whole adults-as-teenagers thing in acting has become so endemic that I can't tell the difference anymore, but I really would not have guessed she was 27.

I assumed the Governor had seen Rick during the assault on Woodbury and thus would have chosen him as the first target.

Poor Andrea. I think she genuinely wants to find a path to peace, but Rick - with some justification - has become an intransigent asshat and Philip - without provocation - is a sadistic, murdering asshat.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:56 am

Wow, Emily is 27? There's an actress on The Following who is my age (37) and I guessed that she was 49 when my dad asked for a ballpark estimate. Hollywood messes with my judgment.

I'm glad Tyrese & co. didn't disappear for an extended period of time because that whole arc would have annoyed the shit out of me retroactively. I kind of like that Rick's crazy drove them to Woodbury.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:10 am

I really wouldn't have pegged Beth as a Tom Waits fan...

Oh, Man. Tom survived the Zombie Apocalypse, didn't he? He had to have.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:51 am

The zombies probably just assumed he was another one and left him alone! Don't worry!

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:09 am

Some episodes are a lot more like this Kids in the Hall sketch than others. I guess they really like making Laurie Holden run through woods.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:23 am

Bye Merle. Michael Rooker's such an underrated "Hey It's That Guy" - I'm sorry to see him go. Also Daryl crying!1!!
However, I really cannot buy that Rick would ever consider handing over Michonne, especially after she and Carl bonded. Furthermore, I really, really cannot buy that he or Merle thought that doing so would appease the Governor and keep him away from them. And why wouldn't Andrea at least try to take the truck?
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:44 am

I assume the Governor had the keys in his pocket.

I liked the second half of the episode way better than the first half. I was holding out hope that Rick was forming some kind of plan to attack the Governor and was just using the Michonne thing as a cover, but no. He was really going to give her to him; only the vision of his dead wife stopped him. Ugh, Rick. Put your thinking cap on. The Gov would NEVER leave you alone. Haven't you ever known any assholes before?

Norman Reedus' acting in the last scene was A+. Shades of when Carol smashed her abusive husband's zombie face with a shovel. "I hate you but love you and now you've gone and left me and I'm alone."

I can NOT figure out what Daryl says in the opening scene, right before Hershel says "No. No it isn't."
Anyone know?

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:54 pm

He said "That's not us." As in, we're not the type of people to give up one of our own to the Governor.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Merledemption! However tiny and short-lived. Loved it. Thank God Rick has decided that walking around looking and acting like mostly-crazy boiled shit isn't going to work out. I don't even care that Judgy Plaid Shirt Ghost Lori had to help him figure it out. Whatever works.

Come on, Glenn and Maggie! You only have to survive forty-two more minutes of screentime! You can do it!

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm

I am so nervous about the baby--particularly after reading about what happened in the comics.

I loved the first scene between Merle and Rick in the cell. Merle literally looked like the monster in the cage whose advice you need while simultaneously being scared shitless. The use of light and shadow combined with Rooker's performance was fantastic.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Wow, never thought I'd miss Merle, but yet here I am.

The close-up of the eyes of Walker Merle was such a great shot.

Poor Daryl. I want to hug him.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Well that was underwhelming. Nothing wrong with any of it in the particulars just... they probably could have kept the season to a 13 episode order instead of 16.

I'm sorry to lose Andrea, particularly as the whole "kill or die... die, then kill" philosophical argument seems to have heated up. Annoyed that she went out with such a whimper. Yeah, there was the bang of a gunshot, but it just seems like there could have been more there. In the end, after struggling back from the brink, she ends up committing suicide anyway after an off-screen fight with Milton of all people. Bleh. But even that might have felt more intense than it came off if the last three episodes hadn't been so slow.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  themis Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:19 pm

I agree, it was underwhelming - but I did like the Governor's spectacular implosion. And I thought Andrea's scenes were nicely tense, except for how I was really starting to hate her for, like, talking to Milton and talking and talking and talking, without immediately getting to work getting the pliers. I was like, HURRY UP, DUMBASS.

So Andrea finally died of stupid. And that's annoying, because why can't we have a smart female on the show? Really, after the world ends, we're supposed to believe that of all the women left, only one could have survived handily on her own by using her brainpan. Please, show, I need people I can root for, because Glenn, Darryl, and Michonne can't carry it on their own.

Also, why in the hell would all the townspeople move to the prison, I missed that part-?! Why not fortify the nice pretty town against the Governor. Or LEAVE THE STATE, Georgia obviously sucks for you guys.

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next