Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead

+48
Fiammetta
Luciano
dday515
choubetcha
swsa
shanndee
Binky
Snarryfan
Shalamar
LadyGayle
BrightEyes
bbridges
CaroJC
chick binewski
salamandersam
dionneshea
violetq
QueenSix
Raised by wolves
Crackie
mandalaya
FiggyPudding
bookworm
The Dude
MaddyCat
jensa
Wildog27
josie
xyzzy
ActonBell
Matinee
spidey_88
CherryFlame
nikita
punkysdilemma
Bad Username
Cynara
gannetguts
truecrystal
biakbiak
themis
queenofdenile
RiverThames
MichiSichi
laddical
naughty zoot
sagitare
jcpdiesel21
52 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 11 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post  biakbiak Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:08 am

Nearly all of the people who moved into the prison were elderly or children, most of the people who could defend the town (which it needed more than the prison) were shot by the Governor.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Or LEAVE THE STATE, Georgia obviously sucks for you guys.

I think it was Norman Reedus in the last Talking Dead who related a story about Andy jumping off a tank in the first episode and being told by Frank Darabont to twist his ankle on the landing "because that's who Rick is." So basically... Rick needs to just stop doing stuff, since nothing he does will ever work right.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 pm

laddical wrote:
Or LEAVE THE STATE, Georgia obviously sucks for you guys.

I think it was Norman Reedus in the last Talking Dead who related a story about Andy jumping off a tank in the first episode and being told by Frank Darabont to twist his ankle on the landing "because that's who Rick is." So basically... Rick needs to just stop doing stuff, since nothing he does will ever work right.

I think they should head to Jekyll or St. Simon. Water is your friend!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:38 pm

My two thoughts on the finale:

Andrea's stupidity finally killed her. Bye.

Rick/Michonne needs to happen. Even Norman Reedus mentioned it on Talking Dead, and I talked about it with a few people on Twitter, so basically it's happening even if only in my mind.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 am

I was pretty underwhelmed by the finale, but upon thinking about it I got pissed at what they did with Andrea's character. I wanted her to survive just so next season she could be a little more kickass as she is in the comics. I read an interview with Kirkman in which the interviewer called him out a little on the problems with women the show has (at least mentioning it). Of course, Kirkman denied the show has any problems with writing female characters. But I think that the past three seasons of the show and in particular this last one has proven the opposite is true.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:35 am

salamandersam wrote:I was pretty underwhelmed by the finale, but upon thinking about it I got pissed at what they did with Andrea's character. I wanted her to survive just so next season she could be a little more kickass as she is in the comics. I read an interview with Kirkman in which the interviewer called him out a little on the problems with women the show has (at least mentioning it). Of course, Kirkman denied the show has any problems with writing female characters. But I think that the past three seasons of the show and in particular this last one has proven the opposite is true.

I was imagining how pissed the actress must have been if she had been expecting a character like book-Andrea. In the book, she's one of my favourites, but show-Andrea was just a huge drag.

I'll give the show points on the improvement of Carol. I would suggest they have a writing character problem period - most of the time they write behaviour that serves the plot, regardless of whether it makes sense character-wise.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:47 am

Matinee wrote:
salamandersam wrote:I was pretty underwhelmed by the finale, but upon thinking about it I got pissed at what they did with Andrea's character. I wanted her to survive just so next season she could be a little more kickass as she is in the comics. I read an interview with Kirkman in which the interviewer called him out a little on the problems with women the show has (at least mentioning it). Of course, Kirkman denied the show has any problems with writing female characters. But I think that the past three seasons of the show and in particular this last one has proven the opposite is true.

I was imagining how pissed the actress must have been if she had been expecting a character like book-Andrea. In the book, she's one of my favourites, but show-Andrea was just a huge drag.

I'll give the show points on the improvement of Carol. I would suggest they have a writing character problem period - most of the time they write behaviour that serves the plot, regardless of whether it makes sense character-wise.

Agreed, I think there are problems with most of the characterization on the show but I do think it's more prevalent with some of the female characters. And I went from disliking Carol to having her be one of my favorite characters. Since Scott Gimple has written some of my favorite episodes, and I heard he tried to fix the finale with reshoots, I'm hoping next season some of these problems will be resolved. Starting with them figuring out an arc to the season and to the characters without so many filler episodes.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:50 pm

LAME. That finale was so damn LAME. We waited all season for a Governor-Prison confrontation and got...that? The hell?

And he gets to live so we can what? Do it all over again next season? LAME.

The only good thing was Andrea biting it. I just wish we didn't have to spend so much time on it. Pick up the pliers, you idiot, and quit babbling.

I think this season was rendered pointless by that sub-par finale. I am bummed.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:51 pm

And that's why you don't fire your showrunner before the season is wrapped. :P
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 pm

PREACH.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:44 pm

AMEN.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Matinee wrote:

I've read a few interviews of Laurie Holden regarding the finale, and she made some comments about being glad they did reshoots, because the re-written scene was more true to the comic book Andrea. I think the first time around, Andrea was really passive and didn't get to try to save herself, and in the re-write, she actually tried (albeit REALLY slowly) to get free.

This video shows an interesting mix of shots from the first scene and the reshoot. The shots that show Dallas Roberts with glasses on and Laurie Holden with a chain around her neck are from the first scene and the others are from the reshoot.

I totally agree with your comments about Carol. I took a quiz to tell me what character I was most like between seasons 2 and 3 and I was CHAGRINED to find out it was Carol, but now she's awesome!

My wishes for season 4:
Kill the Gov.
Keep Carol and Michonne awesome.
Don't turn Daryl into the Spike of this show.
Let Carl find a friend from the Woodbury group and not have him turn quite so Shane-like.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:25 pm

I think it was on AVClub that they commented since Carol is no longer defined by the single description, "mother", the writers figured they could actually make her a character.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:22 am

Isn't Herschel a veterinarian?
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:03 am

He was, yes.

The kid who played Patrick is the voice of Phineas. Ferb, I know who we're gonna eat today! Hey, where's BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINS!?

I like this new showrunner. He's funny and verbose on "Talking Dead" and he looks vaguely Alan Tudyk like, which was great sitting next to Nathan Fillion. I hope he's able to keep up the quality of this episode - I thought it was one of the strongest of the series.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:51 am

Overall, kind of a weird episode. It rehashed a lot of stuff they've already covered. Herschel and his family already did the zombie family keeping thing. So did the Governor. And Michonne, kinda. The doctor working for the Governor did experiments to figure out if any vestiges of humanity remained in the re-animated flesh and the results were pretty compelling. I'm not sure why we're going back to this well. Zombies aren't people, yo.

I was sort of confused about why we weren't calling the vet to check on the sick pig, but whatever. The "take your gun" discussion could have been done over Violet rather than shoehorned into a lesson in plant rooting, plus it could have been an opportunity to demonstrate something interesting about Rick's character. And shouldn't we take care of our food until we eat it? Letting it suffer and wallow seems a bit off, and this would have been a chance to create more compelling parallels between zombie husband woman and the sick Violet. Basically, Rick left three "animals" to suffer and die in this episode: Violet, zombie husband woman, and the boar. Why?

Whatsherface's reaction to the death of her boytoy was really strange. The not crying I kind of get; updating the "x days without workplace accident" sign was more troubling. But darkly comedic.

My favorite part of the whole episode was Carol putting away the story book to bring out the knives. I'm curious about the "don't tell your father" thing. Are we still trying to raise innocent children or something? I mean, we live in a world where one of the daily chores involves putting on a butcher's apron and jabbing revenants through their eyeballs with pointy things. I think we're beyond story hour.

I'm still shipping Carol and Daryl. And I'm shipping Michonne and Rick.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:20 pm

I imagine there's a frame of mind that people want to return to things being as normal as possible, and that includes, "let kids be kids". Carol knows better, thanks to Sophia, but she also knows to keep it quiet.

RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Maybe next week they'll remember Herschel is a vet.

Overall, I liked it. I hope the season doesn't spend too much time sending Rick off on his lonesome. Creepy forest lady was not as enjoyable as him interacting with the group.

Eye-bleedy zombies are incredibly gross, but well done makeup/CGI.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:43 pm

I'm looking forward to zombie pigs.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:31 am

They finally did the thing I've been yelling at the TV for them to do for ages -- have people stand by the fence and pick off zombies one by one on a regular basis.  Though it will be interesting if that turns out to be related to zombie virus badness.  (As opposed to shaking hands with Daryl after he licks his fingers.)
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:32 am

Michael Cudlitz is joining the cast!
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:16 am

Cool! My only problem with zombie animals is that it reminds me too much of the resident evil films
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:08 pm

I don't know if the eye-bleeding disease is zombie-related or just another outbreak that's going to infect them.

I like that Rick was trying to be a back to nature guy, but I'm sure his encounter with Crazy Clara put a stop to that. PS - Where did he get an iPod charger? Unless that was a Walkman that runs on batteries or something.

Oh, Beth. Are you going to be the sociopath now, instead of Carl? Not even a frown for your dead boyfriend?

Carol continues to kick ass and take names. I love her.

With DVR, the season premiere got 20.2 million viewers. SHIT.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:17 pm

I was sure it was batteries - I am pretty sure zombies don't know how to run power plants
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:30 am

All that potential bacon wasted.

There's a psychopath inside the prison. Of course there is.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next