Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead

+48
Fiammetta
Luciano
dday515
choubetcha
swsa
shanndee
Binky
Snarryfan
Shalamar
LadyGayle
BrightEyes
bbridges
CaroJC
chick binewski
salamandersam
dionneshea
violetq
QueenSix
Raised by wolves
Crackie
mandalaya
FiggyPudding
bookworm
The Dude
MaddyCat
jensa
Wildog27
josie
xyzzy
ActonBell
Matinee
spidey_88
CherryFlame
nikita
punkysdilemma
Bad Username
Cynara
gannetguts
truecrystal
biakbiak
themis
queenofdenile
RiverThames
MichiSichi
laddical
naughty zoot
sagitare
jcpdiesel21
52 posters

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 20 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post  biakbiak Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:21 pm

That would mean that she had thought that far ahead to predict Daryl killing Dawn and that's a stretch I just can't make. The confusion of the scene and the ambiguity of Beth's intentions really derailed the impact of her death for me.

Beth knowing that if she died both Daryl and Rick would kill Dawn isn't a stretch for me at all! I don't actually think she thought that far ahead but she knows them well enough to know that they would avenge her if something happened. I assume she was trying to go for the jugular and just missed. I think the main problem with that scene was how it was directed, you could barely even see the scissors and it was so far from the jugular it just looked ridiculous.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:42 pm

[But] they were all about Dawn and her confusing, vacillating objectives.
This. Not once this season have I understood anything about Dawn. She killed Hanson because he "lost the way" but with no context it didn't show whether she was good, evil, misguided, or power hungry. IDK if she made the situation better or worse for being in charge. And then Beth's comment to Dawn that no one was going to rescue them and this was the new normal completely confused me. I never got the impression that they were waiting for a rescue at all.

Furthermore the hospital set up was stupid. Kidnapping people and making them indentured servants who were told they should be grateful isn't a sustainable model for any length of time. The more I think about it, the stupider it gets.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:11 pm

I agree about the hospital set up, but so many of the choices being made on this show don't make sense. I never understood how a large-scale cannibalism operation was any kind of sensible idea.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:26 am

Ok so I rewatched and how come no one mentioned the after the credits scene aaaahhhhaahahha
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:26 am

What the fuck was that?

Also, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, WALKING DEAD WRITERS? What, you get Noah, so time to kill off Tyreese? REALLY?

God, poor Sasha. First Bob, and now Ty. And she also didn't get to say goodbye to her brother.

The hallucinations were a little weird. It was good to see the girls and the Governor and Bob and Beth, even as hallucinations. And I liked Andrew Lincoln's voice-over on the radio.

But Tyreese dying? That was some bullshit. Especially so close to Beth dying. And I do like the fissures developing in the group.

I really enjoyed the artistry of the episode. Hated the actual story.

dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:15 am

For some reason I totally thought Sasha died when the cop escaped in the hospital raid at the end of last season and so I was confused why her ghost wasn't there and I thought that meant Tyrese would survive.

I did want to slap the shit out of Rick when he was like well "Noah says there is a safe place we should go there" um dude Noah has been in Atlanta for over a year and a half there is no way in hell that place is going to be alive. I will pretend that Rick just wanted Noah to get closure but that was not how Rick played it. I mean Michonne did a similar thing with going to DC but given security and forces at least it makes more sense that something might still be there than some random gated community near Richmond. Also, Rick and Michonne forever.

I will say the thing that totally took me out of the ep is Glenn going with Rick's group without Maggie given she just saw the sister she thought was dead die when there is Carol, Darryl and Cudlitz character who could have gone.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:15 am

I also loved Andrew on the radio .... And the episode was wonderfully directed but could they not have killed Noah instead or a newer character?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:35 am

truecrystal wrote:Catching up on the last 3 episodes for tonight's mid-season finale, something hit me: I ship Rick & Michonne. WTH? How in the world did this happen?

I commandeered my mother's tv during the marathon this weekend. She saw ONE scene of Rick/Michonne and was all, "So, they're a couple?" Someday, hopefully.

I kind of hated this episode. Maybe it was because I binge watched all weekend so the jump from Beth's death to Tyrese's just felt WAY too soon. I don't know. But this just felt like a terrible premiere episode. Nothing much happened other than the type of mundane death it feels like Tyrese probably escapes on a semi-weekly basis. I like the idea of how he passed, with the van ride and the visions, but I think it would've been more effective a few episodes down the line, once we were back and full entrenched with these characters.

I did want to slap the shit out of Rick when he was like well "Noah says there is a safe place we should go there" um dude Noah has been in Atlanta for over a year and a half there is no way in hell that place is going to be alive. I will pretend that Rick just wanted Noah to get closure but that was not how Rick played it.

I did think the show made it pretty obvious this was just about the gang needing SOMETHING to strive towards. I found the randomness of it to be a little hard to buy, since basically it didn't seem like Richmond was any different than any other city that might still have some safe harbors. But I went along with it since I think the survivors just need to feel they have a goal they can actually meet.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Can anyone tell me why Tyrese was staring with what looked like horror at that photograph of the twin boys? Didn't Noah say that he had twin brothers?
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:57 pm

I assume he was just thinking about the happy lives those boys led, compared to what was going on now (the dead twin on the bed); maybe he was thinking about his own childhood as well.

I loved the episode. I didn't realize that it was Andrew Lincoln on the radio, I'll have to go back and listen to it. I like that we're seeing cracks in the stalwart members of the group (Michonne and Glenn). No one can be strong and composed all the time, it's not possible. The group needs a goal to work toward and finding civilization is good for them, but not good for the show. I'll always be suspicious of any community they find, because good television = our characters struggling.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:29 am

I don't understand those that complain that the show is boring/slow ( on the FB page of the show for example) whenever I watch I really do think what it really would be like , how humans would react and interact and yes not everyone survives, I think it us portrayed wonderfully and I enjoy watching it because of that
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 am

I find it amusing that so many people are angry at the kiss....I mean a) its in the comics and b) so many things happen on this show and that is not moral :) anyway enjoying the talk backs
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:49 pm

MichiSichi wrote:I find it amusing that so many people are angry at the kiss....I mean a) its in the comics and b) so many things happen on this show and that is not moral :) anyway enjoying the talk backs
I legit could not figure out what you were talking about for like five minutes. I kept thinking, 'Did Rick and Michonne kiss, and I just somehow missed it? Surely I wouldn't miss that.' But Aaron and Eric's kiss was just such a non-newsworthy kiss. They're a couple, they kissed, what's the big deal? I haven't seen any outrage, but then, I wouldn't even know where to look for it. I will say this. I imagine that a large portion of TWD's viewership is conservative. I think that because it's not something that touches a lot on social issues, one of its male leads is a redneck, and it's a story that anyone can get invested in.

I've liked the last couple of weeks. I thought last week's episode was strong. I loved this week's because once again it focused on my three favourite characters (Rick, Michonne, and Glenn) and how they're all changing within this horrific journey. I liked Aaron, but I get where Rick's coming from. I also don't get why Aaron wouldn't just eat the fucking applesauce. He was coming off hella suspicious with that. Look, I hate mushrooms more than anything edible on this planet. They're gross, they smell weird, they're all slimy, ew. But if I was in that same situation, you best believe I would just take the mouthful of mushroom and eat it rather than belabour the point for five minutes.

Hopefully Alexandria turns out to be a good place. Hopefully that means we'll see Rick's face again and maybe even Daryl's eyes.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:42 am

Totally agree about applesauce I mean it's your life...well if Alexandria is like the books it should be fine.
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:10 am

Has there ever been anything hotter than Glenn Rhee knocking that douche on his ass? (The answer is no, there hasn't.)

Also, I loved Michonne checking Rick out after he had finally removed that raccoon that had been living on his face. I was surprised that she didn't actually say, "How YOU doin?" My God, I had forgotten how handsome Andy Lincoln is. When's the last time we saw Rick without the fuzz? Season 1?

Gotta love Carol playing the weak, wilting flower, but, I don't know how smart it was. They've been watching the group. Aaron said as much. Surely he would have noticed that she is anything but defenseless. So, now she just comes off as completely untrustworthy. Also, I have to agree with Daryl - that cardigan was not good.

Poor Daryl. I haven't seen him look so much like a caged animal since he got stuck in Woodbury's fight club. And I get that he's completely heartbroken and distrustful of the new place and at sea with all the changes because he doesn't fit in at all, but I really wish he would just take a shower. To quote my mother (though she was talking about Season 4 Daryl), "I can smell him from here."

I'm not sure what to think about Deanna. Unlike the Governor or Gareth, she didn't immediately give me the heebiejeebies, but maybe that just makes her the most dangerous of all. Or maybe I'm just becoming as paranoid as Rick.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:11 am

Best line ever " we brought dinner" hee hee that first scene when they were told to let go of their weapons was reminiscent of terminus
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:23 am

dionneshea wrote:Has there ever been anything hotter than Glenn Rhee knocking that douche on his ass? (The answer is no, there hasn't.)

Also, I loved Michonne checking Rick out after he had finally removed that raccoon that had been living on his face. I was surprised that she didn't actually say, "How YOU doin?" My God, I had forgotten how handsome Andy Lincoln is. When's the last time we saw Rick without the fuzz? Season 1?

Gotta love Carol playing the weak, wilting flower, but, I don't know how smart it was. They've been watching the group. Aaron said as much. Surely he would have noticed that she is anything but defenseless. So, now she just comes off as completely untrustworthy. Also, I have to agree with Daryl - that cardigan was not good.

Poor Daryl. I haven't seen him look so much like a caged animal since he got stuck in Woodbury's fight club. And I get that he's completely heartbroken and distrustful of the new place and at sea with all the changes because he doesn't fit in at all, but I really wish he would just take a shower. To quote my mother (though she was talking about Season 4 Daryl), "I can smell him from here."

It looked like Maggie agreed with you. Her smile after Deanna settled the situation said she's going to be looking for some alone with with Glenn.

It was really disconcerting to see Rick shaved and in uniform. I almost laughed because it made me think of Rick back then (who said eulogies for walkers) and now (when he's willing to take over this community by force).

I thought the same re: Aaron watching the group/Carol. He must be of some importance if Deanna is willing to trust him with that job, so he could tell her if he thinks Carol is bullshitting her, which spells disaster. Her Junior League outfit, combined with Daryl's "You look RIDICULOUS" made me so happy.

I'm glad CARL is around kids his own age, but it must be so bizarre to play video games after all this time. He still hasn't learned to stay in the house.

How many people actually live here? Because that is the shittiest "supply run team" ever. That's Eugene-level dumbassery when it comes to dealing with walkers.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:37 pm

How many people actually live here? Because that is the shittiest "supply run team" ever. That's Eugene-level dumbassery when it comes to dealing with walkers.
But that was kind of the point, no? Douchey McMomsInCharge thinks walkers are toys and this is all just a game. It's no surprise they have no skill at supply runs because they have no concept of the New World Order. They've been sheltered from it all the whole time.

I'm really surprised Talking Dead didn't focus on Daryl and why he's so upset. He was a low-life biker/drifter pre-Zombies. Everyone else may not trust or has to get used to going back to civilized society but Daryl was never part of it to begin with. He's lost and freaking out about it.

And also IRT Talking Dead can you please, please never bring back Tara. This is the second time I've seen her and both times she wouldn't shut the fuck up and let anyone else speak. She annoys me to no end.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:11 pm

I proved I am a Law and Order dork last night when I saw Deanna and went "oh hey Danielle Melnick!"

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Raised by wolves wrote:
But that was kind of the point, no?  Douchey McMomsInCharge thinks walkers are toys and this is all just a game.  It's no surprise they have no skill at supply runs because they have no concept of the New World Order.  They've been sheltered from it all the whole time.

But they have to be getting food and medical supplies from somewhere. They told Glenn and co. that they cleared a half-circle around the town, 53 miles out. How the hell did those clowns do that? If if they didn't, then where is all their food coming from?

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:25 pm

But they have to be getting food and medical supplies from somewhere. They told Glenn and co. that they cleared a half-circle around the town, 53 miles out. How the hell did those clowns do that? If if they didn't, then where is all their food coming from?
All of this is my interpretation but their society seems pretty self-contained.  I assumed they were growing most of their food and only went out for meds and stuff they could scrounge.  I don't think they have to do runs as much as say, the group did when they were at the farm.

Regular or not, they are obviously shit at supply runs.  They lost 4 people in the last one.  IDK how big their group is but that's a lot of attrition in one go and since they're looking to boost their population, that's probably not the first one that went bad.  Also, losing four regular supply people meant the new supply runners are more inexperienced and less experienced people are in charge.  Aiden was in charge of a group, and we were clearly shown he shouldn't be.

As for the 53 miles, I interpreted it as unimpressive and laughable.  Rick's group fought a war, got captured by cannibals, and walked from Atlanta.  Clearing 53 miles (in two years!) is another way of pointing out how inept this group is.

Last edited by Raised by wolves on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:32 pm

BrightEyes wrote:
Raised by wolves wrote:
But that was kind of the point, no?  Douchey McMomsInCharge thinks walkers are toys and this is all just a game.  It's no surprise they have no skill at supply runs because they have no concept of the New World Order.  They've been sheltered from it all the whole time.  

Well, Deanna did say the area had been "evacuated," (to where, I wonder) so it's possible there were simply fewer walkers in the area to deal with. It does seem like the group, watching Rick's group as they may have been, are incompetent little lord Fauntleroys. I mean, imagine if they'd run into the Governor. Just eavesdropping on him wouldn't have shown them the psycho.

I love Carol playing possum. Even if they overheard a little, they don't know about "look at the flowers" or the single-handedly destroying Terminus. Although, she does have the biggest, baddest gun. That should be a clue.

Echoing Michonne's hubba-hubba at shaven Rick. Yeah, Andrew Lincoln is a freaking gorgeous man. Now if only Daryl would bathe.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:18 am

I really wish Carl had been one of the people who took down those two bozos just to illustrate that even a teenage boy is more badass than either of them.

I also liked that Rick didn't even question where/how/why Carl appeared whereas in early season he probably would have taken a break to bitch him out for leaving safety.

Maggie barely appeared and literally didn't speak and I had to google to make sure I hadn't forgotten that Gabriel died last episode but apparently he was in the background of the scene where they were handing in weapons.

I imagine both Andrew and especially Andrew's wife really loved the fact that he got to shave off that ridiculous beard. Apparently, Norman asked to have it so the beard is chilling in his fridge. I like to imagine he is just collecting all of Andrew's facial hair and at the series wrap party going to present him with a vest made out of it.

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:23 am

I wonder if they're setting up next season, or even the end of this season, to be Rick and Carol (and maybe Sasha) vs. Daryl, Michonne and Glenn. Rick and Carol are being hella shifty, and though they're giving the appearance of fitting in, they're already starting to unravel. Rick needs to calm the eff down. Yes, Jessie's husband is obviously not what he seems, but Rick going for his gun with that smile at the end was just creepy.

And Carol. Good lord. I still don't buy that they don't already know exactly who she is and that her ruse is just going to blow up in her face. It doesn't matter that they don't know about Terminus or the girls, you can't tell me that you don't watch the group for even a couple of days (which is the minimum that Aaron and Eric would have been watching them) and not be able to tell how capable a person Carol is. Not just at taking out walkers, which I'm sure they must've seen at some point, but at being someone within the group whose word has weight. And when she started threatening Jessie's son, all I could think was that she's giving him so much stress and anxiety, of course his mother is going to clue into that, and of course she'll eventually find out why, and then the jig is up. And Carol should know that. She's a mother. It seems dumb and Carol is anything but dumb.

So, the only thing that makes sense to me is if the loss of their humanity leads to at least one of their deaths. Not even necessarily this season, but if the end of the season ends with the people who are all for just taking over the community (Rick and Carol obviously, but also possibly Sasha, Noah, and Abraham) being challenged by the ones who want to make it into a home (Michonne and Glenn leading the charge, but I think Daryl would come down on their side, as would Maggie and Tara, possibly Carl). Having the real danger not be the walkers, or the new people they've encountered, but themselves. However, I could be giving too much credit to the writers. I think this half of the season has been better paced and much more interesting, but I still think the first half of the season was, aside from the premiere, just terrible.

On a lighter note, the storyline with Daryl and Aaron was just delightful, aside from the horrible horsey death. That was terribly sad. But I'm inclined to really like Aaron, and I love that he's giving Daryl a purpose. Daryl needs a purpose badly. And someone believing in him. So, it's nice that he's getting that. Now if only someone could teach him some table manners...
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:17 am

I hope your take is wrong I would hate there to be a split in the group again, then again Negan is coming so I hope that's the storyline that will unite them again.

ETA to change my horrid grammar and spelling

Last edited by MichiSichi on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next