Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 7 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  Bad Username Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm excited about Grimm starting soon too! Covert Affairs is the one with Piper Perabo, isn't it? I might give it a look.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Yup, Piper Perabo is in Covert Affairs. I never really cared about her either way until I saw this. She's very likable! Plus, it has bonus Christopher Gorham hotness and Kari Matchett awesomeness!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:43 am

I love Grimm! I didn't think anyone else watched it!

I would like to submit Burn Notice, both for the awesome homemade spy tips, and the unexplainable hotness of Jeffery Donovan. Also Bruce Campbell.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 7 Empty that show..

Post  slowmotion Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:37 pm

I find this show very annoying, I don't like the characters and Chris Gorham is ugly! Don't watch if you ask me. Not at all like white collar <3

slowmotion

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:11 pm

I've started watching Justified. I'm about halfway through the first season and am loving it. Timothy Olyphant is so watchable, and I really like most of the supporting characters. The only one I'm not in love with is Ava, which is kind of sad, because you gotta love a girl who shoots her husband.

I'm also completely addicted to all of Mike Holmes's shows. Do you have Mike Holmes in the US? It's all reno shows and it's awesome. Though it does make me wonder if my suite is about to collapse in on me.

Oh, and it was a bit back, but I've seen the first three seasons of The Wire and the second was my favorite of the three. I think there are episodes in the first that are pretty close to being perfect, but I love the second season arc the most.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:29 pm

dionneshea wrote:
Oh, and it was a bit back, but I've seen the first three seasons of The Wire and the second was my favorite of the three. I think there are episodes in the first that are pretty close to being perfect, but I love the second season arc the most.
It was my favorite too. I know it was an interum in the Barksdale arc, but it was like and extra great plotline.

Burn Notice Season 5 everyone is looking a bit orange.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:12 am

Unlucky Bear wrote:I would like to submit Burn Notice, both for the awesome homemade spy tips, and the unexplainable hotness of Jeffery Donovan. Also Bruce Campbell.
This past season, Jesse's been competing with Bruce Campbell for "most awesome character." He's just so game and always ready to roll when things go wrong--I love how much fun he has playing douchebags during missions.

I also love that the show is willing to make frequent nods to the Sharpest Chin In Showbusiness.

Last edited by Poubelle on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:06 am

I was surprised by how very much I love Jesse. When he was first added to the show, I was not happy at all because I didn't want anything to screw up the chemistry between the characters we already had. But he fit right in and he's delightful. So much love!

Oh, and another recommendation: Misfits! It's a British show about a group of young people doing community service who get caught in a freak storm which gives them superpowers which they then use to fuck up their lives in new and interesting ways! The whole series is up on Hulu
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:09 am

Hey! I just started watching Misfits last night. Watched the first three eps in one sitting. I don't know what took me so long, it's so good. And sooooo much more raunchy than I expected. I was delighted. What a spectacular casting job they did with those young actors, wow.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:01 pm

I used to hate Alisha in S1 because of how she used her power (I found it disgusting), but the writers actually managed to make her evolve in S2. I still haven't seen S3.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiammetta Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:05 am

Misfits is quite fun. Although I thought it suffered quite a bit Robert Sheehan left; I gave up on it after that.

Also, (Game of Thrones casting spoiler that you may already know about)
Spoiler:

Fiammetta

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 am

Raksha wrote:Yup, Piper Perabo is in Covert Affairs. I never really cared about her either way until I saw this. She's very likable! Plus, it has bonus Christopher Gorham hotness and Kari Matchett awesomeness!

Thank you Raksha!

I am absolutely loving season 2 of The Wire. Now that I've wrapped my head around David Simon's complete lack of exposition it's almost like the show has unlocked for me and I've sunk into the show's layers of narrative. I think that might be a mixed metaphor, but I hope it explains how I feel.

I love Omar, and thank you Jebus for Idris Elba.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:51 am

I had given up on Bridezillas a while ago, but I am currently SO INVESTED in this couple that's airing, Tasha and Jeff (I think his name is). She clearly cannot stand him, and I am dying to know what the hell the back story is there. Was it a church match? She's 20something and he's 40something, and they aren't sleeping together yet. She can't even kiss him without looking like she wants to vomit! Are they fake getting married for tv? But if that's the case, wouldn't you pick someone you weren't so visibly repulsed by?
They've been on two episodes so far, and the show is stretching it to a third. I just want them to stop showing other couples and spend more time interviewing their friends/family, because I just cannot understand this at all.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:17 pm

OMG yes, what is the deal with Tasha and Jeff. Her freakout over anything sexual, with Jeff, with the stripper, with her mother sitting right there and telling her what a 69 was (btw? EWWWW). Plus coloring his hair so he'd look like Clay Aiken because Clay Aiken is so sexy?

I think she and Jeff met online and she is set on having babies by the time she's 30 so she's locked in on him. But I don't know why. She doesn't like him, it seems like she's trying to get him to call off the wedding. I wonder who called Bridezillas, him or her.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:54 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:I used to hate Alisha in S1 because of how she used her power (I found it disgusting), but the writers actually managed to make her evolve in S2. I still haven't seen S3.

I didn't dislike S3, though I know many did-- but it's definitely problematic. It's not necessarily the lack of Nathan, though it doesn't help. Really, the big problem for me was, with the exception of Curtis, no one's powers really mattered. Simon and Alisha's powers are just kind of there. Kelly's (being a fuckin' rocket scientist) makes for some clever moments, but doesn't have impact. In the end, the most dynamic character of the third season is the power broker guy, as he's the one character whose power, and his use of it, drives the season.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Intervention is back and just as horrifying as ever. Last night's (I only watched the first one) was HEARTBREAKING. A 25-year-old woman who could not go more than a couple of hours without a drink, and who spent much of the episode completely incomprehensible, half-asleep, or staggering around. Triggered at least partly by the fact that her boyfriend of five years, who was living with her and her mother and sister, dumped her for her sister. And they are still together. God that sucks. Meanwhile her mother WON'T LET IT GO and makes everything a million times worse. I so hope that poor girl makes it.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:16 am

I've been watching Burn Notice and wishing that Jeff D. was playing Nate Ford (Timothy Hutton) on Leverage. I love Leverage, but I have a hard time believing that *anyone* would believe his cons because he's a terrible actor. He plays the part itself well, but his "con voice/face" is just so smarmy and campy.

I hate Fiona. She's the color of baked leather, weighs 11lbs., wears clothing that's way too skimpy, and I can't stand her acting.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 am

I'm a bit late to the party, but I've been watching New Girl and am almost through season 1. I thought I would find Zooey Deschanel annoying after a while, but I find her totally charming. I think it's also that the writers focus on the three roommates as well. The scene where the three guys are wearing the roller skates Jess bought them is hilarious, and Winston cracks my shit up. When he couldn't pronounce 'charcuterie' I couldn't stop giggling.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:15 pm

New Girl got so much better as the year went on that now I'm really excited for it to come back.

This summer I watched this Canadian show Continuum, which was a time travel show. It was really interesting and managed to actually do some interesting things with time travel.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:34 pm

I've been enjoying Continuum too! I'm behind in watching (I mostly blame the Olympics!), and still have the final two episodes on my DVR. I hope it gets brought back for another season. I know that io9 were really enthusiastic about it - hopefully it gets a US airing somewhere.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:41 am

I watched Copper, the new BBC America series and I'm ambivalent. They seem to have gotten most of the historical stuff right but it was surprisingly unengaging considering it comes from the people gave us Homicide. I hope it picks up over the next couple of episodes.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 am

I thought Copper was *really* rough, but I kind of liked it anyway. I liked the lead and Franka Potente, and I certainly trust Levinson-Fontana to work out the kinks, so I'll probably give it a five episodes instead of my usual three. Unfortunately one of the glaring issues is the set which really really *feels* like a set.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:52 am

I am currently addicted to Lark Rise to Candleford, which is free on Amazon Prime right now. It's a nice way to keep occupied until Downton Abbey comes back on.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:12 pm

I thought Copper was OK as well. I liked the lead but I can't tell any of the guys apart except for their facial hair. I'll give it a few more episodes.

I freaking loved Lark Rise, inversed. Julia Sawalha is so great. "I'll just have one (whatever); it's my only weakness!"
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:50 pm

My husband is rewatching Battlestar Galactica. I have never seen it before. All the humans are insufferable douchebags. I am 100% Team Cylon.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next