Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 21 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  Morning Angel Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:09 am

Binky wrote:
I guessed that it was because it's one of the few shows that films on the east coast (that and SVU, which also has some guest appearances) and google confirms. Thanks for the recs. I am curious what West sounds like without the, uh, Americanish accent.

Here you go. (I can't pass up linking to something related to The Hour because it's such a good show.) Kiran, I agree. He was so fantastic in both The Hour and Appropriate Adult. That latter one is seriously disturbing. I also saw Dominic West on stage in London, and he was playing drunk at some point in the play, and he was as good there as on The Wire. I was impressed. lol

Veep had Isaiah Whitlock, who played Clay Davis, show up in tonight's episode. Given that they shoot in DC, it's surprising they haven't had more Wire actors in it.

Last edited by Morning Angel on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 am

The Dude wrote:
Spoiler:

I agree completely, The Dude. That is exactly what happened.

ETA: MorningAngel, that is NOT what I expected him to sound like! So I guess his accent wasn't showing through, but the accent he went with was just...not...what people in Baltimore (or any other place in the US) sound like.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:20 am

Binky wrote:

ETA: MorningAngel, that is NOT what I expected him to sound like! So I guess his accent wasn't showing through, but the accent he went with was just...not...what people in Baltimore (or any other place in the US) sound like.

I did see him interviewed somewhere, and I remember him saying the Baltimore accent was quite a challenge for him. Plus that, in the UK, his accent always got him cast in posh roles, which is why he was so interested in doing something different like getting to play a cop.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Wed May 01, 2013 1:14 am

I am re-watching Deadwood and my Lord, the Reverend's descent in the first season just BREAKS me. It had been so long since I watched the episodes that I had forgotten about it and wasn't prepared!

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Wed May 01, 2013 1:17 am

I have just discovered Cupcake Wars and cannot stop watching. The flavours they create seem totally amazing to me, yet (sometimes) ridiculously revolting at the same time. I love it.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 01, 2013 1:24 am

Deadwood! I remember marathoning the seasons and being pissed when I found iut HBO cancelled it despite its solid ratings. I totally wanna rewatch that this summer!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Wed May 01, 2013 12:23 pm

I have been watching Prison Break on Netflix, and dear god that show is like crack. Wentworth Miller is delicious and Dominic Purcell's inability to button his shirts is the most awesome thing ever.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed May 01, 2013 12:33 pm

The first season of that show is some of the best ridiculous crack television ever. Then it goes to shit. But I will always have mad love for Sara/Michael and Paul Adelstein.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Wed May 01, 2013 12:45 pm

I am in the middle of season two and can tell that the plot is headed off the rails into crazyville, but that is not stopping my enjoyment of Wentworth Miller. I am posting shit on Tumblr like a 15-year old girl.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed May 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Towards the end he was the only reason I kept watching that damn show.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed May 01, 2013 12:59 pm

THIS IS A PRISON LINC, NOT A JAMBA JUICE.

He really was great. And so hot. My favorite thing about the latter seasons became his general painedness at the realization that Lincoln was too dumb to live and he should have left him in the prison.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Wed May 01, 2013 1:26 pm

It is the most unintentionally hilarious show ever. And Linc, so pretty and yet so very dumb, your shirt has more than two buttons. Not that Michael is much better. Glasses are not a disguise, no matter how cute you look in them.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed May 01, 2013 1:28 pm

I still think they incorporated LJ into the show so Linc could have a minder.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Thu May 02, 2013 1:52 am

The ONLY thing I liked about the show from season 3 to whenever I stopped watching was that they kept LJ around. I loved that damn kid.

The first season of that show will always be one of my favorite things on this planet. I remember renting the DVDs from Blockbuster and geeking out with the clerk because I was in there every day and he had just mainlined it, too, and AHHHHH so cracky good. And then when that very same Blockbuster closed down, I made sure to buy just the first two or three discs of season 2 in their going out of business sale, because I really did like the beginning of it with everyone trying to figure out WTF they were going to do and Mahone tracking them down like a boss. That show would have been perfect if they had just let it be a two-season show. I'm feeling all nostalgic now and really really want to watch it, so I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend now.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu May 02, 2013 1:58 am

I remember being so ANGRY at the finale. JUST SO ANGRY. And refusing to watch that stupid ass Sara in prison movie thing they did. Like what the fuck.

You guys remember when Robin Tunney was the female lead? AND HOW THAT ENDED? This show was also extremely disturbing because it had Scooter from Living Single killing people, the same season he was trying to take custody of their child from Bailey on Greys and I was like SCOOTER, WTF?

I think this is in that rarefied Dark Angel, The OC, Heroes area of show where it was SO HUGE and buzzy for about a season and a half and then crashed just as quickly.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu May 02, 2013 5:06 am

As far as I'm concerned, the last, like, 5 minutes of Prison Break S2 never happened. They
Spoiler:
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Thu May 02, 2013 10:46 am

I bailed on Prison Break after the second season. I didn't even remember why, but the snippets of awfulness you guys are bringing make me glad I did. I really miss WM though. Guess he's a writer now..?

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Sun May 19, 2013 1:17 am

I half-listen to CSI: Original Flavah out of habit while I'm playing Minecraft, and I believe I just endured an hour-long infomercial for Ozzy Osbourne's new album.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed May 29, 2013 11:51 pm

First two episodes of Gillian Anderson's BBC thing, The Fall. The whole thing (it's only five episodes) is up on Netflix. I like it so far. It's procedural murdery stuff but you already know Jamie Dornan's the killer and there's a lot of tension that comes from that. Archie Panjabi just showed up! I never watched The Good Wife but I have liked her since Bend It Like Beckham and East Is East. And there is PLENTY of Jamie Dornan hawtness, even though for some of it he's murdering people, so that's a bit of a downer. And there was some other hot dude too who has some awkward sex with Gillian but I didn't catch his name. Good times though.

Particularly just having read the Tana French book I'm in the mood for a nice Police Drama of the British Isles. It's kind of slow and moody and that's my kind of thing.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu May 30, 2013 12:09 am

Went from a marathon of Hannibal to a marathon of Bates Motel. TV prequels to movies about psychotic killers is an oddly specific theme to be following, but that seems to be the nature of the past season.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri May 31, 2013 1:30 pm

I wan to try both those shows this summer because LJ friends keep raving about them.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri May 31, 2013 6:17 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:I wan to try both those shows this summer because LJ friends keep raving about them.

Hannibal is serious, gruesome, and a bit arty, Bates Motel is more soapy, and has a wicked, macabre undercurrent of humor. Go with whichever one fits the mood that you're in.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri May 31, 2013 11:45 pm

I think I'll try Bates Motel first because of Freddie Highmore. I've missed that kid's great acting!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:48 am

xyzzy wrote:I half-listen to CSI: Original Flavah out of habit while I'm playing Minecraft, and I believe I just endured an hour-long infomercial for Ozzy Osbourne's new album.
CSI: Miami is my background. Not mentally taxing and good for an uncontrollable laugh at one of Caruso's hammy line reads at least once an hour.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:31 am

So the first episode of the final season of Burn Notice made me realize how much I missed Jeffery Donavan's abs.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next