Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 38 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  Shadowlass Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Holy crap: I was just thinking of rewatching Twin Peaks, and it's announced Showtime has ordered nine new episodes of the show for 2016.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Did anyone catch Selfie? I couldn't deal with Karen Gillan's American accent. And you either need to break out into song mid-show four or five times, or not at all. It wasn't enough to be the show's gimmick, but it was too much to be a one-off joke.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:38 pm

I saw it. Not Good. I wish it were good for the sake of the two leads, but the odds were against it by calling it Selfie. I did like that weird bit about kissing Koreans, though.

Last edited by puddingcup on Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:48 pm

I actually liked it. KG's forced American accent aside, I thought it was well-executed and sweet. I don't know what legs it has going forward as she's already started changing for the better, but I'll stick with it. She and John Cho had good chemistry, too, which helped.

Did anyone watch A-Z? I really enjoyed that, too, but I am interested in the time limit set up. I found both Christina Milotti and Ben Feldman to be adorable and they worked really well together.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:52 pm

I really enjoyed both of those shows, too, dionneshea. I think the time limit in A-to-Z is a good thing and points to one of the things that could make it better than just How I Met Your Mother 2.0, which is the overall vibe I got from the pilot (because of Milioti, the hyper-romantic male lead, and Katey Sagal's voice over).
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:21 pm

The time limit thing could be a red herring, it states that they "dated" for eight months whatever days; maybe the get engaged/married at the end of that period. Ben and Christina are adorably charming but the male best friend character is the single most annoying character currently featured on television.

I didn't like Selfie and feel like the episodes will feel dated two to three months after they air. Hell the pilot felt dated.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:33 pm

What night did A-Z come on? I wanted to check it out.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:42 pm

I honestly don't know. I caught it because the pilot was free on iTunes and it looked interesting. I suppose I should find out just so I know what day to check Hulu for the day-after stream going forward.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:53 pm

It's on Thursday at 9:30.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:40 pm

Madam Secretary is not great, but it is by no means as terrible as you might fear. Tea Leoni has finally found the perfect role for her no-bullshit deadpan face. Too bad she probably won't get much chance with it; I think it'll be lucky to last the season.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:57 pm

I am turning into my mother because I was way too excited to learn recently that Inspector Lewis is back with new episodes after ending supposedly for good last year!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:43 am

I took the first season of Friday Night Lights out of the library and I've enjoyed the first 2 discs (instant crush on Coach Taylor and Connie Britton has been awesome in the bits I've seen so far), but I need to know if Minka Kelly ever gets any better/less annoying.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:17 am

biakbiak wrote:I am turning into my mother because I was way too excited to learn recently that Inspector Lewis is back with new episodes after ending supposedly for good last year!

Oh, I'm right there with you. Plus I'm completely drawn in by The Paradise, so I can only conclude this is more evidence that I am embracing middle age.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:29 am

Inspector Lewis starts this weekend here! I'm so pumped. We have a Tivo full of Endeavor, Lewis and Morse episodes. If this makes me lame, I don't want to be cool.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:58 am

mayram wrote:I took the first season of Friday Night Lights out of the library and I've enjoyed the first 2 discs (instant crush on Coach Taylor and Connie Britton has been awesome in the bits I've seen so far), but I need to know if Minka Kelly ever gets any better/less annoying.
Ummmm...no. I don't think Minka Kelly necessarily improves, but her character does (in my opinion). But more importantly, I think the series spreads its focus a bit more as the seasons go on so her impact is lessened.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:29 am

So I'm finally all caught up with The Blacklist.  I kind of love it.  I realize it's not great drama by any stretch of the imagination, but I tend to like shows that have ridiculous plots (hello there Sleepy Hollow) as long as the actors are committed to it.  And boy howdy is James Spader ever committed.  For me, he and his gang are just the best part about the show.  I really could care less about most of the FBI folks, including Agent Keen (except Aram, who is the only one with any real personality).  At the moment, the thing I find most interesting about her is her terrible taste in men.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:33 am

And boy howdy is James Spader ever committed. For me, he and his gang are just the best part about the show. wrote:
Absolutely. They could totally ditch the FBI aspect of the show and I wouldn't blink. Spader presents a master class in acting. The rest of them, not so much. I am baffled that they couldn't find someone better than Megan Boone to play Lizzie.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:50 pm

I wonder what direction the producers asked Ms Boone to go with the character? I sympathize with her husband plight, but otherwise she seems to be cut from the same patch of cloth as Princess ShinyHair over on 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' (Who, it must be said, has been somewhat course-corrected this season.) Was 'snotty' on the top of the traits list?

I look forward to an episode the all incompetent Federal Agents and useless Government Functionaries are slapped into shape by the terrifying Mr Kaplan. While Spade makes remarks on the D.C. weather.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:54 pm

I love James Spader. I loved him when he was ungodly pretty, but I think I love him even more now. I'll have to check out The Blacklist...is it on Netflix?

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Season 1 is streaming on Netflix and I believe you can catch up on the current season on Hulu.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Years behind everyone else, I'm watching Avatar: The Last Airbender on Netflix and I am enjoying the hell out of it. I never saw the film and never wanted to because there are limits to my bad film watching, but now I know that I will NEVER see it because if it tainted this series for me, I would be bereft.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:28 pm

There are absolutely no positives to the film. Avoid it at all costs. It's like someone described the series secondhand to M Knight Shamalan and he decided to run with it. He stripped out any of the humor that made the series work, took the well thought out and effective fighting styles and turned it into a minute long dance for any bending, and changed the pronunciation of the main characters names. Not to mention the whitewashing.

But Avatar is amazing, and I'm glad you're getting to it now! Then you can launch immediately into Legend of Korra instead of having to wait four years like the rest of us.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:43 pm

The movie is why my wife has lost all movie selection privileges. We had watched the series just a month before it came out and I told her it was a bad idea but she insisted.

Never again.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:49 pm

vwlphb wrote:There are absolutely no positives to the film. Avoid it at all costs. It's like someone described the series secondhand to M Knight Shamalan and he decided to run with it.

I once heard someone describe the Abrams Trek movies as if, "Instead of watching Trek, they hired someone to research it for them, and he didn't watch it, he just read the Wikipedia page on Star Trek and told the writers about what he read."
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:41 pm

The addition of Paul Ruebens to The Blacklist only makes me love it more.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next