Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Dumb Quotes

+115
kanding
Kookla
eventide82
Sheli
themis
BrightEyes
draco vulgaris
Evil Evelyn
rat kitten
Pop'n'Fresh
Tabby
slmader
ariadne
Agent Sculder
Skyblade
Lis
jstilwe
pinguerin
Cynara
Melk
mandalaya
TiffanyNichelle
SarahJanet
Gillian
Coneycat
Snarryfan
laurelin_kit
Arabella
KaveDweller
dinahmoe
Corvus
jensa
Swarley
punkysdilemma
mayram
puddingcup
Raised by wolves
chick binewski
year of the cat
inversed
chibimanda
Wilhelmina
lisa
Unlucky Bear
Jordan Baker
katha
roseland
Heather
jaraga
Putli Bai
oxymoron
Menshevixen
easybreezy
Algae
big chicken
bbridges
salamandersam
Grainne Mhaol
Jessica
punzy
Francie Nolan
GoodbyeWithWords
Brainchild
Luthien
Lily Rose
Raksha
choubetcha
Never Enough
Decca
Rhilin
Jude
zip
Case
Instant Monkeys
curryalley
naughty zoot
katesti
Matinee
Escape
mokey75
dreago
sagitare
LadyGayle
jcpdiesel21
mrinsouciance
Crowbridge
The Lady of Shalott
Morning Angel
swsa
Miss Moneypenny
ActonBell
QueenSix
Red Wolf
blooey
The Glen
Eris Rising
truecrystal
maxell131313
bookworm
Cutebutpsycho
Binky
The Dude
tothemax
blixie
Pontius Pilates
Poubelle
particle_person
biakbiak
Genevieve
whatthedeuce
queenofdenile
Kiran
PrincessCleo
Carrie Ann
laddical
119 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrity Dumb Quotes - Page 23 Empty Re: Celebrity Dumb Quotes

Post  Lily Rose Mon May 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Well if she was LITERALLY a transvestite, she would be dressed as a man, not wearing a dress and a ton of foundation. She's just plain wrong, not just kind of dumb.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon May 13, 2013 8:32 pm

That is true. I grade on a curve with that one.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon May 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Crowbridge wrote:You know, I feel kind of bad for her, because she honestly has no idea what it's like to be a regular person, but she really wants to know. It's very, very sad.

Yeah. Pretty much the only thing I like her in is Iron Man, but you've summed it up. She wants SO bad to be able to relate to ANYONE who's not the daughter of famous rich Hollywood people AND married to a British rockstar. And that's clearly not possible.

But the dumbest part of that quote is the misuse of 'literally'. She felt like (figurative!) a drag queen because she caked on the makeup. That's not offensive. Her repeated efforts to be a normal person are so bad that they're kind of offensive, yes.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade Mon May 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Or maybe Gwyneth Paltrow is just trying to tell us something.

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon May 13, 2013 9:06 pm

It's almost amusing how fervently she wants to relate with us regular folks. Everyone has struggles, so I don't begrudge her the right to say she's been through shit, but gurrrl, you're privileged to a point that even you don't seem to fully grasp. Sit down and quit talking now, Gwynnie.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 pm

I don't mind her second quote. I mean, I'm not sure it came out the best way, but I think it's fair for her to say that she's struggled -- I think there is this perception that if you are rich and famous, you should just shut up, because your problems aren't real. But she had a late miscarriage and her husband seems like a cheating jackhole, and she was EXTREMELY close to her father when he died, and those are all things that totally suck to go through and can make things really bleak (that, plus she's constantly hearing how much the world hates her guts, which HAS to take a toll, no matter what she says). I think she's just trying to say that, yeah, she cries, too, and it's not always sunny in GOOPadelphia just because she has a lot of money. Privilege don't buy you love.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed May 15, 2013 4:40 pm

I would say this is okay.
"I don't have a perfect life. I don't have a perfect anything. I struggle like every other woman, every other mother. I understand that things look a certain way."
But I just can't deal with these.
"I also feel like I've suffered so much."
"I have incredible struggles."
Just no. And, this one kills me, because, really? I've heard you talk about it over and over for the past 10 years.
"It's not something I talk about."
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Yeah, to me, it's not really what she says but the manner in which she phrases things. That's what makes her sound so irksome and out if touch with 99% of humanity.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Fri May 17, 2013 5:07 pm

I agree it's totally a phrasing problem. A bit melodramatic. It's too bad that she's gotten herself to a point where people's gut reactions to her are, "Oh, GET OVER IT," because I suspect the stuff she goes through in her personal life IS really trying. I also think the reaction to her comments illustrates her point a little -- that she has shit that hits the fan the same way that anyone else in the world does, and having a nice house and a lot of money doesn't make it any less awful when your unborn baby dies and she should be allowed to express that without being told, "You're rich, you don't have problems, so sit down."

The weird thing is, I'm not even a GOOP fan really. I don't know why I feel like I'm defending her here. Maybe that we have both had miscarriages and we have dead dads, so those things in her past hit a hot button for me.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Sat May 18, 2013 12:12 am

No, I get what you're saying, Heather, and I've had neither a miscarriage nor a dead dad (knock wood omg). I don't think being rich and famous and skinny makes Real Life Terrible Shit any easier or makes her any less of a human person with actual feelings. She has different resources than we do to process those feelings, true, but they are shitty things to go through, and I think it's pretty terrible to react to "I've suffered" and "I have struggles," with "Oh, shut up."

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sun May 26, 2013 12:16 am

Roman Polanski Laments Leveling Of Sexes As 'Idiotic'
Roman Polanski says the birth control pill has had a "masculinizing" effect on women and that the leveling of the sexes is "idiotic"

The director made the comments Saturday at the Cannes Film Festival, where he came to premiere "Venus in Fur," a film adapted from the David Ives play which stars Polanski's wife and toys with the subject of gender.

Polanski said the pill has "changed the place of women in our times" while talking to reporters. He further lamented that "offering flowers to a lady" has become "indecent."
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun May 26, 2013 12:26 am

I love it when a child rapist tells me whats wrong with women today.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Sun May 26, 2013 1:09 am

Someone should tell Polanski women probably object to flowers from him specifically due to him being a child rapist and a married man.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Sun May 26, 2013 8:10 pm

I have a feeling he says "offering flowers" when he really means "making unwelcome advances". He's such a victim of those evil, evil women who seem to think they have a right not to be raped.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun May 26, 2013 8:36 pm

I will never understand some women's weird desires to step out of the kitchen and away from their children. I guess they just need a strong man to remind them of their place. Thank you for trying to rein them back in, Mr. Polanski. I salute you, sir!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Sun May 26, 2013 8:40 pm

I wonder about his wife.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon May 27, 2013 12:45 pm

I do too a bit. I mean does she agree with him? Does she just love him so much shes blind to all this? Or is she just like "well he keeps casting me in everything".
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon May 27, 2013 1:12 pm

I don't understand why people are willing to work with him either, honestly. He could be the greatest director ever, but he's a disgusting human being and a goddamn coward who raped a child. It seriously makes me question the judgment of people I otherwise really like. (coughKateWinsletcough) I know Hollywood in general is morally bankrupt, but come on!
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Mon May 27, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm just going to imagine him walking down the streets of Paris or whatever city will have him anymore, trying to offer a bouquet of flowers to various stranger-ladies and making sad :( faces when they slap him instead and then the flowers droop :( too. Like, I need to channel my loathing into this vision.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon May 27, 2013 4:00 pm

I get seperating the artist from the crime, like I really do love a lot of his movies as disgusting as he is, but that being said I can't imagine actually spending an extended amount of time with a man who drugged and sodomized a child (along with other numerous icky things, such as history of dating underage starlets) and not slapping him. I've always side eyed Natalie Portman, though I like her as an actress, because of that quote she had about how eating meat is like rape. But....she signed a petition for an actual rapist....like...what?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon May 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Seeing as how lots of people are still down to work with him and all, has anyone ever come out and said the opposite, that they would never associate with Polanski professionally?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon May 27, 2013 8:14 pm

Lord Acton may have said it best: Great men are almost always bad men.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Mon May 27, 2013 9:26 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:Seeing as how lots of people are still down to work with him and all, has anyone ever come out and said the opposite, that they would never associate with Polanski professionally?

I may be remembering it wrong, but I think when he won Best Director for The Pianist there were people in the audience who refused to applaud for him. But I can't remember for the life of me who those people were.

It's just amazing to me how utterly clueless the man is. He really does not understand what he did was illegal and why the judge had the right to throw the book at him. It's all about him. What a narcissist.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon May 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Well I certainly applaud those who refused to applaud Polanski.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Mon May 27, 2013 9:53 pm

I remember Nick Nolte and his red-headed girlfriend (name escapes me).
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next