Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Dumb Quotes

+115
kanding
Kookla
eventide82
Sheli
themis
BrightEyes
draco vulgaris
Evil Evelyn
rat kitten
Pop'n'Fresh
Tabby
slmader
ariadne
Agent Sculder
Skyblade
Lis
jstilwe
pinguerin
Cynara
Melk
mandalaya
TiffanyNichelle
SarahJanet
Gillian
Coneycat
Snarryfan
laurelin_kit
Arabella
KaveDweller
dinahmoe
Corvus
jensa
Swarley
punkysdilemma
mayram
puddingcup
Raised by wolves
chick binewski
year of the cat
inversed
chibimanda
Wilhelmina
lisa
Unlucky Bear
Jordan Baker
katha
roseland
Heather
jaraga
Putli Bai
oxymoron
Menshevixen
easybreezy
Algae
big chicken
bbridges
salamandersam
Grainne Mhaol
Jessica
punzy
Francie Nolan
GoodbyeWithWords
Brainchild
Luthien
Lily Rose
Raksha
choubetcha
Never Enough
Decca
Rhilin
Jude
zip
Case
Instant Monkeys
curryalley
naughty zoot
katesti
Matinee
Escape
mokey75
dreago
sagitare
LadyGayle
jcpdiesel21
mrinsouciance
Crowbridge
The Lady of Shalott
Morning Angel
swsa
Miss Moneypenny
ActonBell
QueenSix
Red Wolf
blooey
The Glen
Eris Rising
truecrystal
maxell131313
bookworm
Cutebutpsycho
Binky
The Dude
tothemax
blixie
Pontius Pilates
Poubelle
particle_person
biakbiak
Genevieve
whatthedeuce
queenofdenile
Kiran
PrincessCleo
Carrie Ann
laddical
119 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrity Dumb Quotes - Page 31 Empty Re: Celebrity Dumb Quotes

Post  swsa Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:27 pm

I wouldn't mind if Miley spared me her "blessings".

"God wants my life to be about being successful and being happy and blessing other people and being blessed.”
"Even people who want to hate on me, they can’t even shut down the fact that I’m literally what everyone is talking about."
"I don’t want to say that I’m on top right now -– I feel like I’m kind of an underdog in a cool way," she continues, adding her two cents about society's view on her. "It’s almost punk rock to like me because it’s not the right thing to do. Like, society wants to shut me down."
Aw, yes. Those underdogs, born into the industry, children of millionaire parents with musical connections, who are raised in the House of Mouse.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:01 pm

Someone needs to brush up on the definition of the word "literally".

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Ahhh, humility suits her well! Oh wait...

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:15 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:Ahhh, humility suits her well! Oh wait...
Seriously.  Didn't anyone teach this girl to not sound like an asshole?

Last edited by Crowbridge on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Yes, Miley, people are talking about you. But it's not about your music.

And seriously? Punk rock? You make Avril Lavigne look like Patti Smith.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:22 am

At least Avril could namedrop actual punk rockers. Even if she couldn't always pronounce their names.

Also, Miley may be too young to remember this, but once upon a time punk rock referred to an actual genre of music, not what pop starlet you liked. (Her Hannah Montana tunes sounded more punk rock than anything she's done recently.)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:54 am

(I wasn't sure where to put this, but it involves a celebrity saying stupid/offensive stuff, so here we are.)

So A&E has put Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson on "indefinite hiatus" because of of anti-gay comments he made in a GQ profile (there's racism to be found there, too).

Look, I am in no way defending what he said, but what the hell did A&E think they were getting into? Did they not watch their own show? Are they not comfortable with their reality star getting too real? As the GQ article itself notes:
Okay, so perhaps it's not exactly shocking that a deeply religious 67-year-old hunter from rural Louisiana would have, shall we say, enthusiastic ideas about what constitutes good Christian morality.

Seriously, was there was some kind of "don't talk about sensitive issues with the press" agreement/contract clause that this guy violated? Is this backpedaling/distancing because whatever media training A&E offered didn't stick? (If so, why just the homophobia and not the racism?) Aren't there plenty of Duck Dynasty fans who'd agree with him?
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:08 am

(If so, why just the homophobia and not the racism?) Aren't there plenty of Duck Dynasty fans who'd agree with him?

Because the two organization who complained about his comments were LGBT groups. I am sure that some fans of DD that agree with him, doesn't mean A&E has to have him be a prominent face on their network.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:09 am

It goes without saying that his remarks are offensive...and it also goes without saying water is wet, too. We all have these relatives, and they exist just to make you want to hide under the table. Rednecks exist, and you can't take them anywhere, much less put them on tv.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:34 pm

biakbiak wrote:
(If so, why just the homophobia and not the racism?) Aren't there plenty of Duck Dynasty fans who'd agree with him?

Because the two organization who complained about his comments were LGBT groups. I am sure that some fans of DD that agree with him, doesn't mean A&E has to have him be a prominent face on their network.
I'm sorry, but if you need GLAAD and HRC to tell you that what he said was wrong, that doesn't make you look good. Especially when you let his racist comments slide (lbr, you don't have groups complaining about that because they're smart enough to ignore the redneck, and also know they have bigger fish to fry). It's way too obvious that this about brand, not bigotry.

He was the face of their network until yesterday, and when you have a reality show that's promoted as "lol, look at these weird hicks!" (I mean, if that's not part of what they're trying to do, why is it being promoted in fucking GQ?), you don't get to act shocked when the hick says exactly what you'd suspect a hick to say. Phil Robertson wouldn't have this kind of platform if A&E hadn't given him one.

I don't know much about duck hunting, but I do know that if it walks like a duck and acts like a duck, well...
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:00 pm

NPR's piece sums up the situation quite well, I think. Especially this part:

[the]network point out quite so clearly — if perhaps accidentally — that you don't have to punish Show Phil for the things that are said in the press by Actual Phil.

Bigoted statements of Real Bigot not associated with Reality Bigot? Okay then.

The race statements strike me as as bad if not worse (on the imaginary scale of offensiveness), than the anti-gay stuff getting the most attention.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm always amazed at how much time bigots devote to the subject. I couldn't have been hard for the interviewer to bait the hook.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:16 pm

The only shocking thing to me about any of this is that something like it hasn't happened sooner with the latest generation of "reality" TV.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:35 pm

The part the grinds me are the fans crying "FREE SPEECH!!!"

The government isn't oppressing Phil.  Phil's employer is oppressing Phil. Which is something they get to do.  If I suddenly found myself interviewed in a national magazine that identified my employer, and I said things like that?  They would never stop firing me.

Also, as noted above, if you hire a hick to say stupid things in public, and he goes out and says stupid things in public, then you don't get to act all surprised and above it, A & E.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:20 am

I can't believe they cancelled Intervention and Hoarders for this.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:49 am

Putli Bai wrote:The part the grinds me are the fans crying "FREE SPEECH!!!"

The government isn't oppressing Phil.  Phil's employer is oppressing Phil. Which is something they get to do.  If I suddenly found myself interviewed in a national magazine that identified my employer, and I said things like that?  They would never stop firing me.

Also, as noted above, if you hire a hick to say stupid things in public, and he goes out and says stupid things in public, then you don't get to act all surprised and above it, A & E.

Not even just fans - Jindal and Palin are saying similarly, which, wouldn't you HOPE that someone elected to state office would actually understand the First Amendment? Ridiculous.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:18 am

But they're not constitutional lawyers. That there's elitist bullshit, ya know? They just *know* what the First Amendment means. They get the truthiness of it.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:15 am

They're not even oppressing him! He is now dealing with CONSEQUENCES, not being told he shouldn't say anything at all. He's free to say whatever bullshit he wants, just not on their show/network. And FOX News is probably already in negotiations with him for his very own bigot talk show.

It annoys the hell out of me that so many people think the First Amendment is about being able to say whatever they want with no repercussions. It is not.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:31 pm

I would be shocked if Palin could even spell the words "First Amendment," much less understand it. Just my opinion, of course.

I had my fill of ignorant red neck idiots in my own family and community growing up, I sure don't need to go out of my way for more of the same on t.v.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Exactly who did they think that they were hiring, and what did they think that they would get for giving him buttloads of cash for playing the part?
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Seriously A&E couldn't have hauled him aside and told since they are giving him millions he should at least pretend to like gays and blacks? Seems like a fair exchange.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:05 pm

He was.* There is typically wording in most contracts, particularly "reality" performers, that amounts to "Be on notice: you are associated with our brand, and we will protect our brand." Not a 'morals clause' in that it doesn't dictate or restrict behavior or speech, but it is very clear that employment is 'at will' and A&E can and will drop you for any reason they see fit, or no reason at all. Just like any other employer in the US. The First Amendment does not contribute to this discussion.

*Not that I am privy to current A&E Business Affairs practice, but I do work in the field and have worked on contracts of this nature. Legal is PARTICULARLY vigilant when dealing with non-professionals that can easily become loose cannons.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Shit for that kind of money I'd publicly endorse Robert Altman as a genius. Phil has nothing to complain about.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Lily Rose wrote:And FOX News is probably already in negotiations with him for his very own bigot talk show.

This is so true, and so frustrating.

So the family has come out and said they can't continue the show without their patriarch. I don't know anyone who watches, so I'm not too concerned about it possibly being canceled.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:26 pm

A&E is freaking out because that show is so popular and makes so much money.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next