Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Dumb Quotes

+115
kanding
Kookla
eventide82
Sheli
themis
BrightEyes
draco vulgaris
Evil Evelyn
rat kitten
Pop'n'Fresh
Tabby
slmader
ariadne
Agent Sculder
Skyblade
Lis
jstilwe
pinguerin
Cynara
Melk
mandalaya
TiffanyNichelle
SarahJanet
Gillian
Coneycat
Snarryfan
laurelin_kit
Arabella
KaveDweller
dinahmoe
Corvus
jensa
Swarley
punkysdilemma
mayram
puddingcup
Raised by wolves
chick binewski
year of the cat
inversed
chibimanda
Wilhelmina
lisa
Unlucky Bear
Jordan Baker
katha
roseland
Heather
jaraga
Putli Bai
oxymoron
Menshevixen
easybreezy
Algae
big chicken
bbridges
salamandersam
Grainne Mhaol
Jessica
punzy
Francie Nolan
GoodbyeWithWords
Brainchild
Luthien
Lily Rose
Raksha
choubetcha
Never Enough
Decca
Rhilin
Jude
zip
Case
Instant Monkeys
curryalley
naughty zoot
katesti
Matinee
Escape
mokey75
dreago
sagitare
LadyGayle
jcpdiesel21
mrinsouciance
Crowbridge
The Lady of Shalott
Morning Angel
swsa
Miss Moneypenny
ActonBell
QueenSix
Red Wolf
blooey
The Glen
Eris Rising
truecrystal
maxell131313
bookworm
Cutebutpsycho
Binky
The Dude
tothemax
blixie
Pontius Pilates
Poubelle
particle_person
biakbiak
Genevieve
whatthedeuce
queenofdenile
Kiran
PrincessCleo
Carrie Ann
laddical
119 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrity Dumb Quotes - Page 30 Empty Re: Celebrity Dumb Quotes

Post  Crowbridge Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:05 pm

All that talk about not condemning people for pedophilia actually makes me think he's not okay with it, at all. Sounds like too much rationalizing.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Wow. That is not the direction I expected that to go. More towards the "what's so bad about creeping on young girls" neighborhood. I think I had that random lady's "we should totes decriminalize underage student/teacher sex" article from the other week still in the back of my head.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:25 am

For a man who's spent so much of his career calling out religion for the small-mindedness and prejudice it can sometimes provoke, he's awfully quick to indulge in small-minded prejudiced thinking himself when it suits him.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Melk wrote:For a man who's spent so much of his career calling out religion for the small-mindedness and prejudice it can sometimes provoke, he's awfully quick to indulge in small-minded prejudiced thinking himself when it suits him.
He has Sheldon Cooper syndrome: he believes that due to his remarkable insight and accomplishments in one field of human knowledge, he is now well-qualified to hold informed opinions in all fields of human knowledge.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:42 pm

Chris Brown continues to be whiny and terrible.

But one thing that he decided to speak on in the interview after touching on the way that he’s treated by the media and mainstream folks is his feeling that Jay Z, who made his own share of bad mistakes in the past, gets treated like the squeaky clean success story. However, when it comes to Brown, he gets treated like the red headed stepchild because of his violence against Rihanna.

“No disrespect, because I’m a fan, but nobody brings up the fact that [Jay Z] stabbed somebody and sold drugs. He gets a pass.”
"I don’t try to lash out at people, or be as mad or impulsive as I used to be.  I got to the point where it’s only so much you can take from the master, you feel me? I’ve taken my fair share of lashings.
and that love triangle he was recently in with Rihanna and Karreuche Tran (“Relationships are the most difficult part. That’s why I was honest with those two girls and I put out that video. My ex and I broke up because of the “situation” and she had moved on. I fell in love with another girl. Then my ex came back, so it was like, ‘What is a man to do?’ I told them both the truth. I didn’t do the sucker role.”
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:47 pm

I really wish the media would just ignore him.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:10 pm

I...its common knowledge that Jay-Z sold drugs and stabbed a guy? But hes also owned up to it and is not making excuses for having sold drugs. And it was almost 20 years ago. And he has not spent the last 20 years committing violent crime upon violent crime and acting victimized over it?

I mean...maybe Chris Brown would have a point if I didn't think it all came back to his butthurt that Jay-Z hates him and allegedly won't have anything to do with him post Rihanna (I remember hearing that Chris Brown was claiming Beyonce was going to duet with him to goad Jay-Z).

Chris Brown is just awful. Hes what happens when you combine misogyny, crack cocaine and parents that never tell their kids they are wrong.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:38 am

From a reporter's Twitter feed.
"Premier Colin Barnett says he's been a loyal and dedicated Freo dockers supporter for the past 4 weeks."
I'm not opposed to the Dockers, I just don't like fair-weather fans. Especially when I disagree very strongly with the Libs in general.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:39 am

How to pick one? SUCH a difficult choice...usually. But in this case, very easy. The latest words of wisdom from the ever eloquent Miley Cyrus, in Rolling Stone, regarding her VMA performance:
I know what I'm doing. I know I'm shocking you. When I'm dressed in that teddy bear thing, I think that's funny. I was saying yesterday, I had this obsession about this character that's like an adult baby. Like if you see a baby do something like that it's so warped and weird, but there's something creepily hot about it. So when I'm in that teddy bear suit, I'm like a creepy, sexy baby.
Like, CREEPY doesn't even begin to describe it, much less HOT or SEXY.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:23 pm

Somebody's been watching 30 Rock. Except I don't think she got the joke.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:42 pm

I think her quotes about drugs are pretty good, too:

"I think weed is the best drug on earth.  One time I smoked a joint with peyote in it, and I saw a wolf howling at the moon.  Hollywood is a coke town, but weed is so much better.  And molly, too.  Those are happy drugs- social drugs.  I really don't like coke, it's so gross and dark.  It's like, what are you, from the 90's?  Ew."
Congrats, Miley, for discovering drugs.  No Hollywood brat has done that in the history of EVER.

Oh, and when she says stuff like this, I get a kick out of rereading this old article.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:15 am

Yes, Miley, the 90s were a dark, gross, coke-filled place. Which you would know if you weren't an innocent infant trying to convince all of us that you were a Totally Cool Awesome Grown-Up, Seriously.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:53 pm

Isn't coke more of an 80's drug? Not that people ever stopped doing it, but if you're going to assign a decade to coke, I'd pick the 80's, not the 90's.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Crowbridge wrote:Isn't coke more of an 80's drug?  Not that people ever stopped doing it, but if you're going to assign a decade to coke, I'd pick the 80's, not the 90's.
Exactly.  If I had to pick a 90s drug, it would probably be ecstasy, which is the same thing as molly (MDNA).  But don't tell Miley that, because that might make her uncool, and we all know how hip and edgy she is.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  themis Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:30 pm

Miley was not yet born in the 80s. She strikes me as someone with little to no historical-cultural reference, vis a vis the way she thinks she's invented rebellion, drug use, skimpy clothing, and other things we are supposed to find "shocking." She didn't live it, hence it doesn't exist, for her. This is why those of us who have seen three or even four decades find her super-duper boring. We have been through this a few times.

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:39 pm

themis wrote:Miley was not yet born in the 80s.  She strikes me as someone with little to no historical-cultural reference, vis a vis the way she thinks she's invented rebellion, drug use, skimpy clothing, and other things we are supposed to find "shocking."  She didn't live it, hence it doesn't exist, for her.  This is why those of us who have seen three or even four decades find her super-duper boring.  We have been through this a few times.  
Not only have we seen it, we've seen it done better. Miley's voice is just terrible, and her fashion sense is simply unflattering, not shocking. Ick.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Miley was born in 1992. My guess is she thinks of the 90's as coke-dominated because she remembers one/both of her parents doing it.

But, really, oh she needs to shut up so hard.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:47 am

I think I actually hate her. I hate how grotesque and creepy all her performances are. I hate that the industry keeps validating this pathetic puppet show. I hate her arrogance. I think she is honestly my most loathed celebrity right now.

I'm kind of shocked that I feel this strongly. But I'm just over it all and wish she'd go away already.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:30 am

themis wrote:Miley was not yet born in the 80s.  She strikes me as someone with little to no historical-cultural reference, vis a vis the way she thinks she's invented rebellion, drug use, skimpy clothing, and other things we are supposed to find "shocking."  She didn't live it, hence it doesn't exist, for her.  This is why those of us who have seen three or even four decades find her super-duper boring.  We have been through this a few times.  
Yes! - I feel like I've seen this so many other times from child stars who leave their teens behind and suddenly want to be perceived as grown up. Virtually all of them (the women at least, male child stars have other, equally ridiculous habits) suddenly start going on and on about how they're so dirty and wild now, how they totally do drugs (shocker!) and how much they loooooove sex. Really Miley's personal version of this is nothing compared to some who have come before her. Remember Christina Aguilera and her ass-less chaps Diiirty phase? At least that was entertaining bonkers rather than 'I'm so embarrassed for you' bonkers.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:46 pm

She is confusing attitude with talent. The thing about the performers who've done this successfully in the past is that they have both. Whereas Miley is falsely creating one to over the fact that she lacks any of the other. And she seems to have NO IDEA of this.

Although I guess you can argue that Madonna sounded just as vocally ... produced, in her early work at least, as Miley does. Maybe her talent was for creating the illusion of talent, but whatever it was, it worked, and it was something Miley doesn't have.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:02 pm

That's the thing - Miley acts like she's the first person to do these things, and she isn't even the first person to do them recently. She's like Pink Lite, without the pipes.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:14 am

I've gone from being completely indifferent to Miley to absolutely hating her over the past couple of months. Here's another recent gem of hers from here:

“Well I heard when you turn 40 things start to go a little less sexual,” Miley said. “So probably around 40. Around that time. I heard that’s when people don’t have sex anymore so I guess maybe around then.”
She is such a fucking child.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Poubelle wrote:Richard Dawkins is certainly better educated than Miley Cyrus, but buried in this NY Times interview is a special gem of stupidity:
Why is the Nobel Prize in Literature almost always given to a novelist, never a scientist? Why should we prefer our literature to be about things that didn’t happen? Wouldn’t, say, Steven Pinker be a good candidate for the literature prize?
I dunno, dude, why is the Nobel prize for economics always given to an economist, never an artist? Have you heard about the Nobels for chemistry and physics and medicine? Novelists aren't taking those ones!
Well, the Nobel Prize for Literature didn't go to a novelist this year! But I don't know if Dawkins will be any more pleased the winner is a short-story writer...

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:46 pm

... I lol'd.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:32 pm