Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Dumb Quotes

+115
kanding
Kookla
eventide82
Sheli
themis
BrightEyes
draco vulgaris
Evil Evelyn
rat kitten
Pop'n'Fresh
Tabby
slmader
ariadne
Agent Sculder
Skyblade
Lis
jstilwe
pinguerin
Cynara
Melk
mandalaya
TiffanyNichelle
SarahJanet
Gillian
Coneycat
Snarryfan
laurelin_kit
Arabella
KaveDweller
dinahmoe
Corvus
jensa
Swarley
punkysdilemma
mayram
puddingcup
Raised by wolves
chick binewski
year of the cat
inversed
chibimanda
Wilhelmina
lisa
Unlucky Bear
Jordan Baker
katha
roseland
Heather
jaraga
Putli Bai
oxymoron
Menshevixen
easybreezy
Algae
big chicken
bbridges
salamandersam
Grainne Mhaol
Jessica
punzy
Francie Nolan
GoodbyeWithWords
Brainchild
Luthien
Lily Rose
Raksha
choubetcha
Never Enough
Decca
Rhilin
Jude
zip
Case
Instant Monkeys
curryalley
naughty zoot
katesti
Matinee
Escape
mokey75
dreago
sagitare
LadyGayle
jcpdiesel21
mrinsouciance
Crowbridge
The Lady of Shalott
Morning Angel
swsa
Miss Moneypenny
ActonBell
QueenSix
Red Wolf
blooey
The Glen
Eris Rising
truecrystal
maxell131313
bookworm
Cutebutpsycho
Binky
The Dude
tothemax
blixie
Pontius Pilates
Poubelle
particle_person
biakbiak
Genevieve
whatthedeuce
queenofdenile
Kiran
PrincessCleo
Carrie Ann
laddical
119 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrity Dumb Quotes - Page 29 Empty Re: Celebrity Dumb Quotes

Post  laddical Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:30 pm

RDJ got in a few licks, but never anytbing harsb. I think most of his were along the lines of how dour TDKR was compared to how colorful and fun Avengers was.

The one that sticks out and got under my craw was Wally Pfister making some very insulting jabs at the cinematography. Don't remember what exactly he said - something about pointless angles that didn't add anything to the story and were just about showing off sets like the NASA lab at the beginning. Any film critic making that same point, I'd have ignored it, but coming from Nolan's cinematographer it was petty and smug.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Kiran wrote:I have a lot of mixed feelings on Joss Whedon. I think he is a fantastic writer, but he seems up his own ass sometimes, and I've never gotten over his treatment of Charisma Carpenter.
What did he do to her?
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:35 pm

laddical wrote:RDJ got in a few licks, but never anytbing harsb. I think most of his were along the lines of how dour TDKR was compared to how colorful and fun Avengers was.

The one that sticks out and got under my craw was Wally Pfister making some very insulting jabs at the cinematography. Don't remember what exactly he said - something about pointless angles that didn't add anything to the story and were just about showing off sets like the NASA lab at the beginning.  Any film critic making that same point, I'd have ignored it, but coming from Nolan's cinematographer it was petty and smug.
Nolan's guy was saying that? The Batman movies are like a thesis on how to edit for non-continuity. Not sure whose final call that is in a movie (I guess Nolan's) but no one involved in that sort of often incomprehensible filming should be criticising any shots from other films.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Can we please be done with Miley already?

"I started trying to take over the world," she says, unknowingly paraphrasing a comment that Madonna made on American Bandstand nearly three decades ago, when she herself was an over-accessorized twentysomething. (In 1984, asked by Dick Clark what her future plans were, Madonna responded, "To rule the world.") It all began when the fresh-faced Disney star shaved the sides and back of her head, leaving a shock of platinum on top. "It changed everyone else's life more than it changed mine," Cyrus says with a laugh about her new 'do.
"I feel like every girl is trying to have a beauty shot and prove that they're 'fashion.' But I can be in white leggings and a white sports bra and I'm on a whole other level of shit that those girls don't even get yet because they don't know how to do it."
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:42 pm

You're right, no other conventionally pretty skinny white 20-something female has ever intentionally uglied herself up for shock value! You are truly revolutionary!
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:You're right, no other conventionally pretty skinny white 20-something female has ever intentionally uglied herself up for shock value! You are truly revolutionary!
And no other conventionally pretty skinny white 20-something female has ever used her body and sexual innuendo to get attention. Never.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:36 pm

I don't think I've ever seen anyone so in love with their own stupidity the way Miley is.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Wow, she makes Lady Gaga seem humble and down to earth.

There's a quote floating around the internet, attributed to Shenae Grimes, that says, "(Miley) needs two baths, some clothes, and a hug." To that, I would also add "a reality check."
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

In ten years time she's going to look back at this and cringe (I hope, because the alternative is that she's still acting this way).

I feel like every girl is trying to have a beauty shot and prove that they're 'fashion.' But I can be in white leggings and a white sports bra and I'm on a whole other level of shit that those girls don't even get yet because they don't know how to do it."
I can't with how stupid this quote in particular is. School isn't for everyone, but I really think a bit less time on TV and a bit more time in education would have been good for her.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Melk wrote:In ten years time she's going to look back at this and cringe (I hope, because the alternative is that she's still acting this way).
Seriously. There are a lot of 20-year-olds who are this full of themselves, but most of them don't get magazine interviews. Cringe.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Miley, your look isn't THAT shocking. Billy Idol rocked it before you were born.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Crowbridge wrote:Miley, your look isn't THAT shocking.  Billy Idol rocked it before you were born.
I would LOVE to dig up pictures of all the girls who rocked the leggings and bra top look in the early 90s and show them to her so she gets an idea of just how unrevolutionary her whole look is. Besides, Rihanna ALREADY DID IT and did it better.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Agent Sculder wrote:
Crowbridge wrote:Miley, your look isn't THAT shocking.  Billy Idol rocked it before you were born.
I would LOVE to dig up pictures of all the girls who rocked the leggings and bra top look in the early 90s and show them to her so she gets an idea of just how unrevolutionary her whole look is.  Besides, Rihanna ALREADY DID IT and did it better.
Wasn't "We Can't Stop" originally intended for Rihanna? Seems like Miley is just riding her coattails.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:32 am

Richard Dawkins is certainly better educated than Miley Cyrus, but buried in this NY Times interview is a special gem of stupidity:
Why is the Nobel Prize in Literature almost always given to a novelist, never a scientist? Why should we prefer our literature to be about things that didn’t happen? Wouldn’t, say, Steven Pinker be a good candidate for the literature prize?
I dunno, dude, why is the Nobel prize for economics always given to an economist, never an artist? Have you heard about the Nobels for chemistry and physics and medicine? Novelists aren't taking those ones!
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:18 am

He's just a geyser of idiot quotes lately, with this and the one about how "light" pedophilia wasn't all that bad.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:55 am

Poubelle wrote:Richard Dawkins is certainly better educated than Miley Cyrus, but buried in this NY Times interview is a special gem of stupidity:
Why is the Nobel Prize in Literature almost always given to a novelist, never a scientist? Why should we prefer our literature to be about things that didn’t happen? Wouldn’t, say, Steven Pinker be a good candidate for the literature prize?
I dunno, dude, why is the Nobel prize for economics always given to an economist, never an artist? Have you heard about the Nobels for chemistry and physics and medicine? Novelists aren't taking those ones!
I'm not a novelist, a scientist or a economist so give ME the Nobel awards! It makes perfect sense. Plus I like awards and would welcome the excuse to buy a new dress to attend a fancy dinner.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:36 am

Wasn't "We Can't Stop" originally intended for Rihanna? Seems like Miley is just riding her coattails.
Yes, it was. Everything about her current look and sound seems like a desperate attempt to copy Rihanna, but Miley is too artless to really pull it off (hence the VMA trainwreck).
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Lily Rose wrote:He's just a geyser of idiot quotes lately, with this and the one about how "light" pedophilia wasn't all that bad.
*record needle scratch*
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:22 pm

But I can be in white leggings and a white sports bra and I'm on a whole other level of shit that those girls don't even get yet because they don't know how to do it.
So basically, she's Trailer Trash Gwyneth?
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:26 pm

ActonBell wrote:
Yes, it was. Everything about her current look and sound seems like a desperate attempt to copy Rihanna, but Miley is too artless to really pull it off (hence the VMA trainwreck).
Yeah, it's like she's tried to become a Rihanna/Pink hybrid. Only she's not sexy enough to pull off the one or talented enough for the other.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:37 pm

I admired you for a long time because of your contribution to evolutionary biology. I even forgave you for your simplistic analysis of history and sociology, and even for inventing the word 'meme', but seriously, from the bottom of my heart, STFU, Richard Dawkins.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:09 pm

QueenSix wrote:
Poubelle wrote:Richard Dawkins is certainly better educated than Miley Cyrus, but buried in this NY Times interview is a special gem of stupidity:
I'm not a novelist, a scientist or a economist so give ME the Nobel awards! It makes perfect sense. Plus I like awards and would welcome the excuse to buy a new dress to attend a fancy dinner.
I would totally give you a Nobel, QueenSix. Peace prize for caring for Momo.

People turn into bigots as they age and I don't know why. I hope I don't go that route, but my parents sure seem to be. (Neither quite qualifies as a bigot yet, but they are headed in a conservative direction and in 20 more years, I don't know.)
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:30 pm

I think its common as we age to get stuck in our ways, but Richard Dawkins has always been an asshole. I mean, hes intellegent for sure, but hes an asshole. Lets not get into his thoughts on Muslims.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:37 pm

PrincessCleo wrote:
Lily Rose wrote:He's just a geyser of idiot quotes lately, with this and the one about how "light" pedophilia wasn't all that bad.
*record needle scratch*
Oh yes.
Referring to his early days at a boarding school in Salisbury, he recalled how one of the (unnamed) masters “pulled me on his knee and put his hand inside my shorts.”
He said other children in his school peer group had been molested by the same teacher but concluded: “I don’t think he did any of us lasting harm.”
“I am very conscious that you can’t condemn people of an earlier era by the standards of ours. Just as we don’t look back at the 18th and 19th centuries and condemn people for racism in the same way as we would condemn a modern person for racism, I look back a few decades to my childhood and see things like caning, like mild pedophilia, and can’t find it in me to condemn it by the same standards as I or anyone would today,” he said.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Grainne Mhaol wrote:I admired you for a long time because of your contribution to evolutionary biology. I even forgave you for your simplistic analysis of history and sociology, and even for inventing the word 'meme', but seriously, from the bottom of my heart, STFU, Richard Dawkins.
Oh, this this this!! I respect him for his research - hell, it's really important to my own! - but not for really anything he's done recently and outside his field...

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next