Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soap Operas

+19
Heather
Arabella
Jude
sunni94
Carrie Ann
filwdork
Never Enough
TiffanyNichelle
cathy51
LadyGayle
Cutebutpsycho
stephentrendy
big chicken
Swarley
ulkis
blixie
biakbiak
Gillian
Kiran
23 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Soap Operas - Page 5 Empty Re: Soap Operas

Post  Kiran Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:07 am

GH is actually good again and its stunning me. I don't get the Trey sl though. What was the point? I mean hes a much better actor then Kristina, so its a waste on that level too.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:21 am

Is it still GH or is a GH/OLTL mashup?

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:23 am

Its still GH. I wish they would bring on Kassie Depaiva full time as Blair, but Todd has really integrated nicely.

And OMG GENIE FRANCIS IS COMING BACK. GENIE. I LOVE YOU.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:51 am

The only thing I'm disliking on GH right now is the Lulu/Dante/Maxie storyline because it's going in such a predictably painful direction and I love those three more than anyone on the show so I hate seeing them sad.
I knoooowww. I don't read spoilers, and the last thing I saw was Maxie failing at telling Spinelli she lost the baby after they hooked up, but I don't see how this doesn't end with Maxie pregnant with Spinelli's baby (gross) and not telling Lulu and Dante about it for way too long. I can't watch it, especially because I really like 3/4 of the people involved (Spinelli can go looking for Jason and never come back). I keep flashing back to the Kendall/Greenlee surrogacy storyline on AMC and how uncomfortable that made me and gah. I just can't sit through that again. If I turn out to be wrong, please feel free to let me know.

I can't believe how long they're going to make us wait for the Nurses' Ball. And I hope Robin magically appears before Patrick hooks up with that teenager that's been babysitting Emma. She's cute and all, but she definitely does not fit in with the grown-ups. She'd fit in better with the Maxie/Spinelli/Lulu group (even though yes, they are technically adults, but Kirsten Storms will always be Zenon to me and Spinelli is a perpetual college stoner).

I'm so stoked about Genie Francis. I'm just wondering why we can never seem to have her and Jonathan Jackson on the show at the same time.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:55 am

Well at least JJ is still in the abc family and hes the type who would probably come back for sporadic appearances.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:21 am

Cutebutpsycho wrote:
Swarley wrote:Lucy Coe stabbing John "I'm not a Vampire" McBain nearly in the heart today was hilarious. I wondered if they were going to address the whole Port Charles issue and I loved that that was how they went about it. There's not enough vampire slaying on television since Buffy ended.

WAIT. WHAT? LUCY COE IS BACK? IS DOC BACK TOO?

Spoiler:

Kiran is right. GH is very, very enjoyable right now. I love the OLTL people, too. It's not a huge influx and so it works. It makes perfect sense to me that Todd would be attracted to Carly.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:16 pm

So it's not the Sonny show of doom? AUGH. I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO WATCH ALL THIS TV.

And I'm so happy with that spoiler. I might have to peep the show.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:16 pm

Gillian wrote:
The only thing I'm disliking on GH right now is the Lulu/Dante/Maxie storyline because it's going in such a predictably painful direction and I love those three more than anyone on the show so I hate seeing them sad.
I knoooowww. I don't read spoilers, and the last thing I saw was Maxie failing at telling Spinelli she lost the baby after they hooked up, but I don't see how this doesn't end with Maxie pregnant with Spinelli's baby (gross) and not telling Lulu and Dante about it for way too long. I can't watch it, especially because I really like 3/4 of the people involved (Spinelli can go looking for Jason and never come back).
Yep, this is exactly where I think it's going and I don't read spoilers either. I love the Lulu/Maxie friendship and am sad in advance about its destruction. Also hate Spinelli, so he can ride off into the sunset with Ellie, who could not be more obnoxious. They belong together - somewhere else, very far off-screen.

Speaking of that - what is the deal with this show creating such infantalized characters? I can't take people like Ellie and Spinelli seriously as adults, and now they've got Sabrina, whom I agree seems much younger than Patrick and therefore not an appealing match for him. The goofy Ugly Betty thing they're doing with her is just not working, though I do find the actress kinda charming. That may just be because I hate the Britt character and the actress so much - she absolutely cannot handle the medical jargon they make her say. You can really tell she has no idea what any of the words mean. It's like a kid doing Shakespeare. The sounds are right but the inflection is all off.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  sunni94 Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Lucy the Vampire Slayer is cracking me up! I love it.

Also:
Spoiler:

sunni94

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:54 pm

So are they going to play this like the whole of Port Charles was in Lucy's head? Cuz that's awesome. I never watched PC and was checked out of GH during that time too, so all of this is confusing to me.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:01 am

ugh, I'm pretty sure JMB is leaving/they're recasting Lulu. There's a casting call for a late 20s blonde and an audition script that is word for word a Lulu/Dante scene from last August.

Last edited by ulkis on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:48 pm

I'm still holding out hope it's Serena, both because I don't want to lose JMB, and because I'd love to have Serena back. Really I can't believe they still aren't casting for males in the 20-35 range. GH has dearth of those characters, and already has excess chick characters doing diddly, and I'd love to see anyone of the legacy boys who are off screen back: Lucky, Lucas, Tom Hardy Jr. C'mon!

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:33 am

Someone at DD (yes yes yes I know how reliable that place is) said that DZ read with 4 actresses today. So. Yeah. I just have a feeling in my gut. I know she's staying long enough to have scenes with Genie, so that's a plus at least.

'd love to see anyone of the legacy boys who are off screen back: Lucky, Lucas, Tom Hardy Jr. C'mon!

And Dillon!

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:55 pm

And Dillon!
Yes! I'd be fine with a recast, but I love Scott Clifton and it's just now occurring to me that I have no idea what he's up to nowadays. Is he still on whatever CBS soap he was on?

Another realization I just had is that I've been adding an extra "r" to Maurice Benard's name for my entire soap-watching life. Until this weekend, I thought his last name was Bernard. I feel dumb, and also I wonder what else my eyes have been tricking me about.

Anyway, yes, I would very much like to see Dillon back. I would also not be opposed to Frisco bringing a not!dead Georgie back with him whenever he returns.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 pm

I was really excited about having Dillon back when I thought Josh Kelly was still in play to recast with, but yes Clifton is now mired in Steffi-Hope hell, and he seems to relish being B&B's star attraction no matter how insipid the story is.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:07 pm

I'd love it if Georgie came back. She's a character who should never have died. Fuck Guza and his inability to send people to study abroad or move out of town.

And Gillian, I too thought it was Maurice Bernard. I just realized a few months ago Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Johnny Lee Miller are not the same person so this is par for the course for me.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm

I keep spelling it Bernard even though I know it's Benard. I always have to go back and correct myself, heh.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Ha. I think I always thought it was Bernard too. But I always refer to him as Mo or MB on soap boards so I don't type it out often.

The show has fallen into a serious EBB. I think January is typically a slow story month, but I think a lot of the uncertainty around PP is effecting Cartini's storytelling. I don't envy them their creative environment these last two years. The only good thing on yesterday's show was the three seconds of Carly/AJ at the end. The way he smirks at her and she reacts with false bravado to those smirks gives me the vapors.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm

What is PP?
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Prospect Park is the company that bought the rights to All My Children and One Life to Live from ABC. They had tapped out of the picture back in the fall, and suddenly sprung into action again a month ago. When GH brought on the three OLTL characters, they had to pay PP to use them. Now that PP appears to be making AMC/OLTL a going on line venture once again, they have the power to yank Starr/Todd/John off the air on GH.

It's still unknown what those characters status is going forward. The actors are all contracted to ABC though so it's anticipated it will be worked out somehow someway since Todd w/o Roger Howarth or John w/o Michael Easton doesn't seem optimal to the shows rebooting.

Cartini being super invested in the concept of using both OLTL/GH characters on the GH canvas (including more when the deal was set to expire in February like Blair, Tea, Natalie Banks-Buchanan, Clint, and Jack Manning) I think are really freaking out because now they won't get to do that, and might be shut out of any "new" OLTL too.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:30 pm

You guys, this Port Charles After Dark vampire stuff is cracking me up, but I mean, they're not really going in a supernatural direction, right? I watched Passions the first time around - I don't need to do it again.

Also, I feel like they're trying for a troubled, broody thing with this Rafe kid, but unfortunately, the actor is landing closer to "simple, possibly legally blind?"

I have definitely decided to just fast-forward through this Lulu & Maxie storyline until it's all over next year sometime. Sad because they're two of my favorites, but it just causes me anxiety to watch it. And now that Dr. Westbourne is forcing Maxie to do other mean things, it's even more frustrating. (That scene with Patrick catching Westbourne calling Emma a brat was cathartic though - I really like the actress who plays Emma, so I'm extra sympathetic to her.)
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Laura! That's all I watched for today and even though it was only a minute at the end it was worth it. Laura's back! Now if only Lucky would return. It'd have to be Jonathan Jackson, of course.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:29 am

Also, I feel like they're trying for a troubled, broody thing with this Rafe kid, but unfortunately, the actor is landing closer to "simple, possibly legally blind?"

Yes, he's not good.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  sunni94 Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Has Frisco always been this much of an asshat and I was too young to remember? He also talks like he needs to clear his throat. Who does he think he is, Batman?

So happy to see Laura! I've missed her and want JJ's Lucky back too. The Spencers can be a happy family again!

sunni94

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:07 pm

I've heard varying answers, but the consensus seems to be, "yes he was always a bit of a douche but the chem between him and Felicia made up for it."

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum