Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soap Operas

+19
Heather
Arabella
Jude
sunni94
Carrie Ann
filwdork
Never Enough
TiffanyNichelle
cathy51
LadyGayle
Cutebutpsycho
stephentrendy
big chicken
Swarley
ulkis
blixie
biakbiak
Gillian
Kiran
23 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Soap Operas - Page 6 Empty Re: Soap Operas

Post  Jude Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm

There are a lot of old Frisco and Felicia videos on YouTube, of the scenes when they first met and got together. I watched some the other night until I got kind of sick of them and had to quit. I had forgotten a lot of what had happened, but yeah...Frisco was pretty douchey (not to mention THE MULLET TO END ALL MULLETS!!) and Felicia was a spoiled brat (but SO pretty). I recommend watching at least a few of them for nostalgic purposes.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Carrie Ann wrote:Also, I feel like they're trying for a troubled, broody thing with this Rafe kid, but unfortunately, the actor is landing closer to "simple, possibly legally blind?"
Hate to quote myself here, but this idiot is talking to a woman who just identified herself as a nurse/nanny named Susan Moore but is still wearing a name badge that says something like "Belinda Pierce" and he just goes with it and hands over a baby.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Watching GH right now. I want more Lulu and Laura! More, more, more. I feel like this is the one relationship on the show that has so much potential and I would love to see it fleshed out. I have high hopes. (Knowing next to nothing about how long Genie Francis plans to be around.)

On another note, Lulu's dress is soooo pretty! I could not pull it off but I want it.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm

JMB is leaving. :( They're recasting Lulu.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Ugh. Well, this might take the sting out of this awful surrogacy storyline, since even if they get a great recast, I won't be as emotionally attached I don't think. Here's hoping they find someone good though (like they did with Maxie's not-so-temporary replacement last year).
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Same. Its probably a good movie for JMB though. I remember Nathan Fillion said Robert S. Woods took him aside and said that he had a good chance for a non soap career, but the longer he stayed on the less likely it would happen. JMB is really pretty, in a marketable way, and shes still very young and shes actually a good actress. She like many young soap actors can probably at least make it on abc family.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:28 pm

ulkis wrote:JMB is leaving. :( They're recasting Lulu.

This is sad, sad news. I really need to read soap opera gossip/news more often.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:23 pm

More GH news; Johnny/BB is out, and VM/IR are back in, at least for a couple of weeks, entertainment weekly said. Dare I hope this is the end of Kate/Connie? I can't stand her.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:29 pm

I loved Kate when she was played by Megan Ward so its really sad to me how far the character has fallen.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:05 pm

SoapNet has started its GH anniversary marathon and is currently showing the very first episode!

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:12 am

I have said it before and I will say it again, I don't understand why the soap producers don't get together and launch a website with old soap content the liscensing on it has to be shit because given the medium soap actors probably don't get residuals and certainly not anything for putting shot on the web and the songs that would cost are so few and far between quick and easy edits and I bet people would pay to have access to full episodes of old soaps!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:00 pm

This interview with Tony Geary, Jane Elliott, and Kin Shriner is priceless.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:33 pm

That is fabulous. I will say my biggest problem with all of these great veteran returns is the same one as it always is, the handling of Scott. Scott is one of my favorite characters of all time and they always reduce him to a Laura obsessed weirdo. Scott GOT OVER Laura. She was NOT the love of his life. Dominique was. He later was with Lucy for years. He had a cute relationship with Bobbie. Its weird and its annoying to have him hung up on someone he was married to for a year in his early 20s. They need to bring back Serena and have him interact more with Lucy and Bobbie. I mean, Jackie Zeman's face has...somewhat...settled...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:26 pm

I am in love with Flippers Roller Disco.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Watching Noah talk to Bobbie is uncomfortable - like something out of Brazil. Otherwise, loving 50th Anniversary GH.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:38 pm

'kay I've been super skeptical of Prospect Park's rejuvenating OLTL/AMC, but this new OLTL preview is blowing my mind! TnB as ever sucking me in on nothing but a shared look! Bo and Nora getting IT! Natalie and Cutter, making out and making my life! New Destiny looks like she might really be able to act as well as be really thin and beautiful. Dorian with Anna Wintour hair! Love the song too, and the way Viki is thead through the whole thing.

OTHO poor GH, the OLTL 3 are coming back as different/new characters. Your dealing with RKK's Stavros, and Frozen NuLu, relish, and Everyone Loves Sabrina. May the Force be with you.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Okay clearly I'm the only one still in obsessed with soaps. But I felt I had to share these AMAZEballs spoilery TnB gifs from the new OLTL. I know a lot of folks are geoblocked from Hulu and or iTunes. These scenes are OMFG, 20 years in the making kind of good for any hard core TnB fan.

Spoiler:

Oh and the rest of show is actually really good too so if you get OWN in Canadia check both AMC/OLTL out.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:20 pm

I am watching and loving but I am dreading Todd's inevitable departure for GH which imo has improved a lot in some arenas but omg wtf get out of Franco's ass its, not even James Franco's ass anymore what the hell GH?

Basically I wish he could just stay on OLTL.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:52 pm

I think Todd might be leaving OLTL but I'm pretty sure the character is not going back to GH. they're forbidden from even saying his name lol

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:06 pm

I meant roger howarth lol.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm not even worried that Roger is "leaving". I mean I AM, but more signs point to his contract being longer term and that he built the outs to tape OLTL into his GH contract. I just can't believe PP put Howarth in the credits and built this much story and crazy promotion up around him and Blair, to not have had some guarantee he will film again and be hardly missed.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Also, the GH team were the OLTL producers so I bet they're cool with letting him go back and forth. I doubt the PP OLTL taping schedule is as arduous. The only problems are that it's in Connecticut and GH tapes in LA, but whatever. They can deal.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Also, the GH team were the OLTL producers so I bet they're cool with letting him go back and forth. I doubt the PP OLTL taping schedule is as arduous. The only problems are that it's in Connecticut and GH tapes in LA, but whatever. They can deal.

They're not, unfortunately. PP wanted the crossovers, ABC objected to them, although I don't know if the GH producers objected too or if it was just the network. I don't know if this is widespread news but PP actually sued GH/ABC for trying to sabotage the OLTL characters/trying to keep them away from PP.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Oh GH, why do you have to make AJ grab Connie by the neck? I want to like AJ but pushing Elizabeth out of the way to run to Sonny's and yell at Connie is just.... fail AJ, fail.

Speaking of Sonny. Your girlfriend makes one mistake and you run off to see Olivia and tell her that maybe you made a mistake? You are a pig and you make me sick. You have no idea how much it pains me to say that either. Because I started watching GH in the Robin and Stone days and I just LOVED Sonny. I even was mostly indifferent during the glory days of the mob but at this point I just want to scream BE A BETTER PERSON at the television. You see that, you're making me yell at a fictional character.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 pm

BE A BETTER PERSON[
I think you mean BE A DOPER PERSON/Kayne!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum