Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soap Operas

+19
Heather
Arabella
Jude
sunni94
Carrie Ann
filwdork
Never Enough
TiffanyNichelle
cathy51
LadyGayle
Cutebutpsycho
stephentrendy
big chicken
Swarley
ulkis
blixie
biakbiak
Gillian
Kiran
23 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Soap Operas - Page 7 Empty Re: Soap Operas

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Well, this Maxie baby storyline is awful as I knew it would be, but it's actually a little worse and better at the same time without JMB as Lulu. It's better because I'm not as heartbroken as I would have been, but worse because my GOD did they turn Lulu into a shrew. Even before the baby was born, she has just been written as so hypercritical of Maxie. I understand her concerns, but she came across as selfish 99% of the time, even with the obligatory, "It's such an amazing thing you're doing, but..." Anyway, at least that helped me to root 100% for Maxie in this scenario. Kristen Storms has been excellent. Also, Britt's baby is definitely Dante and Lulu's, right? These baby storylines stress me out, so I just want all of this out in the open and resolved already.

Elsewhere in GH, I'm pretty surprised that they're going to go full villain with Morgan. I thought he would just be troubled and angsty, but nope. They couldn't make him less sympathetic if they tried. He's fully AJ Part 2 now.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Also, Britt's baby is definitely Dante and Lulu's, right?
That's what I keep saying. I suspect when they go looking for the second embryo it's going to be missing. DUN DUN DUN!

Morgan is just killing me. He's so laughably bad and stupid. I feel like they're writing him to be deliberately dumb as wood. Every time he calls Michael "Mikey" I want to throw something at my television. It sounds so forced and juvenile. But I admit, I cackled when Kiki and Michael found him in bed with Ava. I kind of love that all of these secrets aren't being kept for months. I mean, yes the baby thing we've known about for months but Maxie had the baby what? A month ago? And now the secret it out! It feels good.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:08 pm

Swarley wrote:
Also, Britt's baby is definitely Dante and Lulu's, right?
That's what I keep saying.  I suspect when they go looking for the second embryo it's going to be missing. DUN DUN DUN!

Morgan is just killing me.  He's so laughably bad and stupid.  I feel like they're writing him to be deliberately dumb as wood. Every time he calls Michael "Mikey" I want to throw something at my television. It sounds so forced and juvenile.  But I admit, I cackled when Kiki and Michael found him in bed with Ava.  I kind of love that all of these secrets aren't being kept for months.   I mean, yes the baby thing we've known about for months but Maxie had the baby what? A month ago?  And now the secret it out!  It feels good.
I love that too! I got back into GH in the last few years, and I've been pretty impressed with their efficiency with getting things done. It's a lot more rewarding than other soaps I've watched (or even GH from the early '00s).

I don't remember Morgan ever calling Michael "Mikey" when they were young, and it could not be more annoying now. He is dumb as a box of rocks, and capable of two moods: cocky or whiny. He's so tiresome.

The Britt thing became really obvious when they picked a blonde baby, and when Patrick or whomever said that he looked nothing like Brad, Nikolas responded that he looked nothing like Britt either.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Double posting because the Maxie/Lulu baby storyline has gotten so much worse. I cannot believe they've just gone straight for making Lulu a villain. I don't think they could have done this with JMB, because this character is just so hateful and hateable now. I don't understand why no one points out to Lulu or Dante that someday Connie will hate them for taking her away from her birth parents who loved, wanted, and were capable of caring for her. I really hope this doesn't get to the courtroom, because it's rage-inducing enough as is.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:47 pm

I don't understand why no one points out to Lulu or Dante that someday Connie will hate them for taking her away from her birth parents who loved, wanted, and were capable of caring for her.

I actually don't think Spixie are capable, heh. But I want them to get the baby because I don't particularly want Lante to raise baby Spixie. but besides that, Dante's actually been pretty torn these last two episode.

I'm actually glad Lulu's recast right now. I'd be so pissed off at this writing otherwise. I'm still definitely not sympathetic to Maxie either way. And I do think they would write Lulu this way if JMB were still here. It's not that makes me mad really, because Lulu is pretty obsessive, but I'm annoyed at how all of Maxie's relatives just let her slide. There was no, "dude, that was really fucked up on your part." They don't have to bludgeon her, but a little less "oh your heart was in the right place" would be nice.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:52 pm

I enjoy villain Morgan. I'm usually not into May/December flings, no matter the genders, but it's so different from all the other pairings on GH right now it's interesting to me. for a long time most GH couples are sweet, no tension pairings, which I like but thre should be some variety. And I think Brian Craig is a good actor and improving. And hot. I've always hated Micheal so that makes it easier for me. (he was always a sociopaths brat, and then I was annoyed they made him good out of nowhere and then just brushed all his craziness away. At least with Morgan? We see he's SUPPOSED to be a jerk/brat. Michael used to shoot people and everyone would be like, "poor kid! He just had such a hard time!") I would love Morgan and Ava basically being an evil power couple

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Well, damn. The last minute or so of GH today totally made me cry.

Also, I have to take a moment and express some genuine sympathy for the actress who plays Sabrina, because gaaaah. This is a grown-ass woman, and they write her like such a wack-a-doo teenager. How old is the character supposed to be? They write her like she should be hanging out with Michael and Morgan and whoever the hell Kristen Alderson is playing nowadays.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:47 pm

Side by side gifs of Robin/Ana reuniting when she was a kid and Robin/Emma reuniting today.

Last edited by biakbiak on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Yeah, that episode was bookended by tears. I cried at the Robin/Anna reunion too. Ack, that gif! Kimberley McCullough's face was so vulnerable; she looked just like she did as a little girl in that flashback. I love having all of these actors back together. So much history. And I love the little girl who plays Emma. She can be a little cutesy, but she puts a lot of personality into her role, and I always buy her emotions. More than I can say for 90% of soap children.

I think I complained about the young, silly Sabrina thing a year ago too (or whenever she was pining for Patrick while he slept with Britt). I really don't understand how old she's supposed to be. I would have guessed maybe 26, max? But then the guy who plays Carlos is 42, so.... I think they've tried to make her seem a little less silly, but she just doesn't seem like she belongs in the same room with KM or Jason Thompson. She still comes across as a lovestruck teen with him. Not an equal. It's kinda off-putting to watch, and even more so since KM returned.

Is Maxie going to run away from PC for awhile during Kristen Storms's maternity leave? This whole storyline is still very, very gross. Speaking of silly people who drive me crazy--Ellie! Go away, forever. But first, figure out that Britt's baby is Dante and Lulu's.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 am

She's 27, she said so earlier this year

The Emma/Robin reunion was good, just wish it was a tad less slo-mo-ey

I think you're gonna have your wish regarding Ellie. 99% she and Spin are leaving for good soon

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:40 am

She and Spinelli? Wonder how they'll deal with the Connie thing then?
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:10 am

Spinelli is finally leaving? Oh happy day! I've been waiting for that since the casting script for his character leaked years ago. I remember reading it thinking I won't like this stoner kid at all and I never did.

Ellie is annoying also.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Watching GH fairly regularly since Robin came back, why in the HELL didn't this show put Patrick and Sam together after Jason died? Doesn't that shit write itself? Wouldn't it have made way more sense than this ridiculous Sabrina character (who, if she's sticking around, needs to hook back up with this Carlos guy, because I only ever believe her as an adult human when she's bitching at him)? Their friendship scenes the past couple of weeks have been great, and I'd buy that triangle way more than whatever they're trying to force with Sabrina right now. Because, please. Robin or no Robin, there is no way Patrick doesn't cheat on this girl the instant he starts feeling more like himself.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  00redsvt Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:52 am

Rumors are abound that us Y&R fans will get the guy who plays Spinelli. Not looking forward to it. We already got that statue who played Jason.

00redsvt

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:35 am

Gillian wrote:Watching GH fairly regularly since Robin came back, why in the HELL didn't this show put Patrick and Sam together after Jason died?  Doesn't that shit write itself?  Wouldn't it have made way more sense than this ridiculous Sabrina character (who, if she's sticking around, needs to hook back up with this Carlos guy, because I only ever believe her as an adult human when she's bitching at him)?  Their friendship scenes the past couple of weeks have been great, and I'd buy that triangle way more than whatever they're trying to force with Sabrina right now.  Because, please.  Robin or no Robin, there is no way Patrick doesn't cheat on this girl the instant he starts feeling more like himself.

Because the producer is obsessed with repairing Kelly Monoco and Michael Easton

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:10 am

00redsvt wrote:Rumors are abound that us Y&R fans will get the guy who plays Spinelli. Not looking forward to it. We already got that statue who played Jason.
Oh no, I'm sorry. It's so nice to have a Spinelli-free GH for the time being.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:47 am

Go to hell Days of Our Lives. Go straight to hell. You are gross.

Thanks for letting me vent, y'all. I haven't watched GH since they broke up Jason and Elizabeth and then killed their kid. And now I'm done with Days. And soaps forever I guess. Sigh.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:03 am

Wait, what's happening on Days that you hate? I still catch that one pretty often, but I have a heavy fast-forward finger.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:27 am

EJ and Abby sleeping together. GROSS. Age difference, cheating on Sami the supposed love of his life with his brother's ex. GAH.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:58 am

My biggest problem with it is that Abby is SO BLAND. I would actually be interested in seeing EJ with that type of person (someone a little nicer/more innocent than Sami and Nicole, who are the only people I've ever seen him with), but she is just not it. I'm not a fan of the actress, and her character is little more than a cypher. When Chad and Cameron were fighting over her, I was like, "Aren't there any other women in town?" She is so boring. And yeah, it sucks that EJ would cheat on Sami. But it's obvious the show wants to break them up again.

Speaking of bland: New Will. :( He's really terrible.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:32 pm

Well, at least we are getting some good drama out of the Y&R debacle. It was good to see Billy make Adam cry like a little girl, karma taking people down all over the place.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  00redsvt Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:11 am

Y&R is boring me. Cane and Lily need to take their whiny brats and go on an extended vacation. Neil is pathetic. Did he really try and tell Leslie she didn't know what it was like to recite vows in a church? Hello Neil, how many times have you been married? Aside from losing one wife to a cliff, how'd those other marriages work out for ya, pal? Yeah, that's what I thought. Victor is literally the scum of the earth. He sleeves me out beyond belief. And I wish he would take his gaping like a fish DIL Chelsea and her little miracle Con baby away somewhere. NuOldBilly is not doing it for me. At all. I feel like a pedo watching him and Victoria together. Ick. I can binge on a weeks worth of episodes in record time these days. It's pathetic. I need a new hobby.

00redsvt

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:22 am

Dominic Zamprogna and the Lante baby . . . omg too friggin cute http://media2.whosaystatic.com/546197/546197_800wc.jpg

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:36 am

Oh God, that baby is so cute, and Dom isn't bad either.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  CindyMc Sun May 04, 2014 1:17 am

James Scott (EJ DiMera) gets drunk high and screws.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/05/02/soap-star-james-scott-quits-soap-opera-after-taking-hallucinogenics-in-peru

Seriously, EJ and Sami are gone? So am I, because there's no on left worth watching except Nicole, and the writers can't stop putting the screws to her.

CindyMc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum