Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soap Operas

+19
Heather
Arabella
Jude
sunni94
Carrie Ann
filwdork
Never Enough
TiffanyNichelle
cathy51
LadyGayle
Cutebutpsycho
stephentrendy
big chicken
Swarley
ulkis
blixie
biakbiak
Gillian
Kiran
23 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Soap Operas - Page 2 Empty Re: Soap Operas

Post  ulkis Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:58 am

Ha, you don't have to worry about that Gillian. Lucky's exit is lame. Because on GH, the men get to leave, the wimmins go crazy/die.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Does Lucky decide to live in that graveyard in Ireland so that he may communicate with Siobhan from beyond the grave for the rest of his life? I don't see why Siobhan couldn't have worked her wee folk magic in Port Charles--I'd be pissed if I was told to fly to another continent because they had something very important to tell me and that message turned out to be to fly home.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:57 pm

One Life To Live is also completely dead. Not at all surprising.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:44 am

Not surprising but still totally depressing given how much creative input Prospect Park was given into the "ending" of OLTL, and they chose to fuck with T&B the most, at the very least I hope these last two months are wall to wall Todd and Blair.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stephentrendy Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:19 pm

Anyone been watching Days lately? It's sometimes interesting and sometimes frustrating. Like, Maggie found out Daniel was her son and it was a BIG deal and they've kind of shuffled that to the backburner so that we get more Sami/EJ drama. Which makes no sense to me, because there's so much to deal with Daniel being related to Maggie and especially with Victor...sigh. This show always promises way more than it delivers.

Speaking of which, there was an interesting (and spoiler-y) article on TVGuide about Will Horton's new-ish storyline:
Link
Not sure how I'm feeling about waiting almost 3 months for some payoff from this summer, but whatever.

stephentrendy
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:42 am

I'm in the minority and think Nicole/EJ have more chemistry then Sami/EJ.

I am loving the veterans returns though. Matt Ashford is killing it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:46 pm

So the OLTL EP and HW are in at GH starting in January. I really do not know how I feel about this. Not good, really. I've never been able to get into OLTL, and at TWoP when I asked they said that the headwriter likes a) rape and b) insanity. My two least favorite tropes. But. On the other hand, Wolf has been REALLY not good. I HATE this Wyndemere crap he's started. So yeah. Basically it just sounds like jumping from a frying pan, not into the fire, but another frying pan.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Honestly with GH it will probably be an improvement. Not saying much but...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:55 pm

I wish they could have just hired Karen Harris or Michele Val Jean. Can't have a wimmins as headwriter I guess.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:24 am

I would say Ron Carlivati is like the little girl who had a little curl in the middle of her forehead, ergo when he's good, he's very VERY good, when he's bad, he's horrid! When he first started on OLTL and Frons/network were leaving him to his own devices he made some good solid soap. Then the writers strike got Fron's fingers back in the creative pot and RC was encouraged in his worst instincts as a writer.

He still has his moments now and then, but the show never recovered from him telling the same romantic rape storyline no less than THREE times. He's still telling it. UGH.

Having said that I do think RC/FV will be good for GH, I really don't see how as they could do worse, but fair warning, his favorite character on OLTL was Tea Delgado and she is for all intents and purposes Llanview's Carly Roberts. So I would worry that he's gonna latch on to that bitca and make her more insufferable than ever. That's if he's told he can't just have Florencia Lozano and Tea move to Port Charles.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:36 am

It's been YEARS since I watched OLTL, but can someone explain to me how the hell they got Roger Howarth back as Todd and the other dude as Todd? I'm confused and terrified. Also what's their status in relation to Blair?
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:49 am

Other dude was Todd's secret twin who was given plastic surgery and brainwashed into thinking he was Todd while Todd was kept hostage.

Other Todd married Blair and loved her, but his one true love was probably Tea. Real Todd's one true love is Blair.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:53 am

And other Todd, or Victor Lord Jr. is "dead" correct? Quotes because even though it's ending it's still a soap.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:05 am

Yes. And I think the quotes apply.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:36 am

The best part of the completely campy Two Todd's story was the revelation that Victor Jr was "special".

Also what's their status in relation to Blair?

In terms of Roger Howarth, aka The Really Real Todd, he is where he always is in relation to his One True Babe, doing everything in his power to be with her including lying, cheating, and killing (although again Special Vic probably isn't actually dead, and Todd only thinks he killed him). I do love my fucked up twosome. SIGH, Roger and Kassie doing that thing they do.

And I was totally keeping my shit together about the really for real cancellation until I saw this Kassie DePaiva post. However weird it is for actors do look at their own work in primetime soaps it is probably even more weird, especially if you've been at it as long as Kassie has, to go back and see yourself as you were 17 years ago playing that same character. I tells ya the real money in an online soap network is getting the rights to the soap back catalogs, youtube is great since it's uh free, but I'd be willing to pay for full episodes or even edited packages of stories that I could access on a website.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:51 am

So I would worry that he's gonna latch on to that bitca and make her more insufferable than ever.

I'd make the obvious statement but fear it will be taken as a challege.

I tells ya the real money in an online soap network is getting the rights to the soap back catalogs, youtube is great since it's uh free, but I'd be willing to pay for full episodes or even edited packages of stories that I could access on a website.

Everything I've ever read about Mason/Julia from Santa Barbara tells me I'd love them. That's my one soap regret--I never got a chance to watch Santa Barbara when it was winning all the awards.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks for the link Blixie -- I seriously love Roger and Kassie together. That version of Todd and Blair are my OTP. And I love how he interacts with Vicki. If there was a way to have Todd and Blair, on the road, grifting the fuck out of everyone, I'd watch the hell out of that.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Brian Frons out as of January. Color me not surprised, and it's why I will always believe he was hired to kill off the soaps, as that is exactly what he did, and now the entire Daytime division has been eaten by Series and Specials. Between this and the move of RC/FV I think GH has been given it's end date. I'm glad KMC decide to leave early, on her terms.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Excuse me for being three months late and possibly some of that was DENIAL but JFP/GH seriously fucking fired Lexi Ainsworth? And they did this supposedly to SORAS her for Ethina, because the entire reason Ethina worked at all wasn't because of the sparkling chemistry between Nathan and Lexi? It's like the people running soap operas have encephalitic brain damage, Ethina were a couple that was TWO YEARS in the making, built almost entirely on chemistry and NOW Lexi is too young, now when both actor/character are of age? Just WHAT? God forbid the fans get to have any nice things ever. Shit, now I'm stuck with youtubes of a mighta coulda been great couple. Dammit!

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:31 pm

I was totally for Ethina, but . . . the audience was pretty split down the middle over Lexi's looks, from my observations. I think the stupidest mistake was the ridiculous storyline they placed Ethan in instead of recasting already.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:16 pm

They...made me uncomfortable. I liked their chemistry, but in all honesty they made me uncomfortable. Which I know is fully in my head, but I kept hoping she'd age at some point in those two years and she didn't.

Nathon Parsons is leaving so I am fairly sure Ethina was scrapped altogether.

I am actually in the minority in that I thought she had better (equally uncomfortable) chemistry with Brandon Barash.

Shes a talented actress though and Kiefer is on ABC Family and I can see her ending up there too.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Molly/Hailey Pullos showed up on the show yesterday looking beautiful and scarily like Lexi Ainsworth. Too bad she's only 13, she probably would have made a good recast!

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Molly/Hailey Pullos showed up on the show yesterday looking beautiful and scarily like Lexi Ainsworth

This factored into my denial since it's not like I watch GH regularly (hell I'm pretty much down to youtube edits for all the soaps), but I watched yesterday and was like see silly rabbits *there she is*, it's crazy how much the two actresses looked related, and now alike.

NP and LA are only three years apart, so it didn't bother me, they're chemistry was just so damn *sparkly* and sweet. But then I do like those kinds of slightly inappropriate chemistry things (Hi Starr/Schyler, and just the other day Rick/Starr).

I did like Kristina with Johnny as well, and as part of the Davis' girls Coven, I just think it's a huge waste of a wonderful actress, who was a bright spot in a very very dim dark dull canvas.

I also only just realized yesterday how much NP looks like JJ. Weird, I didn't see it before JJ showed up looking grungy skeevy this round.

In OLTL news, holy shit, Andrew Trischatta didn't suck when confronting Gigi and expressing genuine contrition. It was hard to watch that episode since you could see the stories being set up for PP, including Kimmie/Cutter/Alex! Sniff, so many stories left to tell.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:40 pm

So, I wonder if Rex and Gigi on OLTL getting married was incredibly awkward for John-Paul Lavoisier, heh.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:37 pm

Did he and Farah Fath break up?

I'm still pissed about how they wrote Jonathan Jackson of GH. Why does Lucky have to be a kids-abandoning asshole? I'd almost rather he was kidnapped by Helena again.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum