Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies at Home

+95
Shadowlass
draco vulgaris
ariadne
bosoxgirl
Wildog27
PineappleGirl
Coneycat
Poubelle
big chicken
Grainne Mhaol
salamandersam
Raised by wolves
wenchsenior
sen3
puddingcup
PrincessCleo
Never Enough
Bad Username
dreago
Escape
mandalaya
UmaOprah
chibimanda
Fiammetta
Carrie Ann
jensa
Swarley
Luthien
darthtall
pamchenko
ActonBell
FiggyPudding
Agent Sculder
Jamie
Tabby
Raksha
ulkis
epudom
mrinsouciance
The Dude
Menshevixen
Snarryfan
swsa
Matinee
MaddyCat
Jude
Gillian
Miss Moneypenny
xyzzy
TiffanyNichelle
Cutebutpsycho
biakbiak
themis
truecrystal
Corellderaan
RiverThames
tothemax
Eris Rising
laurelin_kit
rivki8699
mokey75
jaraga
Instant Monkeys
Paris, Texas
Kiran
Auroura76
Gallifrey Girl
killershrew
QueenSix
punzy
bbridges
caltrask55
sagitare
Red Wolf
laddical
nikita
Algae
Rhilin
Binky
choubetcha
naughty zoot
mayram
inversed
Unlucky Bear
curryalley
whatthedeuce
BreezyK
Morning Angel
Cynara
eventide82
jcpdiesel21
queenofdenile
blixie
katesti
Putli Bai
99 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Movies at Home - Page 5 Empty Re: Movies at Home

Post  tothemax Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:20 pm

The Lion King on Bluray was spectacular, though of course it wasn't nearly as good as the best movie ever made, Beauty and the Beast, though my friends called me crazy for speaking the truth.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:12 pm

I love both but The Beauty and The Beast is better.

My favorite is The Little Mermaid, though.

I watched Never Let Me Go again with some friends. I love the book and had watched it in theatres and really still like it. Its a very good adaptation, if incredibly depressing.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Kiran wrote:I watched Never Let Me Go again with some friends. I love the book and had watched it in theatres and really still like it. Its a very good adaptation, if incredibly depressing.
I made my husband watch that movie months ago, and he found it so depressing, he still hasn't forgiven me.
(I did, however, think it was a really good adaptation of a very depressing book. So at least I was prepared.)
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:47 pm

Yes. I also loved all the performances. Carey Mulligan was really good, Andrew Garfield was heartbreaking, and I will fully admit I irrationally love Keira Knightley and it was fun to see her do a character she doesn't normally do.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:51 pm

While Mr. Shrew was at the auto body shop and the Shrewette was at school today, I watched Dead Silence. As a film it was pretty ho-hum apart from Donnie Wahlberg's amusing weirdo performance, but it was full of ventriloquist dummies, which amped up the creep factor considerably. The funny part was that everyone was toting the dummies around everywhere without anyone thinking there was anything potentially sinister about any of them. Idiots.

I also started watching David Cronenberg's Spider, but had to stop when the Shrewette got home. So far I have no idea what's going to happen, but Ralph Fiennes is acting the shit out of his role.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:51 pm

mokey75 wrote:
Kiran wrote:I watched Never Let Me Go again with some friends. I love the book and had watched it in theatres and really still like it. Its a very good adaptation, if incredibly depressing.
I made my husband watch that movie months ago, and he found it so depressing, he still hasn't forgiven me.
(I did, however, think it was a really good adaptation of a very depressing book. So at least I was prepared.)

We should get your husband and my wife together. It was about six months ago, and I still hear about "that horrible movie with Keira you made us watch."
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm watching The Stand which is as enjoyable as I remember from back in the day. It has the most delightfully random cast - Gary Sinise, Joe Bob Briggs, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kathy Bates, Ed Harris and Rob Lowe, looking more like Chad than himself half the time.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm watching Oliver And Company. I feel like we all have a minor Disney movie that we inexplicably adore and this one has always been mine. Although the opening still makes me unreasonably distraught. ITS RAINING. ITS DARK. WHY DON'T YOU TAKE THE KITTY IN FOR THE NIGHT AND PUT YOUR SALE BOX OUT AGAIN TOMORROW?

This is also why I am not ever able to listen to Me and Lil Andy or read or watch any version of the Little Matchstick Girl.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Corellderaan Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:51 am

Watching Dinner for Schmucks and oh dear lord is this painful. Please make it stop!!

Corellderaan

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:46 pm

The Adjustment Bureau (or as I always thought of it, Inception on a Dime) was not good for a bunch of reasons, but mostly because there was not enough plot or story. That said, I have to hand it to the entire cast because I really believed those characters. And I was more emotionally invested in the Matt Damon/Emily Blunt love story in its almost ridiculous simplicity than I was in the complex tragedy of Leo DiCaprio/Marion Cotillard. I also believe I could watch Anthony Mackie and John Slattery just walk around in jaunty hats all day. Anthony Mackie is for reals sexy and charismatic. Why does he not work ALL THE TIME? And John Slattery >>>>> Jon Hamm as far as I'm concerned.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Last night I watched this year's remake of Fright Night and it was FANTASTIC. The people behind the remake took everything that I enjoyed about the original and amped it up even more, and then took everything else that didn't quite work and made it better. The story was stronger and tighter, I liked the additional characters (and Chris Sarandon's cameo was a hoot), and the scary moments were genuinely frightening and gruesome. Colin Farrell was excellent as Jerry; I wish that Hollywood would stop trying to make him the next action hero, because while he's fine in these roles, he really excels and pops onscreen in something with more edge and humor. David Tennant stole every scene he was in and was so much fun.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:58 pm

truecrystal wrote:I also believe I could watch Anthony Mackie and John Slattery just walk around in jaunty hats all day. Anthony Mackie is for reals sexy and charismatic. Why does he not work ALL THE TIME? And John Slattery >>>>> Jon Hamm as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with everything you said about this movie but especially this. I loved these two and Anthony Mackie is just great in everything, he should be starring in so many movies it isn't even funny. I feel like there was a better movie in The Adjustment Bureau but I don't know what it would be.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:20 pm

jcpdiedel21, trying to put aside my enormous David Tennant half naked wearing guyliner bias regarding Fright Night, I too think it was a fun film. I am a total wimp for horror movies, and found it scary enough to be enjoyable, but not so scary that I'm thinking about it later. And a bit gory, but not enough that I missed half the movie hiding my eyes from potential yucky stuff. It had some scares, some laughs, and some good effects. Colin Farrell was good, and I totally forgot he had an accent until I watched the bloopers.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Oooh different strokes, Tennant was fun but I though Fright Night was otherwise terrible. I kind of hated it and I thought Farrell was the major problem. Chris Sarandon just reminded me how much better the first one was.

I watched A Somewhat Gentle Man which was very funny, and has a great performance from Stellan Skarsgard that is notable for him NOT being kind of an evil smug ass, and more haplessly hilarious. I mean he has a ponytail to envy my dads and that made me laugh really hard.

I did also recently watch Adjustment Bureau and found it pretty silly, though someone pointed to me out that it was very similar to Dark City in the one aspect of the plot/premise, and DC did it SO much better.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Watched Red Riding Hood last night. That was...not good. Not good at all. Like it was written by a computer programmed to generate a paranormal romance aimed at tweens. Though it was nice to see my back in the day crush on Lucas Haas is still intact.

Not a good weekend for movies at home. I watched the 2011 Jane Eyre on Friday, and (as with the book) spent the second half of the movie calling Jane an idiot. Even Michael Fassbender can't save Rochester from being a creepy bastard. That is not a love story!

Sadly, things don't look to improve, because Sucker Punch is on its way. I'm sure I won't find anything to grinch at in that movie. [/eyeroll]
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:57 am

I watched Stake Land last night and wow it was so good. like a favorite of the year good. A great little indie horror film about a vampire/zombie hybrid apocolypse, and a sage slayer and his teenaged Grasshopper, played by Connor Paolo, aka Starr's Hobbit Boyfriend who I will love forever.

It's reminiscent of a lot of other things for me including Cormack McCarthy's The Road, a more serious and thoughtful Zombieland, and the lovely soundtrack repeatedly reminded me of Serenity. Also OMG Sean Nelson, where have you been?! Please act moar, you are every bit as awesome as I remember you being!

I was though a little bit distracted by how much Danielle Harris looks like Lacey Chabert to the point where I was all CLAUDIA run, RUN!

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:14 pm

The Hangover 2. Somehow, despite having zero good expectations for it, it still sucked. I didn't even chuckle until
Spoiler:
and that was like an hour and 40 minutes in. Bleh.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Sucker Punch may be the stupidest movie I've ever sat all the way through. I'm still not sure why I didn't turn it off.

The Adjustment Bureau confused me, because for the first two-thirds of the movie, I'm pretty sure I was rooting for the wrong side.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  themis Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:19 pm

jcpdiesel21 wrote:Last night I watched this year's remake of Fright Night and it was FANTASTIC. The people behind the remake took everything that I enjoyed about the original and amped it up even more, and then took everything else that didn't quite work and made it better. The story was stronger and tighter, I liked the additional characters (and Chris Sarandon's cameo was a hoot), and the scary moments were genuinely frightening and gruesome. Colin Farrell was excellent as Jerry; I wish that Hollywood would stop trying to make him the next action hero, because while he's fine in these roles, he really excels and pops onscreen in something with more edge and humor. David Tennant stole every scene he was in and was so much fun.

I saw them both, too, and I liked the reboot as well. Colin Farrell's the first vampire in decades I've found dead sexy. A good ride and a very appealing cast all around. I could tell it was a Marti Noxon story, it got pretty Buffy-esque, but I didn't mind so much.

Where was Chris Sarandon, how did I miss him-?

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:15 pm

mokey75, I watched that movie drunk in a theater and still thought it was horribly unfunny. I didn't love the first one, but it was a riot compared to the sequel!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:45 am

Where was Chris Sarandon, how did I miss him-?

He's the guy who rear-ends the trio and then gets eaten by Jerry. He was rocking a very gray goatee, so he was looking more like Aged Humperdinck than Original Flavor Jerry.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Attack the Block was violent, gross and scary yet ultimately smart and enjoyable.

We saw it last night and I totally agree. I really enjoyed it and thought the performances of all the kids were fantastic.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:56 pm

Midnight in Paris was charming and fun. I wanted to give Owen Wilson a hug during the entire movie. I took a Hemingway and Fitzgerald class for English in high school, so I was tickled by the actors' portrayals of these literary greats. Corey Stoll in particular was wonderfully gruff as Hemingway, and Adrien Brody was enjoyable as Dali as well. I was familiar with many of the people that Gil ran into during his late night journeys, but a few names were didn't ring a bell to me; I feel like if I knew more of them my enjoyment of the movie would have increased exponentially.

Margin Call was good, but I had a little trouble following what was happening since I find financial matters incredibly confusing. Also, this was a terrible movie to watch while tired. I may have fallen asleep occasionally, which probably aided the confusion.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:21 am

Last night I saw Hot Tub Time Machine with my sister, her husband and my husband. It was impressively a good homage to the 80's movies John Cusack did. He even played the same dude. It was awesome.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:52 am

Cutebutpsycho wrote:Last night I saw Hot Tub Time Machine with my sister, her husband and my husband. It was impressively a good homage to the 80's movies John Cusack did. He even played the same dude. It was awesome.

I saw that in the theaters, I thought it was pretty funny and did a better job of incorporating 80s stuff over Take Me Home Tonight which was just bad.

Plus Zabka!
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next