Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

+64
naughty zoot
Gillian
katesti
Muggsy
darthtall
DarkSpork
Matinee
particle_person
Algae
nazlan
blixie
Coneycat
Swarley
Bad Username
Poubelle
nikita
Instant Monkeys
SarahJanet
Eris Rising
Rhilin
MtOlivePickles
Carrie Ann
sen3
jstilwe
Shalamar
PrincessCleo
Cynara
bookworm
Agent Sculder
dionneshea
Melk
epudom
punzy
pizzagirl20
swsa
Kiran
TiffanyNichelle
QueenSix
BrightEyes
Cutebutpsycho
Escape
Putli Bai
Unlucky Bear
sagitare
Wildog27
Binky
Snarryfan
biakbiak
mandalaya
ActonBell
vwlphb
bbridges
oxymoron
rivki8699
Red Wolf
ulkis
Fiammetta
Raksha
The Dude
RiverThames
Menshevixen
Skyblade
Miss Moneypenny
laddical
68 posters

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 21 Empty Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post  The Dude Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:54 pm

I Could go for Tricia Helfer since she's my celebrity birthday buddy.

I'm happy with announcements, but they are leaving money on the table not doing a Black Widow movie.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:07 pm

I think Benedict Cumberbatch has been rumored for a while for Dr. Strange (along with a bunch of other actors).  I'm a fan of his, but I'd rather NOT see him take the part.  I think he'd make a fine Dr. Strange, but I think there are plenty of other actors who could play the part as well.  Kevin Feige says the part has not been cast yet (otherwise it would ahve been announced today), so I tend to think it's still up in the air.

I'd heard that Joaquin Phoenix mostly balked at the idea of signing a contract for something like nine films.  I can totally see how there is no way in HELL he would agree to something like that.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:22 pm

I was watching a commentary on the Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer that surmised that the reason they may not be announcing a Black Widow movie is that ScarJo probably has the next several years of projects booked and it may be a matter of timing. She is super in demand right now and it may be her and Marvel trying to slot that project into a schedule that is filling up.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:29 am

Snarryfan wrote:I was watching a commentary on the Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer that surmised that the reason they may not be announcing a Black Widow movie is that ScarJo probably has the next several years of projects booked and it may be a matter of timing.  She is super in demand right now and it may be her and Marvel trying to slot that project into a schedule that is filling up.

Not to mention that being about to give birth/having given birth (eh, I'm too lazy to check), she's probably not too keen to sign up to lead an action movie right now.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:17 am

I don't dislike Benedict Cumberbatch but I am just. So. Tired. Of him being rumored for every big Hollywood franchise. It seems like a big failure of imagination on the part of casting directors.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:25 am

Yeah, that's the thing, in addition to another white dude face. If it were four years ago, Cumberbatch might have been an exciting casting option, but now it's just expected and boring. I still love the guy as an actor, and I'm sure if he gets it, he'll do a great job, but it's going to just make me shrug and continue to wait for the Captain Marvel casting announcement.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:49 am

In a weird way, Dr. Strange is a Marvel hero where his whiteness actually is an intrinsic part of his character, but only in the sense that it perpetuates the racist tropes of "Asia is a magical, mysterious place, but when they teach their magical secrets to a white guy, he's THE BEST EVER at it." (The same could be said for Iron Fist.) So, yeah, maybe finding someone other than a white guy to play Dr. Strange would be a good thing.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:24 pm

We've got an Infinity Gauntlet!!!!!!!!!!

eta: The Avengers Tower party scene leading into the previous trailer.

I love the way Thor's face just drops when he hears Mjolnir squeak when Steve tries. I think Steve could have picked it up, but didn't want to make Tony and Rhodey feel bad. "Are we even pulling?"

It could be a subtle joke, it could be Chekov's gun. I don't think it's a stretch to expect that at some point in Act Three, Cap is going to have to pick up Mjolnir.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:35 pm

The Hollywood Reporter quoting comicsalliance pointed out:
"If Marvel makes Thor 3 [as its first 2017 release], it will have made ten movies headlined by blond white men named Chris before it makes one movie headlined by someone who isn’t even white." While not besmirching the talent or integrity of Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pratt, that’s taking lack of diversity to admirably comic levels.

ETA: properly attributing the quoted part.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:32 pm

In Marvel's... well, defense... who else, *ever*, has put out this many interconnected movies this rapidly? I'm not saying they don't need diversity. They really, really do. I'm very disappointed that it took them this long to announce Black Panther and Captain Marvel. But Marvel is not somehow *worse* than any other studio where diversity is concerned - they just have a smaller, more focused output which makes it more noticeable. The fact that three of their leads are white blonde guys named Chris makes a good joke but it's not somehow emblematic of Marvel or Kevin Feige being any more anti-diversity than any other studio that has risks to manage that still buys into the "action movies need white guys to succeed financially" mindset.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:47 pm

I mean, I don't think it's that egregious that there will be three Captain America and Thor movies before Carol Danvers gets one. Keep in mind, it was only two years ago that people were really, really getting into the character. (I mean, I guess as opposed to Ant Man, who's still counting...) But yeah, it's gonna take a few years--that's how long movies take to make. (If you do them right) Even Green Lantern, who's like, emblematic of white privilege superheroes, took sixty years to make it to the big screen. Not that Marvel shouldn't have been called out for a lack of diversity in their headliners, just that a lot of these white guys took quite a long time to get to the screen as it is. Also, this means comic fans have something fresh to look forward to in 2018, besides a third reboot of Spider-Man.

Last edited by Skyblade on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:59 pm

And points to DC for announcing some diversity in the line-up first. But they have one movie under their belts "in universe" that is very divisive amongst fans, and a history of garbage for anything not Batman (and some Batman) unless you go all the way back to '81 (if you consider Superman II a good movie). And not garbage that they can blame other studios for, like Marvel. Announcing a movie is easy, but so far there's nothing done on any movie that isn't Batman v Superman: Justice Boogaloo that can't be scrapped in a heartbeat.

Marvel, at least, has the infrastructure in place that makes me believe we will see Black Panther and Captain Marvel on the dates announced yesterday. But Warner Bros. couldn't even settle on a release date for BvS until halfway through shooting and then they changed it to get out of Marvel's way. So... DC gets props for one-upping Marvel in the press release department. Marvel's still the one I'm expecting to actually produce something.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:08 pm

Though I wonder if DC rushed to release those things because they had gotten wind of Marvel's Phase III plans and wanted to get ahead of them.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:05 pm

All right, people, it's happened:

The Cumberbatch IS Doctor Strange

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm just glad it's over.

Now. Who's playing Captain Marvel?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  nazlan Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:26 pm

Katee Sackhoff or I will compose some strongly worded letters.
nazlan
nazlan

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:40 pm

nazlan wrote:Katee Sackhoff or I will compose some strongly worded letters.

I concur, but I am willing to accept Natalie Dormer with minimal argument.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:07 am

I like both of those and also the Emily Blunt thought I've seen kicked around.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:08 am

So would we be saying that Carol's grandmother served in the SSR where she got briefly inappropriate with Captain America? Or do you really expect me to believe that those two women just randomly look alike?

(That's in response to the Natalie Dormer suggestion)
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:03 pm

It's based on comics. Most of the women look alike.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:14 pm

And no one seems to have any trouble believing Steve Rogers and Johnny Storm look suspiciously alike, either.

(That said, I find Dormer smirky and one-note and am NOT rooting for her for CM.)
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:41 am

So I was just watching Cap 2. This is really shallow, but it's bothering me. Scarlett's MCU hair. Wig or dye? I suspect wig, but I'm not sure. Related, when Steve takes his helmet off, he's got hat hair. It's a nice little realistic touch. And colour aside, Peggy has the most lustrous old-person hair ever. Yeah, I seem to be all about the hair tonight.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Nat's hair is like my big sticking point, but not the same way. When they hide out at Sam's, she's gingerly towelling it dry and you can see it starting to kink and wave a little. Then we cut to the dining room and it's dry and perfectly straight.

WHERE DID SHE FIND A FLATIRON IN THE APARTMENT OF A MAN WHO KEEPS HIS HEAD SHAVED?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Red Wolf wrote:So I was just watching Cap 2. This is really shallow, but it's bothering me. Scarlett's MCU hair. Wig or dye? I suspect wig, but I'm not sure. Related, when Steve takes his helmet off, he's got hat hair. It's a nice little realistic touch. And colour aside, Peggy has the most lustrous old-person hair ever. Yeah, I seem to be all about the hair tonight.

Definitely a wig (a really, really bad wig). She was blonde in appearances during filming. Pretty sure it was a wig for IM2, then dyed for Avengers, and a wig again for AoU.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Thanks, Moneypenny. That makes sense. Laddical, I noticed that too. Funny yet puzzling. :)

Also, if Natasha was born in 1984, how could she have been a Soviet agent? Perhaps the USSR lasted longer in the MCU.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next