Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

+72
lil d
Decca
Bad Username
Miss Moneypenny
mandalaya
Genevieve
MichiSichi
Kookla
themis
Poubelle
tiller
Tabby
particle_person
BrightEyes
maxell131313
eco
slmader
Never Enough
Snarryfan
LadyGayle
rivki8699
Fraoch
Instant Monkeys
blixie
puddingcup
Unlucky Bear
mokey75
Melk
The Dude
katesti
Eris Rising
year of the cat
Carrie Ann
grayel
Agent Sculder
TiffanyNichelle
ActonBell
Grainne Mhaol
Raised by wolves
eventide82
The Glen
big chicken
mialoubug
mayram
QueenSix
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Coneycat
Lily Rose
bookworm
Matinee
naughty zoot
Raksha
Red Wolf
Putli Bai
sagitare
Sheli
Gilraen
Paris, Texas
GoodbyeWithWords
Binky
laddical
Jude
Gillian
biakbiak
dinahmoe
Crowbridge
Arabella
Morning Angel
Cynara
emrie
whatthedeuce
76 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 9 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  themis Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:37 pm

I like it, too, but my bias is that my name was definitely a man's name up until about the 70s; if I meet people of the previous generation with my name, they are all male. But at my age and younger, all very female. Names change and evolve over time, they always have. I can't get all freaked out over a child having an uncommon name. Better than being one of six so-and-sos in every group you're ever placed in, that's for sure.

themis

Back to top Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 9 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  Kookla Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Wow. Some names are gender neutral. Wyatt is not one of those names. They might as well have called her Dave.
Ha! I agree. I super duper hate it. It is not gender neutral - it's a boy's name.

Kookla

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:22 pm

I don't hate Wyatt, but I don't really love it either.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:19 am

I expected them to go with a more normal name.
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:56 am

It is a perfectly normal name - for a boy.

But, whatever. I don't like it, but I don't hate it, either. I actually expected something a whole lot weirder.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:33 am

I am just delighted they picked an actual name, instead of making up something terrible or just stringing words together (*cough Blue Ivy cough*).
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds expecting their first child.

Congratulations to them! I sort of like Blake Lively, though I'm not sure why exactly.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:40 pm

That's gonna be an alarmingly pretty blonde child.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:44 pm

Jude wrote:Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds expecting their first child.

Congratulations to them! I sort of like Blake Lively, though I'm not sure why exactly.

I like her, too. She may not be the world's greatest actress, but every interview I see with her makes me like her a little bit more. I think she has lovely charisma. Congrats to them!
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Blake is my third favorite of the Lively family, but that is going to be a pretty child. Plus, I imagine between this and her blog she won't be doing anymore acting so that is a plus.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:14 pm

I loved Celebrity Gossip, Academic Style's claim that the child's name will be "Beige".
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:18 pm

heir and a spare and she is out of there.
Princess Charlene is going to get her freedom. And some babies too.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:33 pm

To return to the Lively Reynolds offspring briefly, I chortled when I read that she's "safely out of her first trimester" - no kidding! Especially given that this is her first going-to-term pregnancy (that we know of), she's probably well into her second tri now, based on that silhouette! Anyway, I have zero attachment to her but I'm happy for her, since she seems happy.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:56 am

I completely missed that a) Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen were still together (I thought they broke up a while ago) and b) they are expecting a baby fairly soon. Did other people know about this?
eventide82
eventide82

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:28 pm

Gosling baby name revealed: Esmeralda Amada Gosling

It doesn't really flow, but maybe they're going to call her Esme. (Not Reneesme.)
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Not a fan of that name at all.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:53 pm

I think Esmeralda is a very pretty name, but I have to admit it doesn't flow well with Gosling. I think Gosling might just be a not particularly attractive name, though.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:09 pm

I love the name Esme, I hope they go with that for every day.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:11 am

punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:40 am

With those two as parents, that kid will have an awesome sense of humor!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:32 pm

Robert Downey Jr has a daughter, Avri Roel. It sounds like a place, so it goes with his other kids' names Indio and Exton. Could be worse for a kre8tivlee spelled/made up hybrid.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:47 pm

I thought it was an alternate spelling for Avery, but apparently it's a Hebrew name.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:25 am

Rachel Bilson had a baby girl last week, named Briar Rose.
eventide82
eventide82

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:00 am

Briar Rose. I like the name but I've never seen it outside the fairytale.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:13 am

Yeah, it strikes me as kinda strange because it's a fairytale character's name, andBriar just sounds like a weird name when said in isolation, IMO. If they always say her whole name, it sounds longish but not so weird.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next