Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychotic Fans

+117
emrie
maxell131313
naughty zoot
CindyMc
Mulva
Snarker
DaenarysQueenoftheYumYums
chibimanda
Sheli
LadyGayle
Raised by wolves
Nerg
Tabby
katbeth
SarahJanet
Gallifrey Girl
Carrie Ann
Jessica
eco
mokey75
punkysdilemma
greensock
Swarley
mayram
BloozyTunes
Lis
Matinee
Never Enough
oxymoron
Lily Rose
Jude
vwlphb
Skyblade
Melk
Gillian
Arabella
xyzzy
Dachelle
easybreezy
dionneshea
Escape
mandalaya
Grainne Mhaol
The Dude
VictorLaszlo
puddingcup
nazlan
Agent Sculder
salamandersam
Red Wolf
Kookla
Bob Genghis Khan
Renny Sue
Corvus
Wildog27
Coneycat
Menshevixen
dinahmoe
darthtall
sen3
mozzarella
slmader
Charishawk
Jasmine
queenofdenile
QueenSix
Decca
allochthonous
TiffanyNichelle
punzy
Binky
MtOlivePickles
Cutebutpsycho
Morning Angel
ulkis
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
Kiran
Eris Rising
bookworm
Miss Moneypenny
preciosa
gannetguts
Scarlettfish
ActonBell
Luthien
inversed
Raksha
year of the cat
Unlucky Bear
particle_person
VodouDoll
demgirl
bbridges
curryalley
sagitare
YanaMei
laddical
mrinsouciance
NewYorkStranger
dreago
PrincessCleo
The Glen
blixie
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
whatthedeuce
Cynara
SelfAmused
Esseilte
Rhilin
swsa
Putli Bai
blooey
big chicken
Poubelle
Gilraen
121 posters

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

Psychotic Fans - Page 10 Empty Re: Psychotic Fans

Post  Escape Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:45 am

A little psychotic fan, a little sad. A woman was hit and killed in front of the San Diego Convention Center yesterday. The reported reason she got hit by the car? She was running across the street against the light to secure her place in line for the Twilight panel that is at SDCC. The panel is on thursday morning.

I mean, it's sad.... but really?

Last edited by Escape on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Escape
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Escape wrote:A little psychotic fan, a little sad. A woman was hit and killed in front of the San Diego Convention Center yesterday. The reported reason she got hit by the car? She was running across the street against the light to secure her place in line for the Twilight panel that is at SDCC. On thursday morning.

I mean, it's sad.... but really?

That is a series of extremely poor life choices is what that is. Also: this was not a girl. This was a 53-year-old woman who really should have known that running into traffic is generally a bad idea.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:49 pm

This whole thing is just so sad. I'm a little pissed at people who turned it into a joke against Twilight fans and I'm also pissed at the people saying it's Comic Con's fault. No one told these people to start camping out days before the Con. Comic Con shouldn't have to pay for extra security to come out three days before hand because a bunch of people started camping out on Sunday for something that doesn't happen until Thursday.

I always joke that there's nothing worth losing my life over just to get across the street five seconds faster but jeez, keeping a spot in line when it's likely that the people in line with you would have kept your spot is definitely on the list of "not worth it."

But still that poor woman and her family.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Escape Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:05 pm

I've not seen the joking about twilight fans, but the people blaming CCI for it is kind of pissing me off. Apparently, the "official" unofficial story is that CCI made all the people move so they could put up their tents, so I guess they were trying to rush back to regain the place in line? First off, CCI has been posting for days saying that they weren't allowing lining up until they'd put the tents up. And second, yes, they had to get out of the way so the CCI folks could do their jobs!

It's a terrible and tragic way to die, but FFS, when someone that age runs into traffic for a line up for something two days later? That just smacks of stupid.
Escape
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:14 pm

To make it slightly better I think in light of the woman and the situation, the last report I read said she wasn't hit by a car. She had been about to cross the street, noticed that the car was coming, stopped in her tracks but tripped and hit her head on the road. Honestly something like that could happen anywhere to anyone so blaming ComicCon is silly.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:01 pm

I used to want to go to Comic-Con, but it seems like it's getting huge and unwieldy. Like concerts where things spiral out of control and then riots break out or something catches fire. The senselessness of a tragedy like this always gets me: it's just a couple of hours in the same general vicinity with some moderately famous actors. It's not worth lining up days in advance for, much less dying for. I feel the same about fans lining up weeks before a movie. This woman's family has lost her forever simply because of a chance to keep a good place in line. She could have been hit by a car just crossing the street at her home, too, as could we all, but if these sort of events get fans so worked up that they risk their safety, everyone needs to take a step back. (I feel the same about Black Friday events: no cheap game console or hot toy is worth trampling someone for). The whole situation is sad.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:10 pm

Comic-Con tends to have some really awesome and interesting panels (I once attended one about portrayal of the Bronze age in comics and historical accuracy, and it looks like there are going to be some awesome ones this year: "Zombies, Vampires, and Werewolves on Trial: The Forensic Psychiatry of the Dead, the Undead, and the Unlucky"? Yes please). It does (or did) also try and support workshops and networking for budding comic artists and writers.

But yes, unwieldy. It's steadily becoming the go-to marketing blitz for most genre films, and wow, it starts on Wednesday now? That's just bloated.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:21 pm

I'm not going back to Comic Con at all. Too huge, too crowded, too insane, too expensive, too everything that I dislike.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Dragon Con serves up the nerdy realness. I'm really excited to go this year.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:37 pm

mandalaya wrote:Bleurgh. Now that's a truly psychotic fan, and extremely disturbing. But I'm also concerned about the law enforcement agent pictured, as he seems to have lost time. At least, his facial hair is still in the 90's.
I think that's Kevin from the Kids in the Hall
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  easybreezy Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Eris Rising wrote:I'm not going back to Comic Con at all. Too huge, too crowded, too insane, too expensive, too everything that I dislike.

Yeah, tell me all about it. And I've only been to the one in New York, which is pretty blah compared to SDCC. I think I'd really hang out on the marketplace floor at this point, which yields interesting gifts for people anyway.

easybreezy

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:48 pm

PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dachelle Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:55 pm

HA HA HA HA HA.

I am so glad to have been introduced to Hiddles fandom through the sane members of it.

Dachelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:39 pm

PrincessCleo wrote:In more cheerful news (?), Tom Hiddleston is living in someone's head?

On the Astral Plane?

(My husband and I were talking today about how Hiddleston would make a great Good Omens Crowley, but the ensuing stan insanity would be so out of control the universe probably couldn't handle it.)
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Can someone explain to me what the hell that was?
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:51 pm

There is a person (or people) who think they are more than one person? And one of those people within this person is Tom Hiddleston?

People are weird, man.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Wait, didn't we already go through all this with whatszirface and The Lord of the Rings cast and Harry Potter fic or somesuch?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Pop'n'Fresh Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Best I can tell, some people believe that a single human body (though they identify as "non-human" so idk) can contain multiple discrete personalities who all live within that body's head-space, and these personalities can also be fictional, animal, otherkin, or actual other real life people. But not in the sense that Tom H is walking around in Hollywood and living inside that person's head at the same time, more like it's another him, like a parallel universe version of him? But the real Tom and the head-space Tom are telepathically linked, so real Tom is vaguely aware of it, and the 'host' can know everything real Tom does and thinks, except that something called the Glass Barrier blocks it to protect the host from being overwhelmed by all the other head-space inhabitants' thoughts and feelings. And one of this person's other inhabitants is one of the Columbine perpetrators.

This reminds me of the John Barrowman twin soul person.

Pop'n'Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:46 pm

OK, I am not even being snarky: That sounds like schizophrenia.

Or just massive attention whoring. You know, one or the other.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:50 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:(My husband and I were talking today about how Hiddleston would make a great Good Omens Crowley, but the ensuing stan insanity would be so out of control the universe probably couldn't handle it.)

Ooooh, I like that fantasy casting!

I've been re-reading Mark Helprin's Winter's Tale and keep picturing Tom for Peter Lake (even though Lake is middle-aged in the book, the character name always put me in mind of a younger guy, and I think Tom totally has the right look).
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:58 am

Yeah, all that sounds like a real live mental illness, like dissociative identity disorder or schizophrenia.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:OK, I am not even being snarky: That sounds like schizophrenia.

Or just massive attention whoring. You know, one or the other.
Fandoms being what they are, it's a pretty thin line between the two.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Decca Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Genuine DID is pretty rare -- and from a lot of what these people say, this ain't that. There seems to be very little lost time, for one thing.

I believe some are genuinely ill, but a lot of it seems like wish-fulfillment (and a lot of misuse of social-justice type language, to a degree that's kind of offensive).

Decca

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:44 am

Apparently not liking The Dark Knight Rises is a killing offense.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:51 am

Yeah, I read about that this morning. What the hell is with some people? It's just opinions, that's all. And rarely do the occasional bad reviews stop oodles of people going to see a big tentpole movie.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next