Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychotic Fans

+117
emrie
maxell131313
naughty zoot
CindyMc
Mulva
Snarker
DaenarysQueenoftheYumYums
chibimanda
Sheli
LadyGayle
Raised by wolves
Nerg
Tabby
katbeth
SarahJanet
Gallifrey Girl
Carrie Ann
Jessica
eco
mokey75
punkysdilemma
greensock
Swarley
mayram
BloozyTunes
Lis
Matinee
Never Enough
oxymoron
Lily Rose
Jude
vwlphb
Skyblade
Melk
Gillian
Arabella
xyzzy
Dachelle
easybreezy
dionneshea
Escape
mandalaya
Grainne Mhaol
The Dude
VictorLaszlo
puddingcup
nazlan
Agent Sculder
salamandersam
Red Wolf
Kookla
Bob Genghis Khan
Renny Sue
Corvus
Wildog27
Coneycat
Menshevixen
dinahmoe
darthtall
sen3
mozzarella
slmader
Charishawk
Jasmine
queenofdenile
QueenSix
Decca
allochthonous
TiffanyNichelle
punzy
Binky
MtOlivePickles
Cutebutpsycho
Morning Angel
ulkis
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
Kiran
Eris Rising
bookworm
Miss Moneypenny
preciosa
gannetguts
Scarlettfish
ActonBell
Luthien
inversed
Raksha
year of the cat
Unlucky Bear
particle_person
VodouDoll
demgirl
bbridges
curryalley
sagitare
YanaMei
laddical
mrinsouciance
NewYorkStranger
dreago
PrincessCleo
The Glen
blixie
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
whatthedeuce
Cynara
SelfAmused
Esseilte
Rhilin
swsa
Putli Bai
blooey
big chicken
Poubelle
Gilraen
121 posters

Page 13 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Go down

Psychotic Fans - Page 13 Empty Re: Psychotic Fans

Post  Poubelle Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Yeah, I really wasn't expecting that, especially not in a thread that hasn't really had anything to do with the show (since, quite frankly, compared to Supernatural or LotR or Sherlock, the fans are pretty tame).
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 pm

I've been avoiding the British Downton thread to keep from getting spoiled, so yeah - that sucks.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  katha Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Argh, sorry for not putting that in spoiler tags. I keep forgetting that not everyone's already seen the show...Again, sorry.

katha

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:40 pm

I really want this rumor to be true because I want to see the Hiddlestans have a meltdown.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:47 pm

I thought he was married. Has that ended?
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:05 pm

bookworm wrote:I thought he was married. Has that ended?

It turned out he wasn't. No idea how or why that rumor started or ended, because figuring it out would require closer contact with The Crazy than I like, but he got asked in an interview if he was married and he was like, "What? No."
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:08 pm

According to Hiddleston, the marriage rumour was just a rumour, and he and Susannah Fielding broke up more than a year ago. (I don't remember the interview but I read it sometime during the press for War Horse.

At this point on his Tumblr tag I'm seeing a whole lot of "OMG HIDDLES FANS, DON'T HAVE A MELTDOWN!" and... absolutely no Hiddles fans having a meltdown. The finger-pointing at nothing is beginning to be very amusing.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Crazed Michael Jackson fans take to Amazon to trash new book. Be sure to check the comments on that article, they are THERE.

The fans, who call themselves Michael Jackson’s Rapid Response Team to Media Attacks, say they are exercising their free speech rights to protest a book they feel is exploitative and inaccurate. “Sullivan does everything he can to dehumanize, dismantle and destroy, against all objective fact,” a spokesman for the group said.

gl_beckerCA The author of this book must take FULL responsibility for the tone he has set forth in the writing and publishing of this book. Blaming others for his short-sidedness is most inappropriate and highlights his character.

[Et tl;dr cetera]
(Short-sidedness, HEE.)
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Michael Jackson’s Rapid Response Team to Media Attacks

This sounds a lot like the way that Scientologists respond to attacks in the media. Is a cult of Michael Jackson springing up?
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:52 pm

I like her and all, so maybe I am just totally excusing her bigotry. But ONTD's continual outrage over Jennifer Lawrence is kind of freaking me out.

She was talking about an Abercrombie and Fitch ad she did and when asked if it was all girls, she said "girls, boys, in betweens". So...cue the "omg transphobia!" accusations. And just...really? This doesn't feel like a reach? I mean, I could kind of see the anger over her calling her cat Chaz Bono, but this?
She is NORMALIZING this behavior. Do these people not realize how many thousands of transgender people commit suicide every fucking year because of shit like shit?

And the fact that people go "hurrr, ~*~social justice warriors~*~" just goes to show how much this generation is just racing to the fucking bottom.
The more Jen does this the more I suspect that there is some malicious intent there. She could be a hardcore conservative for all we know! I think she's talented and she seemed like a nice girl. I don't want her ignorance/stupidity to get to the point where she ends up in blackface before anyone does anything to call her out.
All her faults somehow are defended by the fact that they were ~jokes~

If I call you names, can I say that it was friendly? I don't think so.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:24 pm

I'd think ther might be a legitimate airing of grievances going on if it wasn't two commenters - secura and thisishollywood - providing most of the "She did it with malicious intent!" screaming. And I totally don't see the problem with either her "in-betweeners" comment - that strikes me as apt and value neutral a way to acknowledge a spectrum of gender identity as most - or with her Chaz Bono cat story. I don't think that makes me a stan since I barely think about her unless she is the specific topic of conversation.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:51 pm

All it takes is one ill-spoken comment to turn ONTD on a celeb. My favorite comment on that place remains "It's become like a freshman year Women's Studies seminar in there."

Honestly, I kind of miss them ripping on people for being ugly.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:23 pm

I feel like the worst people aren't even the trolls like thisishollywood. Its people like Noon or Kwikimart who are "saner" and can word their arguments better. Its just...as an actual minority it always kinda makes me roll my eyes when people turn on people immediately for making comments like that. Jennifer Lawrence is a high school drop out from Kentucky. Shes probably not malicious she just doesn't realize. With people like that its better to educate them then decide they are the new Mel Gibson.

And ONTD does that a lot. And their social justice warrior style would go down way better with me if I also didn't step into Gabourey Sibide posts and see the fat shaming and borderline and sometimes completely racist comments that they make about her. I once got into a fight with one of the people turning on Jennifer Lawrence for a stupid ignorant joke, because they repeatedly compared Sibide to a gorilla. So.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:25 pm

I also really can't see what's so offensive about "in-betweener." It's not the official term, but how is it in any way mocking someone in that group?
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Also its Abercrombie and Fitch...they are not going to hire transgendered people, they won't even hire a minority. Chances are she was talking about the super metro guys they do hire.

I don't know, I have a lot of issues with ONTD. Basically every woman is basic there. Unless your Amber Heard. Halle Berry is a crazy black woman. Anyone who has a BMI over what they consider healthy is disgusting. They only like gay couples when they can fap to them (seriously the comments Chris Colfer gets are disgusting). And only one black man can be popular at a time. But wait until a young female celebrity says ANYTHING they can put a spin on as offense.

Also Britney Spears is the messiah. I like Britney Spears but Dave Grohl is right ONTD, she is dead behind the eyes, calm down. And I maintain they turned on Emma Stone when it turned out she was dating their current boyfriend Andrew Garfield. They seem to be loving Jessica Chastain now so I assume shes the next one in for a fall.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Kiran wrote:

And ONTD does that a lot. And their social justice warrior style would go down way better with me if I also didn't step into Gabourey Sibide posts and see the fat shaming and borderline and sometimes completely racist comments that they make about her. I once got into a fight with one of the people turning on Jennifer Lawrence for a stupid ignorant joke, because they repeatedly compared Sibide to a gorilla. So.

Seriously. A gorilla? WHAT THE FUCK? That's just....flames man...flames.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:05 pm

They seriously did not get the ramifications. They were like lol no she just looks like a gorilla.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Kiran wrote:I feel like the worst people aren't even the trolls like thisishollywood. Its people like Noon or Kwikimart who are "saner" and can word their arguments better. Its just...as an actual minority it always kinda makes me roll my eyes when people turn on people immediately for making comments like that. Jennifer Lawrence is a high school drop out from Kentucky. Shes probably not malicious she just doesn't realize. With people like that its better to educate them then decide they are the new Mel Gibson.

Off topic, but I think I actually read she graduated high school 2 years early.

But yeah, it's not even that I mind if people take issue with what she said? If it makes you wince and shake your head, I get it. But the level of vitriol and actual ANGER over what is in actuality...a bad joke about her cat and a comment about A&F pretty boys? It's WAY over the top.

I like Britney Spears but Dave Grohl is right ONTD, she is dead behind the eyes, calm down.
Yeah, that was bizarre too, because 1) he wasn't saying anything that a ton of people on ONTD don't say in every Britney post and 2) I genuinely don't think it was malicious on his part anymore than it is coming from any number of people who think that her heart isn't in this and her team should let her take a break. But you know, he made a joke about her boobs, so he's obviously a misogynistic oppressor.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Its bizarre and petty. The whole ONTD group think is like that though. Its a place where her performance was less showy then Jessica Chastain's and Mad Men is a horrible show and Betty Draper is the best character and Amber Heard is a early 80s Kathleen Turner style bombshell.

ONTD is weird though about Britney. Really weird. Like, I dont even like Justin Timberlake as a person but are we going to really pretend the only reason hes a solo success is because he uses Britney's name? ONTD logic amuses me. Its a place where Channing Tatum is a hollywood joke despite being one of the few people in hollywood who can open a movie, and a place where a 22 year old playboy model who Jeremy Renner was seen macking on months ago is more likely to be a surrogate then he is bisexual, even though hes a total partier who didn't really seem to be prepping to be a dad before that news broke. And Benedict Cumberbatch is the most evil man in all the world.

I'm extra annoyed at them because I spent my boring lunch hour in an article about Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling and their articles are all the same. Refusing to acknowledge that whatever you feel about her Eva Mendes is scorching hot, vague anecdotes about how crazy and unstable she is that amount to "she went to rehab and had a miscarriage!", and WHAT DO THEY EVEN HAVE IN COMMON? I PREFER HIM WITH <insert random quirky white actress>.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Kiran wrote:
I'm extra annoyed at them because I spent my boring lunch hour in an article about Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling and their articles are all the same. Refusing to acknowledge that whatever you feel about her Eva Mendes is scorching hot, vague anecdotes about how crazy and unstable she is that amount to "she went to rehab and had a miscarriage!", and WHAT DO THEY EVEN HAVE IN COMMON? I PREFER HIM WITH <insert random quirky white actress>.

Do they like ANY coupled-up celebs, though? They also hate Garfield/Stone and Chris Evans and Minka Kelly (well, they hated those two individually. It just got worse when they started dating.)

The thing is, though, that at least some of the hate used to be funny. It's the difference between throwing shade and preparing a bonfire in the town square.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:04 pm

queenofdenile wrote:I also really can't see what's so offensive about "in-betweener." It's not the official term, but how is it in any way mocking someone in that group?

Yeah...what completely unprovoked malevolence being read into what sounds like a 24-year-old actress (when celebrities as a group are not generally famous for the depth of their sensitivities and knowledge/intelligence, for crying out loud) trying to be inclusive, not the exact opposite.

I really hate the when the social justice 101 crowd starts screaming about, well, anything.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  katha Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 am

ONTD is weird though about Britney. Really weird. Like, I dont even like Justin Timberlake as a person but are we going to really pretend the only reason hes a solo success is because he uses Britney's name? ONTD logic amuses me. Its a place where Channing Tatum is a hollywood joke despite being one of the few people in hollywood who can open a movie, and a place where a 22 year old playboy model who Jeremy Renner was seen macking on months ago is more likely to be a surrogate then he is bisexual, even though hes a total partier who didn't really seem to be prepping to be a dad before that news broke. And Benedict Cumberbatch is the most evil man in all the world.

What makes me uncomfortable about the place is the groupthink and the vitriol. Like, I know that they say the Cumberbatch hatred is a "joke". And for some of them it obviously is and I tend to find those posts funny that obviously just treat it as over-the-top melodrama nonsense. But then there's the section that in all honesty believes he's history's greatest monster... Or going on about racism and misogyny and so on but then turning around and there are all these nasty posts about Rihanna, about Kanye, about practically every female celebrity and how they're a "basic bitch". I mean, I know I shouldn't even go there, but I like to indulge in useless gossip sometimes as well. But the level of hatred and offensive language hurled at basically everybody there is disturbing. And then they turn around and try to pretend that they're about social justice...It's a strange place.

katha

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 am

I finally had to quit on them after I realized their self-righteous smugness was far more irritating to me than their recreational nastiness. I like Benedict Cumberbatch but even if I didn't I'd like him now just to spite ONTD.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:44 am

Coneycat wrote:I like Benedict Cumberbatch but even if I didn't I'd like him now just to spite ONTD.
I feel like that when they rip Kristen Stewart to shreds. I don't even LIKE Kristen Stewart anymore, but the way they talk about her, attributing all the worst motives to her behavior, as though they actually know her personally or something, makes me feel like I have to defend her. It's like, "STOP MAKING ME WANT TO DEFEND SOMEONE I DON'T EVEN LIKE, DAMMIT!"

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:21 am

Kristen Stewart has too many weird ass stans there for me to ever feel bad for her. And I mostly like the Cumberbatch posts just to see how many ways they can twist his name around. But they have made me feel defensive about Lena Dunham. Mostly because I feel like she would literally be one of the posters there whose comments would start off a "lmfao", "A+", "perfect response" thread everytime. You guys basically ARE Lena. Just without the money or tv show, hee.

As much as people drag out the "jus jellus" excuses in every hot girl post, I think it actually applies more to people like Lena, Cassie Clare, and E.L. James. Not that I'm not right there with them hating on the latter two.

Last edited by swsa on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 33  Next