Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychotic Fans

+117
emrie
maxell131313
naughty zoot
CindyMc
Mulva
Snarker
DaenarysQueenoftheYumYums
chibimanda
Sheli
LadyGayle
Raised by wolves
Nerg
Tabby
katbeth
SarahJanet
Gallifrey Girl
Carrie Ann
Jessica
eco
mokey75
punkysdilemma
greensock
Swarley
mayram
BloozyTunes
Lis
Matinee
Never Enough
oxymoron
Lily Rose
Jude
vwlphb
Skyblade
Melk
Gillian
Arabella
xyzzy
Dachelle
easybreezy
dionneshea
Escape
mandalaya
Grainne Mhaol
The Dude
VictorLaszlo
puddingcup
nazlan
Agent Sculder
salamandersam
Red Wolf
Kookla
Bob Genghis Khan
Renny Sue
Corvus
Wildog27
Coneycat
Menshevixen
dinahmoe
darthtall
sen3
mozzarella
slmader
Charishawk
Jasmine
queenofdenile
QueenSix
Decca
allochthonous
TiffanyNichelle
punzy
Binky
MtOlivePickles
Cutebutpsycho
Morning Angel
ulkis
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
Kiran
Eris Rising
bookworm
Miss Moneypenny
preciosa
gannetguts
Scarlettfish
ActonBell
Luthien
inversed
Raksha
year of the cat
Unlucky Bear
particle_person
VodouDoll
demgirl
bbridges
curryalley
sagitare
YanaMei
laddical
mrinsouciance
NewYorkStranger
dreago
PrincessCleo
The Glen
blixie
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
whatthedeuce
Cynara
SelfAmused
Esseilte
Rhilin
swsa
Putli Bai
blooey
big chicken
Poubelle
Gilraen
121 posters

Page 14 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Go down

Psychotic Fans - Page 14 Empty Re: Psychotic Fans

Post  ActonBell Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:32 am

I still think ONTD is good for covering all of the gossip/entertainment stories coming down the pike, but so many of the commenters now are either hysterical social justice warriors or just hatefully malicious and vindictive. I remember when the commenters at least used to be funny!
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:23 pm

I don't like Lena Dunham at all, though I think Girls is a fairly good show, but the vitirol she gets is kind of a mess. Is she basically white privilege embodied? Yes. But her show is guilty of something 99% of shows are and yet she gets way more hatred then say, Carter Bays who sets his show in New York, and yet its a bunch of white people with almost completely white friends and white love interests.

And I LIKE How I Met Your Mother. Plus the majority of the comments she get are about her body and her looks and frankly Lena Dunham is a cute girl. Shes not Charlize Theron, but who is. But she is cute. And shes perfectly normal sized.

They also do not get satire at all. I have my issues with Caitlin Moran but she wrote a joking satirical article about how Elementary was destroying England and they took it at face value. Today Lena Dunham was asked who she would kill if she would kill anyone on Girls and she answered after saying well if she absolutely had to answer and they took it as that is something that is actually happening. That being said I still go there because like its been said, they really do get the stories first and the gifs are hilarious.

Kristen Stewart does have some crazy stans but her haters there are so scary. Its a lot of people slut shaming her and calling her a whore and acting like shes the worst person in the world, when frankly, shes just kind of an annoying, pretentious 20 something, and frankly the only person she needs to apologize to is her boyfriend, not to you ONTD.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:20 am

It scares me how many posters that frequent ONTD act as if celebs are personally wronging THEM by cheating on their significant others or whatever other scandals stars get caught up in these days. Y'all are aware that those celebs don't know you exist, right? They don't owe you anything. If you wanna obsess over them, that's not their problem. Stop getting all high and mighty as if they've cheated on you or humiliated you personally.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:49 am

It annoys me because once again it leads to my biggest problem with ONTD, them getting on their high horse about never having messed up ever, and their refusal to ever give a celeb another chance if they have messed up.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am

Their definition of "messed up" is also pretty... well, capricious. And by "capricious" I mean "arseholey."

To say nothing of the way they bash on fans of celebs for being "crazy stalkers" and then fawn over long posts by their own members where they talk about hanging around the set of The Avengers or whatever for hours and hours trying to corner an uncomfortable Chris Evans into posing for pictures when he's trying to leave for the day. And how, pray tell, is that different from the behaviours you condemn in others?

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Their view on the paparazzi is also hilarious. They are awful if they come after celebs they like, if they don't like them, well its part of the job. There is a post of Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield looking cold and kind of annoyed at the paparazzi and apparently they were being harassed. And the comments are all about how they are still clearly in a fake relationship (they may be milking it, but its been almost two years) and should be grateful for the attention, how Andrew Garfield is clearly a tool and changing Emma Stone (which...what? I love his acting and only really know his personality from talk show interviews and that one viral vid where he sang the bed intruder song, but tool really?) and the most hilarious to me about how the worst thing about them is they clearly think they are more famous then they are.

I think with the exception of Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Lawrence there are no celebrities as famous as those two in their age range. Emma Stone is in particular huge, and he is Spiderman and a critically acclaimed it boy. Even if you don't like them, thats just fact.

Its just a snapshot of ONTD logic. Before that they were talking about how Kristen Stewart's career is clearly down the shitter because she signed up for a movie with the director of Secretary, co starring Jim Sturgess and Elizabeth Banks...which not really? Those are legit people? And it seems the stuff she actually thrives at?

Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm

And if they decide a rumour is true, if you express doubt on its veracity or are not necessarily willing to condemn the person (if it's something bad about them), you're automatically a stan who will believe anything. I've seen it recently whenever someone posts anything about Michael Fassbender, someone always calls him an abuser because there was a ex-girlfriend who accused him of domestic violence but then dropped the case. He may be guilty and if so, he's a terrible dude, but calling someone an abuser is a pretty serious thing to label someone without proof.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Yeah, like I don't condemn his girlfriend, and I will fully admit that I don't look at Fassbender the same since I heard that but I also don't fully lump him in with the Sean Penns of the world either. But frankly with the amount of hating on other women that goes on there I am just relieved they aren't trashing his ex.

The hypocrisy is what gets me. Like, I don't like Kristen Stewart but they worship Britney over there and she hooked up with two married men pre breakdown (K-Fed and Colombus Short) but she never gets half the shit Stewart does. And they are now freaking out because Lance Bass said that its unfortunate that Chris Brown is a homophobe because he knows what its like to be discriminated against. I...don't even know. Like I do agree you shouldn't equate peoples struggles but as a minority, I get disappointed when my people are racist or homophobic...so...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:37 pm

I don't think Emma and Andrew are in a fake relationship, but I do think they play up their relationship a lot and that the vast majority of pap pics with them are arranged. But this is ONTD's problem with a lot of celebs...it's all or nothing. They can't accept that something is both real and pr. And let's face it, that's the case with almost all celebs today. From their families, friends, relationships...most of them use it to help their image and further their careers. But that doesn't make them 100% staged.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:42 pm

Oh I totally agree. I think it'd bother me less if ONTD wasn't claiming they all had insider knowledge.

I think the freak out over the book very loosely based on ONTD was my favorite thing. People wanted to sue and claimed that the three posters quoted in the book were based on them.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:10 am

Wait, hold the phone: Britney hooked up with Columbus Short? When did that happen?!

I read the whole damn thread about them talking about the ONTD-based book, and had to laugh when people were all "plz, this is try-hard, we don't sound like that!" Except the comments in the book read exactly like comments I'd seen in ONTD threads over the years. It wasn't even the language, it was the fawning over people they found flawless and the seething, irrational hate-ons for people they disliked.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:13 am

Right before K-Fed. I do not buy they did not have sex though. Like, okay there, Columbus.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  BloozyTunes Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:39 am

LOL I'm so glad you guys were talking about ONTD because I was just there in a Kate Upton post and the arguing on and on for 10+ frigging pages make me laugh out loud. I don't even care one way or another about Kate Upton but man, they do care over there. They REALLY REALLY CARE!

BloozyTunes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:50 am

I don't care one way or another but the way they argue about how hideous her body is, and how shes just not fashion enough its so mean. My favorite awful thing was that someone said that they were built similarly to her (by not having a super defined waist) and this one person was just like I FEEL BAD FOR YOU.

Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Someone actually said, "What does Kate Upton have to do with sports anyway?" Yes, unlike those previous swimsuit edition cover models who were all just modeling part time in between their professional pole vaulting duties.

I'll admit I hate her pics though. They really are pretty crappy, but that's really due to the tacky body painting and awkwardness of it all.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Yeah her body is not the issue its that they put her into too small bathing suits.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:38 pm

swsa wrote:Someone actually said, "What does Kate Upton have to do with sports anyway?" Yes, unlike those previous swimsuit edition cover models who were all just modeling part time in between their professional pole vaulting duties.

I'll admit I hate her pics though. They really are pretty crappy, but that's really due to the tacky body painting and awkwardness of it all.

I didn't see that post, but is it at all possible that that person was being sarcastic? Because if they were, I think that's a pretty hilarious response to a bunch of people bemoaning her supposed unsuitability for high fashion in a post about a Sports Illustrated photoshoot.

And I didn't like those pictures either. They were really unflattering and tacky. Come on, photographer! You're probably getting paid a gajillion dollars for this. Do better!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:34 pm

I just saw those photos on Yahoo, they really are bad. Her top looks like it's at least 3 sizes too small. She's got such a blank face as well.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Emma Caulfield takes on Joss fans.

The comments are a fun read, just to relive all the previous Buffy wank...Joss vs. Charisma, SMG vs. Allyson, SMG vs. the stunt people. Good times.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Seriously, monkey.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:27 pm

I don't even understand what they're so pressed about? What she said wasn't slamming Joss at all. God, he's *known* for doing this, he's joked about it himself many times and so have his fans - at least, the non-freaking-crazy ones.

Jesus, no kidding 'this is why we can't have nice things'.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:19 pm

I'm having homophobic rainbow nostalgia!
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Yeah, I feel like we're missing some context for why she brought it up. I will say, if it was in a "Why does Joss get credit for being gutsy when lots of writers do it?" kind of way, I DO think there could be some sour grapes in there. It's the kind of comment that from a regular person is no big and quite truthful, but from a former employee who's not doing so great while the boss is now a bazillionaire, sounds kind of whiny. But still, hold off Whedon nuts. This is why your rep is so horrible.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Well the tweet right before the Joss one was:

Finally saw Downton Abbey finale. BULLSHIT! Like a knife to the gut. AGAIN.

Which too me came off as she was moved, upset, etc. by the death in the Downton Abbey finale and comparing it to her death in Buffy, not that she was pissed at Joss for killing her.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Didn't she ask to be killed off though? I remember they wanted to kill of Xander (I think it was Xander) and she asked that they kill her off. Either way, I don't know why she'd be that sour grapes about it. She got a great dramatic death, and it was the series finale. And its the Whedonverse. Death has never stopped them from bringing people back.

I thought she was just being matter of fact not snarky, and the Whedoncray descended on her as they do.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 33 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next