Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies at Home

+95
Shadowlass
draco vulgaris
ariadne
bosoxgirl
Wildog27
PineappleGirl
Coneycat
Poubelle
big chicken
Grainne Mhaol
salamandersam
Raised by wolves
wenchsenior
sen3
puddingcup
PrincessCleo
Never Enough
Bad Username
dreago
Escape
mandalaya
UmaOprah
chibimanda
Fiammetta
Carrie Ann
jensa
Swarley
Luthien
darthtall
pamchenko
ActonBell
FiggyPudding
Agent Sculder
Jamie
Tabby
Raksha
ulkis
epudom
mrinsouciance
The Dude
Menshevixen
Snarryfan
swsa
Matinee
MaddyCat
Jude
Gillian
Miss Moneypenny
xyzzy
TiffanyNichelle
Cutebutpsycho
biakbiak
themis
truecrystal
Corellderaan
RiverThames
tothemax
Eris Rising
laurelin_kit
rivki8699
mokey75
jaraga
Instant Monkeys
Paris, Texas
Kiran
Auroura76
Gallifrey Girl
killershrew
QueenSix
punzy
bbridges
caltrask55
sagitare
Red Wolf
laddical
nikita
Algae
Rhilin
Binky
choubetcha
naughty zoot
mayram
inversed
Unlucky Bear
curryalley
whatthedeuce
BreezyK
Morning Angel
Cynara
eventide82
jcpdiesel21
queenofdenile
blixie
katesti
Putli Bai
99 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Movies at Home - Page 18 Empty Re: Movies at Home

Post  Never Enough Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:22 pm

It's such a small moment, but I love the part when Mavis asks for Matt's shirt. At first he's slow to ablige, but once he does Patton does this thing where for just a second he covers himself with his arms. I don't know what it is, if it was the director's instructions or Patton's instinct as to who the character is, but I loved it. I thought it was one of the most honest, and emotionally bare, moments.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:07 pm

I would think it was almost a natural instinct for Patton Oswalt himself being shirtless in a room with Charlize Theron.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:23 am

Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion

"It makes me so happy when they finally let her shop."
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Hard Candy. That was an awesome idea to watch right before going to bed. I almost watched some Breaking Bad to lighten up my mood.

That Ellen Page is going to be successful, mark my words.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:24 pm

A taught pyschological thriller, But after a half hour I was like "Is this movie anything but close-ups?!"
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:32 pm

I finally got around to seeing The Descendants, and I ended up really liking it. I'm not always a fan of Clooney's work as an actor, but I thought his performance was excellent, and did deserve the Oscar nomination he got for it. Shailene Woodley and the other young actress who played Scottie were actually my favorite parts of the movie.

I've been slowly making my way through all the Best Picture nominees, and so far my favorite has been Tree of Life, but in some ways I'm glad it didn't win because it's not the kind of movie the general public likes. I still haven't seen The Artist though.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Ellen Page was nothing short of outstanding in Hard Candy. Lordy, that movie had me on the edge of my seat when I watched it in college! It was very taut and intense from start to finish.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:49 pm

John Carter which may not be as awful as one might think but it certainly wasn't very good. Definitely way too long and really, at the end of the day, it was just another disillusioned man learns to live and love again while saving a bunch of people from the bad guy. Taylor Kitsch was very much a non-entity in this: just very bland and not very charismatic at all: he's overwhelmed by all the special effects and, quite frankly, kind of out acted by some of them.

Last edited by sagitare on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:51 pm

The Dude wrote:A taught pyschological thriller, But after a half hour I was like "Is this movie anything but close-ups?!"
Hell, I felt that way after two minutes. I got used to it though.

Patrick Wilson was also really really good. He made me feel for that dude.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:51 am

Last of the Mohicans. I know there was a really good story in there, but I was too distracted by the pure sex of Daniel Day-Lewis (and, to a lesser extent, Uncas).

(Also, the guy who played Munro looked almost - but not quite - like Pete Postelthwaite, and then there would be a scene where I would be like HE IS PETE POSTELTHWAITE! and then he'd go back to looking only sort of like him. I was so confused until near the end of the movie when I realized that indeed Pete Postlethwaite was in the movie, but as a totally different, and very minor, character.)

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:17 pm

I introduced Mr. Algae to Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog last night. He kept asking why I never said something sooner (um, I had?).
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:07 pm

inversed wrote:(Also, the guy who played Munro looked almost - but not quite - like Pete Postelthwaite, and then there would be a scene where I would be like HE IS PETE POSTELTHWAITE! and then he'd go back to looking only sort of like him. I was so confused until near the end of the movie when I realized that indeed Pete Postlethwaite was in the movie, but as a totally different, and very minor, character.)
This really made me giggle for some reason. WHAT KIND OF ILLUSIONIST BE YOU, POSTLETHWAITE?
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Man, I kind of hate knowing that Pete Postelthwaite won't be showing up to improve otherwise crappy movies anymore.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Weird. I'm listening to the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack right now. Never seen the movie, but it's a great bit of music.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:57 am

We watched The Film Crew: Hollywood After Dark. This is put together by some of the same folks who made MST3K back in the day, and it had the similar silly running commentary throughout the movie. But the movie itself was awful. I know that seems obvious, but it was even worse than usual. It was Monster-a-Go-Go bad, not Attack of the Giant Leeches bad.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Pete Postelthwaite won't be showing up to improve otherwise crappy movies anymore

I'm still in denial that he's gone. It just doesn't seem right. He made the first 10 minutes of Clash of the Titans bearable! He's my favourite character in Dragonheart! And while I don't consider Romeo & Juliet a crappy movie, nobody's ever going to be a better Friar Laurence than him.

I just watched Breaking Dawn, mercifully with the Rifftrax. It was truly wondrous. I love how excited the Rifftrax crew got when the Volturi appeared.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:28 am

X-Men: First Class which...was not as good as I was expecting. The whole thing seemed to be just small, short scenes edited together. Nearly the first hour was spent jumping around to various places and briefly meeting different mutants. When they finally come together at the CIA you think 'aha, *now* something's going to happen!' but kind of doesn't? I guess I felt there should have been some sense of urgency at times but there didn't seem to be anything. Like when they're preparing to stop the whole Cuban missile crisis thing, everyone just seemed so laid back the night before, like they were going on a road trip to the beach or something. The weirdest part was when Shaw and his band basically destroy the compound and kill a whole lot of people to get at the young mutants...and then seem fine when only one of them agree to come with him. Like, this big build up, big fight scenes, etc. etc., and then he spends two minutes on his pitch and is satisfied when the chick with the wings joins him. That seemed really WTF to me.

So yeah, the whole thing was just oddly paced. McAvoy and Fassbender, however, were terrific. I wish the movie would have spent a lot more time with them. Their scenes had real strength and interest. The other part I liked were those scenes that dealt with the position of the mutants vis a vis the rest of humanity, and the whole backstory to Magneto, why he and Charles split etc.

January Jones was terrible.

The Wolverine bit was hilarious.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:33 am

The Wolverine part was seriously the best bit of that entire movie.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:05 am

I totally forgot about the Wolverine cameo. It was so brief and yet so exquisite!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:59 am

I saw Sunshine today. I think it was back on Snarkfest 3.0 where someone said it was a really good movie until the Sun Gremlin showed up. It would have been a much better movie without that. I thought it was still enjoyable, though. The acting was superb all around. I think Chris Evans doesn't really get as much credit as he deserves as an actor. He's great.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:27 am

Raksha wrote:I saw Sunshine today. I think it was back on Snarkfest 3.0 where someone said it was a really good movie until the Sun Gremlin showed up. It would have been a much better movie without that. I thought it was still enjoyable, though. The acting was superb all around. I think Chris Evans doesn't really get as much credit as he deserves as an actor. He's great.

I've actually seen a LOT of people say that about Sunshine, and I have to agree with that assessment. It's a really really good science-fiction movie for the first hour and a half, with very cool performances from Cilliian Murphy, Michelle Yeoh, and Chris Evans, but then it just devolves into a pretty standard horror movie. It's one of those movies that I'd almost like to see somebody take a shot at re-writing and re-making because the concept was great.

As for myself, I've been on a Fassbender kick lately, so I rented Haywire which was pretty good. Very old school spy type film. Steven Soderberg was really smart to surround Gina Carano with good actors. She's just an OK actress, but she's really good and believable in the physical scenes. Much more so than most women in action type roles because she's not a tiny twig person. She looks like a person who could totally beat the crap out of you and hit HARD.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:17 pm

The thing about Haywire is that Gina Carano has competed in Muay Thai and MMA. So she has beaten the stuffing out of people before. I'd like to see her in another movie, though she needs a few more acting lessons first. She's got a couple more movies lined up, maybe she's decided that pretending to fight is better than actual fighting. Her last MMA fight was several years ago, and a definitive loss.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Frankly, for a movie that might as well have been Gina Carano Punches Everyone, I wanted more punching. Far too much "plot" and "set-up".
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:31 pm

That's true. Hopefully In The Blood will deliver in that area. Less plot, more violence!

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:53 pm

I thought John Carter was a really well executed, and fun sci-fi family movie with a couple of wonderful female characters that I really appreciated. I loved that the soundtrack so frequently and unabashedly recalled Indiana Jones and I felt like half the cast of Rome was in it too.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next