Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies at Home

+95
Shadowlass
draco vulgaris
ariadne
bosoxgirl
Wildog27
PineappleGirl
Coneycat
Poubelle
big chicken
Grainne Mhaol
salamandersam
Raised by wolves
wenchsenior
sen3
puddingcup
PrincessCleo
Never Enough
Bad Username
dreago
Escape
mandalaya
UmaOprah
chibimanda
Fiammetta
Carrie Ann
jensa
Swarley
Luthien
darthtall
pamchenko
ActonBell
FiggyPudding
Agent Sculder
Jamie
Tabby
Raksha
ulkis
epudom
mrinsouciance
The Dude
Menshevixen
Snarryfan
swsa
Matinee
MaddyCat
Jude
Gillian
Miss Moneypenny
xyzzy
TiffanyNichelle
Cutebutpsycho
biakbiak
themis
truecrystal
Corellderaan
RiverThames
tothemax
Eris Rising
laurelin_kit
rivki8699
mokey75
jaraga
Instant Monkeys
Paris, Texas
Kiran
Auroura76
Gallifrey Girl
killershrew
QueenSix
punzy
bbridges
caltrask55
sagitare
Red Wolf
laddical
nikita
Algae
Rhilin
Binky
choubetcha
naughty zoot
mayram
inversed
Unlucky Bear
curryalley
whatthedeuce
BreezyK
Morning Angel
Cynara
eventide82
jcpdiesel21
queenofdenile
blixie
katesti
Putli Bai
99 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Movies at Home - Page 29 Empty Re: Movies at Home

Post  inversed Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:51 pm

How on earth did Your Sister's Sister get such good reviews? It felt like a script written by a first-year film student. We turned it off a half-hour in.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:50 pm

inversed wrote:How on earth did Your Sister's Sister get such good reviews? It felt like a script written by a first-year film student. We turned it off a half-hour in.

The second half of the film was better than the first, but that's mostly because I have a girl crush on Emily Blunt and will forgive her most things.
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 am

The Campaign any politcal parody has enough material to work with to be funnier than this, but there were enough laughs to make it worth the rental.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:56 am

I made it about 40 minutes into The Woman In Black before I had to turn it off because I'm a big wuss. What was I thinking?! I totally get creeped out by stuff like woman in garden/hand at the window/slight noise -things that don't sound scary, but my goodness the next time I'm alone in the house (or worse, alone and having to turn off all the lights on my way to bed!) I'll be thinking of all those things. Ack.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:38 pm

21 Jump Street which had the potential to be so, so bad but was SO, SO GOOD. I couldn't believe it. The casting was terrific - my god, Channing Tatum! Hilarious! The bit when he's got that stuffed giraffe and is harassing Jonah Hill's character I nearly died laughing. I'm sure the whole thing was ad-libbed: the director probably gave Channing the giraffe and said, "What would you do if you guys were really brothers? ACTION!"

Just so many great lines, some of them almost throwaway ones that you could easily miss, and lots of great scenes. A totally fun movie.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:50 pm

laddical wrote:Anyway, long story short: Yes, Green Lantern was just awful, and someone at Warners needs to wake up and get a team of "creative consultants" from DC to start heading up their comic book movie production instead of this piecemeal effort they've been doing.

Of course, they had Geoff Johns on hand for the GL movie, but I almost think that was part of the problem. There was too much stuff going on, and none of it was focused. So it was just a mess. But, really, if ever a movie felt like it was put together by a committee instead of having a singular vision behind it, it was Green Lantern.

This weekend we watched Cabin in the Woods (excellent, excellent, excellent), Five-Year Engagement (Eh. Good cast, but the whole exercise was lacking in... vitality.) and Stake Land (more or less The Road meets Vampires).

RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:03 pm

We watched The Campaign the other night, my husband's choice. I don't like Will Ferrell, and I am meh on Zach G., but it wasn't terrible. It actually made me laugh out loud a couple of times.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:51 am

I didn't think that anything could be more depressing than The Road, but Stake Land is a definite competitor. The Road kind of skirted around the
Spoiler:
but Stake Land started right out with a
Spoiler:
Jebus. I think I liked it, but it was fucking bleak as hell.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 am

Aww, I LOVE Stake Land I wish more people would watch it. Sean Nelson is in it, that kid is still an A+ actor, and his lack of work as an adult annoys me. I found it weirdly life affirming, and it had an amazing amount of realism for what was essentially a zombie apocolypse, so much better than the Walking Dead. Also it's score was entirely reminiscent of Serenity. Um, yeah I love the movie, and it's totes on my Christmas List to own.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Well, I just added Stake Land to my Netflix queue, even though it is exactly the kind of thing that gives me nightmares.

Apparently I have no common sense.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  draco vulgaris Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:21 pm

The other night I stopped by the video store and rented Brave, Tangled, and The Proposition. The guy behind the counter gave me a funny look but didn't say anything.

Tangled was so cute. I didn't care much for the music, but the movie was gorgeous and funny and the romance didn't make me want to vomit. In fact, I may have squeed once or twice.

Brave was just...okay. Not bad, but not very memorable either. I did, however, enjoy all the Scottish accents.
ion

The Proposition wasn't as grim or gory as I'd been led to believe (aside from the part where that guy's head exploded), but it didn't really click with me. I don't think I really Got It. I wish it had actually depicted some of the Burns gang's crimes, because as it was I could feel nothing but pity for Charlie and Mikey. Especially Mikey.

draco vulgaris

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Safety Not Guaranteed was an absolute delight. Not quite what I'd expected but still funny and sweet and smart. I was reminded throughout by all the guys I've known who - if they'd just let themselves slide a little further across the "normal" line - could have ended up much like Kenneth. And bonus Kristen Bell!
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:41 am

I watched the snowy Michigan noir Deadfall, with Eric Bana, Olivia Wilde, and Charlie Hunam, and was reminded that outside SOA Charlie Hunuam is not that good of an actor. But it was still really good and joins my
Spoiler:
. Bana is so much more fun when he plays
Spoiler:
like in Chopper. And it goes w/o saying that Kris Kristoferson and Sissy Spacek are an acting clinic.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:16 am

Tangled was cute, but they lost me at the end of the movie when
Spoiler:
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Young Adult. New on Netflix streaming! I wanted to watch this when it was in the theaters. It was ok, not as good as I hoped. Charlize is good at being a bitch.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:00 am

Admittedly Jeremy Renner's arms make up for a multitude of sins, but honestly I expected slightly better from The Bourne Legacy than Flowers For Algernon: International Espionage Boogaloo.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:03 am

I haven't even seen The Bourne Legacy but frankly, that title is making me want to see it MORE.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:05 am

I actually enjoyed it. Its not as good as the Damon ones, but I thought it was fun. I spent most of it thinking NOW KISS at Weisz and Renner though.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:32 am

Cynara wrote:Admittedly Jeremy Renner's arms make up for a multitude of sins, but honestly I expected slightly better from The Bourne Legacy than Flowers For Algernon: International Espionage Boogaloo.

Admittedly, I'm a bit drunk due to celebrating Christmas Eve Eve but I misread that as Flowers in the Attic: International Espionage Boogaloo which might not be a good movie but it damn well should be entertaining.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:27 am

Oh my God. Chris and Cathy are Treadstone escapees but also JOAN ALLEN'S SECRET CHILDREN. Ultimately they trick her into an empty house where, in a brutally silent fight scene, they shove an arsenic-laced cookie down her throat. Chris waits outside, but Cathy watches her die. As they leave, they torch the place behind them and live PTSDly ever after on an island in Greece. BAM. BLOCKBUSTER.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:28 am

You forgot the Swan Bed, though.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:34 am

They can kill her on the Swan Bed! Also Cathy will have to be wearing a butt-cleavage-baring dress. It's the matricide outfit of choice.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

...Does this make David Straitharn Bart?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:44 am

OMG I WAS TOTALLY GOING TO SAY THAT AND THEN DECIDED NOT TO.

Topic? Yes, I was totally waiting for Renner and Weisz to kiss. I mean, COME ON.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:45 am

I get you.

Yeah I want them to show up in future Bourne sequels just to bang.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next