Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fiction

+46
ulkis
Carrie Ann
BrightEyes
PineappleGirl
Author By Night
punzy
nazlan
chibimanda
mandalaya
Pop'n'Fresh
year of the cat
Mulva
Gallifrey Girl
salamandersam
Eris Rising
Instant Monkeys
Matinee
allochthonous
bbridges
pizzagirl20
MtOlivePickles
curryalley
Putli Bai
sagitare
Cutebutpsycho
mo pie
Snarryfan
Fiammetta
sixchooks
sen3
big chicken
Lis
dreago
vwlphb
Binky
rivki8699
laddical
laurelin_kit
particle_person
jstilwe
Miss Moneypenny
Coneycat
Rhilin
Cynara
alexdegenhardt
Raksha
50 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Fan Fiction Empty Fan Fiction

Post  Raksha Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:18 am

I'm bored and I need some recs! Anything Vampire Diaries would be awesome. I don't really care which characters, ship(s), or genre, as long as it doesn't suck.

I'm also dying for some good Annie/Auggie Covert Affairs fic. It is so fucking hard to find fic in that fandom that isn't just awful and totally OOC. Argh.

And just in general: Read anything good lately?
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Fan Fiction Empty Re: Fan Fiction

Post  alexdegenhardt Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:40 am

Have you tried Multifandom Het Recs? That's mostly how I go about finding decent fanfiction. And there should be plenty of fanfics in the Vampire Diaries tag.
alexdegenhardt
alexdegenhardt

http://alexdegenhardt.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:03 pm

So, like, THEORETICALLY, if someone wanted decent Hunger Games fic, someone would look where and read what?

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:13 am

I haven't gotten into the fic yet, but when I do this is where I'm going to start:

The HG tag on Multifandom Het Recs.
The HG fic recs page on TVTropes.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:35 am

I can't totally vouch for the quality of them, but when I mentioned I'd gnaw off my own arm for books about District 4 tributes (figuratively) during Fandom March Madness, I got recced Fish in a Barrel.

I also found Scylla and Charbydis while browsing tags in archiveofourown.org so...I'd searching through A3?

I am totally craving gen re-boot Batgirl and Robin fic right now. I might have to break down and start writing my own, because I have no idea where to find recent Babs fic.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:57 am

Here's a Hunger Games listing at Archive Of Our Own-- I don't read that fandom so I can't vouch for anything, but you can filter searches by character and tags to help find stuff you might like.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:28 pm

1. You guys are awesome.

2. I stayed up really late reading this awesomely fucked-up Haymitch/Katniss story. I KNOW.

Last edited by Cynara on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Coneycat wrote:Here's a Hunger Games listing at Archive Of Our Own-- I don't read that fandom so I can't vouch for anything, but you can filter searches by character and tags to help find stuff you might like.

The nice thing about AO3 is that once you find a few authors you like, it's super easy to find everything else they've written. I have to say, though, that outside of the pairing tags, I find all the other tags virtually useless.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Cynara wrote:2. I stayed up really late reading this awesomely fucked-up Haymitch/Katniss story. I KNOW.
Link or it didn't happen.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:37 pm

"Team Haymitch" is trending on Twitter right now. Just saying.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Coneycat wrote:Here's a Hunger Games listing at Archive Of Our Own-- I don't read that fandom so I can't vouch for anything, but you can filter searches by character and tags to help find stuff you might like.

You can sort by hit count, too, which helps find the most recommended stuff.
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue May 08, 2012 4:38 pm

I keep shaking the internet and hoping some Clint/Natasha falls out, but I haven't found anything halfway decent yet. Anyone got any recs/resources for me?

And I can't recommend Some Things Shouldn't Be A Chore highly enough. It's 20,000 words of team banter AND a sentient toaster. There are shippier sequels in progress too.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue May 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Aw, that was sweet. And nicely captured in the character voices.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue May 15, 2012 7:04 am

Miss Moneypenny wrote:I keep shaking the internet and hoping some Clint/Natasha falls out, but I haven't found anything halfway decent yet. Anyone got any recs/resources for me?

Have you found anything really great yet? I love all the character relationships in that movie, but the Clint/Natasha one fascinates me the most. I'm just now starting to dip my toe into the fic pool, but their tag at AO3 seems very active. Every time I go there (even on the same day) there's, like, a whole new page of fic that's been posted.

I haven't found anything I really love yet, but here are some that don't suck:

* 'those who are afraid of wolves' by ohladybegood. A poetical fic focused mostly on Natasha's character and history. So far, this is my favorite fic I've read.
* 'Revelator' by roboticonography. A quiet post-movie h/c fic.
* 'Re: Boot' by Sawuhs. She tells people that love is for children, but what she doesn't tell them is that love is something a part of us will always be.
* 'Before the Storm, There is Peace' by scifigrl47. Fun pre-battle banter.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Tue May 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:I keep shaking the internet and hoping some Clint/Natasha falls out, but I haven't found anything halfway decent yet. Anyone got any recs/resources for me?

And I can't recommend Some Things Shouldn't Be A Chore highly enough. It's 20,000 words of team banter AND a sentient toaster. There are shippier sequels in progress too.

I adore that fic. I want the author to finish it now!now!now! and also for it to never end. It's the perfect balance of madcap fun and not-over-the-top woobiness. I may love Tony-has-major-daddy-issues fic, but only when it's sufficiently balanced by brilliant Tony zaniness. It's just wrong to drain all the fun out of him.

Also the line (paraphrased, since I don't go onto AO3 at work)
Spoiler:
just makes my day/week/life.
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue May 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks, Raksha, those were good, and the tag has definitely picked up steam in the past couple of days. It's always nervewracking trying new authors, but there are definitely some good new ones writing Avengers now.

The Steve/Tony stories have picked back up again too, after I was briefly worried that everyone had migrated over to Bruce/Tony. :) The First Twelve Thousand Miles is Steve & Tony gen and pretty much exactly how I imagine things going after the end of the movie.

Oh, and Fifteen Short Stories About Teamwork is my new favorite team!fic ever.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed May 16, 2012 12:32 am

I enjoyed this quasi-Natasha/Clint story labeled as such, but it's actually about Tony Stark: Any Way I Do.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Binky wrote:I enjoyed this quasi-Natasha/Clint story labeled as such, but it's actually about Tony Stark: Any Way I Do.
I wasn't the one asking for it, but thanks for that rec! So much fun and exactly how I'd expect married Clint and Natasha to be.

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat May 19, 2012 5:41 am

Those are all awesome recs! I haven't been able to read much lately, but I did find this:

"The Way Out Is Through" by Nokomis - Little by little, Natasha becomes part of the team.

Also ran across this gorgeous Clint/Natasha fanart. She needs to draw more things immediately. (ETA: Ooh, and apparently it inspired this fic! *runs off to read*)
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Sat May 19, 2012 5:44 pm

I know most people here are Team Natasha/Clint, but has anyone come across any good Natasha/Steve fics? Because I just saw the movie again and I'm boarding that ship.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 19, 2012 6:55 pm

vwlphb wrote:I know most people here are Team Natasha/Clint, but has anyone come across any good Natasha/Steve fics? Because I just saw the movie again and I'm boarding that ship.
Subject to Change by Pervyficgirl (Mature), a post-film story, where the changes in Natasha's schedule parallel how being part of a team has changed her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Tue May 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Ordinary Workplace Hazards, Or, SHIELD and OSHA Are Not On Speaking Terms is HILARIOUS. I stayed up an hour too late last night reading it. It's Clint/Phil, and so convincing I feel like I should board that ship. (It's also long, and you won't want to stop reading it, so clear some time. Just saying.)

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Tue May 22, 2012 9:55 pm

I agree, Cynara. I loved the first story in the sequence but this one was even better. I love her Tony Stark and his crazy inventions.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed May 23, 2012 11:44 pm

vwlphb wrote:I agree, Cynara. I loved the first story in the sequence but this one was even better. I love her Tony Stark and his crazy inventions.

She's in the middle of a third story in the same universe and I am fairly boggled by how quickly she's managed to write all of them plus another WIP about Tony and his robots. Her character voices are great, and I really appreciate how demonstrably, insanely smart Tony is in all of her stories.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri May 25, 2012 5:44 pm

I wish this was a real movie. 'Barton and Wilson: Agents of SHIELD' is a gif fic (I guess you would call it) about Deadpool being recruited into SHIELD and partnered up with Hawkeye, using gifs taken from Ryan Reynolds and Jeremy Renner's various movies and giving them new dialogue. I want a full-length fic right now.

ETA: Oh, and speaking of gif fics, the The Avengers Need Good Press series is awesome.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next