Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X-Men films

+25
jensa
Fiammetta
inversed
salamandersam
Snarryfan
MichiSichi
Carrie Ann
dday515
Gillian
darthtall
The Dude
Skyblade
Wildog27
TiffanyNichelle
ActonBell
Raksha
Grainne Mhaol
Kiran
laddical
CherryFlame
vwlphb
Eris Rising
RiverThames
QueenSix
bookworm
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

X-Men films Empty X-Men films

Post  bookworm Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:37 pm

6 seconds of Days of Future Past has been released.  Wheee!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

X-Men films Empty Re: X-Men films

Post  QueenSix Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:52 pm

We have a trailer!

While I enjoyed the latest Captain America trailer, this one gave me definite "oooh" chills.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:23 pm

See, while this trailer was good, it didn't make me feel, "Aw, yes, must see this."

I mean, I will see it, but the trailer made no measurable change to my excitement level.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Really? Because I think that it's the best superhero movie trailer of the year, and I say that as someone who openly cheered at the Winter Soldier one.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:34 pm

RiverThames wrote:See, while this trailer was good, it didn't make me feel, "Aw, yes, must see this."

I mean, I will see it, but the trailer made no measurable change to my excitement level.
It did for me. But I was also already excited.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryFlame Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:21 pm

I am really excited for this one. The trailer was great but May is so far away!

CherryFlame

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:51 pm

I expected more energy, I guess? This just didn't feel particularly exciting... or illuminating. Definitely still, "I'm interested", and better than any of the trailers for The Wolverine. But First Class kind of kicked my ass with its intensity - particularly any time Magneto was killing someone. I wanted First Class 2 more than X-Men 4, and this feels more The Last Stand than X-2 or First Class.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:52 pm

Yeah I loved the Winter Soldier trailer but I think this is easily my favorite superhero trailer of the last couple of years. Probably since the DKR and Avengers trailers.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:13 pm

I got some serious Star Trek: Generations vibes from it. I wasn't too enthused, but that's mostly because I loathed the parts of First Class that I could get through. It was nice to see Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart back. I'm looking forward to seeing them getting some proper facetime onscreen.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm super excited for this, but I hope it does focus more on the First Class than it does the older cast. But mostly my reaction is: "Bishop, Warpath, and Blink! Eeeeeeeee!"
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:38 am

I was excited to see Bishop, but bummed out that it looks like they're giving most of his story to Wolverine. I could really live without another movie being all about Wolverine. I wish we could have gotten a straight up sequel to First Class instead of this.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:31 pm

I know that Kitty only has The Last Stand to go on in the X-Men Movie Universe, but it's not like Ellen Page is a complete unknown. So it continues to annoy me that they gave the story to Wolverine instead of her. Obviously, if their time travel is based on Quantum Leaping into your own, younger self, then that doesn't work with Kitty - but there's no reason time travel has to work that way.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:49 pm

The X-Men movies have disappointed me way too many times though First Class is amazing when compared to Last Stand but on it's own it has a lot of flaws, so while I did squee at seeing certain images (Blink!) the Cap trailer still had me more excited. But I still want to see it though.

It is annoying that the X-Men movie people have decided the only way to get fans pumped to watch the movies is to have it be All. About. Wolverine. All. The. Time. Cause no. It doesn't have to be that way.

/still bitter at Cyclops barely being involved in the Dark Phoenix storyline in The Last Fail.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:09 pm

"Barely involved." Heh. Makes me think of Gandalf.

Also, mighty euphemistic. I don't know that whining at Wolverine and then getting exploded even counts as "barely".
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Singer has cut Rogue out.

Tough to tell at this point if that's a bad move or not; I was looking forward to seeing her in the role again, but if it's to take out some of the bloat of the film, it's probably a good move.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:58 pm

I think its a good sign that he's willing to do that. It means hes probably putting the film over the fan service of seeing all the characters. I am sad we won't see her. I like her bond with Wolverine and her relationship with Iceman, even if she wasn't like the Rogue I grew up with.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:01 pm

Is Rogue excised from the franchise, now? We won't get an Age of Apocalypse movie where Rogue bears Magneto's child?

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:43 am

New X-Men Trailer My hopes are starting to rise for this...

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:53 pm

bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:47 pm

Zeppelin Rules!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  darthtall Fri May 23, 2014 2:26 am

My company set up an advanced screening for employees, so I got to see it early tonight! I really, really liked it. For a movie about saving the world from mutant genocide, it was effing hilarious in a lot of places.

I'm not a reader of the comics, but I'm interested in comparing X-Men's Quicksilver with Avenger's. He wasn't in it much, but I'm guessing he'll be one of people's favorite characters.

darthtall

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Fri May 23, 2014 3:21 am

I LOVED THIS SO MUCH! I am a movie person who watched the occasional X-Men cartoon as a kid in the 90s, so from that perspective, this movie was crazy enjoyable. It was legit funny in so many places. And whoever's idea McAvoy and Fassbender were, I still cannot applaud them enough. Their love is so strong and complicated, y'all. They do McKellan and Stewart total justice. I mean, I already thought that with First Class, but they just reminded me how great they are all over again. McKellan and Stewart being great just kind of goes without saying.

Obviously the best part was the fact that
Spoiler:

I loved how brutal
Spoiler:

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri May 23, 2014 7:22 am

It was spectacular. Never been so glad to be wrong in my trailer-and-promotions-based impressions. Still think whoever did the Carl's Jr. tie-ins should be fired double-time, but the movie itself was definitely a worthy sequel to First Class - which is all I wanted and was afraid I wasn't going to get once they started bringing in everyone from the older movies.

Spoiler:
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Fri May 23, 2014 10:09 am

Am I wrong or was the scene in the trailer where Logan called Mystique a cold-hearted bitch, not actually in the movie? I really wanted to see the two of them interact.
Spoiler:

I also really enjoyed it. The casting is so spot on and when I pretend that Halle Berry is Angela Bassett, it makes it so much better.

Spoiler:

Also being a movie fan who is mildly acquainted with the XMen mythology, regarding the post-credits scene,
Spoiler:

I didn't see First Class in the theater because I thought it was a money grab, especially after the crapiness of Last Stand and Wolverine Origins and trying to grab onto the zeitgeist of Mad Men. That was a mistake, because it was a great movie with a great cast and story. This movie was everything I was hoping a First Class sequel would be and more, especially tying in the original cast with the new one.

With the MCU and especially Winter Soldier, we are living in a fucking Golden Era of comic book movies, people. We will tell the tales of these days to our grandchildren. :-)

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  dday515 Fri May 23, 2014 11:04 am

So, I loved it, very very very much. Totally worth the tiredness this morning.

Lots of non-coherent thoughts that will hopefully coalesce into something more substantial later, but I just have to say:

Casting Spoiler:

dday515

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum