Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football

+41
killershrew
particle_person
Shadowlass
tothemax
naughty zoot
Poubelle
mialoubug
oxymoron
Arabella
NewYorkStranger
Herinice
Raised by wolves
Matinee
Miss Moneypenny
sunni94
mrinsouciance
Never Enough
bookworm
Kookla
laddical
nazlan
TiffanyNichelle
Binky
puddingcup
big chicken
RiverThames
blooey
maxell131313
PrincessCleo
boutros boutros kitty
Lady V
year of the cat
jstilwe
dinahmoe
biakbiak
Algae
Jasmine
truecrystal
The Dude
jcpdiesel21
blixie
45 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Football      - Page 5 Empty Re: Football

Post  blixie Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:41 am

I'm still not over Sparty's crushing last five minute defeat on a 4th and fucking 6th Hail Mary play, but I guess that's karmic balance for you. Still I think the last two calls of the game against State were some serious bullshit. So even if you didn't even TOUCH the kicker you get penalized for rushing him. Okay. And the catch ruled good and then taken away also crap, his toe hit first and he never lost *possession* of the ball. ::SIGH:: it was only a question of when we'd get fucked, not IF.

Still an amazing well played game by both teams, and Dantonio is still a freaking GENIUS, that fake on fourth down leading to a two point conversion was just BRASS BALLS.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunni94 Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Blixie I thought of you and your dad during the game. I was going to call to ask if everything was already up Chelsea way but didn't have your number! That was one of the best games of the year (as was the previous meeting). I had to root for the Badges though after MSU let go of my favorite John L. Smith who built the team with recruits that the current coach is using. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

sunni94

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Lane Kiffin tweeted a happy birthday wish to Britney Spears. I love the idea that the Raiders used to be coached by The Jakes.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:31 pm

I'm just going to say it: Tim Tebow sucks. He is not a good quarterback; he's a lucky quarterback on a halfway decent team. He is AWFUL for 80% of the games he's played although his good 20% comes at the right time, and their wins have more to do with the Broncos' defense and the chokeossitude of their opponents than with his game play. Yes, he is enthusiastic and has a will to win and blah blah blah everybody gets a trophy cakes. But strictly x's and o's? He sucks.

It's a great sports story for sure. But I think that a good part of the reason behind the pushing of the "Tebow Mystique" as opposed to straight up analysis of his game play is related to the good Christian boy doing good.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Amen. And you wouldn't believe the nasty looks I get when I say I don't like him. Especially when talking to other religious friends and they're holding him up to this standard of "greatest Christian athlete EVAR!" which is kind of an insult to other players who are just as committed to their faith but don't make a big show of it. I'm sorry, but the impression I get is that he's trying to LOOK super holy, not that he really is. But I don't know his inner thoughts so I could be wrong. Regardless, I had him shoved down my throat all during his collegiate career, I'm not listening to this during his pro career. I just want him to GO AWAY.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:54 pm

He would have had a good passing performence yesterday if the receivers didn't decide to split a bucket of KFC in the middle of the game.

His rawness kind of reminds me of a young Randall Cunningham. Hopefully he can develop like him.

There's also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:09 pm

The real MVP for the Broncos, imo, is rookie defender Von Miller. That guy is an absolute beast.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:11 pm

You could see the difference last week when he was out. Surround him with a little more talent and I think this defense might be something special.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  boutros boutros kitty Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Deadspin isn't a fan of Tebow's, and they had this today: http://deadspin.com/5867461/did-tim-tebow-break-up-lindsey-vonns-marriage?tag=tim-tebow

boutros boutros kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:36 pm

It's been a open secret that the V-Card thing is no more or at best he's a "virgin". It makes me like him a bit more. Humanizes him. Now if he could break up Brady and Giselle...

I do understand the frustration with the overexposure. ESPN has tunnel vision and on top of that Farve and TO haven't been around.

Also the possibility of Josh McDaniels taking over a division rival would be the best Chanukah gift of all.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:48 pm

The Chiefs beat the undefeated Packers... the Colts finally score a win... is it opposite day in the NFL today?
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:38 am

If you don't like Tebow, you should hope he does well this Sunday. Even with a loss, no one could hold a playoff failure versus the Steelers against a QB with under a full year starting on what is a rebuilding team against someone so the debate will go on all summer. He does well, that will at least muffle it a bit and things will play out on the field next year.

The draft should be interesting now the Barkley and Landry Jones opted to go back to school. There are a few teams going to be desperate to land Robert Griffin III and the Rams don't need a QB at #2.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:05 am

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Colts traded the #1 pick (but not THE MOST VALUABLE PICK EVAR!! OMG shut up ESPN). It's a valuable pick and they need to fill other positions way more desperately than they need a back-up quarterback. And word is that Andrew Luck's dad may talk the kid into pulling an Eli and have him not sit behind Peyton for 3-4 years anyway, which will probably suit Peyton just fine.

I've come to the realization that this Tebow thing isn't going anywhere anytime soon no matter how he plays because his fanbase is made in large parts of people who know squat about football and simply like the kid. That's fine--he seems like a nice enough kid but, he completed 6 passes out of 22 attempts. In the NFL. In an entire game. I think I could complete at least 3 from sheer dumb luck before being killed.

Oh, and because it can't be said enough, way to stay klassy, Jets.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:10 pm

There were a couple of talking heads on ESPN recently discussing the biggest topics in sports talk radio for 2011. They concluded that not only was Tebow the biggest sports talk topic of 2011, but he was and will continue to be the biggest sports talk topic EVER. Their evidence was that all the ESPN radio hosts' phones/twitter/whatever absolutely blow up whenever they're talking about him, and there's no sign that's slowing down even a little bit. We shall see.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Praise the Lord and pass the Pats!

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm

What do you know? open up the game plan a bit and good things happen.

So Mr. I a 1st and a 2nd for Carson Palmer...ouch!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:35 pm

IT'S NEVER GOING TO END IS IT?!?!?! My Giants won but no matter, for the next 5 days it's going to be ALL TEBOW, ALL THE TIME.

The creepy religious undertone of all the Tebow mania irritates me to no end. It's as if he, more than anyone else, DESERVES to win because he loves Jesus the mostest. Which, no. I love Jesus too, but that has nothing to do with whether I should be given all the praise and credit for doing a mediocre job.

Also? Stupidest playoff overtime rules. EVER.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:41 pm

truecrystal wrote:IT'S NEVER GOING TO END IS IT?!?!?! My Giants won but no matter, for the next 5 days it's going to be ALL TEBOW, ALL THE TIME.

The creepy religious undertone of all the Tebow mania irritates me to no end. It's as if he, more than anyone else, DESERVES to win because he loves Jesus the mostest. Which, no. I love Jesus too, but that has nothing to do with whether I should be given all the praise and credit for doing a mediocre job.
Well the Broncos arch-rivals are the Raiders...do the math.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 pm

The Dude wrote:So Mr. I a 1st and a 2nd for Carson Palmer...ouch!

No need to get ugly; god appreciates a gracious winner, you know.

Besides, we have Terrell Pryor, the next coming of JaMarcus Russell Andrew Walter Josh McCown Rick Mirer.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:28 pm

truecrystal wrote:IT'S NEVER GOING TO END IS IT?!?!?! My Giants won but no matter, for the next 5 days it's going to be ALL TEBOW, ALL THE TIME.

Also? Stupidest playoff overtime rules. EVER.

I'm going to have to sign off the internets and have my cable turned off and end my newspaper subscription and barricade myself in my home. That's about the only way I can avoid hearing you-know-who's name. And what's even sadder, I'm going to have to read my Bible at home alone too because church? Who cares about hearing about Jesus! He's not Tebow!
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Y'all my cousin is a Gator and she graduated in Tebow's class you don't even know how much shit I have to listen about him, ESPN or no.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Has anyone caught ESPN's documentary about former Oklahoma and NFL running back Marcus Dupree? I watched the second half of it this afternoon, it's fascinating and I would definitely recommend it. I remember much of what they chronicled back when it was actually happening, and it was interesting to hear the behind-the-scenes of what actually happened with his college and pro "career," and even moreso what the guy is up to now.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:52 pm

So what I'm hearing here is that you're all Tom Brady fans for the next 7 days, yes? Excellent.

Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 am

I laughed and laughed when the announcer screamed "THAT'S THE PLAY THEY'VE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR THE PAST THREE WEEKS!!!" when Tebow threw the first deep ball. Seriously, so much excitement over a long pass. That's just sad.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:48 am

Miss Moneypenny wrote:So what I'm hearing here is that you're all Tom Brady fans for the next 7 days, yes? Excellent.

You know what? While fiance is a Pats fan, that didn't bring me over. I generally don't care about football, and have had an knee-jerk anti-MA sports teams after being annoyed once too much by a mouthy "woe is us, we get slightly less money than the Yankees" BoxSox fan (an unfair generalization of the fans and teams, I know). Years I DID NOT CARE about the Pats, regardless of the Superbowls and the winning seasons...

Then one day, I was at the gym and looked up at the TVs there, catching a look at Mr. Brady. And for whatever reason, I finally processed what had been there all along. BOY is FINE! Especially now that he lost that awful mop hair. Maybe it's the current hair that explains why I suddenly see his attractiveness, or just the contrast with the prior awful.

So yes, I will cheer Brady. Because he's a good looking cat. I hear he's also talented but don't really care about that! :P Apparently all my sports choices will now be based on attractiveness.

One of my friends actually tried to argue that Tebow is better looking. NUTS. No way. And I'd better not hear any blasphemy suggesting either of the Mannings.....

Last edited by Matinee on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum