Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football

+41
killershrew
particle_person
Shadowlass
tothemax
naughty zoot
Poubelle
mialoubug
oxymoron
Arabella
NewYorkStranger
Herinice
Raised by wolves
Matinee
Miss Moneypenny
sunni94
mrinsouciance
Never Enough
bookworm
Kookla
laddical
nazlan
TiffanyNichelle
Binky
puddingcup
big chicken
RiverThames
blooey
maxell131313
PrincessCleo
boutros boutros kitty
Lady V
year of the cat
jstilwe
dinahmoe
biakbiak
Algae
Jasmine
truecrystal
The Dude
jcpdiesel21
blixie
45 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Football      - Page 4 Empty Re: Football

Post  The Dude Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Sandusky is most likely going to die in prison. Joe Pa is 84 and I don't think he'll see much of the civil suits when he's alive. As for McQ, his coaching career is so over and who in the hell will hire him now? Maybe he's got some friends, but that stain isn't going to come off.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:55 pm

Maybe not, but is he a good coach? If so, I think he'll scrape something out eventually. I was just reading this swimming blog post about a coach who has spent four years in prison in Spain, admitted to playing a leading role in an international steroid trafficking ring, helped dispose of and burn a dead body, and is under a lifetime coaching ban. But not only is he still apparently coaching a swim team in Canada, the parents flipped out when the Canadian swimming people tried to shut the club down.

If McQueary has any coaching talent at all, I bet he'll end up as a coach for some low-level college team somewhere. It might take a few years, but once all the publicity dies down, people will move on to the next big scandal. If this guy has any friends and he's good at what he does, they'll help him get a job somewhere.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:47 am

Before this, all the conference shuffling was killing my interest in college football, now...

Two completions, top two RBs knocked out early and the Broncos still win.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Who in their right mind would let an accused serial child rapist out on no bail with no ankle monitoring? Apparently someone who volunteers for his charity. Just when I thought it couldn't get more head desk-y.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:09 am

I don't know why this article makes me so angry. I like to believe in innocent until proven guilty, and I don't know anything that hasn't been reported in the national news, but still, the lying lies here make me super angry.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:30 am

puddingcup wrote:I don't know why this article makes me so angry. I like to believe in innocent until proven guilty, and I don't know anything that hasn't been reported in the national news, but still, the lying lies here make me super angry.

It's because normal people don't pretend that naked horseplay with prepubescent boys is a thing you do, ever.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:39 am

I'm a believer in innocent until guilty as well, but it doesn't really apply here. Putting aside the allegations of rape for a minute, Sandusky is already copping to some very inappropriate behavior in that article. It's just that he's following his admission up with, "But there's nothing wrong with that! It's perfectly innocent," because he's hoping that will take the focus off what he did and make the acts to which he is admitting seem more innocuous than they are.

He's redirecting the discussion away from Did Sandusky behave inappropriately? (yes) and toward At what point does horseplay with little boys in the shower become inappropriate? which implies that there is a point at which it is not inappropriate. His team is not denying that he was playing with boys in the shower, they're trying to subtly point people toward thinking that some horseplay in the shower is okay. That is not a question people should even be pondering.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 am

The thing is, I do believe that adults can shower with children and it can be innocent and nonsexual and totally ok, especially within one's family, but also even beyond family. I mean, my parents grew up in a culture with public bathhouses. I just don't believe that this guy's showering was appropriate, nor do I believe that it stopped with the showering. And WTH is "horseplay"?

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:37 pm

It sounds like the Michael Jackson defense. OK against all apperances and common sense let's say Sandusky is telling the truth, he didn't violate the letter of the law. How stupid would you have to be to keep up with that behavior for years after you got in pretty serious trouble for it.

This is deffinately not a McMartin case. He's guilty of something.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:50 pm

It looks like Paterno had an idea that shit was about to go down and protected his assets.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Timeline of events. Super disturbing.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:11 pm

I really do feel physically ill right now. And like I'm about to cry.

But I do have a question. I've seen it referenced here, but not discussed in depth, what the hell is up with the DA going missing?

April 15, 2005: Gricar, the Centre County District Attorney who chose not to press charges against Sandusky in 1998, goes missing and is never heard from again. His car is found the next day in nearby Lewisburg, Pa.

July 2005: Gricar's county-issued laptop is discovered in a river. Its hard drive is missing.

October 2005: The hard drive to Gricar's computer is found on a riverbank, but no data can be recovered. Four years later, it is discovered that internet searches run on the computer before Gricar disappeared include "how to wreck a hard drive," "how to fry a hard drive," and "water damage to a notebook computer."

I just... I can't even process this. This is mafia territory with sending someone after the guy who could bust you. Except he wasn't going to press charges. So was the guy so racked with guilt he killed himself and tried to destory the evidence with him?

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:24 pm

I read somewhere last week that the DA had tackled several fairly major cases since 1998, and if there was foul play involved, there were several other cases that could have been the motivation. Of course, I can't remember the details (damn cold meds) or find the article, so take that with a grain of salt. However, I do find it unlikely that somebody involved with the Sandusky case randomly decided to take the DA out 7 years after the fact. I suspect it's just a coincidence.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Ah, I missed that he originally knew 7 years previously. I started losing track of who knew when, the list was getting so long with each bullet point.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:00 pm

I think I read somewhere that the prosecutor was working on some big drug case at the time, which was more likely the cause of his disappearance. Still an eerie coincidence.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:33 pm

McQueary says he stopped the sexual assault of a child and told the police and an official at the university in charge of police. The police say he didn't.

Apparently McQueary sent an email to his buddies saying that he did stop the assault and reported what he saw to the police. Did he take the child to a safe place and call the authorities? Did he knock Sandusky unconscious and run off with the child? Did he do anything to remove the child from the predator who was attacking him? Or did he just make sure there was no longer penetration going on before leaving to go call his daddy?

In other words, shut the fuck up, McQueary. I swear, everybody involved in this story related to Penn State is coming off like assholes. Now there are tales that Sandusky's lawyer impregnated and then married his 17-year old client when he was 49. Seriously.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:56 am

I love that McQueary thinks covering his ass is to insinuate he LIED to a grand jury by not mentioning he stopped the assault and told police. I mean really you are in front of the grand jury and the most important thing you want them to take away from your testimony is that you called your dad and told your boss? Not that you stopped shit and called the cops. RIGHT.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:14 am

And now for a far more positive story in football.

The BCS, it is screwed. Oregon, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State all get beaten. So now the (probable) top three teams are all in the SEC West: LSU, Alabama, and Arkansas. Arkansas and LSU meet the day after Thanksgiving for one huge, huge game. (Or, it's huge for us Arkansas fans!)

So will history be made in having two teams from the same conference play for a national title? At least, since the BCS began?
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  boutros boutros kitty Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:20 am

Maxell, that's going to be huge for us Alabama fans, too! What a weekend. I can't believe how crazy the games this weekend went. I can't believe I had to cheer for Lane Kiffin to win a freaking ballgame.

boutros boutros kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:07 pm

maxell131313 wrote:And now for a far more positive story in football.

The BCS, it is screwed. Oregon, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State all get beaten. So now the (probable) top three teams are all in the SEC West: LSU, Alabama, and Arkansas. Arkansas and LSU meet the day after Thanksgiving for one huge, huge game. (Or, it's huge for us Arkansas fans!)

So will history be made in having two teams from the same conference play for a national title? At least, since the BCS began?

I hope not. Alabama has already had their chance against LSU. I'd rather see LSU face another opponent. A similar situation happened back in 2006(?) with Michigan and Ohio State and they didn't get a chance to play a rematch.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:26 pm

I'd pull for an LSU - Alabama rematch. The first game was excellent if you like defense.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:41 am

As if Arkansas fans weren't grieving enough over the sudden death of one of the football players yesterday, the assholes from Westboro Baptist are coming to picket his funeral. I hate these people so, so much. And I especially hurt for his family who suddenly lose their son and brother for mysterious reasons and now have to deal with these pieces of excrement.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  boutros boutros kitty Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:45 am

Okay. That's just bullshit. Arkansas fans need to rally and use the RVs to create a barrier that they cannot cross. And if they do, "accidentally" drive over them, or something.

I can't imagine what that family is going through, and to have those assholes involved now just sucks.

boutros boutros kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:04 am

How did Phelps even attach this tragedy to the gay?
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:47 am

At some point I'm hoping Tebow pulls a Dread Pirate Roberts and says "I'm not really left handed", because that is one ugly-ass throw he has. But there are few sights more gratifying in football than watching Phil Rivers knocked to the turf.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum