Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vampire Diaries

+46
sunni94
Muggsy
DarkSpork
UmaOprah
choubetcha
lisaslobe
epudom
Luciano
xyzzy
CindyMc
PineappleGirl
Carrie Ann
Heather
winniety
filwdork
chibimanda
preciosa
Auroura76
MaddyCat
Raised by wolves
Corellderaan
laurelin_kit
Raksha
sen3
dday515
Nerg
BrightEyes
truecrystal
curryalley
Gallifrey Girl
Gillian
SNeaker
Caramel Coffee
queenofdenile
salamandersam
QueenSix
nikita
big chicken
mialoubug
Jessica
Lily Rose
Kiran
aninnocent
dionneshea
jensa
blixie
50 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

The Vampire Diaries - Page 15 Empty Re: The Vampire Diaries

Post  SNeaker Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:53 pm

I know most people would consider it a copout, but I would love for them to find a way to prevent Elena from becoming a vampire. Never liked that idea, never will.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:55 pm

I was against it for a long time, but if this keeps us from having an "Elena's in peril! Let's try to save her!" plot every other week, I'm all for it. At least Klaus won't be able to use her for his hybrid-making blood bag anymore.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:20 pm

SNeaker wrote:I know most people would consider it a copout, but I would love for them to find a way to prevent Elena from becoming a vampire. Never liked that idea, never will.
I wouldn't consider it a copout, but I have gotten to the point of acceptance with her being a vampire, and without reading any spoilers, I think there's about 0% chance they're going back on this. For me, the real question for the season is: how are you going to bring Alaric back to life (or "life," I'm not picky)? Obviously this new show of his is going nowhere, so....
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:54 pm

I would like to know how they plan on bringing back Klaus in Klaus' body. The Caroline with Tyler-as-Klaus creeps me out.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Yeah, I am really not looking forward to seeing Klaus essentially rape Caroline while he's in Tyler's body.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:05 pm

I love my VAMPIRE SHOW. I'm re-watching the penultimate ep and it's just SO GOOD. Get her faster October 11th. OH and how did I not hear Gabby Douglas is getting a cameo? Awesomesauce.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:48 pm

SHE IS?! Oh my god I love this show. I let my aunt borrow my season 1 DVDs because she has somehow seen seasons 2 and 3 but NOT 1, and I desperately want them right now so I can do a marathon from the beginning.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Thank the baby Jesus or whichever deity you choose to chat with, THIS SHOW is back tonight.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:03 pm

I am SO READY for Vampire Diaries craziness. Bring it, show!

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Can't wait! One more hour to go.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:17 pm

It's starting here on Monday night so I'm going to have to avoid half the internet sites I usually frequent, as well as this thread, until then! But I am so happy this show is back!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:54 pm

What? We're 24 hours post premiere and no posts? I've read reviews that people hated the finale but I LOVED IT!

I'm pro-vamp-Elena so I was glad that she completed the transition. I actually kind of liked the fact that while she was angsty about turning into a vampire, it wasn't an endless barrage of emo-Elena because that wouldn't have rung true to me since she's in love with 2 one and best friends with another who she's seen go through the transition. And even though that final shot of Elena and Stefan staring into the sunset had DOOMED!! written all over it, I refuse to abandon that 'ship.

Damon's pissiness about Matt being alive was petty and annoying and totally Damon. Michael Trevino rocked as Klaus and managed to bring Klaus-like chemistry with Carolina. I approve. Speaking of, I'm glad Klaus is sticking around because I like how unpredictable he is. Plus he and his sister/lover need to fight and make-up. And then Bonnie! Being bad ass and wrong with the Dark Magicks! I hope this means she's getting a real storyline this season.

Still trying to digest the preacher storyline, but I'm hopeful that the Council will come into play more this season. Now bring on Katherine and Elijah!

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:29 pm

I am waiting and waiting for Katherine to show up. I can't freaking wait. Yeah, she and Elena will fight, and yeah, I guess it will be awesome, but I mostly can't wait for her initial reaction to the news of Elena's transition and to her millions of pissy, snarky little remarks. It's going to be glorious.

I thought Michael Trevino did a great job as Klaus. His line deliveries were a little forced, but that's always an issue with him anyway. I thought he nailed the body language and the facial expressions. I am also super glad that Klaus is back in his proper body. It's a little anticlimactic that it happened so quickly, but I needed Joseph Morgan back. There are times I have no use for Klaus and wish we could get a break, but no matter how I'm feeling about Klaus, I always love Joseph Morgan. Now, bring back Elijah!

Speaking of anticlimactic, I thought the episode totally lost steam after Elena fed. It was so weird. I thought they did a pretty great job of making the transition seem awful without torturing the audience, but I swear it felt like the episode just deflated as soon as Elena went outside to stop Damon from killing Matt. She was just regular old Elena as soon as her vampire face went away. I feel like Caroline and Vicki had it worse than her for some reason. Or maybe we've just seen so many people transition that it's not a big deal anymore.

And speaking of Damon, I'm going to be so annoyed if they make a big deal out of Elena meeting Damon first. I thought that whole scene in the finale was such bullshit. That was Season 3 Damon interacting with Season 1 Elena, and I call shenanigans. This show gets so many things right, especially with the triangle. They didn't make a big deal about it last night, which is good, and I hope it stays that way. It will be beyond frustrating if that one bullshit scene ends up being instrumental in turning things in Damon's favor when there are plenty of other, more legit ways they can do it, or could have done it last season.

After two and a half paragraphs of complaints, I will say that I loved the rest of the episode. Really! I hope the council plays a big role this season, I hope Bonnie gets a good story that rises above Dark Willow, and I hope Matt continues to get as much screen time as he's been getting. Elena's transition made me seriously twitchy and uncomfortable, which is a good thing. Damon was Damon, Stefan was Stefan, Elena was Elena. I'm curious to see how her heightened emotions affect her relationships with her boyfriends. Heightened loyalty to Stefan, heightened attraction to Damon, that poor girl's brain is probably going to explode.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:07 am

As usual, this show astonishes me with how fast it moves. Any other show would've strung out the Klaus-in-Tyler's-body thing for at least several episodes. And they set up a lot of great storylines, too, especially Klaus and Rebekah hating on each other. Brilliant.

I liked the way the showed Elena's Damon memories coming back. Well done.

I'm just relieved this show is back! Phew!

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:10 am

The only thing as great as this show being back is that it means Price Peterson's recaps are back too. He did not disappoint with his recap of the premiere. (It even has a Saved by the Bell reference!)

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Yay! I love his recaps. Approximately 1/3 of the reason I was so upset when The Secret Circle was canceled was because there would be no more recaps. I can't tell you how much I miss all the [CLIP CLOP] over screencaps of Cassie running.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Raksha wrote:Yay! I love his recaps. Approximately 1/3 of the reason I was so upset when The Secret Circle was canceled was because there would be no more recaps. I can't tell you how much I miss all the [CLIP CLOP] over screencaps of Cassie running.
The cast of The Secret Circle CLIP CLOPs at Price on Twitter sometimes, and it is so funny.

I may have started watching Teen Wolf just so I could read his recaps. Worth it!

I was...disappointed with the premiere. I'm not sure why. I guess I'm tired of the ping-ponging back and forth between Stefan and Damon. Just...pick a boy and enjoy yourself. Or have them both! I think everyone would be happy then.

I love love love Joseph Morgan, but Klaus is so played out as a villain. I do not know what else they have planned for him, and I never regret watching him, but I feel like they need to go big with a new villain for the show.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Lily Rose wrote:I may have started watching Teen Wolf just so I could read his recaps. Worth it!

*gasp* How did I not know about this??

I was...disappointed with the premiere. I'm not sure why. I guess I'm tired of the ping-ponging back and forth between Stefan and Damon. Just...pick a boy and enjoy yourself. Or have them both! I think everyone would be happy then.

I feel the same way you do. I was a bit disappointed with the premier, but I have a hard time putting my finger on why. Maybe it's because I didn't believe the danger? Obviously Elena was going to become a vampire. So mostly I was just irritated with all the delaying and trying things that obviously wouldn't work. And why is she acting like it's suuuch a horrible thing to be a vampire? Her BFF Caroline and both her boyfriends are vampires and she's fine with that. (And they are both her boyfriends. She's just extra mean to Damon, because he likes it when women hurt him, let's be honest)

I love love love Joseph Morgan, but Klaus is so played out as a villain. I do not know what else they have planned for him, and I never regret watching him, but I feel like they need to go big with a new villain for the show.

Yeah, I don't know what they're going to do with him. I'm just glad they didn't drag out the Klaus-in-Tyler's-body thing and I'm really, REALLY happy they didn't go there with the Caroline-thinks-he's-Tyler rape. Yay for not being horrible, Show!

Oh well. Here's hoping next ep is better!

ETA: Oh yeah! And how did all that vervain work to knock the vampires out? Don't they all chug the stuff so it won't hurt them? Did the Council, like, use extra-strength vervain or something? Also I'm getting sick of Caroline getting kidnapped all the time.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:45 am

Raksha wrote:
Lily Rose wrote:I may have started watching Teen Wolf just so I could read his recaps. Worth it!

*gasp* How did I not know about this??
I don't knoooow, because they are delightful. He practically gets high off that show.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Yeah, I don't know what they're going to do with him. I'm just glad they didn't drag out the Klaus-in-Tyler's-body thing and I'm really, REALLY happy they didn't go there with the Caroline-thinks-he's-Tyler rape. Yay for not being horrible, Show!
I was so relieved about this. I sort of wonder whether they partially avoided it because then they might have to bring up the other time Caroline was sexually exploited, and they don't particularly want us to remember early Season 1 Damon anymore (as Gillian pointed out).

While I was a little disappointed that the Tyler-Klaus thing ended so quickly, I LOVED that Caroline figured it out with such a small clue. When he called her "love," my best friend and I were like, "Come ON, Caroline! Tyler would never call you 'love!'" And five seconds later.... That's the kind of thing this show does that keeps me coming back. It's so disappointing when characters are stupid for no reason, and the TVD writers are rarely that lazy.

That said, I found the episode lacking a bit as well, like, "Get on with it." I knew Elena was going to become a vampire, so all the machinations to try to stop it just felt like stalling. If it had been made more clear at the end of the episode that Klaus was now at loose ends - no need to find his family, no need to try to capture Elena - that aspect might have been more interesting. But instead it was just a rehash of all of his and Rebekah's previous fights about family and loyalty and blah blah blah. So bored with them.

Last edited by Carrie Ann on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:06 pm

I've BEEN done with Klaus and Rebekah for about a season and a half, so that part of the episode was very blah for me.

I am also very happy that they didn't go through with Caroline/Klaus-in-Tyler's-body, but overall, I was underwhelmed by this episode. My favorite thing about it was the direction of the "Elena's heightened senses" scenes - that was very well done. But the rest of it seemed too...easy.

And I want everyone to STOP BEING MEAN TO MATT. His life is not worth less than Elena's just because he doesn't have two vampire brothers in love with him.

I did like that the "Elena met Damon first!!" flashback was ultimately much less important to her than his first confession of love/returning of the locket. That memory is and should be more significant than a chance meeting on a bridge.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 pm

I didn't really want Elena to be vamped, but at least now she won't be in danger from someone wanting her doppelganger blood every other week. And to be honest, waiting to see how Katherine deals with it all might just be worth it.

I'm now confused about the Council. Did the Crazy Reverend kill everyone that was left? Are they going to come back as ghosts?
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm really confused about the Council too - it did seem like they were set up to be the opposing force this year, and I was interested in where that was going. It would be... odd if that fight were to take place in the ~Spirit Realm~ or whatever.

As far as Elena being vamped: (Baseless speculation)
Spoiler:
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:28 am

I liked this episode a lot. BRING BACK ALARIC! Damon drinking alone at the bar made me so sad, and his monologue at his BFF's grave was fantastic. As was Ghost Alaric. I need him to find his way back onto the show sooner rather than later. Damon needs him!

I thought the scene (scenes?) at the church was really well-done, specifically all the supernatural kids talking to each other from various points in the sanctuary. I really liked that for some reason. I feel like Elena's first human feed should have been messier and harder to stop, but freaking chivalrous Matt just killed me, so whatevs. I love that boy. So, so much.

Even though never-ending triangles frustrate me, I thought the triangle stuff tonight was really well-done as well. How do they manage to nail it so well 92% of the time? All of the conflict was so organic and 100% in character. Of course Stefan, fresh off his latest ripper stint, is hell-bent on keeping Elena from flipping her humanity switch (and holy moly, I think this show is totally ballsy enough to go there one day). Of course cynic Damon wants her to go nuts and get it over with already, because it is definitely inevitable. I think Damon is right in this situation, but Stefan's adamance makes total sense anyway. Every time I started to think Stefan was being unrealistic and dumb, based on what he's gone through over the years, he would mention Elena turning off her emotions to deal with her crippling guilt, and then I'd be all, "Yeah, that's valid." I don't think he's going to be able to stop it, but I totally believe that he will never stop trying to stop it.

Loved that they mentioned Zach at the lantern memorial. I totally forgot about that guy. I also couldn't help but notice that 3 of the first 4 people they mentioned at the memorial were killed by Damon (I am including Vicki in that group. Damon gets off on a technicality, but he's mostly responsible for that one). I bet that's totally part of the reason he stormed off at the end there.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  lisaslobe Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:01 am

God, This SHOW. The lanterns didn't get me -- they were very sweet, but "aww, that's sweet" was the extent of my reaction. Damon and Alaric at the end? KILLED ME. So, so well done and both actors totally nailed it. Such a beautiful scene.

I thought the scene (scenes?) at the church was really well-done, specifically all the supernatural kids talking to each other from various points in the sanctuary. I really liked that for some reason.

I had a similar reaction, I think, because I LOVED that scene, and I don't know that I could tell you WHY, exactly. It was just...perfectly tense. The acting was great. The staging was terrific...like you, I loved seeing them carry on a conversation from across the room, particularly the reactions to Damon's "it's a trap, fools!" revelation. I actually watched that scene twice, from the moment the blood started dripping from the ceiling to the end, just because it was so well done.

I also loved that the two feeding scenes (Damon and Matt, anyway, not Bambi) were so grotesquely...intimate. They were so very wrong, and yet...strangely alluring. But WRONG! That's a hard tightrope to walk without going into camp/squick/blegh territory, and I thought they nailed it.

Oh! And I just want to smish Caroline for how awesome she was at the end with Elena. Her character just gets better and better and I hope we see more of that this year, and more of Elena coping with the psychological effects of her new unlife, instead of just her propensity to vomit blood.

Great episode. I was lukewarm on the premiere, but there was a lot to like about this one.

lisaslobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next