Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vampire Diaries

+46
sunni94
Muggsy
DarkSpork
UmaOprah
choubetcha
lisaslobe
epudom
Luciano
xyzzy
CindyMc
PineappleGirl
Carrie Ann
Heather
winniety
filwdork
chibimanda
preciosa
Auroura76
MaddyCat
Raised by wolves
Corellderaan
laurelin_kit
Raksha
sen3
dday515
Nerg
BrightEyes
truecrystal
curryalley
Gallifrey Girl
Gillian
SNeaker
Caramel Coffee
queenofdenile
salamandersam
QueenSix
nikita
big chicken
mialoubug
Jessica
Lily Rose
Kiran
aninnocent
dionneshea
jensa
blixie
50 posters

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

The Vampire Diaries - Page 14 Empty Re: The Vampire Diaries

Post  BrightEyes Fri May 11, 2012 4:46 pm

And there will never be another doppleganger, unless Elena had a baby when she was 14. Oh Bex. Klaus will not be amused.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Fri May 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Good grief that was awesome. I wasn't spoiled and had NO IDEA where that was heading. Sad about Alaric. It was odd to see Aunt Jenna back for such a small bit.

Stefan, you adorable, hunky but dumb vampire. In the time it took you to argue with Elana about who to save, you could have saved them both.

Can't wait to find out whether Elana knew she had vampire blood in her.

Thank goodness this show was renewed!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Fri May 11, 2012 8:54 pm

You guys, Alaric died in Damon's arms. *sob*

Okay I've been thinking about this vampire blood/Original bloodline issue, and I'm surprised that no one on the show brought up the possibility that killing Klaus might not hurt Tyler, given that Tyler is also a werewolf. Obviously I don't know if that's true, but I'd think that someone would at least consider that.

Also, I realized we don't know which Original started the bloodline of the vampire blood Elena drank. I hope it's Elijah!

Also, if Meredith has blood samples from vampires who are part of Finn's bloodline, what happens to those samples now that Finn is gone?
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri May 11, 2012 9:21 pm

I also wondered where Mere got her stash of Vamp blood. She still seems sketchy to me.

Maybe I could have bought it more if he wasn't acting like such a woobie, not like I remember S1 Damon AT ALL.

I actually did think he seemed like puckish dickish Damon of S1, BUT I just found it a really weird scene given the portent of "...maybe if I had met you first..." and whatnot, that it should have more....something. Damon's attitude seemed so casual upon meeting a Katherine look a like. I mean yeah he was just chilling til tomb opening time, but still, it was a little too catch on you on the flip side for me to take as this deep meaningful reveal. Elena didn't really appear any more than intrigued by the idea that she could flirt with danger, not like he had seen inside her very soul and spoke her secret sexy truth.

I mean I'm down with some Damon/Elena action at some point, and on a meta fan anxiety level I'm worried them giving Stefan this win means he loses long time, but shit I don't care man, for now Stefan is THE PICKED. Stelena 4 Eva bitches!

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Sat May 12, 2012 8:28 am

blixie wrote:Damon's attitude seemed so casual upon meeting a Katherine look a like.

Upon rewatch, this is how I feel too. Damon/Elena is fine if he's what she wants. They have done a great job of making D/E a believable choice to me. So that "they have an epic destiny too!" flashback wasn't needed. Don't like when stuff like that is shoe-horned in 'cause I can't help but think it's done to try and balance out or triangulate various fan expectations. Guess it's inevitable that the longer a fannish show goes on, more obvious fanservice-y things will start popping up. But for now I still trust this show to stay true to plot and characterization.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Sun May 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Jessica wrote:I literally did the Arms In the Air Touchdown signal when Elijah showed up.

SO MANY FEELINGS. Matt BETTER be alive (I don't want to spoil myself) and also KATHERINE IS GOING TO FREAK OUT. Also: what does it mean to all the various doppleganger-related myths if the doppleganger is a vampire? SO MANY QUESTIONS. Also: Tyler?!?!?! Also: tears. Also also also that was a really really really really good episode.
These many feelings are also my feelings. I paused the Tivo and did a couch dance when Elijah came on. "Hello again." ILU Elijah.

So I was never a huge fan of Katherine, but she definitely grew on me toward the end of Season 2 and this season. I cannot WAIT for her to find out about Elena. She's going to try to kill her, right? EEEeeee. So excited. I miss Katherine.

Tyler has to be OK. He has to be. I think Klaus's real body still exists, and he'll transfer back into it when he's damn good and ready, because with Alaric gone, there's no reason he NEEDS to pretend to be dead. I just hope it happens before Caroline is victimized by him in Tyler's body. How pissed is she going to be at Bonnie, BTW? I'm kind of excited for that too.

Finally, triangle blah. Damon really pissed me off this episode, so I was glad Elena didn't choose him. As one of you pointed out earlier, he said a couple of really disrespectful things about Elena during the episode, and after one of them, I turned to my best friend and said, "Why does he even want to be with her? He kind of can't stand her." I just don't find that dynamic appealing anymore, I guess. I do hope that all of their dynamics change now that she's a vampire, and it would be super if part of what happened is that Damon stopped acting like she's just an idiot with a pretty face.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Mon May 14, 2012 12:35 am

I JUST watched it. I don't know how I lasted all the way until Sunday night, but I did, and HOLY SHIT THIS SHOOOOOWWW.

First and foremost, I must join those of you who call bullshit on the Damon Met Elena First scene. It didn't feel right to me at all. I seriously thought that unconscious Damon was having a dream of what could have happened *had* he met Elena first. I just do not believe that that is a conversation that those two characters would have had, in that way, in that moment in time. I do not believe that Damon would have been that "whatevs" at seeing a Katherine look-alike, and I do not believe that Elena would have been that flirty with some random 30-year-old she met in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere. Damon's vibe was just really off. He had the Season One smugness, but he didn't have the creepy "I like to eat ladies I come across in the woods" vibe he had for so much of the first part of that season.

Yay Stefan/Elena! But also yikes, because this:
and on a meta fan anxiety level I'm worried them giving Stefan this win means he loses long time,
I'm afraid of this. I'm happy with Elena's choice for now, though, because it is the right one. I could see Elena, right now in this moment, choosing to be with Damon if Stefan were still a lost cause. Or if she and Damon had started something up, and then well-adjusted Stefan showed back up and made a play, I could see her legitimately making either choice. But I cannot see her choosing a new relationship with Damon over her old relationship with Stefan. Damon/Elena just haven't gotten there yet. The thing I like about the triangle is that I feel like Damon and Elena have earned their shot. Their relationship works the way it's actually played out, with Elena hating him at first because he was a dick, developing a friendship with him after he proved himself pretty much loyal to Stefan, and then to Elena, and then developing romantic feelings because they went through so much together this season. That works. There's no need to feed all this extra destiny stuff into it the way they did with Rose's speech in the Colorado episode and now with this "Damon met her first!" thing. I'm never going to ship Damon/Elena, but I can deal with it/respect it the way it's actually played out. It's crap like this that's going to make me flat-out hate it if they keep it up.

As for Stefan/Elena, YAY, and I completely love that he always, always honors her choices, but does anyone else not totally buy that he really would have left Elena to die down in the water? Because I'm not completely there. I get him letting her make choices that could conceivably lead to her death if they go wrong, but I don't necessarily believe that when she's literally dying right in front of his face and he can do something about it, he'd be able to NOT save her. Doesn't vampire strength apply to their legs? Couldn't he just grab both of them and kick like hell?

Okay, now that I've gotten all of that out of the way. I freaking love Matt Donovan, y'all. I would run away with him in a heartbeat. I want him to be on the show forever because his decency is unmatched, but I also kind of want some nice girl to come to town, sweep him off his feet, and take him away from all the batshit crazy forever. Poor Matt. I super love his and Jeremy's relationship, though. I'm kind of scared the two of them are going to be total alcoholics next season, being the only two humans left to deal with all of this.

Alaric! I need him back! He had such a great dynamic with so many of the characters, and I'm really going to miss it. I hope he comes around to chill with Jeremy and ghostly snark on Damon every once in a while.

Elijah! My most favorite original! I'm honestly kind of over Klaus, so the thought of Elijah and Rebekah being the two remaining originals running around Mystic Falls totally delighted me. I'm really ready for a break from Klaus, but if we're not going to get it, I need him back in Joseph Morgan's body post-haste.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu May 31, 2012 12:25 am

I miss THIS SHOW. And also Matt Donovan.

*at least Nina has been very high profile on the celebrity/carpet circuit and being super cute and bendy on Conan*

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Thu May 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Miss it too!

I'm rewatching Season 2 right now, and recently got to the part where Damon gives Rose her dream. A big deal is made about Damon saying how he doesn't care etc etc (though we know he does!), and I can't imagine he goes around telling people what he did for her - it seems very private, and not something he'd share. (Unless I'm forgetting something?) And yet...at the end of Season 3, Alaric says something to the effect of 'are you going to give me a dream, like you did for Rose?'

I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now having seen again just how much Damon was hiding his emotions and actions, I was kinda surprised.

And I'd forgotten just how long it was before we finally met Klaus! He's been mentioned now for a while, and I just saw the Klaus-in-Alaric episode, which I'd forgotten about.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:48 pm

We have S3 premiere date: The Vampire Diaries premieres Thursday, October 11 at 8/7c!

OCTOBER WTF?BBQ!!

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:32 pm

I know. This almost ruined my whole day. At least maybe we can have fewer breaks in the season?
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:59 pm

I think we all feel this way, Paul. Spinoff?

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:52 pm

bloomtoperish wrote:I think we all feel this way, Paul. Spinoff?
Holy moly, Klaus is going to be heartbroken if he ever sees that.

P.S. OCTOBER 11??? What the eff is that noise? I don't know how that got by me, but that's the worst news I've ever heard.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:34 pm

I think I'd rather have a late premiere date than all the hiatuses we got.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:42 pm

IDK though, I think we'll *still* get at least two major hiatuses, and one small one, so I still object to the late premiere date.

I think we all feel this way, Paul. Spinoff?

I'm sort of annoyed I've been to every TVD panel at ComiCon and they're usually PRETTY but kinda boring, this year it looks like it was a lot of fun and missed it dammit. I think because Kevin Williamson was moderating.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:50 pm

So amongst her many awesome traits and talents Gabby Douglas is a huge TVD fan and what did our awesome show do? THIS. Better than a Bieber vid.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:55 am

Holy crap, that is awesome! If I was her, I would totally pee myself.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:32 am

ZOMG! That was so cool of them to do. I would love to see a reaction vid of them seeing this.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:55 pm

So casting spoiler: Noooooooooooooooooo! Kevin Williamson hates me.
Spoiler:

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:18 pm

blixie wrote:So casting spoiler: Noooooooooooooooooo! Kevin Williamson hates me.
Spoiler:

Nah, Jake was cast in the next season of American Horror.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:14 pm

This is sad news indeed.

Here is Gabby's reaction to seeing the VD cast tribute.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:07 pm

He's also in the new Spider-Man movie. Although I agree with you about the other casting. Yikes.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:21 pm

So did everyone know Candice Accola has a v.v. cute and funny web series Dating Rules From My Future Self? This will help me get through the next two months of TVD-less landscape.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  PineappleGirl Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Season 4 Promo is here!

I thought the end of last season had kind of soured me on this show, but then I saw the promo and realized, yeah, I'm still all in.
PineappleGirl
PineappleGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Yeah, I am ready for October 11 to be here now.

Man, I kinda forgot that everyone in the Council knows everything now. That is going to be sticky.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next