Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherlock

+41
Shalamar
Gillian
nazlan
emrie
mo pie
bottle
Fiammetta
CindyMc
Lily Rose
salamandersam
Coneycat
mialoubug
Carrie Ann
Agent Sculder
schwa
Wildog27
laurelin_kit
Gallifrey Girl
puddingcup
sixchooks
Raksha
punzy
bookworm
Eris Rising
ActonBell
chibimanda
Evil Lincoln
RiverThames
Unlucky Bear
allochthonous
laddical
Esseilte
katha
Genevieve
Cutebutpsycho
Rhilin
epudom
vwlphb
Tabby
sagitare
QueenSix
45 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Sherlock - Page 3 Empty Re: Sherlock

Post  laddical Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:49 pm

I suspect "the worst" simply because it's the season finale, which needs a cliffhanger, and it's named "The Reichenbach Fall", which is a reference to where Holmes and Moriarty "died" in the books before Doyle decided to write some more stories. So I fully expect the series to end in such a way that Holmes is absolutely, incontrovertibly, obviously dead... and then we'll come back in Series 3 and he'll be all, "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Dammit! You guys are so lucky that you get to watch the series as it comes out! I'm late to the game because I only just got Netflix last week, but now I'm dying to see the new episodes.
chibimanda
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 pm

I just started watching Sherlock 2 weeks ago and am now totally caught up. It is a really fun show and I love all the little details they throw in.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:19 am

In preparation for tonight's episode: the Reichenbach Survival Guide.

I do believe I'm going to pick up some ice cream on the way home tomorrow night. It'll pair well with the chocolate muffin of comfort and solace that I'll have at the ready.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:28 am

sagitare wrote:In preparation for tonight's episode: the Reichenbach Survival Guide.

Holy crap, that is BRILLIANT! And also worrying. I'm scared to watch the new episode now! (Confession: I've never actually read any Sherlock Holmes books, so each emotional blow to the stomach is completely unexpected to me)
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:52 am

sagitare, that is brilliant!

I've been rewatching series 1 with my mother, and we were wondering if "The Blind Banker" is supposed to refer back to any of the original stories?
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  sixchooks Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:07 pm

allochthonus, Wikipedia has a pretty good list of the allusions for each episode. "The Blind Banker" and "The Great Game" both take little bits from lots of Sherlock stories.

I am dying over here, people. I know that if at all possible, there will be a Season 3, but I'm expecting this episode to be very affecting nonetheless. I read "The Final Problem" last night and it's positively woobie in parts.
sixchooks
sixchooks

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Haha, that is awesome. Man, I'm so anxious for tonight.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm more or less repeating to myself 'They won't kill him. They won't kill him. They won't kill him'. With the occasional 'Permanently' thrown in.

What concerns me is that they know that the episode title would be a giveaway, so in order to have any surprises they have to have something not-obvious up their sleeves. I swear, if they throw John off a waterfall, I will not be pleased.
Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Steven Moffat's latest Twitter post.

I think I'm going to have to insist the dogs stay beside me on the couch for this one. I may need hugs and reassurance from them!!!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  sixchooks Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:15 pm

O. M. G. esselite. *flails*

I would recommend reading the story, if you enjoy lit-to-screen comparisons. The description of the falls is horrifying and beautiful at the same time.

I tend to think that they will be true to the story and count on their method of telling it to get the proper gasps and sobs.

ETA: I mean the physical waterfall. I would venture to say that Doyle was a pretty good nature writer.
sixchooks
sixchooks

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:43 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

OK, so (speculation ahoy!)

Spoiler:
I can't believe we have to wait another year for this to be resolved.
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:44 pm

My flabber has officially been gasted.

I think I need to try and watch that again tomorrow morning before I go to work.
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:49 pm

Okay, so when exactly do we get another episode? Is this the price we pay for hobbity Martin? Waiting for more Sherlock? Gah!
Spoiler:

But I'm still annoyed with Sherlock. Poor John.

Edited late to add...I'm amused that trending in the UK currently are: Sherlock, Moriarty, Molly, Conan Doyle, Martin Freeman and Reichenbach Falls. A few people watched tonight, then?
Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:47 pm

I...I...did you see...I...*flails faintly*

I spent most of that episode with bottom half of my face hidden behind my pyjama jacket. I couldn't hide behind the sofa, you see, as it's right against the wall and too heavy to move. But I was on tenterhooks. I also may have clutched Meg for the last half hour but she didn't mind.

Andrew Scott is an excellent Moriarty and the way he manages to inhabit other characters. So well done. I have to say, kudos to him for being a truly terrifying Moriarty. Martin Freeman made me cry at the end. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my mother surreptitiously wiping her eyes too. Damn you Sherlock, you broke John Watson's heart!! And then he broke mine, which was already broken from your final speech which goes to show how great John Watson is that he managed to break something that was already broken!!

Such a great episode. I need to watch it again.

ETA: anyone with access to BBC iPlayer want to check out the clip on the latest post on John Watson's blog? It won't play for me.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:08 am

Just started watching it.

Am 60 seconds in.

Martin Freeman has broken me.

Send more ice cream.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:35 am

Argh waiting a year for more!
Spoiler:

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  sixchooks Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:55 am

esseilte,* I'm going with your theories. Well thought out.

Cried. Like. A. Baby. Particularly when

Spoiler:

*There is something about your username that makes me unable to mimic the spelling. Apologies! I've had to correct this four times.

One more:
Spoiler:
sixchooks
sixchooks

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:13 am

"I was so alone, and I owe you so much."

I can't. I just...I can't. This show. THIS SHOW. MARTIN FUCKING FREEMAN.

When I've stopped crying, I'll post more.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:48 am

Unnnnnnnnnngh, I knew how it was going to end and it still broke my heart. Oh, Sherlock! Oh, JOHN. Having to watch your best friend going splat like that. And yes, Molly totally helped set it up.

"Friends are what keep you safe." BRB, CRYING FOREVER.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:27 am

QueenSix, the clip on John's blog is a news report about Sherlock's "unmasking" as a fraud, and subsequent death. I always think the BBC news teams must have a ball doing the clips for various programmes (but especially the Doctor Who ones!).

Spoiler:
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:04 pm

My husband wanted me to wait until he returned from his business trip to watch this episode. I told him I could not wait. I promised him no spoilers. I can't wait for him to see it and I really want to watch it again because there is so much going on. SO MUCH. AHHHHHHHH.
Also I need more. MORE!
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Just rewatched the ending, I was thinking when watching Sherlock on the phone, what beautiful hands he has. Then a little later...

Spoiler:

Why yes, I'm a tad obsessed today.
Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Esseilte, when John lifted the hand I thought part of the palm looked bluish, like bruising or pooling blood on an already dead body.

My only quibble with this episode is that, like others noted, it would have been so much better to have ended it with John walking away from the grave. It was unnecessary to pull back and show Sherlock standing there. Still, that's a minor gripe because the performances throughout were so stellar that there could have been a giant pink rabbit hopping through the police station and it wouldn't have taken away from the episode. Sherlock and Moriarty's tete-a-tete in the flat was great ("Honey, you should see me in a crown" was hilarious!). I loved how Andrew Scott said the "I..owe...you" line because it sounded so close to "I own you". He was terrific on the rooftop, too: the genuine emotion when Sherlock admitted that he and Moriarty were the same, and those few moments when he was preparing himself for what happened next (which holy cow, did NOT see that one coming). Also the "You're insane", "You're just getting that now?" exchange, heh.

It'll be very interesting to see where this goes next season because the obvious question is: how far back did Sherlock plan this, and was Mycroft involved from the very beginning? I found it dubious at best in the scene with him and John that Mycroft would have given up so much about Sherlock to Moriarity. Mycroft just isn't that stupid. At the end of the second episode when you see Moriarity being released, it's easier now to read Mycroft as completing another link in the chain, if you will, of the plot that will ultimately ensnare Moriarity (although I'm sure neither Mycroft nor Holmes expected the suicide). This is my theory, anyway.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:55 pm

sagitare wrote:My only quibble with this episode is that, like others noted, it would have been so much better to have ended it with John walking away from the grave. It was unnecessary to pull back and show Sherlock standing there.

See, I think that's a much gutting way to end it. John Watson is heartbroken, therefore we are heartbroken because Martin Freeman is such a superb actor. And then we see that Sherlock is still alive so there's no reason for John Watson to be upset but then you realise that Sherlock faked his own death and kinda deliberately destroyed his own friend because it's John's reaction that will sell Sherlock's death to the sniper. And that's much worse. Because Sherlock has the power to save his friend from all that grieving but he can't and won't use it.

And now that we know Sherlock is alive, how in the hell does he come back from this and how does he explain to John Watson what he did and get him to accept that it was the right thing to do.

Esseilte, make room in the obsessed corner for me! I'll bring the sandwiches and cake!

Regarding the body in the street, it did look a little like Sherlock with the hair cut, though it's hard to tell considering the impact on landing, which made me wonder how they got a corpse to look like kinda like him. TELL ME THAT STEVEN MOFFAT!!! *flails*

I also read "The Final Problem" in my annotated Sherlock Holmes this afternoon. Nearly brained myself with it a few times but this is SRS BUSNESS!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next