Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Cinematic Universe

+60
MichiSichi
naughty zoot
dreago
shamoogity
The Dude
Gallifrey Girl
vwlphb
Melk
Fiammetta
QueenSix
spidey_88
BrightEyes
Ji Xiang
particle_person
Gillian
Swarley
dday515
MaddyCat
Snarryfan
SelfAmused
bookworm
inversed
Wildog27
shanndee
jennlynnster
Caramel Coffee
Agent Sculder
Muggsy
punzy
bbridges
Shadowlass
xyzzy
rivki8699
sagitare
blixie
Unlucky Bear
Carrie Ann
dionneshea
big chicken
mrinsouciance
Shalamar
Algae
TiffanyNichelle
Matinee
Corvus
LadyGayle
Eris Rising
biakbiak
Heather
ActonBell
SarahJanet
Miss Moneypenny
Kiran
Putli Bai
RiverThames
Rhilin
Cynara
Cutebutpsycho
Raksha
laddical
64 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 6 Empty Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post  RiverThames Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:13 am

Some better definition of Simmons as a character separate from Fitz was nice as well. I was glad to see a bit more out of her than her usual Poor Man's Keira Knightly.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:21 am

I thought Fitz/Simmons were kind of creepy at first, but I also expected that differentiation would come with time. And it's creeping in there.

And I always think of her as "Poor Man's Emma Watson". Especially since one of her first line's is "I'm not Hermione!"

I wasn't sure if Skye was trying to play Fitz in their first scene together - maybe it's just being suspicious of her, maybe it's Chloe Bennet's performance. Either way, I was glad when she ran to embrace Simmons after Coulson gave her Scary Face. I like the idea that Skye is really trying to integrate with the team because she wants to and not because she's trying to game them for something - even if that something is just info about her bio parents.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:28 am

I decided to watch it for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I'm glad that I did. Not only did they differentiate Fitz and Simmons, I found their interaction to be very touching, if a bit cliched here and there.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:08 pm

Every week, my love for Melinda May grows.

Coulson: We need a battering ram or something to open this door.
MM: *kick*
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:12 pm

laddical wrote:
And I always think of her as "Poor Man's Emma Watson". Especially since one of her first line's is "I'm not Hermione!"
Around episode two I totally saw a Keira Knightly thing with her, and now I can't un-see it.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:40 pm

Around episode two I totally saw a Keira Knightly thing with her, and now I can't un-see it.
Ditto, although I think she's more attractive. Mostly because her mouth is closed when not engaging in dialogue.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:14 pm

I really loved this episode! I mean, I've enjoyed the whole series so far because I'm easy, but this episode felt like they're really starting to find their feet as far as the characters go. Everyone got good character stuff, but I was especially loving Simmons' stuff. I'm really starting to love her.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:16 am

If nothing else, that scene near the end with Coulson and May kind of broke my heart. Gregg played it so well, looking totally frightened about the fact his body and the inside of his head may not be his own because he knows the kind of stuff that can be done to a person. I'm sure it won't be the last we'll hear of his whole "Tahiti" experience.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:34 pm

I think it is getting marginally better as the characters and actors gel. This is the first time Fitz-Simmons didn't annoy me, and Skye was less annoying than usual, and hot muscle guy actually had depth!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Agreed. This past episode has been the best by far, mostly because of the character development.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:43 pm

I watched this one too, and I did like it better in many small ways. Best case scenario, this is the Dollhouse Episode 6 of SHIELD. :)
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Marvel and Netflix announce Four Series & Mini-Series Deal based on Daredevil and others.

Perhaps we should re-name this thread Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV Edition.

I guess using the Defenders brand for a group of street level heroes makes sense. Though I always associate the team with Doctor Strange - and maybe that's how the show can connect to the larger MCU - it is one that's always had a loose "come and go as you please" roster, unlike the Avengers (well, until recently, when they basically turned everyone in the universe into an Avenger, it seems).

ETA: Just got out of Thor: The Dark World. Stay through to the end of the credits - there's two post-movie scenes and the last one suggests that Coulson and the team are going to have their hands full on November 19.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:21 pm

laddical wrote:Marvel and Netflix announce Four Series & Mini-Series Deal based on Daredevil and others.

Perhaps we should re-name this thread Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV Edition.
Am I off base to be dream-casting this as a Leverage reunion:  Christian Kane as Daredevil, Beth Riesgraf as Jessica Jones, and Aldis Hodge as Luke Cage?

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:27 pm

...Holy crap, that is brilliant! Now there's no way I won't be disappointed by the casting unless that happens!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Last night's episode was pretty good. I don't say that because Ward was shirtless, we got a glimpse at Coulson's guns, and May agrees that Thor is dreamy...or maybe I do, heh.

Again, shift the attention away from Skye (I loved raging Ward telling her she talked too much) and the show just improves. I liked that May was able to handle the shaft because she has demons (hopefully her backstory is next) and that Ward knew he was raging early on, knew why, and didn't act like everyone else was being crazy. 

I especially liked the bit at the end with Ward and May. Anything to keep Ward/Skye from happening works for me.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Was I the only one who gasped and flailed like a big goober at the "Did I fall asleep?/For a little while" exchange? Because I really did. I want to know what is up with "Tahiti!"

I really liked this episode, although that's no surprise since I've liked the whole show so far. Ward was actually the character I was least interested in, but after last week's ep and this one, he's really growing on me. I guess I like him better when he's relating to people. His team up with Fitz last week and the way he tried to reassure and distract Simmons this week were kinda sweet. And I think he and May should be BFFs, because she's awesome and makes anyone in her vicinity more awesome by association.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:28 am

I started laughing at the fandom exploding with "NOOOOO! NOT MAY AND WARD!" on Tumblr.

And really, more Agent May is awesome in my book. But I love Ming Na Wen.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:49 am

Raksha wrote:Was I the only one who gasped and flailed like a big goober at the "Did I fall asleep?/For a little while" exchange?  Because I really did.  I want to know what is up with "Tahiti!"
We just watched, and yeah, I almost died. Ugh, I wish this show would just turn into Dollhouse.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:59 am

Cutebutpsycho wrote:I started laughing at the fandom exploding with "NOOOOO! NOT MAY AND WARD!" on Tumblr.

And really, more Agent May is awesome in my book. But I love Ming Na Wen.
Are people really upset about it? Because I think it's pretty awesome that on a show that is filled with young hotties the 50 year old woman (it's her birthday today!) gets to hook up first! With one of the young hotties. Or do they think May is too awesome for him? That makes more sense but he is hot, so I say get it, girl.

I also let out a little shout at the asleep exchange. I think they've been holding onto the Coulson mystery a little too much and I had decided I was done trying to figure it out. And then they sucked me back in!
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:28 am

My husband still sometimes pauses the show and says "Seriously... she's 50?? that's amazing". He thought he was lying when I told him.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Question: Did Ward's brother die in the well? I assumed so, but a recap pointed out that he'd referred to his brothers in the plural in a previous episode, so they figured he survived.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Personally, I don't think Ward and May hooked up (despite that smoldering look she gave him over her shoulder). She was carrying a bottle of Scotch (I think), so I'm inclined to believe that they shared the bottle and some war stories until the dawn broke.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Either option is perfectly fine with me.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:07 pm

bbridges wrote:
Are people really upset about it? Because I think it's pretty awesome that on a show that is filled with young hotties the 50 year old woman (it's her birthday today!) gets to hook up first! With one of the young hotties. Or do they think May is too awesome for him? That makes more sense but he is hot, so I say get it, girl.
They are. I think part of it is that they like the idea of Skye and Ward together (which, eh -- but I find Syke annoying at times and she needs to shut the hell up). I personally like the idea of Ward and Simmons, but that last few episodes have made them so sweet together.

I think it's the age thing to be honest -- most people seem to like her with Coulson (which I do also, but hey, whatever, it's a TV show, not my life). Really though it makes sense that they'd feel a connection given the batshit powers of the staff.

Besides, they're not blood, they're not related and if they wanted to get it on, GO GIRL.

Ming Na Wen is the very definition of the line "Asians don't raisin." She hasn't changed from Joy Luck Club and that was nearly 20 years ago.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:09 pm

Shalamar wrote:Personally, I don't think Ward and May hooked up (despite that smoldering look she gave him over her shoulder).  She was carrying a bottle of Scotch (I think), so I'm inclined to believe that they shared the bottle and some war stories until the dawn broke.
That's what I got too.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next