Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Pool

+121
Gallifrey Girl
Fraoch
shanndee
jamieregan31
gannetguts
Paris, Texas
Melk
lisa
salamandersam
bbridges
chibimanda
Sheli
Crackie
Evil Evelyn
queenofdenile
mo pie
SNeaker
MLIS
Gillian
MtOlivePickles
jensa
Soleil
terriem
chick binewski
Arabella
swsa
eventide82
Algae
caerbannog
mandalaya
Esseilte
Luthien
Cynara
bosoxgirl
tiller
Corvus
mialoubug
ulkis
BreezyK
Francie Nolan
Bad Username
Lurker
MichiSichi
Carrie Ann
Escape
big chicken
LadyGayle
epudom
Agent Sculder
oxymoron
lil d
sagitare
nikita
Luciano
Never Enough
Heather
Coneycat
puddingcup
NewYorkStranger
Putli Bai
vwlphb
Red Wolf
xyzzy
blixie
Jude
woolhat
Grainne Mhaol
sixchooks
choubetcha
Matinee
dionneshea
Raksha
whatthedeuce
19uses
Lily Rose
The Glen
mokey75
SarahJanet
emrie
Swarley
VictorLaszlo
caltrask55
year of the cat
Raised by wolves
Crowbridge
mrinsouciance
bookworm
Decca
Miss Moneypenny
Snarryfan
Morning Angel
harvey the penguin
sobe
maxell131313
Lis
Poubelle
tothemax
Tabby
Wildog27
naughty zoot
Eris Rising
mayram
PrincessCleo
Unlucky Bear
QueenSix
slmader
Instant Monkeys
laddical
jcpdiesel21
Cutebutpsycho
biakbiak
TiffanyNichelle
katesti
The Dude
dinahmoe
Kiran
Binky
RubyTuesday
particle_person
spidey_88
punkysdilemma
125 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Death Pool - Page 31 Empty Re: Death Pool

Post  biakbiak Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:38 am

Yes, his reps have posted on twitter and Facebook.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:38 am

I just read this on FB, and it turns out one of my friends was friends with Walker.  His family must be absolutely wrecked, and my heart goes out to them.

Last edited by salamandersam on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:43 am

So incredibly sad.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:55 am

Just saw the confirmation on EW's Twitter. Awful. I never even watched his movies, but my older sis had a major crush on him since junior high so it's very odd and shocking to know he's gone now. Now that I think of it, my sis has an autographed napkin that a friend got for her when the friend waitressed back in high school. I recall the friend mentioning he was with his young daughter at the restaurant, and we were all "Whaaat? He has a kid?" I feel so sad for his kid right now.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:34 am

I'm actually watching Fast and Furious right now. I decided to coast by Snarkfest to see if anything had happened, and even before I clicked on the link to this page I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. The same sinking feeling I got when I clicked on the page in the moment before I found out Heath Ledger had died.

Paul Walker isn't the reason that I watched these movies - if I had to choose a guy, I'd probably choose Han - but we're the same age, and I don't know, I feel like I've grown up with him. I watched She's All That last weekend, and remembered how much I loved hating him in that movie.

The Fast and Furious series is my guilty pleasure. I just love these films. And he's such a huge part of it. For nothing else, I'll always think of him fondly for that reason. It's a gut-punch. He was gorgeous, but he was more than that. I remember watching a Discovery(?) special he did on sharks a few years ago and he was so enthusiastic about it. From Twitter it sounds like he did a lot of charity work too. RIP Paul Walker. You'll be missed.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:36 am

The Fast and Furious movies are a huge guilty pleasure of mine. And he was so young, with a kid, too. The accident pictures are gruesome and right next to a 15 mph sign. I wonder what on earth happened to cause that wreck.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:48 am

I remember watching a Discovery(?) special he did on sharks a few years ago and he was so enthusiastic about it.
I remember one where he was just a deckhand and basically swabbed decks the whole time with this giant, blinding grin on his face, and when the scientists brought a white shark on board, he practically danced with glee. And in that moment, he won me over. I love it when actors have interests and vocations or avocations outside of the usual entertainment constellation.

My heart goes out to his daughter. Fifteen is so terribly young to lose your dad.

lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:13 pm

I was so sad to hear about Paul Walker. He was absolutely gorgeous, and it sounds like a really decent guy to boot.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:11 pm

EW rounded up a bunch of tweets from celebs, and it seems that even those who never knew or worked with Paul heard nothing but wonderful stories about what a decent, gentle guy he was. It made me super sad reading those tweets.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Oh that's so sad! I saw the same Discovery documentary, and he always seemed like decent guy.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:55 pm

I remember a snarker (was/is?...I can't remember who) had met him in association with the shark/ocean research and had nothing but glowing remarks about his work in that capacity. They posted about it on one of the past lives of Snarkfest.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:15 pm

He was so much deeper and more compassionate than most of us ever knew. He had finally built a strong connection with his daughter over the past two years, and now he's gone. His death just saddens me more with every passing hour, and it's very strange cuz I just never really cared for him before. He was an incredible person, and I hope his daughter takes some comfort knowing that her dad was a brave, passionate, and very well-loved man.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Gosh, this is so sad. I knew he did a lot of charity work and the fact that he was rarely in the tabloids gave me the impression he was a low-key, genuinely nice guy. His poor daughter.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:32 pm

We rented FF6 2 days ago, and I don't think I'll be able to watch it now. Paul Walker was evidently to be one of those people about whom few had a negative thing to say, and admirably had a rich outside of the Hollywood scene. He was a dreamboat in Pleasantville, driving to Etta singing At Last.  I enjoy the FF franchise and my nieces absolutely adore Eight Below.  Running Scared was good fun as well.  His poor daughter must be grief stricken. Sad to see a fake website from her popping up.  And Tyrese seems devastated.

It just seems like a tragic accident. The Carrera GT is notoriously hard to drive. With a fuel tank the front, driving just a little over the speed limit, glancing at the radio or reaching for a coffee cup and having a pole or a tree by the side of the road can be devastating.

This one hurts.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:43 am

Christopher Evan Welch from Rubicon and the upcoming Mike Judge show Silicon Valley dies at 48.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:09 pm

Not unexpected, and a long time coming, but still sad. Nelson Mandela has died.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:29 pm

It was obviously gonna happen soon, but it still somehow feels a bit shocking. May he be in peace wherever he now is. That biopic starring Idris Elba is coming out in a week, isn't it? How timely. In a sad way, of course.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Sad, but he has earned a peaceful death and lived an amazingly full life, especially considering so much of it was spent in prison.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:27 pm

Not many political prisoners die a free man, much less at 95.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:53 pm

The Dude wrote:Not many political prisoners die a free man, much less at 95.
That's what I was thinking. He died free, at home, at 95. With what he experienced, I can't think of a better end.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:44 am

Binky wrote:
That's what I was thinking. He died free, at home, at 95. With what he experienced, I can't think of a better end.
Dying free, at home, at 95, having already led your people through the difficult transition to a free South Africa without bloody revolution or violent reprisals against the white minority.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:50 am

Eris Rising wrote:
Binky wrote:
Dying free, at home, at 95, having already led your people through the difficult transition to a free South Africa without bloody revolution or violent reprisals against the white minority.
Yeah, that's a pretty great legacy and if anyone's earned some peace in the afterlife, it's him. It sucks for the rest of us that such a person is no longer with us.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Eris Rising wrote:
Binky wrote:
Absolutely.

It's sad also to think of the lost leadership potential in the many like Steven Biko who didn't live to see the end of apartheid, but that's the nature of revolution, I suppose.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Eleanor Parker, best known as The Baroness from The Sound of Music.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Peter O'Toole at 81. After so many tragic, early deaths this year, I have to admit it's a relief to be reading about people who have lived full, long lives in this thread.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next