Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular TV Opinions You Hold

+77
choubetcha
Paris, Texas
Kiran
Melk
Mulva
Bad Username
Binky
oxymoron
punzy
Poubelle
Snarryfan
bbridges
Grainne Mhaol
jaraga
Agent Sculder
puddingcup
jensa
Carrie Ann
Menshevixen
Raised by wolves
Gilraen
Cutebutpsycho
PrincessCleo
Miss Moneypenny
maxell131313
Disclaimer
mrinsouciance
Esseilte
QueenSix
wenchsenior
Snarker
sagitare
LadyGayle
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
BreezyK
Gallifrey Girl
dday515
The Dude
RiverThames
MichiSichi
demgirl
TiffanyNichelle
Raksha
aninnocent
ulkis
mandalaya
katha
ActonBell
laddical
Gillian
Matinee
Shalamar
inversed
caltrask55
katesti
Putli Bai
Luthien
big chicken
tothemax
Unlucky Bear
mokey75
punkysdilemma
Crowbridge
Jasmine
blooey
Eris Rising
xyzzy
mayram
Cynara
harvey the penguin
Auroura76
blixie
queenofdenile
whatthedeuce
truecrystal
jcpdiesel21
81 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Unpopular TV Opinions You Hold - Page 11 Empty Re: Unpopular TV Opinions You Hold

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:43 pm

I am also a huge Aasif fangirl. But it's partly BECAUSE of his crazy ALL CAPS delivery of everything. So I don't know if he'd make the best host. I think ol' John Oliver's doing pretty well, so far. 

THAT'S RIGHT, JON.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Unpopular TV Opinions You Hold - Page 11 Empty Re: Unpopular TV Opinions You Hold

Post  laddical Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:50 pm

THAT'S RIGHT, JON.

I swear that I heard him say that every time he opened his mouth in The Last Airbender. Partly because his job was Captain Exposition. So every time he spoke, it was, "AS YOU'RE AWARE, JON..." or "YOU MAY HAVE HEARD, JON...."
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Hee, I got that from somebody here -- I haven't seen the movie, but I couldn't stop laughing over the idea of his every line being preceded by "That's right, Jon" -- and it was probably you. I think of it every time I see him now. :)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:09 pm

I have never seen an episode of Doctor Who and have no plans to start. When my Facebook news wall blew up over the announcement of who'd be the next Doctor, I think I was the only person who didn't care.

If anyone needs me I'll be over here in the corner talking to the wall about reruns of Scrubs. "What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? Bob Kelso! How ya doin'?"
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:52 pm

I think I was the only person who didn't care.

Nope, I will be joining you in not caring. I get that people love the show, and I'm sure it's really good, I just never really GOT it.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:07 pm

maxell131313 wrote:I have never seen an episode of Doctor Who and have no plans to start.  When my Facebook news wall blew up over the announcement of who'd be the next Doctor, I think I was the only person who didn't care.  

If anyone needs me I'll be over here in the corner talking to the wall about reruns of Scrubs.  "What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap?  Bob Kelso!  How ya doin'?"

I will join you and be stroking Leonard, Half Kitten-Half Monkey!

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Can I hang with this group, even though I don't know scrubs? I've seen maybe ten episodes (five of Nine and five of Eleven) and didn't really care for it.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:51 am

I haven't watched Dr. Who since I was like 10 and it had a $5 budget (Scarf Doctor forever!) so yeah, I'm with you guys. I'm sure it's a great show, I just am a contrarian and the more rabid a fanbase is, the less likely I am to watch the show. I realize that makes me sound obnoxious but I promise I don't make a big deal out of not watching. I just... don't.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:53 pm

I liked the first and third seasons of New Dr Who okay (didn't like the second season), but it's not worth it to me seeking it out online and watching whatever out of order episodes I can catch on PBS channels.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:44 am

Scrubs always struck me as overly affected, and a teeny bit smug.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:30 am

I watched Scrubs to the end, and often loved it, but Eris Rising, you ain't wrong.

And I'm a Who fan, and I find I don't really care about the new Doctor. I think I'm still in denial about Matt Smith leaving.

Oh, I got really sick of David Tennant by the end.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:53 pm

LadyGayle wrote:Oh, I got really sick of David Tennant by the end.

I spent the last part of "The End of Time" shouting "Just die already!" at the television. It's too bad because I like Tennant and had liked his Doctor but I was so ready for him to go.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:11 am

Eris Rising wrote:Scrubs always struck me as overly affected, and a teeny bit smug.
Teeny?

That is unpopular!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:59 am

David Tennant (lovely person though he is) is by far my least favorite Doctor. Ten was the closest I ever got to disliking a Doctor. I was so ready for him to go.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  themis Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Raksha, I sympathize; I have two wildly unpopular Doctor Who opinions. First, that I really enjoyed Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor; secondly, that I never understood all of the gushing over Amelia Pond, and despite liking Rory and the great writing in their first season, was wholly relieved when the Pond stories were wrapped up.

Actually, I liked the whole River Song thing, and I still miss Rose. People look at me like I'm nuts when I say things like that.

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Wait, liking Christopher Eccleston is unpopular? Then I never, ever want to be right! I adored him.

Also, I miss the hell out of Rose, too. I always see people complaining about how much they love Martha and how they're sick of people fawning over Rose and I just want to know where the hell those people have been hanging out, because I want to go there! I rarely run across other Rose fans.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:14 pm

I can't think of a single Doctor I dislike. That's incredibly unpopular within the community, as everyone dislikes some incarnation or another.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:40 am

I like them all! Like I said, Ten was the closest I've ever come to disliking one. I was so ready for him to go because I didn't want to resent or be frustrated by a Doctor. As it stands, there is a lot I do like about his tenure and the stuff that was starting to get on my nerves, well, I know which episodes to skip on rewatch!

Also, I loved the episode "The Unicorn and the Wasp." I was shocked to see so much hate for it when I went online afterward!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:26 am

Cutebutpsycho wrote:Can I hang with this group, even though I don't know scrubs? I've seen maybe ten episodes (five of Nine and five of Eleven) and didn't really care for it.
I will also hang with you guys. I have never seen even a single episode of any incarnation of Dr. Who or that spin-off show. I am, however, planning on dipping a toe in with the modern Dr. Who, starting at the beginning, and see whether I like it. That's C. Eccleston, right?

However, I am wary of Tennant (assuming I make it that far) because (further unpopular opinion) I find him vaguely annoying even in non-Dr. roles. That twitchy, mannered, bambi-eyed thing is very hit or miss, and easily crosses the line with me. Although, who knows, maybe I'll love him as Dr Who.

Also, even though I've never seen Dr. Who, I still had an opinion about Capaldi being cast: namely, if they HAD to stay with a white guy, I love Peter Capaldi! I'm quite sure that is also unpopular.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:40 pm

wenchsenior wrote:
Cutebutpsycho wrote:Can I hang with this group, even though I don't know scrubs? I've seen maybe ten episodes (five of Nine and five of Eleven) and didn't really care for it.
I will also hang with you guys. I have never seen even a single episode of any incarnation of Dr. Who or that spin-off show. I am, however, planning on dipping a toe in with the modern Dr. Who, starting at the beginning, and see whether I like it. That's C. Eccleston, right?

However, I am wary of Tennant (assuming I make it that far) because (further unpopular opinion) I find him vaguely annoying even in non-Dr. roles. That twitchy, mannered, bambi-eyed thing is very hit or miss, and easily crosses the line with me. Although, who knows, maybe I'll love him as Dr Who.

Also, even though I've never seen Dr. Who, I still had an opinion about Capaldi being cast: namely, if they HAD to stay with a white guy, I love Peter Capaldi! I'm quite sure that is also unpopular.
Yes, Eccleston is where to start. And Capaldi's selection was pretty well-accepted, except by those who were too used to "pretty" Doctors, or those who would have liked to have seen a woman or person of color in the role.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:59 pm

I mean, I really wanted Chiwetel Ejiofor, but I wasn't holding my breath for them to stray from white dudes. Capaldi's a good choice, and I'm glad they did change things somewhat by going older, which hasn't been done recently.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:40 am

Really, I wanted a talking alpaca, but that's just me.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:43 am

Well, they had a giant talking penguin as a Companion in the audios. So. It could happen.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:28 am

Frobisher actually got his start in the DWM comics, but yes. He popped up in at least one of the PDAs and a couple of audios.

The Big Finish audios are really good, BTW. I'm not sure how they do it, but they manage to produce good stuff even with bad material to work with. 6 and Mel are actually a good team, with only a slight dialling down of their irritating sides. However, Nick Briggs, the owner of the company, should really stop treating it as a vanity project. Let some more people write! Get some other people to do monster - especially Dalek - voices.

It's not that he's bad, I'm just sick of seeing his name attached to everything he puts out.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:59 pm

I love the audios. That's where Paul McGann really got the chance to develop his Doctor. I've been playing his whole series on my radio show.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next