Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Good Quotes

+76
dionneshea
year of the cat
BrightEyes
Gillian
Tabby
jstilwe
Never Enough
Melk
Binky
inversed
The Glen
rivki8699
salamandersam
caltrask55
TiffanyNichelle
Sheli
Kiran
chick binewski
Coneycat
mayram
Grainne Mhaol
laddical
curryalley
choubetcha
Lily Rose
bookworm
Luthien
ActonBell
Lis
Escape
vwlphb
themis
Jude
Crowbridge
The Dude
mandalaya
maxell131313
Raksha
queenofdenile
Heather
QueenSix
Genevieve
Cutebutpsycho
GoodbyeWithWords
naughty zoot
puddingcup
Decca
particle_person
Poubelle
mokey75
whatthedeuce
Eris Rising
schwa
Gallifrey Girl
Wildog27
SarahJanet
wenchsenior
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Putli Bai
nikita
bbridges
biakbiak
Carrie Ann
epudom
blixie
Matinee
Unlucky Bear
Instant Monkeys
Red Wolf
mrinsouciance
Bad Username
big chicken
tothemax
Morning Angel
Miss Moneypenny
80 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Celebrity Good Quotes - Page 8 Empty Re: Celebrity Good Quotes

Post  Lily Rose Fri May 03, 2013 8:36 am

He's always been charming in a good-ol-boy, hapless sort of way.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri May 03, 2013 8:53 am

Edited because it was too political.

If it was a Ryan Lochte quote I might chuckle or find it charming.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu May 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Patrick Stewart continues to be my most favorite of celebrities with his amazing response to a fan's serious question about domestic violence. The entire video is one good quote.

When he asked her if she was ok and gave her a hug, I started crying in the middle of the pizza place where I was waiting for take out.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu May 30, 2013 11:10 pm

bookworm wrote:Patrick Stewart continues to be my most favorite of celebrities with his amazing response to a fan's serious question about domestic violence. The entire video is one good quote.

When he asked her if she was ok and gave her a hug, I started crying in the middle of the pizza place where I was waiting for take out.

Wow, thanks for sharing that.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:28 pm

I don't really know if this goes here, but I don't know where else to put it, so: Patton Oswalt makes my day by declaring that he was wrong about the whole rape joke debate. (You can skip past the stuff about theft and heckling if you're not interested.) I really needed to hear this from him, as his response to the Tosh thing a year ago was so disappointing, and I really didn't know where he stood after the issue flared up again this past month. I just didn't understand how people could read Lindy West's articles or watch that video with the responses to her appearance on Kamau Bell's show and determine that basically she was overreacting and that all women are I guess just lying about how rape culture affects us every day. It hurts to hear someone you respect say something like that, so I'm glad he's owning up to his mistake.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:36 am

On the one hand, I agree that he owns up to his mistake. On the other, I couldn't help but think that it took him long enough to come to the conclusion that just because someone holds a different opinion that he does on a topic doesn't mean that person is wrong or their opinion should be dismissed.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:13 am

sagitare wrote:On the one hand, I agree that he owns up to his mistake. On the other, I couldn't help but think that it took him long enough to come to the conclusion that just because someone holds a different opinion that he does on a topic doesn't mean that person is wrong or their opinion should be dismissed.

To be fair, there are an enormous number of people out there who will never come to that realization in their entire lives.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Rich white males almost never have to come to that realization if they don't want to. I agree that's it's annoying that it took him any time at all to get to this point, but he did and he publicly admitted he was wrong about something he's been defending for over a year. All I can really ask of someone who is on the wrong side of something is that they figure it out and own up to it, and make it right if they can.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:51 pm

It did take him awhile, but I appreciate his delayed reaction to the more immediate response of, say, Louis CK. Oswalt doesn't sound like he expects a medal or a cookie for realizing something rather obvious. He sounds more like HE can't even believe how long it took him to realize this.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:48 pm

I find it incredibly difficult to admit fault, so I can only imagine how tough it is to do that on a public platform. It's really commendable that he explained what part of the situation he defended and how his thinking about rape culture has changed as well as how he acknowledges that women aren't getting hysterical or illogical about rape. Women have to think of the possibilities and consequences of rape and sexual assault in ways most men never will have to.

Last edited by whatthedeuce on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Ryan Gosling blogs for Huffington Post.

I was torn about where to put this, since it could also go in "Celebrities I (Now) Like," despite the fact that I still don't find him physically attractive ("Unpopular Fame Opinions"). But with his writing this, I just think whatever, he's awesome.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:06 pm

From an article linked in the Old Hollywood thread: Mia Farrow's son Ronan, commenting on Woody Allen:

"Happy father's day," the 24-year-old Rhodes Scholar tweeted. "Or as they call it in my family, happy brother-in-law's day."
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:10 pm

He's got an even better tweet now! After the Mia interview story came out, he tweeted:

Listen, we're all *possibly* Frank Sinatra's son.
And HELLO! handsome!

Last edited by Never Enough on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Handsome AND funny AND smart as all get out. I've been following him on Twitter for a while, and I have to admit I have a totally inappropriate - though justifiable - crush on the guy.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Putli Bai wrote:"Happy father's day," the 24-year-old Rhodes Scholar tweeted. "Or as they call it in my family, happy brother-in-law's day."
And then Mia retweeted it, and added "BOOM".

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Tom Hiddleston does a Reddit AMA, and is asked if he, Matt Smith, and Tom Hiddleston have cheekbone-polishing parties.

We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Eris Rising wrote:Tom Hiddleston does a Reddit AMA, and is asked if he, Matt Smith, and Tom Hiddleston have cheekbone-polishing parties.

We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet.
And then the entire internet exploded into a million pieces....
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:46 am

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Gabourey Sidibe wins at life:

'To people making mean comments about my GG pics, I mos def cried about it on that private jet on my way to my dream job last night.

source
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Putli Bai wrote:Gabourey Sidibe wins at life:

'To people making mean comments about my GG pics, I mos def cried about it on that private jet on my way to my dream job last night.

source

I love her so very much.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:55 pm

Bill Murray, on why he did Garfield:
I had a hilarious experience with Garfield. I only read a few pages of it, and I kind of wanted to do a cartoon movie, because I had looked at the screenplay and it said "Joel Cohen" on it.

And I wasn't thinking clearly, but it was spelled Cohen, not Coen.

I love the Coen brothers movies. I think that Joel Coen is a wonderful comedic mind.

So I didn't really bother to finish the script, I thought "he's great, I'll do it."
The whole bit is pretty good.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Samuel L. Jackson tears apart a news anchor who confuses him with Laurence Fishburne. (Warning, autoplay.) What's fantastic is that he doesn't let him move on, he really lays into him. As well he should - that is a pretty outrageous mistake for the "entertainment reporter" to make, when having such a famous person on the show.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Ohhh, Sam Rubin. Of all the people to make that mistake with, you had to confuse Sam Jackson with someone? Ouch. He must be eating shit from everyone at KTLA. And the rest of the entertainment news world.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:51 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:Ohhh, Sam Rubin. Of all the people to make that mistake with, you had to confuse Sam Jackson with someone? Ouch. He must be eating shit from everyone at KTLA. And the rest of the entertainment news world.

It was the top story on both TMZ and Entertainment Tonight, the two extremes of the entertainment reporting world. And Kimmel saved a separate bit for it after the monologue.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:56 pm

I know we're not supposed to get all political, but this was too awesome not to share. President Obama, on Harold Ramis' death.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Harold’s wife, Erica, his children and grandchildren, and all those who loved him, who quote his work with abandon, and who hope that he received total consciousness.”
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next