Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report

+37
puddingcup
Algae
laddical
swsa
Gallifrey Girl
Agent Sculder
blixie
Tabby
Cutebutpsycho
The Dude
Eris Rising
vwlphb
Snarryfan
Wildog27
mandalaya
bookworm
emrie
Gillian
mokey75
paablish
sen3
sunni94
nikita
Jude
ActonBell
punkysdilemma
Francie Nolan
bbridges
Instant Monkeys
maxell131313
Morning Angel
katesti
Miss Moneypenny
Binky
dinahmoe
biakbiak
VodouDoll
41 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report Empty The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report

Post  VodouDoll Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Colbert's show has suspended production for mysterious reasons. Has anyone heard why?

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report Empty Re: The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report

Post  biakbiak Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:29 pm

The WSJ is reporting it's an emergency in Stephen's family. There supposed to be back on Monday.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report Empty Re: The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report

Post  VodouDoll Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Yikes, that's too bad. I hope everyone is okay.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:23 pm

I heard that his mom is very ill.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:23 am

dinahmoe wrote:I heard that his mom is very ill.

Yeah, I heard that she'd passed away. You'd think Comedy Central would have come up with a tactful way of announcing his absence without causing so many people to speculate wildly about the show being cancelled/censored (among the rumors I saw).
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:35 am

I think it's much more ludicrous for people to jump to the conclusion of cancellation (midweek) or censorship (given the history of TDS and TCR) than it was for them to give immediate details about a personal family matter.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:53 am

Man, I would think anyone who saw the Ricky Gervais-Jon Stewart interview on Monday would realize that Comedy Central doesn't censor anything.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:55 am

And thank God for that. That interview was bananas-amazing.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:56 am

Tonight's Colbert Report was all kinds of awesome. Perfect last show before Xmas. Stephen smiling to Mick Jagger's dancing, Downton Abbey & Breaking Bad mashup (2 of my favourite shows) , Ham Rove giving money to charities, lovely interview with Sister Campbell, and "Happy Xmas".
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Oh Lord. The Downton Abbey/Breaking Bad skit was all kinds of awesome. Hearing Hugh Bonneville as Lord Grantham trying to talk "gangsta" is...well...I want it to be my ringtone, quite honestly.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:32 pm

I just watched that AND IT WAS AMAZING.

For those who don't watch Colbert (I don't usually), here it is. (Sadly I don't think Comedy Central's videos are viewable outside the US.)

When the guy whips out the teacup, I just lost it.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:31 pm

I loved that Downton Abbey/Breaking Bad mashup. Especially the phrase, "Mo' money, mo' quandaries." I think I'm going to start saying that now.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Nolan Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 am

I had somehow missed the Colbert/Jack White Catholic Throwdown until now (Unedited, so NSFW). Highlights include a "Be Not Afraid" singalong and Stephen exclaiming "Oh fuck, it's the Assumption!" God, I wish this were a regular feature. Or it's own TV show.

Francie Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Jon Stewart to take summer hiatus to direct a movie

OK, I guess after over a decade doing the hosting thing he gets to branch out. For awhile.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:Jon Stewart to take summer hiatus to direct a movie

OK, I guess after over a decade doing the hosting thing he gets to branch out. For awhile.

Very glad to see the reigns will be given to John Oliver. Great choice. :)
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:00 pm

So long as it doesn't cut into The Bugle! John Oliver is the only person in the cast I can see taking on the anchor role though.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:10 am

bbridges wrote:So long as it doesn't cut into The Bugle! John Oliver is the only person in the cast I can see taking on the anchor role though.

That was my first concern! But it's a cool opportunity for him so I'm happy. And maybe he can drag Andy on TDS.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:43 am

The opening of tonight's TCR with Stephen's tribute to his mom made me cry. Touching.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:36 am

That was so lovely.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:37 am

I've been a little emotional this week anyway, but Stephen's tribute to his mother was lovely and made me cry a lot.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:44 am

OK, that got me. Well done, Stephen.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:32 pm

I cried.  I'll own it, I was actively sobbing the minute he got choked up the first time.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Aww, Stephen. That was lovely.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  sunni94 Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:42 am

Sobbing, and sobbing.  And the end with him doing her "fainting" thing killed me. Well done Steven.  I'm sure your Mom loved watching your show.

sunni94

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Stephen Colbert is a National Treasure. The Daft Punk episode brought me so much joy.

Jon Stewart is an Essential American, but John Oliver has been kicking ass filling in for JS this summer.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next