Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report

+37
puddingcup
Algae
laddical
swsa
Gallifrey Girl
Agent Sculder
blixie
Tabby
Cutebutpsycho
The Dude
Eris Rising
vwlphb
Snarryfan
Wildog27
mandalaya
bookworm
emrie
Gillian
mokey75
paablish
sen3
sunni94
nikita
Jude
ActonBell
punkysdilemma
Francie Nolan
bbridges
Instant Monkeys
maxell131313
Morning Angel
katesti
Miss Moneypenny
Binky
dinahmoe
biakbiak
VodouDoll
41 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report - Page 2 Empty Re: The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report

Post  paablish Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:46 pm

I really love John Oliver on the Daily Show. And I adore the little update thing in the beginning of what Jon Stewart is up to.

I haven't watched Colbert in awhile but I saw the Daft Punk episode and it was really great. But, then all my good will was destroyed when I had to watch Robin Thicke perform. That song live is not good.

paablish

Back to top Go down

The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report - Page 2 Empty Re: The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Minority Report

Post  Binky Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:33 am

sen3 wrote:

Jon Stewart is an Essential American, but John Oliver has been kicking ass filling in for JS this summer.

He's doing well in the news bit, way better than I expected given that I really dislike his standup. I think the Daily Show writers are helping a lot (as they do Stewart).  His interviews are kind of...even more pointless than Stewart's with the same guests. He is not comfortable with the patter at all.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:58 am

I hadn't noticed much about his interviewing skills. I never really watched for the interviews anyway.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:50 am

I think he's getting more comfortable with the interview portion. He was pretty terrible in the beginning, but, in fairness, so are a lot of people when they step into those sorts of roles. (I remember early Conan being particularly painful.)

I like him. If Jon decided he didn't want to come back, I'd be ok with Oliver being there permanently.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:49 pm

I am loving John Oliver as host so much. I've always liked him, but how much I love him in this role has kind of taken me by surprise. Of course I'll be glad to see Jon Stewart come back, but I'll also be really bummed to see Oliver go. He's been such a delight.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:28 pm

John Oliver gets his own HBO show.
I'm going to miss him on TDS, but I look forward to seeing what he can do on his own.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:39 pm

I am happy for him though it doesn't make up for the cancellation of W. Kamau Bell's show! Maybe some of the writers can get hired by John.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:51 am

Aw, I wasn't prepared for tonight to be John Oliver's last night on The Daily Show. That was a great sendoff, especially the weirdly emotional final Carlos Danger dance. Best of luck, Ollie. I can't afford HBO, but I will probably finally figure out how to pirate TV shows for you.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:08 am

When John Oliver started crying, I started crying.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Yes, when he started crying I lost it. I know that he felt the Daily Show was the best gig ever.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:11 pm

I just wanted to give him a big hug! I will miss him sorely on TDS, as will Jon I suspect.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:47 pm

I must admit, I'm really surprised that he's interested in doing that. I'm sad The Colbert Report will go away.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:11 am

I am as well. I think this article sums up a lot of that.

I’m Happy for Colbert, But Let’s Be Clear: We’re Losing One of TV’s Greatest Characters

Who else is going to teach us the dangers of SuperPACs and Citizens United, except by the object lessons of using those ridiculous rules for his own benefit? Who's going to run for president of South Carolina to show us how electoral crap works? Stewart is great at commentary, but Colbert makes the ridiculous real.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:09 pm

I just wish Ham Rove were still alive to be his sidekick. His delicious sidekick.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:50 pm

John Oliver's show premiered last night, and the whole episode is up on YouTube to watch for free. I dug it. Especially the John McCain segment. Looking forward to more.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Sat May 10, 2014 12:47 am

Larry Wilmore is taking over Stephen Colbert's timeslot with a show called The Minority Report. The press release describes the show:

"Series to Provide a Platform to Underrepresented Voices in Comedy and Media Providing Comedy, Commentary and a Cultural Point of View on the News of the Day."

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sat May 10, 2014 3:36 am

vwlphb wrote:Larry Wilmore is taking over Stephen Colbert's timeslot with a show called The Minority Report. The press release describes the show:

"Series to Provide a Platform to Underrepresented Voices in Comedy and Media Providing Comedy, Commentary and a Cultural Point of View on the News of the Day."

I adore him whenever he's on the show. Glad to hear this.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Sat May 10, 2014 10:12 am

Yay! He's one of my favorites on the Daily Show. I'm so stoked he got a show!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sat May 10, 2014 11:07 am

Of all the correspondents, I definitely see him carrying his own show.

That said, I hope this doesn't make the Daily Show sort of...white-wash itself, because it's doing better now on that front than it has in the past.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Sat May 10, 2014 11:55 am

Binky wrote:Of all the correspondents, I definitely see him carrying his own show.

That said, I hope this doesn't make the Daily Show sort of...white-wash itself, because it's doing better now on that front than it has in the past.

Well, they still have Jessica & Asif, and maybe they'll pick up another POC correspondent. Plus TDS and Colbert had overlapping subject matter all the time, so it might be the same with the new show.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat May 10, 2014 1:23 pm

vwlphb wrote:Larry Wilmore is taking over Stephen Colbert's timeslot with a show called The Minority Report. The press release describes the show:

THAT IS GREAT NEWS!! I love Larry Wilmore.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 pm

And they have Al Madrigal too, so they are doing a lot better. I still miss Wyatt Cenac.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat May 10, 2014 8:50 pm

Hosted by a Jewish guy...just sayin'

All time Wilmore is probably my third favorite correspondent behind Colbert and Asiff. While I'll miss "Steven Colbert" I'm happy to see Wilmore more regularly.

Now don't get cancel happy as usual Comedy Central!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sat May 10, 2014 9:58 pm

I wonder if they're going to get the W. Kamau Bell and the writers from his show. I could see that being a majorly cool thing to happen.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next