Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 23 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:43 am

Wow, she is really out of control. Angelina and Brad are both huge stars who between them have several movies in the works at any given time (behind and in front of the camera). If you're going to say that making a public statement six weeks before your partner's movie comes out was just a publicity stunt, I guess they'd never be allowed to do anything without it being just for publicity. When they get married, what will that be a publicity stunt for, I wonder?
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 23 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  swsa Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:33 am

Not to mention they have six kids, so I'll go out on a limb and say they may have scheduling obligations and conflicts that we the public know nothing about. I don't have kids, but I hear tell there's some amount of busy work involved with them.

I always think my opinion can't drop further, but Lainey manages to outdo herself. Gotta love that she managed to come up with multiple hypothetical situations in order to make both Angelina and Beyonce look as selfish and fake as possible.

Celebitchy HATES Angelina, so when they're taking the piss, you know something's gone too far.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:39 pm

I like that she's also selling Brad short as if he needs his fiancee to make a huge, life-altering reveal just so people will go see his damn movie. Because the movie isn't widely anticipated and Brad's not a big draw. He's just that boring schmo nobody would wanna go see in a theater. Does she really believe Brad and Angie never make a move that might not have anything to do with damn publicity or their careers? It's odd, but I get this sneaking suspicion that they take their family a bit seriously and make important decisions with their kids in mind. Really effing weird, I know, but you know how some parents get.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmoo Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm

WWZ received good reviews from Variety and IGN- respected trade publications. In fact the Variety reviewer was pleasantly surprised at how solid it is, and said that it bears little to no scars from all the frantic rescue efforts to salvage the picture in post-production (re-shoots, getting Damon Lindeof to re-write the narrative in the editing suite). It's not a picture that needs to be rescued by public sympathy stemming from a movie star's wife's cancer prevention surgery.

I wouldn't mind Lainey's pseudo academic approach to celeb gossip and sense of snotty superiority so much if she actually knew what she was talking about.

mrmoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:32 am

Game of Thrones hasn't won a best series emmy, yet, and Peter Dinklage has been its only actor nominated for an emmy (though I think that might change this year), but he has won, and the series itself has been nominated for like, 26 emmys in two seasons.

What I'm saying is I side eyed Lainey saying the Emmys hate GoT and will probably give all the awards to Downton Abbey.

And I think saying that Kristen Stewart would be a great Gemma Teller might be the blindest bit of fan girling shes ever done.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Bumping to say that she really is ranking up the anti Robert Pattinson since that break up. Especially when she asks what is the reason for him to stay in LA...well work?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Ugh, Sarah, I am a comics newb and I know more than you do:

And the fanboys melt down! Because the Captain never gets it. He’s the oldest virgin in the world

That's demonstrably not true. I'm pretty sure the terrible-with-girls thing is movieverse only.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:15 pm

And it's only true in the movieverse because he's still relatively new to the whole deal. Three years fighting World War II's secret war then a seventy year case of time lag isn't the same as being "the world's oldest virgin".
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Kiran wrote:Bumping to say that she really is ranking up the anti Robert Pattinson since that break up. Especially when she asks what is the reason for him to stay in LA...well work?

I did feel like she was actually holding herself back a bit because she knows her KStew stanning/Pattinson hate are really intense and it shows a lot, hee. But yeah, he works in L.A., owns a house there, and they have 2 dogs together, so I would guess even if he decided to leave L.A., he's going to have a lot of loose ends to take care of first.

As for Cap, I think I saw more outrage than anything yesterday, but granted that came from fangirl slashers. And I do have to agree with her that I find the Sharon Carter thing creepy.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:58 pm

The Sharon Carter thing is creepy at first glance but I think it ends up working in the comics and hopefully will work in the movies. At the end of the day its not as creepy as over in X-men where Madeline Pryor's main power appears to be banging Summers men.

That doesn't offend me though. Its more how Sarah claims comics knowledge and then messes up the most basic thing. Captain America has had a A LOT OF SEX. With different women. I mean hes not a man whore but hes gotten around. And the only reason he hasn't had sex in the films, as its been stated, is that he was in a war for three years and then was frozen. And hes from the 40s.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Also he is heavily involved in a Stark Spangled Banner relationship! Jeez.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:01 pm

You know, I've never watched an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, and I have no affection for Kim, but goddamn Lainey sounds like an insufferable snob with the mental gymnastics she goes through to not even mention Kim's name. It's really not THAT serious. If you can do ads for lube and razors on your site, you can mention the Kardashians.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Plus I don't like her but there is something mean about gloating about how its fun that you get to talk about the baby without mentioning the mother.

Also shes covered Paris Hilton. And still does. She calls her Ebola but does it. Now I have no love for Kim Kardashian but as far as I know she hasn't been videoed using racial slurs more than once.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Thank you for all your emails and tweets. And your concern. And your mockery. You know what I love? I love that you reached out to me on this news. This is vanity, yes. Let me own that. I am proud of it. That somehow, in a sick, weird, loser way, some of you associate me with... My Obsession. 

...did Lainey just call her readers losers? That seems...counterintuitive.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:22 pm

I think she meant she was the loser.

However, that post was unsettling. And delusional. I'm not even gonna get into everything else wrong and weird about it but does she on top of that thing that Sam Taylor-Johnson is gonna save 50 Shades of Grey? And is more interesting than Gus Van Sant as a director?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 pm

The more I read Lainey's pontificating, the more I kind of loathe her. Why is she so obsessed with this director and her much younger husband, anyway? Is it projection, objectification, what? She never makes any sense because it seems she loves certain people and she hates certain others, with no reason why, NON?? Ugh. SHUT UP, Lainey!

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:46 am

Here’s where we move to the gossipy side of this conversation. Because the movie I really want to watch is the one of Sam Taylor-Johnson directing her young stud of a husband eating out another actor.

Uh, way too much information here Lainey. WAAAY too much.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  winncienzo Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:23 pm

The thing I found humorous was the statement about how cool and chill they are. They just live in the city and they're so down to earth, nobody bothers them...because they're so normal. Not because 99% of people have never heard of them. If it weren't for her, *I* wouldn't know who they are and I know far too much about movies and pop culture in general.

winncienzo

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:27 pm

1. I really don't think the problem people had with Shailene Woodley as MJ was about the character being written as more of a tomboy.

2. I don't remember there being any kind of mainstream resistance to Pepper Potts OR Lois Lane in the recent films.

3. I don't think the (fairly minimal) fuss about the Capt. America "girlfriend upgrade" had anything to do with Black Widow being a strong female character.

I really feel like Sarah decides on an argument and just makes up everything to support it.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  sobe Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:24 pm

So Lainey was going through her "Coincidence or Conspiracy" stuff with the Henry Cavill/Kaley Cuoco pairing. While the timeline of the Carano/Cavill break up and the subsequent hookup with Cuoco seems a little hinky, I'm not sure I see the value in manufacturing a PR pairing to appeal to the MiniVan Majority (eyelid twitch) when MoS already opened domestically two weeks ago. Does anyone really care who he's dating? It's not like either woman is a co-star. Maybe Lainey is just cranky because Cavill/Carano seemed like her #2 ship (behind her creepy Obsession).

Celebitchy also had a post on them this morning, and Kaiser said something to the effect of, "Not to sound elitist, but she's just a TV girl. Downgrade." That seems pretty rich, considering how much shit they give Goop.  And how much of a downgrade is it? Gina is hot, definitely. But she has a handful of credits, none of which are that impressive, and Kaley's been successful for like 10 years. BBT doesn't get that much respect, but it's huge, and she's decent on it. Nothing to sniff at.

Last edited by sobe on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:56 am; edited 2 times in total

sobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:30 pm

I also heard on ONTD that Gina Carano was posting pics on instagram of her new man a few weeks ago, so I'm guessing the break up quietly happened a couple months ago and they both just move on fast.

I like Kaley Cuoco. I don't watch her show anymore but shes charming. And like you said she works a lot. It might not be the most highbrow stuff but she works a lot, and she is like you said the leading lady of the most watched comedy on tv. I also don't think the minivan majority was that horrified by Gina Carno either. I mean yes she can throw a punch but shes probably the most conventionally attractive ex MMA fighter ever.

Her Kristen Stewart post was also kinda hilarious. Apparently Robert Pattinson is a huge party boy (more so than Stewart) and is going to be the next Orlando Bloom. Now that may well be true, but hes signed on to way more high brow and interesting projects than she has right now.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Yeah, "just a TV girl" who happens to be charming and humble and super pretty. Oh, and is on a majorly successful show. Besides, it's not like Henry was the most famous celeb around until just two seconds ago. He was on The Tudors for years, but many people hadn't really heard of him until he was cast as Superman.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:50 pm

*SOME OF US* have been perving on Henry Cavill since The Count of Monte Cristo, thankyouverymuch

/isawhimfirst
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:52 am

My sister went through a phase in high school where she watched the The Count of Monte Cristo on DVD every other weekend, and she FREAKED OUT a few weeks ago when she realized that Henry Cavill was Albert.  *She* can't play the I Saw Him First card if she didn't actually know it was him, right?  I feel like, in this family, I still have legitimate dibs based on The Tudors.

Meanwhile, I'm still over here, sending virtual high-fives to Kaley Cuoco.  Get it, girl.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:17 am

Her Pattinson hate gets more seething by the day. I loved her referring to his friends as "young and aimless" cause from what I know of Kristen, that describes her crowd perfectly. She's also friends with a couple of Scienos, so kind of waiting for THAT to pay off eventually. I also love how she jumps onto every single rumor of him with other women in some desperate hope of dirtying him up to justify Kristen's cheating.

I'll admit, the second I heard about Cavill/Cuoco, I thought of how pissed Lainey would be. But I expected her to just go the rage route instead of this convoluted conspiracy. Or if she DID go conspiracy, I'd expect her to accuse Kaley of working it for individual PR. The idea that the studio set up Superman with a sitcom star in order to promote a movie that's been out for weeks and a tv show that is already huge is beyond far-fetched. If anything, they'd want to set him up with a fellow movie star to cement him as a true A-lister and half of a super couple, no pun intended.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next