Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleepy Hollow

+48
Crackie
Putli Bai
pinguerin
Instant Monkeys
Grainne Mhaol
Shadowlass
Genevieve
formerlyrandom
Heather
Cynara
GoodbyeWithWords
MtOlivePickles
gannetguts
punzy
PrincessCleo
shanndee
Muggsy
SNeaker
Coneycat
ichabotcrane
Miss Moneypenny
big chicken
Carrie Ann
Corvus
jennlynnster
rivki8699
Agent Sculder
chibimanda
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Snarker
dionneshea
Raised by wolves
Shalamar
QueenSix
RiverThames
bookworm
TiffanyNichelle
blixie
sagitare
naughty zoot
laddical
Kiran
ActonBell
jensa
particle_person
Gallifrey Girl
dreago
52 posters

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

Sleepy Hollow - Page 4 Empty Re: Sleepy Hollow

Post  big chicken Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:49 am

Ichabod Crane, relationship counselor. I laughed so hard when Ichabod's voiceover turned out to be a conversation he was having with the OnStar rep.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:27 am

I love that Abbie is still locking him in the car.

Dammit Nicole Beharie you have made cry TWICE out of four episodes on a show with scorpion poison induced dream states, a guy with broken rubber neck, and a headless horseman of the Apocalypse.

This Tom Mison gif is making my life. I'm only sorry Nicole was cut out of it, because THEY? Are the most *adorable* Apocalypse fighting partners in tv history.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:29 am

Ichabod Crane, relationship counselor. I laughed so hard when Ichabod's voiceover turned out to be a conversation he was having with the OnStar rep.
That was definitely my favorite part, I couldn't stop laughing.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:39 am

The amount of fan fic that will come from this line will be epic.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:47 am

I'm a bit rusty on my Buffy lore, but it seems Moloch has escaped the internets.

This will be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:10 am

blixie wrote:
This Tom Mison gif is making my life. I'm only sorry Nicole was cut out of it, because THEY? Are the most *adorable* Apocalypse fighting partners in tv history.
There's a version of that gif with all three of them somewhere and all of their faces are classic. I'll look for it. (Way to cut out the two black people, good job fandom. *eyeroll*)
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:24 am

They are adorable & he definitely knows what's up!

I like that the writers embrace their silliness & zaniness & that these actors (Ichabod & Abbie) are going along. i love them!

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:28 am

The amount of fan fic that will come from this line will be epic.
Hee, no kidding. I believe my response was "Oh, I'm imagining, all right."
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  ichabotcrane Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:07 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:
blixie wrote:
There's a version of that gif with all three of them somewhere and all of their faces are classic. I'll look for it. (Way to cut out the two black people, good job fandom. *eyeroll*)
whoa excuse me?? idk this is weird - ((i normally come on this site and read forum discussions but i made this account to reply))  hi i am tumblr user 'ichabotcrane' :)) im happy you all like my gifs but i didnt intentionally cut out "the black people" Nicole and Orlando are my fave people and their faces were priceless but if i added them in the gif type i wanted tumblr wouldnt had allowed me to post it because of size restrictions. The purpose of my making of these gifs was to show him circling his face. just sayin', good day.

ichabotcrane

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:54 pm

ActonBell wrote:
That was definitely my favorite part, I couldn't stop laughing.
That was the BEST opening. How much do I want to see this developed into a semi-regular bit with, say, various actors doing cameos for the voices? A LOT, that's how much.

I really liked this episode a lot. The introduction of Abbie's sister definitely adds a lot to the dynamic, and I think it really showed Nicole's strengths as an actress. She's getting better and better as she finds her way into the character, and her scenes with Lyndie Greenwood were terrific. I hope Jenny sticks around - I like the trio vibe, and it's a nice change from the usual main character duo common to these sorts of shows. Plus the way she relates and interacts with Icabod is fabulous. I loved his reaction to her speech about standing up for what you believe in. The fact the two of them have common ground and the beginning of mutual respect and possibly friendship opens up a lot of story possibilities.

Icabod was a hoot when he was dressing down both sisters, especially when he turned on Abbie: "Aaaaaannnnd you..."

Last edited by sagitare on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:20 pm

ichabotcrane wrote:
Miss Moneypenny wrote:
blixie wrote:
whoa excuse me?? idk this is weird - ((i normally come on this site and read forum discussions but i made this account to reply))  hi i am tumblr user 'ichabotcrane' :)) im happy you all like my gifs but i didnt intentionally cut out "the black people" Nicole and Orlando are my fave people and their faces were priceless but if i added them in the gif type i wanted tumblr wouldnt had allowed me to post it because of size restrictions. The purpose of my making of these gifs was to show him circling his face. just sayin', good day.
That's what I got too. The joke was about the face he was making. Makes sense.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:43 pm

bookworm wrote:
ichabotcrane wrote:
Miss Moneypenny wrote:There's a version of that gif with all three of them somewhere and all of their faces are classic. I'll look for it. (Way to cut out the two black people, good job fandom. *eyeroll*)
That's what I got too.  The joke was about the face he was making.  Makes sense.
It is a fabulous face. Thanks for making the gif, ichabotcrane, it's adorable!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  ichabotcrane Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Coneycat wrote:
bookworm wrote:That's what I got too.  The joke was about the face he was making.  Makes sense.
It is a fabulous face. Thanks for making the gif, ichabotcrane, it's adorable!
No problem! :~)

ichabotcrane

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:33 pm

(I cut down some of the nested quote boxes for readability.)

I like the GIF, thanks ichabotcrane!
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:31 pm

I'm curious - are there any other mainstream TV shows out there with not one, but TWO kickass female protagonists - who also happen to be African-American? I can't think of any. Maybe this'll start a trend (one can only hope).
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:22 pm

Orlando Jones posted something about that on twitter: "A show staring two black people and the white guy gets killed first? This show is weird."
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:52 pm

It reminds me of how excited I was when Arrow started off with four AA supporting characters, Walter, Ollie's stepfather, Diggle, Diggle's sister-in-law and Laurel's co-worker. Then the sister-in-law wasn't around for a few episodes. Walter was kidnapped and off screen for the majority of the second half of the season. Laurel's co-worker barely shows up and then gets written off stupidly. So in the end it's only Diggle left.

I'm happy I know that won't happen with this show.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:04 am

This show is adorable, and I just want to hug it and everyone in it. Tom Mison is something else -- he pushes all the right buttons for a serious crush, and his nose is amazing.

Love Abbie, and Jenny too -- she looks like a cross between Jasmine Guy and Rosario Dawson to me. I hope they keep bringing her back because I enjoyed the dynamic she brought to the table.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Sometimes I really hate being old, and 10 PM on Monday is one of those times. I've tried to watch this show and I keep conking out at ten-thirty. Either I get DVR, or I look forward to the DVD set. I really want to join in on the fun!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Dooooo eeeeeeet!

People, can we also talk about that great moment in the cabin when Ichabod does that thing to get Abbie to get up out of her seat? As io9 characterized it: "married-for-twenty-years beat" (scroll down about halfway for the screencap).

Also also from that review: the 'cap of him shooting the gun and standing like the 200 year old revolutionary soldier that he was/is (it's things like that that I enjoy so much about this show: it's so silly and yet these little details and pieces are just so well thought out and placed).

Last edited by sagitare on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:45 pm

But hey, give the guy credit for remembering that modern-day firearms contain more than one bullet.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Him tossing down the pistol in "Blood Moon" and then acting incredulous when Abby yelled at him about it was hilarious.

I love this stupid show for reasons I can't understand.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:41 pm

laddical wrote:I love this stupid show for reasons I can't understand.
I feel the same way. But I think I love it because the show doesn't take itself seriously, and the leads are clearly having an awesome time.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Muggsy Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:03 pm

sagitare wrote:it's things like that that I enjoy so much about this show: it's so silly and yet these little details and pieces are just so well thought out and placed).
Yes it's so smart! Abbie also does this thing where she holds out what she is doing as a way of showing Ichabod without actually telling him. She did it last week with the energy drink can and this week when she cocked the gun. So cute and a really layered character interaction. I love them!

Muggsy

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:33 am

laddical wrote:I love this stupid show for reasons I can't understand.
It's like a puppy with big feet and big brown eyes and soft, floppy ears who sometimes chews holes in your shoes or pees on the floor, but when you go to yell at him, he's already rolled over on his back with his tongue hanging out, and the next thing you know, you're scritching his tummy while you coo baby talk at him.

That's my theory, anyway.

Last edited by sagitare on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum