Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Runway

+38
ActonBell
Kiran
biakbiak
Agent Sculder
Shadowlass
choubetcha
bosoxgirl
mokey75
Matinee
MaddyCat
stephentrendy
SelfAmused
BreezyK
Raised by wolves
jcpdiesel21
roly
killershrew
xyzzy
truecrystal
preciosa
puddingcup
Paris, Texas
whatthedeuce
blooey
paablish
Salieri
punkysdilemma
Binky
maxell131313
Jamie
curryalley
Cutebutpsycho
oxymoron
Miss Moneypenny
Jessica
Instant Monkeys
Jasmine
pizzagirl20
42 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Project Runway - Page 9 Empty Re: Project Runway

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:50 pm

I was amazed at how Fabio's 80s looks last week turned into these interesting, sophisticated looks this week. Both of us thought he should have won. Dmitry, well, he's done some nice stuff but his final collection wasn't to our tastes. I believe T.Lo described that one coat as "gorilla arms."
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Personally I loved Christopher's line. Every single piece.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:27 pm

I was pleased Dmitry won. I do think that for the past several seasons, the final shows have been really boring. Even the contestants who produced weekly bizarre-larity would dial it back for the final.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:58 pm

I liked Dmitry's work more than Fabio's, but admittedly, I thought Fabio's was reminicent of the 80s too much and I don't like pastels.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:07 pm

If forced to choose between Dimitry or Fabio, I would choose Dimitry. But none of the four designers blew me away. I was watching Bravo this afternoon and they were showing the season Christian Siriano won. Love him or hate him, he could make interesting clothes and put on a show. Also in that season were Rami and Chris March who could also turn out some wow looks.

This season was so disappointing. I really wish the PTB would give the finalists more time to create a collection and at the same time drop the decoy collections. I thought the whole reward for being on PR was the opportunity to show at Fashion Week? Where's the prestige when almost half the designers get to show their line?
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:31 am

Wow, not even a week off before All-Stars. Huh.

I'm glad they aufed Peach, though; when they announced the cast she really felt like cannon fodder.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:45 am

And Suede. His (decoy) finale collection by far the worst of any season. And his referring to himself in the third person makes him sound insane.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:32 am

I have three problems with this all-star season. First, no break. I'm a little PR fatigued and am not at all excited about starting a new season. Second, my mind is a blur but didn't we just have an AS season? Too soon. And third, I remember most of these people and they're not AS material. I don't remember any of them as being stunning designers who I felt should get a second chance because they were great but got beat by a better designer in their season. Most of them were either tacky (Kayne and Anthony Ryan) derivative/boring designers (Althea/Peach) or drama queens (everyone else.) With the exception of maybe Andrae they didn't even cast designers that will give good TH like Anthony from the first AS season. These AS were mostly cannon fodder that are somehow back and vying for the biggest prize in PR history and I'm sad one of them will win it.

This is bullshit. Where is Rami Kashou?

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:22 pm

Didn't he do the first all-star season?

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:00 pm

He did. Made it pretty far, but the draping did him in in the end.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:20 pm

I don't get how they were praising Ivy's green Grecian towel toga.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:57 pm

I DON'T EITHER. That thing was so hideous.

I did love Uli's dress. And I'm shocked that they let Wendy go so early. Maybe they decided she wasn't going to be obnoxious this time?
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:10 pm

MY PEOPLE! It's like all the ones I liked, they hated.

I actually liked Wendy's outfit. It was a little over-the-top, but that's DISCO! Why the hell people slammed her and Kayne didn't make sense to me. They hit it on the head in my mind. But Uli's was just visionary in a way -- very Cher in the 70s, but also modern.

I adore Andrae, but he's gotta step it up like a mofo.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:38 pm

We just got around to watching last week's episode. What was up with the two lumberjack fashion dude judges? Who are they? Was I seeing things?
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 pm

punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:02 am

Is Michael Kors leaving the show for just this season or is he gone for good?
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Luciano Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:38 am

Did they put a spoiler in there about who wins this current AS season? Because if so, ew.

Luciano

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 am

I'm hoping the use of the singular "winner" means that that term only refers to Mondo, and this other person is simply the "designer alum" but not a winner.

Edited because I clicked "Send" too soon: Yeah, because all-team challenges worked ever so well on RuPaul's Drag Race this season. Except not.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 am

I'm so sad if Kors is leaving for good - his smug little "we're decided" nod is the highlight of the episode in this household!

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:12 pm

The impression I got was that he was just gone for this season but who knows? From the Boston Globe write-up:

Kors isn’t ‘‘out’’ — as host Heidi Klum likes to say to the fashion-design contestants who get the boot on the granddaddy of fashion reality TV shows. His schedule didn’t allow a commitment, but he will come back as a guest judge for the season finale, according to a statement for Lifetime TV.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:29 am

What the heck was up with Anthony Ryan's boob pillow dress this week? That poor lady, I knew she was doomed when he started working with that straight-across piece of fabric for the neckline. He should've been aufed for that.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:10 am

ITA and the ombre effect of the fabric made it even worse. She looked huge up top and IDK what Isaac (the judge, not the dog, hee) was smoking when he was defending Anthony Ryan so hard. I'm glad he wasn't auf'ed because I like Anthony Ryan but had they auf'ed him, I think it would have been justifiable. I know it's a total cop out, but I did like that no one got kicked off on the "real person" challenge. I hate when they have RP challenges and the judges tear apart some poor girl's dress right in front of her, especially when the girl likes the dress.

This AS field was so weak I could have told you that Emilio, Uli and Anthony Ryan would be the top three. I'm surprised Joshua is still there but the judges have always liked his tacky neon aesthetic that I just. don't. get. Plus although he toned it down this season, I still have residual dislike for his nastiness from last time. My preferred order for the win is Uli, Anthony Ryan, Emilio and Joshua but I haven't seen the final collections yet.

I am not looking forward to an all-team season. This might be the one that breaks my PR habit because a whole season of the most hated, bullshit challenge sounds hideous.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:08 am

I don't even understand how it's going to work. Will it be one or two people from each team facing off at the end, or will they carry on until they've eliminated one team and then have the other team start eating their own? Or will they keep the teams up until the final x contestants and then have them face off individually? What is the point of having teams if that's how they're going to do it?

Ugh, I hate this already. It's like The Amazing Race's Family Edition all over again.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 am

The season of "RuPaul's Drag Race" that just finished was an all team challenges show. (And it sucked, which makes me cringe for the hope for PR.) Anyway, the way they did it was that all the contestants were paired up and had to work together on some kind of project, and if one member of the pair was eliminated, the other one would be as well, no matter how well she did. This continued down until there were, I think, four contestants left, at which point it reverted to an individual competition. It drastically cut down on the number of shows, because two people were being eliminated each week. I have no idea if they'll use this same format on PR, but it's possible.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:53 am

The twist this week was actually fun. Loved that they left the other two in the stew room with no idea what was going on.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next