Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Runway

+38
ActonBell
Kiran
biakbiak
Agent Sculder
Shadowlass
choubetcha
bosoxgirl
mokey75
Matinee
MaddyCat
stephentrendy
SelfAmused
BreezyK
Raised by wolves
jcpdiesel21
roly
killershrew
xyzzy
truecrystal
preciosa
puddingcup
Paris, Texas
whatthedeuce
blooey
paablish
Salieri
punkysdilemma
Binky
maxell131313
Jamie
curryalley
Cutebutpsycho
oxymoron
Miss Moneypenny
Jessica
Instant Monkeys
Jasmine
pizzagirl20
42 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Project Runway - Page 10 Empty Re: Project Runway

Post  xyzzy Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:01 pm

Heh, "I wouldn't have gone to Paris to buy that fabric." So true. The fact that the judges found anything at all to like in Joshua's mess of a dress just boggles the mind.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:58 pm

This was a good twist for the ending. I liked the one-hour modification and am happy that Uli got in, because she really modded the hell out of her dress.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:08 am

Boo, I wanted Uli to win. I didn't care for her final collection, though.

The teamwork twist of next season, I have my doubts on it lasting the entire season. Mostly because that seems dumb. Although if they have team elimination that will cut down the number of contestants down very quickly. I assume the teamwork thing is primarily because they cast everyone who cannot play well with others.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 am

I liked Uli's final collection the best, thought Emilio's had nothing new in it, and thought Anthony Ryan put the same mass-marketable color-blocked stippled dress down the runway over and over. At least Uli and Emilio had dresses and pants and different fabrics going down the runway. I think there were multiple pieces of Uli's that were buyable and despite the fact that Emilio didn't show anything particularly new, his pieces were at least diverse and most of them were downright cute, especially his first dress.

AR made one dress that liked but since he made that dress over and over I guess I liked his whole collection? IDK, I'm so confused. I would totally buy that dress for less than $50 and wear it to the wedding of a second cousin or the funeral of a work friend. So hearty congratulations to the softer side of Sears for winning Project Runway All-Stars.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:03 pm

TPTB picked Anthony Ryan weeks ago and no amount of brilliance from other designers would dissuade them. Uli was robbed!

Between this and Top Chef, I'm not having a good week picking people to win reality shows.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:38 pm

I liked Uli's collection best too. Emilio had a cool concept, but I don't feel like it really came through in an innovative way, and Anthony Ryan made some swell dresses but they all looked the same to me. Would I wear any of those clothes that came down the runway last night? Hell no, because I'm short and pudgy, but that ain't the issue, is it? Uli's was the one where I sat up and said "Ooh, pretty!"
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Raised by wolves wrote:I would totally buy that dress for less than $50 and wear it to the wedding of a second cousin or the funeral of a work friend. So hearty congratulations to the softer side of Sears for winning Project Runway All-Stars.
Hee. For real. Also, "[to] the funeral of a work friend" made me guffaw. Not a real friend, but a work friend maybe.

Yeah, I liked Uli's the best too but I knew it wasn't going to win. Oh well. I liked the IDEA of Emilio's but I didn't love how it turned out. I swore I saw the same jacket twice. Also, the hair? I know he was going for Aunt Jemima/Rosie the Riveter but modern, but aaaaallllllll I could see was Whitney Houston from "How Will I Know."

As Tom and Lorenzo have been saying for weeks, they clearly chose AR some time back, and I wasn't the least bit surprised when he won. His collection was OK. But, y'know. Whatever. It was a snooze pretty much as far as I'm concerned. Isaac was that excited over some slightly lower pockets? Seriously?

Last week: I shocked myself by actually liking Josh's dress. It was just ballsy somehow. I thought it was going to be horrible and was mentally making fun of it until it came down the runway and I suddenly was like "...Son of a bitch, I like it." And usually I CANNOT STAND the stuff he makes. But I actually liked that dress a lot. And I did NOT see what was so great about Emilio's. It was a freaking long-sleeved, high-necked dress all in one uniform pattern. I did not get it. It looked like the dress my Angel Face Barbie had.

Oh, and I somehow missed that this week was the finale and I guess I thought this was a final challenge BEFORE the finale, and first I was like "wow, a whole mini-collection, four days, how luxurious" and then "gosh, they actually took them to a different runway, how cool" and then "they have an audience and everything" and then "wow, lots of fancy fashion people!" and then "luminaries at the end saying how they liked it, just like in the finale! What are they going to do for the...oh." Doy. Oh All-Stars.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:09 pm

So the girl who got eliminated, that was the same person who was all "Everyone outta my way, I'm winning this whole thing," right? Sweet editing justice.

I do not like this thing where the whole team clusters around your garment with Tim. But then I always wish this show was more about individual talent and not interpersonal drama so this season may be a lost cause.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 am

Not loving group critique either. People need their one-on-one time with Tim, damnit!

I thought this first episode was super boring, and I can already see how every single judging will play out from here on out. Person on top, it sounds like your team helped you! Person on bottom, it sounds like your team led you astray!

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 pm

Someone pointed out online that the team thing is basically "Project Runway: Survivor", except the judges and not the team votes the loser off.

How is the team thing going to work when the numbers dwindle? I bet they have non-team challenges at some point.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:56 am

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm feeling a little randy, I just ask my husband to put on his macrame shirt and flasher-length trench coat. Really gets me going! Hoo nelly!

I was astounded at how truly awful everything was, and how they made those ripped, toned, zero-body-fat dudes all look schlubby. Though I will grant the show really should give the designers more than 24 hours for something that needs to look tailored.

Absolutely adored how the absurd awfulness of it all sent Nina into hysterics.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:30 am

That was just bound for failure. A menswear challenge for business-dressed strippers with unusual proportions and tear away features in less than 24 hours? How could any of that possibly go wrong? Except for all of it of course. If this challenge wasn't set out to be a massive failure, the crack smoking production crew needs to be replaced. I wouldn't have had a problem with menswear or clothes with special tear away features but to expect both in less than 24 hours was impossible. It was a major fail and not on the poor designers parts.

I groused about the team challenge aspect before the season started but I have to take my words back in that it's not bothering me. TBH there is no stand out designers this season. They're all so very weak.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Agreed. This was a textbook illustration of how arbitrarily tight deadlines sometimes just ruin the fun instead of upping the excitement. Like, we all knew before they even started making everything that it was all going to look crappy because of the timeline. So what's even the point? I know they want to create tension and scrambling and drama, but when there's basically no possibility for triumph then it's just a waste of time. I know I've used this stupid example before but it's like on ANTM when they tell them to create a look for themselves with a bunch of clothes and makeup on a particular theme...and then tell them they have three minutes. They all show up panting with clothes falling off of themselves and makeup smeared arbitrarily on their faces and it's like, OK? And someone "wins" because they had the luck to grab the good dress first or whatever. You could argue that ANTM is just about watching idiots do stupid stuff while fighting, but PR is supposed to be at least SOMEWHAT about watching people design interesting clothes. So it's annoying when they basically construct the show so that can't happen.

I strangely don't mind the team aspect at all either. In fact I like it; it's interesting to see them team up in different ways. I think it's because it's less about some stupid rivalries (since they keep switching it up) and more about them ACTUALLY trying to use all their different strengths complementarily. It seems to actually DISCOURAGE diva behavior because they're supposed to make all the outfits look good, not just their own.

Also it seemed dumb to me that their 30 minutes of "sketching" apparently also included (a) doing all the measurements themselves (they can't have that provided for them?) and (b) receiving instruction FROM THE DANCERS on what tearaway clothes were and how to make them.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:52 am

Oh for the love of crap, why is Patricia still here? Ugh.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:16 pm

I am so sick of Daniel. SO SICK of him. I was done with him when he made that shitty pink dress a couple weeks ago, which was like the most offensively bad/uninteresting thing I think I've ever seen on this show, and they kind of liked it. Now he makes a suit out of giant banana peels and they're like "You can doodle the shoulder thingys! IT'S EDITORIAL!" I just cannot stand him. I liked him in the beginning but I am so over him.

Pretty sure Michelle just didn't hear Nina, which was stupidly careless of her, but it might have been nice if SOMEONE, perhaps TIM GUNN whose job it kind of is, had pointed out to her that she was doing exactly what Nina said not to do. Maybe he wasn't listening either. She is my favorite of those remaining and it is really pretty ludicrous that she was on the bottom. And what is this "second chance" silliness? I mean, I hope she doesn't go home (BECAUSE DANIEL NEEDS TO GO HOME) but, what is that? This show has become so silly.

I felt really bad for Patricia and also really bad for Richard. Even though I kind of hate Richard. But it has to feel bad that everyone was swallowing their vomit about the idea of having you on their team, and you end up working with the same person you just worked with unhappily last week that got you eliminated. But mostly Patricia because my God, he really could not figure out how to do anything. Stanley is obnoxious but I did like his outfit. That said, I don't understand what they see in Patricia really. The cynical part of me thinks that since "tribal" stuff is everywhere these days (although I imagine that from a fashion standpoint that was like five years ago), they want somebody who can do "tribal" stuff and they don't have to feel guilty about it because it's not cultural appropriation because she's actually Native American. I was actually sort of glad she didn't go home this time because I felt so bad for her having to deal with Richard, but the one I wanted to go home was DANIEL. Or possibly Layana because I thought that thing looked like something you'd buy at King Richard's Faire, and not in a good way. The leather was just cut out, it looked like. Shouldn't you be hemming that or something? It just looked messy to me. Whatever.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:10 am

He seems to be wearing on the last nerve of the Internets but I think Timothy's special unicorn snowflake routine is hilarious -- he is so deadly earnest about his sustainable bushwa and has no idea how insane he sounds.  I'll take that over smarmy attention whore, definitely. 

Russian guy, well, that guy's nuts, and poor Helen needs to take many cleansing breaths.

Guy with the red hair but not a beard reminds me of Taran Killam. 

I like them having one budget for the entire season (I hope someone does run out of money) and I even like the little interactive play thing they're doing even though I can never participate since we only watch this show timeshifted.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:05 am

I was so glad when Posen caled Timothy out on the previous challenge for burning the synthetic but his designs suck. Tim's face when he saw the first version of the design was gold and him being okay for using the remnant blue velvet made me want to punch him in the face because I bet that shit wasn't organic.

I am actually watching them for the first time in years, stopped watching when it was still going on Bravo) but I do like some of the changes the budget for the season and close ups with Tim gun on the final garments.

Last edited by biakbiak on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hen)
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:47 am

Timothy is such a special snowflake. He doesn't seem to realize how stupid he's making his side look.

I am enjoying the show this season. I like that Tim gets to be on the runway and that he has a save. Also, someone is totally going to run out of money.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:17 pm

I was worried that Captain Hissyfit was going to storm out at the beginning of the episode and that meant we were in for another round of Precious Timothy vs. Whatserface, but thankfully we were spared.

The bit with Braden and his fiance at the end of the episode seemed kinda staged (I wonder when in the filming schedule the DOMA decision was actually handed down) but I was happy for them.  18 years together -- they seem very genuine.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:12 pm

It seems too recent to have matched with the filming schedule to me.

I was surprised the crazy Russian stormed off about being safe.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Luciano Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:56 pm

punkysdilemma wrote: (I wonder when in the filming schedule the DOMA decision was actually handed down)
Nina wrote on her Twitter that the episode was taped June 17th and DOMA was struck down the following week.

Jeremy didn't deserve to be in the bottom, especially with Karen still there. What the hell was going on with the pants on her outfit? She keeps sliding and it's baffling.

Also, Jeremy is hot and I want my eye-candy to survive as long as possible.

Luciano

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Bradon's white curtain wedding gown was the best thing on that runway last night.  I guess they might be pretending that Miranda's boring-ass tank and skirt combo lowered the overall team score, but honestly Karen's shapeless dress with shit glued all over it reminded me of a garbage can.  But I guess the producers can't give all the wins to Bradon up front.  Hm.

I don't get all the drooling over Kate.  She's good but she's not the second coming or anything.  If anything, Dom needs more attention.

Ken: You are acting like a dink, and everyone thinks you are a dink, and this is doing you no favors.  Shaddup.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:01 pm

I liked Ken when he was standing up to Sando (although, as someone with a bad temper, I can attest that the absolute worst thing to say to someone who's losing it is "Calm down"), but he lost me last night for just unwarranted bitchery.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:05 pm

I cannot literally comprehend how that monstrosity of a dress won.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:28 pm

When the winning dress walked out I thought it looked like a fish skin and not in a good way. When Heidi went on about how well it fit the bust I was agog. The bust fit was terrible. I thought Kate's was the better dress from that collection. IMO the only reason that dress won was because they didn't want to just keep passing the wins between Kate and Bradon.

Ken did act like a dink and he hated his team from second one, but the way it was edited it did look like Alexandra and Sue were steamrolling him about the shopping. Either he pissed them off minute one or by the time he was completely ignored about what shops to go to and had to fight them budget-wise it was a little understandable that he was not going to let them walk all over him once they got back to the workroom. The one thing I can't forgive is that "I'm talking so you can't" shit. I hate that more soooo much.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next