Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Runway

+38
ActonBell
Kiran
biakbiak
Agent Sculder
Shadowlass
choubetcha
bosoxgirl
mokey75
Matinee
MaddyCat
stephentrendy
SelfAmused
BreezyK
Raised by wolves
jcpdiesel21
roly
killershrew
xyzzy
truecrystal
preciosa
puddingcup
Paris, Texas
whatthedeuce
blooey
paablish
Salieri
punkysdilemma
Binky
maxell131313
Jamie
curryalley
Cutebutpsycho
oxymoron
Miss Moneypenny
Jessica
Instant Monkeys
Jasmine
pizzagirl20
42 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Project Runway - Page 3 Empty Re: Project Runway

Post  maxell131313 Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:38 am

I expected Austin to do better than the hot mess he sent down the runway. Too bad the glue gun didn't melt more than just a section because that dress was just awful.

I am Team Mondo all the way and I really pray he doesn't implode during the challenges. He was screwed during his season and deserves to win. That said, Rami's dress was beautiful and was, IMO, the correct winner. Amazing structure and the model was working it.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:32 am

I know that Elisa has was kinda there for cannon fodder and if I were in a room with her for a few minutes she would make me crazy, but she did not deserve to go over that hot mess Sweet P put down the runway. I do remember actually liking a few things Elisa sent down the runway on her first go-round so it's not like she's the worst designer there. I'll watch because it doesn't interfere with anything else I'm DVRing, but I'm totally giving this thing the side-eye. I have a feeling this is an oopsie we made a boo-boo so let's fix it show for Rami and Mondo and everyone else is just in the way until that happens (although I do think there are others who would be good winners.)

And I'm just going to admit it now and get it out of the way. I loved Mila's color blocking designs in her season and will probably love them again this time. Yes she always does it but she does it in different ways. Simple colors with intricate designs and/or patterns are my fashion high whether they're in style or not. It's just what I gravitate towards.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:08 am

Raised by wolves wrote:I have a feeling this is an oopsie we made a boo-boo so let's fix it show for Rami and Mondo and everyone else is just in the way until that happens (although I do think there are others who would be good winners.).

But, I mean, Rami was on the show with Christian who is definitely the most successful winner that the show has ever produced. I don't remember feeling a lot of outrage over Christian's win and his post-show work and reputation have certainly lived up to the ideal of what the show was trying to do.

Obviously I agree with you about Mondo, and I enjoy Rami's work, but I wouldn't say he was robbed of a win.

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:52 pm

The editing was really weird on the show last night, like they forgot how to do a show in an hour instead of an hour and a half. I guess there were too many designers. Also, Not-Heidi's voice is much worse to listen to than Heidi's, and I really missed Tim's dulcet tones when she had to yell to the designers that there were 5 minutes left to shop.

Rami's and Mondo's looks were both really cool. I loved the tone-on-tone bodice Mondo pulled out of god knows where (was that a party bag)? I also thought for sure they would keep Elisa around for insanity purposes for at least another couple of weeks, because yeah, Sweet P's washcloth montage was really, really bad.

I was surprised how bad Gordana's was.

And, after all that bitching, and the hilarious runway stunt of making them walk one after the other (I wonder if that was editing), April and Michael C's mop macrame both ended up in the middle! (I liked April's more.)
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:56 pm

D'oh!! DVR didn't catch this, probably because it has a slightly different title. I will have to catch a repeat. And I was really wishing there was something good on TV last night, too. I'm also Team Mondo.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  SelfAmused Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:53 pm

I really enjoyed All-Stars. It's been a long time since I've watched Project Runway and was impressed by the top two. I don't remember being as annoyed by Michael during his season as I was by him tonight, but it might have been because I felt bad about the way Gretchen and the others picked on him. Anthony, however, I enjoyed. I usually don't like his work (and he is such an attention whore), but he makes me laugh.

SelfAmused

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:37 pm

I retract my complaining about Tim. I love and miss him, but Joanna Coles is awesome. I actually thought this was pretty fun -- Angela Lindvall was fine, I thought. She spoke a little TOO carefully when telling people they were in, or out, and I think it made her sound a little weird, but in the more free-form moments I thought she was good. Heidi was TERRIBLE the first season.

It helps that there are a lot of people in this cast that I really, really like. I hate Elisa, so I'm glad she's gone, but the rest of them I either like, or love to hate (KENLEY).
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Of the good, I liked what these guys came up with from the $0.99 store more than pretty much all of the real fabric designs of the past two seasons. Also, I LOVE Isaac Mizrahi--Is that unpopular? I feel like he was internet-hated from The Fashion Show--and I love his critiques. He's like Kors but better: offering valid criticism but without the trying-too-hard-to-be-clever schtick.

That said, I REALLY do not like Georgina Chapman. Her critiques generally boil down to "pretty" or "not pretty" and she has little or no appreciation for originality, avant garde or any aesthetic which is different from her own. And on a design show, I think uniqueness is something that should be taken into consideration. She and Rami will get along famously because Rami does know from pretty.

The worst though were the models!! OMG-half of them couldn't walk, and the other half did nothing at all to sell the outfits.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:02 am

The DVR had it after all! I just didn't see it yesterday, I guess. I find Elisa EXTREMELY wearying and I can't be sorry that she was eliminated so quickly, but I have to say that based on the clothes alone, it was Sweet P by a mile. That dress was not only ugly it was DEPRESSING. I hope she pulls it together.

Still Team Mondo, but I loved Rami's too. Also, I guess I forgot, but goodness Rami is HOT.

I always liked April. I hope she sticks around for a while. (I also picked her mop dress of the two.) I've never been a big fan of Gordana.

When I watched the accessory one, it was really annoying how the host said the EXACT SAME LINES as Heidi, so I was glad they changed the patter up at least a little bit this time.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:26 pm

I thought that Sweet P was a goner. Her dress was AWFUL. Though the outfit she herself had on was nice.

I figured that Elisa was not long for the competition, but still.

I thought Mondo's was the best design, but I can;t really argue with giving Rami the win.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:21 am

Kind of a dull, simplistic challenge, but some of the final products were quite stunning. Austin's was lovely and Michael's was very slinky. I wasn't wild about Anthony's schizophrenic dress and thought that it had too much boobage; I would have put Mondo's chic 60's throwback/futuristic look in the top 3 instead. I figured April was a goner, as her dress was a complete mess. Perhaps Sweet P's printed skirt fabric looked better in person, as I thought it was hideous. I didn't like Jerell's either, since it had no shape whatsoever, but I've never been a huge fan of his style.

The judging was much stronger this week. I liked how even though it was obvious who was in the bottom and top three, the judges still had a little criticism for the top designs and minor praise for the bottom dwellers.

Next week should be a LOT of fun.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:23 am

Why were so many people apparently wearing a sack?

I really liked Mondo's as well, and I also don't know what April was thinking.

Happy to see Sweet P go, wow, she flamed out fast.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

I am old enough to remember those floral print Laura Ashley dresses that teenagers and college girls used to wear in the 1980s, and that was all I could think of when I saw Kara's and Sweet P's dresses last night. Dress silhouette aside, those fabrics were HIDEOUS. I can't believe the judges didn't tear Kara and Sweet P a new one for that.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:15 pm

killershrew wrote:I am old enough to remember those floral print Laura Ashley dresses that teenagers and college girls used to wear in the 1980s, and that was all I could think of when I saw Kara's and Sweet P's dresses last night. Dress silhouette aside, those fabrics were HIDEOUS. I can't believe the judges didn't tear Kara and Sweet P a new one for that.
Nina and Michael surely wouldn't have held back.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:38 pm

killershrew wrote:I am old enough to remember those floral print Laura Ashley dresses that teenagers and college girls used to wear in the 1980s, and that was all I could think of when I saw Kara's and Sweet P's dresses last night. Dress silhouette aside, those fabrics were HIDEOUS. I can't believe the judges didn't tear Kara and Sweet P a new one for that.

Those fabrics were GODAWFUL.

While I think that a print for an Opera dress could work, it would have to be a darker print. This goes for Kenley's dress as well. Of course, unlike Kara's and Sweet P's hot messes, I actually liked Kenley's, I just thought it wasn't appropriate for the challenge.

April's dress was baaaaaaad. I thought the idea of dyeing the fabric was interesting, but the results were not impressive.

I like Sweet P, but I'm not unhappy that she's gone: her work was subpar twice in a row.

I liked the top three, and I thought Austin deserved the win, though I wouldn't have been upset if Michael had won either.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Michael's dress was another sack/robe thing and, bleh. I would have given it to Mondo for at least being interesting.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  stephentrendy Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:20 pm

I liked Mondo's dress better. Michael's was a little too Krystle Carrington for me. I want to like April, but her construction skills are awful.

stephentrendy
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:51 pm

I've been disappointed with the all-star season so far. I've already voiced my complaints about the new faces in hosting, judging and mentoring, and my opinions on these remain the same. The challenges so far have been dull and uninspired. I expected last week's challenge centered around Miss Piggy to be incredible, but it didn't think it came together very well. This week's had potential, but the six-hour time limit nixed that. How are these designers, many of who struggle to completely create their vision in a day, supposed to create something memorable in such a short time span? Most of what was sent down the runway was awful or forgettable. I can't believe that Michael got the win; at least Mondo's showed some thought and connection to the gelato flavor.

I liked Michael on his original season, and it is fun to imagine Ivy seething with hatred while he succeeds this time around. But I'm find him incredibly annoying so far this time around. His happy reactions are SO over the top that I want to shake him and tell him to get a grip.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Yeah, of course you don't want there to be no CHALLENGE to the challenge, but sometimes the limits placed on the contestants for the competition's sake mean that the fashions are not as much fun to look at.

Also, I was mad that we didn't get to see the winning Miss Piggy dress ON Miss Piggy.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:01 pm

I completely forgot all-stars existed til I caught 3 episodes in a row last week. I was surprised by the boring challenges and also, that thing on Austin's face. What is that and why is it there?!
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Of the challenges so far, I've liked this one (GELATO!) the least.

I liked what both Mondo and Michael did. They were very nice, breezy dresses. I wasn't fond of Mila's, though at least she wasn't working in black and white this time.

I was surprised that Kara wasn't sent home: that dress was ugly.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:24 am

Oh my gosh, I'm so mad about Rami going home! I really liked his outfit, and when the jacket was opened, it hung so well.

I didn't mind Michael C. during his season, but at this point, I can't stand him. I was so glad Jerrell won -- his whole outfit really told a story. As the judges say, "I could picture the girl." Michael's constant whining, etc. UGH.

I will miss Rami and his hotness. And his beautiful clothes.
pizzagirl20
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:20 am

I'm also irritated at Rami going home. He deserves to stick around longer, he's so talented. And hot.

I liked the idea of this challenge pitting designers against each other, but hated how one designer from each season HAD to be in the bottom and the top. It seemed like a lot of the outfits were super close in their scores where it could have gone either way.

I was pleased to see Jerell take the win. His look was cool and chic, and it was nice that the judges recognized this and the story behind it. Michael, SHUT UP. Also, admit it, you copied Jerell. The similarities were way too coincidental. I am so ready for him to go home.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:53 pm

And wasn't Michael complaining about April copying him by picking the same color? Red... for an opera dress.

I like how Joanna handled it, by calling a group meeting. As much as Michael complained about it, I think it encouraged him to alter his design. The judges must have been told to mention the drama, because I don't think the final looks looked similar at all.
Jamie
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:32 pm

It was entertaining and then horrifying how one by one, the favorites (the risk-taking designers -- well, except maybe Michael) ended up in the bottom of their pairings. I definitely thought Austin would make it, though, because Rami's green shirt looked like a surgical procedure gone wrong. TLo are calling it Frankenblouse.

Honestly, I thought Kara's look looked like Targetwear (though with Mizrahi on panel, that might not be a bad thing...) and I kinda liked Austin's grandma look for spring. I may be old for my age.

punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next