Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Runway

+38
ActonBell
Kiran
biakbiak
Agent Sculder
Shadowlass
choubetcha
bosoxgirl
mokey75
Matinee
MaddyCat
stephentrendy
SelfAmused
BreezyK
Raised by wolves
jcpdiesel21
roly
killershrew
xyzzy
truecrystal
preciosa
puddingcup
Paris, Texas
whatthedeuce
blooey
paablish
Salieri
punkysdilemma
Binky
maxell131313
Jamie
curryalley
Cutebutpsycho
oxymoron
Miss Moneypenny
Jessica
Instant Monkeys
Jasmine
pizzagirl20
42 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Project Runway - Page 4 Empty Re: Project Runway

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:47 pm

WHAAAAAAAAAT. I am appalled. I love Rami. Kara and Kenley are still there and Rami is gone? That is a crime.

I loved Jerrell's though. I'm glad he won.

Austin's was straight-up hilarious. That MAY look chic on a 5' 10" 90-pound model (I didn't think it did, but I got it in a Tavi Gevinson kind of way), but not on anyone else, by gum.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:48 pm

I'm surprised by how insanely bored I am with this season. It's got Austin, who's always been a huge fave of mine and yet none of the challenges or entries have truly wowed me so far. Usually, I'm drooling over tons of stuff by the end of the first few eps, but the season's been really blah, IMO.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:06 pm

How is Kara still here?

I understand that Austin;s outfit was a bit of a mess, but hers was just BORING.

I figured Rami to be in the final four.

I did like that Jerrell won: his outfit was very nice and considerably better than Michael's.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Honestly, I never understood how Kara made it so far in her own season. I've just never liked her work and don't see any appeal in her work. However, she seems like a rather kind woman and very passionate about fashion, obviously.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:56 pm

I barely want to watch this without Rami. I was certain he was final four material as well. That he's gone and the likes of Kara and Kenley are still there just...hurts me. Really. And Michael. Gah.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:00 pm

I loved Mondo's outfit and was so glad he won. Which brings me to a bitch about the challenge parameters vs. the judging. The challenge was to make a costume that could be put on during the play and yet during the judging no one mentioned that as part of the judging criteria. Austin made a suspender skirt that in no way could be put on by an actress while singing and dancing, and he almost won the challenge. As ugly as Mila's hooker skirt was, at least it could have been put on while onstage. It irks me when the judges completely ignore (or even worse ding) designers for going with a concept that they were told to design for.

ETA: Sutton Foster! She was in one of my favorite Flight of the Conchord songs. Actually I've written you a song Coco.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 pm

I agree with both the winner and loser this week.

Kara seems nice enough, and her work when she's not under the stress of reality competition is good, but this isn't really the right venue for her.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Ye gods, what was that thing Jerell did this week? I would have definitely aufed him over Mila, and I don't really like Mila.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Raised by wolves wrote:ETA: Sutton Foster! She was in one of my favorite Flight of the Conchord songs. Actually I've written you a song Coco.
I still get that song in my head each time I see Sutton Foster (and a good deal of other times), and this was no exception. Gettin' nude with the food...ah the piano, I love it.

I also hated Jerrell's monstrosity. I'm glad Kenley got called out for doing the same thing every time. And, I'm psyched Mondo won because I loved his dress, but I also loved the back! Really, if it had been an entirely black dress they would have KNOWN that it was supposed to represent Jamaica, because it somehow exuded Jamaica-ness, a long black jersey dress, but putting yellow and green on the back was too literal? I thought that was all very silly.

Every time I see Austin's model on the runway she reminds me of Miss Lavinia Swire.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm straight up offended that Jerrell got India and used it as a reason to produce that piece of shit. He could have done something lovely with gorgeous colourful fabrics, but no. Even Michael's - a draped grecian gown for Greece in the flag colours! - was less on-the-nose and stereotypical.

I like Kenley's pretty dresses, but pretty dresses that are in no way innovative, and scarely vary from week to week should not be enough to keep someone in a design competition.

Very disappointed Mila is gone. I don't always love her work, but she and Mondo were they only two left I was interested in seeing a runway show from (Rami as well, sniff sniff!). I love Austin but he is so not bringing it this year.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:33 am

OK, it's official, if both of us are sitting on our couch going "OMG that is hideous" the person who made said hideosity is guaranteed a win. Really thought Austin's look was heading for the bottom with its floppy Christmas lights.

I quite liked Mondo's look and begrudgingly liked Kenley's as well, more so with the lights off than on.

What is going on with Austin's magically disappearing mustache?
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Well, Jerrell is finally gone. I don;t understand how he got as far as he did.

I'm still surprised that Kenley and Michael are in the Final Four. I would have figured that Rami and Mila would have had those spots.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:35 am

oxymoron wrote:I'm still surprised that Kenley and Michael are in the Final Four.
I KNOW. I wouldn't have guessed that going into this season. Kenley's been much less offensive this season and Michael so over-the-top with his emotional outbursts that I'm rooting for him to be the next one eliminated.

This week's challenge was the strongest one of the season. Watching the designers make something that incorporated lights was really fun to watch. And while there were some terrible looks sent down the runway, at least nothing was boring.

Does anyone know how the winner is going to be decided this time around? Will the top three or four show a complete collection? I hadn't heard anything about this from the most recent fashion week, and that's usually such a huge story.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:09 am

Not that I loved seeing another flowy caftan from Michael but Kenley, please! It's the last challenge before the collections and you make the same simple dress you've made all season and on top of that you can't be assed to match the patterns in the cuts? Totally deserved auf'ing and even if she didn't deserve if for her dress she obviously rubbed the guest judge the wrong way. When someone judging you calls you haughty and says you won't listen you are fucked.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Does anyone know how the winner is going to be decided this time around? Will the top three or four show a complete collection? I hadn't heard anything about this from the most recent fashion week, and that's usually such a huge story.

They didn't show at Fashion Week this go round. I think they're still showing a complete collection, but just to the judges. (I mean, I guess the judges are the only people who judge it ever, but you know what I mean.)
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:10 pm

And, justice has been done.

Why was everyone CHEWING at the runway show? Did they give everybody gum to bribe them to attend?

I loved Mondo's collection, and I'm very happy that he won. I actually liked all three collections, but Mondo's was far and away my favorite. I was happy they gave out consolation prizes of a trip to Paris at least. (Did they say it was only for a weekend though? A week would have been nice.)

Back to regular PR, please.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Meh. I'm pleased that Mondo won and liked his collection, but the thing I'm most excited about is that this underwhelming season is over. If I hadn't already given up on this show after season 8 wrapped, the all-star season would have killed my love for it dead.

I thought it was interesting that the "previously on..." portion at the top of the episode featured very little of Mondo's irritating behavior in the last episode when he was quite a pill, bordering on Mean Girl in his comments about Austin. I guess they didn't want to give the viewers that reminder before his big win?
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:13 am

I was worried that the tonguebath they were giving Michael C. was to soften people up for him possibly winning. No, it was them digging up nice things to say about him while still aufing him early.

I keep wondering what it's going to take to get T. Lo to quit covering this show...
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Apparently, Season 10 starts tonight. I had no idea until I stumbled across it on another message board.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:05 am

If it weren't for your post I wouldn't have known it was starting but I just saw the an article that said this season is filled with drama (yuck) and
Spoiler:
Really has gone downhill.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:15 am

I was kind of meh on it when I saw one dude named Deathrace. This is not gonna be good sadly.

And is it just me or did a lot of the fashions look the same glam rock thing?
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm just happy it's not the all-stars season. Seems like an interesting mix of people, and only one horrible one so far (Gunnar). Some cool outfits, too. I sort of can't believe whatshisname won with that misbehaving zipper, but I did like it. And I agreed with the boot even though I was hoping to get rid of Lanti the Grating Cougar. She can go back to the pretty-people table or whatever that was that she said. Hurl.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:And I agreed with the boot even though I was hoping to get rid of Lanti the Grating Cougar. She can go back to the pretty-people table or whatever that was that she said. Hurl.

I agreed with the aufing as well... and I honestly think that this one is next.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:22 pm

I'm sure T.Lo will let me know shortly why this is wrong, but we both loved Guy Who Looks Like Adrien Brody's black fringed look. It moved! Despite being covered in candy! Even he looked surprised he wasn't in the top 3. Much as I liked the look of the gummy sharks on the other one, I would have sent that one to the middle for the flappy blue ass-apron.

I don't know what Candy Buttons lady was thinking because Tim was spot-on correct that it looked craft-y and additionally bad.

Licorice football uniform: I'm surprised no one mentioned Jillian's Twizzler bustier from a few years back but I guess that might have been a Bravo season.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Yeah, we liked Russian Adrien Brody's look a lot too, so much so that we wonder why we didn't see more of it. Maybe the producers didn't want us to see how good it was?

I was surprised that Candy Buttons didn't get the "pooping fabric" comment. I do think they sent the right person home, but I would have put Candy Buttons in the bottom instead of either Buffi or the licorice armor.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next