Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downton Abbey (British version)

+61
mandalaya
Melk
bookworm
SarahJanet
Lily Rose
particle_person
slmader
Nerg
xyzzy
Decca
dionneshea
boutros boutros kitty
sagitare
Corvus
VodouDoll
Poubelle
pamchenko
lil d
laddical
chibimanda
Auroura76
fuh
Rhilin
emrie
tothemax
Jessica
wenchsenior
themis
RiverThames
Instant Monkeys
dday515
Shadowlass
BreezyK
biakbiak
Fraoch
laurelin_kit
maxell131313
bbridges
choubetcha
Tabby
MLIS
schwa
inversed
puddingcup
Unlucky Bear
Carrie Ann
mialoubug
mrinsouciance
naughty zoot
mokey75
salamandersam
Gillian
Francie Nolan
QueenSix
epudom
Morning Angel
harvey the penguin
Queen Esther
caerbannog
Kiran
Genevieve
65 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Downton Abbey (British version) - Page 8 Empty Re: Downton Abbey (British version)

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:03 pm

That's why I think O'Brien did it in a misguided fit of remorse. With the discussion she had with Thomas last(?) episode where he was like "Why did you squeal to Vera that he was here?" and she seemed lost like she didn't really have an answer, she was just being evil out of habit, it seemed to me like she regretted doing it, like her little nasty swipe totally snowballed and now she's like "never mind, abort, this bitch is at another level." In other words, she accidentally released the kraken. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But that's how I've been reading her facial expressions recently. So I think she tried to "fix" it by putting a hit on Vera, which is just going to make things even crazier.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey (British version) - Page 8 Empty Re: Downton Abbey (British version)

Post  Tabby Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:13 pm

In other words, she accidentally released the kraken. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But that's how I've been reading her facial expressions recently. So I think she tried to "fix" it by putting a hit on Vera, which is just going to make things even crazier.
This is what I think. I think she regrets having written Vera - even Thomas didn't know why she'd done that.

I had some doubts about Jane, but I think she really is a war widow. Her son is 12, so she's not claiming that she had a quickie war marriage, and she seems to have some kind of official information about receiving a pension.

Next week: influenza!
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:17 pm

mokey75 wrote:
biakbiak wrote:I could more easily see O'Brien killing Vera in an attempt to frame and get rid of Bates once and for all than doing it because she felt bad.
I still don't get why she hates him so much. So what if Bates got the job that Thomas would have been terrible at? He's clearly going nowhere at this point, and you'd think O'Brien would stop with the revenge plots after causing Cora's miscarriage.
Is that why O'Brien hates Mr. Bates? I thought I had forgotten something. I think it was someone in this thread who mentioned that Thomas never does anything, something I had never noticed and now I can't not notice. All he does is have hushed conversations with O'Brien and make a snarky remark at Carson once in a while. It seems that even he's gotten over Bates getting the job, so I don't know why O'Brien insists on keeping it going.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:36 pm

I think because in some ways O'Brien is worse then Thomas. Thomas is awful but he kinda owns it. O'Brien does horrible things then feels guilt for it and then weirdly tries to be self righteous about it to Thomas.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  themis Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:04 am

I still think Thomas is her natural son, or something, they're way too symbiotic to just be co-workers.

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:28 am

That would have to mean O'Brien has had sex.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:55 am

She probably ate her lover after she mated with him, like a Praying Mantis or Black Widow.
chibimanda
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:01 am

I'm surprised no one posted this yet. "They've got three daughters: hot, WAY hot, and... the other one."
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:18 am

That was brilliant. And I haven't even started watching this show yet.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Nolan Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm confused about PBS's scheduling. Next week there are two episodes, airing back-to-back. Are those episodes 6 and 7? Then the Christmas special is the following week? I thought there were 8 episodes plus the Christmas special, so I'm confused. Are we colonials combining 6 and 7 into one episode?

I cannot believe they actually played the back from the dead, long-lost heir, burnt beyond recognition, soldier with amnesia, assumed identity, and unrequited love cards all in the same episode. That is a soap opera full-card bingo.

Robert is so going to get with the maid, isn't he? Man, that's going to anger me. I'm ashamed to admit that I'm totally excited to see the drama with which influenza is handled.

Way to totally suggest to your employer that you would like to murder your wife, Mistah Behhhts. That's not going to come back and bite you at all. It's not like you have a track record of being falsely accused of things or anything.

Francie Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Slightly off topic, but Michelle Dockery is going to be on Letterman tonight so I'm hoping we get some good DA spoilers for next season. Although I would find it more than a little hilarious if Dave was a closet fan.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:55 pm

I just got the season 2 discs today, and I watched the last two episodes of the season.
Spoiler:
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:17 am

mokey75 wrote:I just got the season 2 discs today, and I watched the last two episodes of the season.
Spoiler:

If you go back to the beginning of the thread, I know I was calling
Spoiler:

I just got the DVDs too, and I've been rewatching it. Watch the Xmas special. Definitely my favourite episode of the season.

maxell131313 wrote:Slightly off topic, but Michelle Dockery is going to be on Letterman tonight so I'm hoping we get some good DA spoilers for next season. Although I would find it more than a little hilarious if Dave was a closet fan.

She is? Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I know they're starting to shoot S3 very soon (March, I think), but I don't really want to be spoiled. Half the fun is seeing it unfold.

Last edited by Morning Angel on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missing words!)
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  lil d Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:20 am

Francie Nolan wrote:I'm confused about PBS's scheduling. Next week there are two episodes, airing back-to-back. Are those episodes 6 and 7? Then the Christmas special is the following week? I thought there were 8 episodes plus the Christmas special, so I'm confused. Are we colonials combining 6 and 7 into one episode

PBS already combined episodes 1 and 2, since the first episode that aired was two hours as well. So I think that the ones airing this Sunday are the equivalent of UK episodes 7 and 8. And then we will get the Christmas special next weekend.

lil d

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:57 am

I re-watched the latest episode last night, and noticed something I didn't before: when Mr Behhts stalks out of the kitchen after getting the telegram about Vera's death (I think that's when it happened, Mr Behhts does a lot of stalking out of the kitchen), he and O'Brien totally share A Look. It's so fleeting that maybe it was unintentional but... I swear there was A Look there.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:26 am

*Boo to you double post*

Last edited by mokey75 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:27 am

mokey75 wrote:
Morning Angel wrote:I just got the season 2 discs today, and I watched the last two episodes of the season.
Spoiler:

If you go back to the beginning of the thread, I know I was calling
Spoiler:

OH MY GOD, HE SO IS! Ugh.
Spoiler:
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  pamchenko Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:45 am

mokey75 wrote:OH MY GOD, HE SO IS! Ugh.

Spoiler:

Michelle Dockery on Letterman last night. "I'm Michelle, and I've been in loads of plays in Essex, but I ain't done nuffink up the West End." Hee.

pamchenko

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Nolan Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:54 pm

lil d wrote:
Francie Nolan wrote:I'm confused about PBS's scheduling. Next week there are two episodes, airing back-to-back. Are those episodes 6 and 7? Then the Christmas special is the following week? I thought there were 8 episodes plus the Christmas special, so I'm confused. Are we colonials combining 6 and 7 into one episode

PBS already combined episodes 1 and 2, since the first episode that aired was two hours as well. So I think that the ones airing this Sunday are the equivalent of UK episodes 7 and 8. And then we will get the Christmas special next weekend.

Ah, I didn't think of that. I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time trying to figure that out, so thank you.

inversed, I noticed that too! Although, the giving of Looks is O'Brien's specialty.

Francie Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:57 pm

Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Unlucky Bear wrote:Downton Abbey valentines

Those are hilarious.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Ok, I just watched the Christmas special.
Spoiler:
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:49 am

Well, that was two hours of stupid people being stupid. Lord almighty, where to start...

• What the EFF was all that with Robert and the random maid?! So terrible and so ultimately pointless. I wish they had never even gone there, because now I kind of hate him, and it so wasn't worth it. I don't even know what that chick's problem is. "But will you ever really be happy?" Eff you, lady. You've been around for 20 minutes, which I understand is 20 years in Downton time, but it's still 20 minutes of my time, and it's annoying. Fucking the maid while his wife dies of the Spanish Flu probably isn't going to make him any happier than he currently is, so you and your invisible smarty pants kid can move along now.
  • BRANSON. I love you, but Sybil seriously just called you her ticket out of town. She's going to break your heart, dude. But I can see how you're blinded by both her pretty and the fact that she touched your face and kissed you in the same episode, which is more play than you've gotten in the past six or seven years (uh, random side note. That means Sybil was supposed to be 14 or 15 in the first episode? Wow. This show's timeline is NUTS).
  • Thomas. I can't even. How does he just buy a shit-ton of black market goods and not check them out first? And how do Daisy and Mrs. Patmore bake with said goods and not even notice?
  • Oh, Matthew. I'm cutting you slack because you are acting out of grief and guilt. Get your shit together in time for the Christmas special.
I've pretty much been over Mistah Behhts this season, but I love Anna so I was glad to see her get her few moments of happiness. I'm glad Lavinia got to go out with her dignity, I'm glad stupid Ethel is keeping her stupid baby, and I'm kind of going to miss Sir Richard and his douchiness whenever he finally goes away.

And finally, that dance! It's hilarious that Matthew seriously just leaped out of his wheelchair all, "Wowzers! I guess I'm cured!", but I don't even care because it led to that dance and their conversation and the kiss! I'm giving Matthew until however long it takes for the black armband to come off to snap out of it.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:06 am

Yeah, I honestly think this episode contains about 90% of the season's problems. The earlier episodes have issues, but to my mind the same issues the first season had and then this episode kind of goes straight off the rails. Especially the horrible Robert/Maid storyline. It is the WORST.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:03 am

Gillian wrote:I've pretty much been over Mistah Behhts this season, but I love Anna so I was glad to see her get her few moments of happiness.

Seriously. It's a gigantic house, and it's nice to know somebody's getting some (that didn't end up a disgraced single mom or had her one-night stand croak on her).

Robert: Dead. To. Me.

"Wowzers! I guess I'm cured!"

Heee! Hilarious.

I really wish Carlisle had a twirly moustache.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next